Looking for a guide on 'Pet Tutorial' Event

Darksiren - Storm Legion
Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Beginner's Guide
I've had problems running this little pet event in the past. I cant seem to get it done in time, so obviously i'm setting up wrong or reacting wrong or just doing it poorly. Unfortunately i lag in FH even on lite graphics, but nothing can be done about that but other people still say this daily quest is easy.

I've done a search for 'Pet Tutorial' but the forums factor out 3 letter words, and just gives me 6 pages with the word 'tutorial' (which i still checked through and couldnt find any good guide)

So start from scratch, tell me, or guide me on how the successful people at this event are doing it. It came up as my lucky today, so i'm hoping to have some good advice on it soon. Thanks.

Edit: Ignore this, i wasnt searching for the right name, forgot its also called "Taming: a Healthy Diet", when i searched for that, i got this helpful thread;
http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=127911&highlight=Taming+Healthy+Diet
which pretty much helped me do it without a problem, so thanks to those people who answered my question... a month ago >.<
Post edited by Darksiren - Storm Legion on

Comments

• Calad - Illyfue
    Calad - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The first time I also failed, but since then I tend to also do a couple of other (very quick) dailies during it and still finish with 5-7 min to spare.

1. Be mounted of course.
    2. Feed pet bread until it won't take any more (wait for about a second when you're done using any of the items to see if it had any undesired effects, as it may take a moment for them to appear and then you'd lose even more time with a failed next feeding attempt).
    3. Go to the berry bushes and fill the plate.
    4. Run to the fountain, sit in it, fill water bottle, give water to pet.
    5. Keep alternating while sitting in the fountain. Bread, fill bottle right away, by that time you see whether you can feed it again or need to water it and act accordingly.
    6. When it gets a tummy ache use the berries. Water also cures the potential food poisoning.
    7. Here it depends. It usually gets 3 tummy aches during a session, so you can go back to get more berries and repeat or use Mitchell for the wine. At first I tended to rush to Mitchell for wine from the start, so I'll have wine ready when needed, but now since it goes by so fast I just tend to go to him when needed and do something else (Alchemy tutorial, Cooking tutorial if it's the wolf meat one, maybe the find the place one since I take the picture on my way from tamer to fountain, depends) while waiting.
    8. After using berries or wine again, go back to fountain and repeat from point 4 or 5, as needed, till the end.
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The first time I also failed, but since then I tend to also do a couple of other (very quick) dailies during it and still finish with 5-7 min to spare.

1. Be mounted of course.
    2. Feed pet bread until it won't take any more (wait for about a second when you're done using any of the items to see if it had any undesired effects, as it may take a moment for them to appear and then you'd lose even more time with a failed next feeding attempt).
    3. Go to the berry bushes and fill the plate.
    4. Run to the fountain, sit in it, fill water bottle, give water to pet.
    5. Keep alternating while sitting in the fountain. Bread, fill bottle right away, by that time you see whether you can feed it again or need to water it and act accordingly.
    6. When it gets a tummy ache use the berries. Water also cures the potential food poisoning.
    7. Here it depends. It usually gets 3 tummy aches during a session, so you can go back to get more berries and repeat or use Mitchell for the wine. At first I tended to rush to Mitchell for wine from the start, so I'll have wine ready when needed, but now since it goes by so fast I just tend to go to him when needed and do something else (Alchemy tutorial, Cooking tutorial if it's the wolf meat one, maybe the find the place one since I take the picture on my way from tamer to fountain, depends) while waiting.
    8. After using berries or wine again, go back to fountain and repeat from point 4 or 5, as needed, till the end.

Thanks for the help. I managed to do it without the wine. Basically got berries then went to the fountain and fed him, occasionally using water and refilling when needed, used my 1st berry, when he needed another i got another, used it, grabbed another and went back to fountain. Then fed (and watered as necessary) until the end. It seems Wine really isnt needed at all.
  • pwanubis
    pwanubis Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    1. When you get quest go to the berry bushes and fill the plate
    2. Go to fountain
    3. Fill water bottle
    4. Go to Mitchell and give him water
    5. Dont wait for vine, move back to fountain
    6. Feed pet when is needed give him water
    7. When you rich 8/25 use berry
    8. Feed pet
    9. When 16/25 go to Mitchell and take vine
    10. Use vine
    11. Move back to fountain and feed pet
    12. Done

It is fastest way to finish this quest, about 5-7min
  • CamuiGackt - Lionheart
    CamuiGackt - Lionheart Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    pwanubis wrote: »
    1. When you get quest go to the berry bushes and fill the plate
    2. Go to fountain
    3. Fill water bottle
    4. Go to Mitchell and give him water
    5. Dont wait for vine, move back to fountain
    6. Feed pet when is needed give him water
    7. When you rich 8/25 use berry
    8. Feed pet
    9. When 16/25 go to Mitchell and take vine
    10. Use vine
    11. Move back to fountain and feed pet
    12. Done

It is fastest way to finish this quest, about 5-7min

That's it. Adding, the only thing you have to do, that most people doesn't, is pay attention on the debuffs you receive.
    Oh noes! I got <Sebestimated>!!!
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Moved to Beginner's Guide.

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    going to the berries is a waist of time especially when your at the fountain and all you have to do is fill the bottle with water and give it to mitchell and wait a minute compared to having to run across fh for the berry then run all the way back for water
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Naryia - Storm Legion
    Naryia - Storm Legion Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    its an easy quest -boring- but i noticed it gives ur pet great exp (my pet was lvl 1 and it got to 33 just from the quest exp) :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Light Bard
    Feel the music!!
  • Calad - Illyfue
    Calad - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I think you can mess up in a way that does make wine needed. Not sure how right now, makes no sense when I think of it, but think I ended up in such a situation once. But yeah, usually not needed unless you want to use the time for something else. Did it on Calad today and also did Harbor Guide, Alchemy Tutorial and Cooking Tutorial (got the wolf meat one) during it, while waiting for wine, and finished with 5 min to spare.
  • DeadlyRite - Eyrda
    DeadlyRite - Eyrda Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Theirs not even a option for Pet Tutorial unless it's that Taming a healthy diet one you mention, but I havent tried to see. The only other option is Mage Guard

The Taming Diet quest completed the Pet Tutorial quest even though I'm not a tamer and it says it would give me 2 exp, I got no exp for tamer lol
  • MeowHeals - Eyrda
    MeowHeals - Eyrda Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Theirs not even a option for Pet Tutorial unless it's that Taming a healthy diet one you mention, but I havent tried to see. The only other option is Mage Guard

The Taming Diet quest completed the Pet Tutorial quest even though I'm not a tamer and it says it would give me 2 exp, I got no exp for tamer lol

You're like a year late to help them now <<