test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Divine Priest Guide (PvE)

13»

Comments

• sinnersladysinnerslady Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I like this tree except for the loss of points in Tranquility..it is my opinion that the point of a divine priest is to heal only during any instance or group fight. Tenacity pulls the amount of threat down to keep the mobs off of the priest and attacking the targets they need to be attacking leaving the priest the ability to do their job as a healer. If your party is doing their jobs the priest should not have to deal with attacking anything at all during any instance.

As for AOS, I have taken my priest with 2 other players, both tanks, one gemmed and geared to the hilt, the other working his way there nicely, and learning quickly, I was not one time interupted while casting any healing skills, and actually was not even attacked very much at all, I think I was attacked by Morodda or whatever his name is 2 times, and by Bob once or twice, was not once transformed. I would attribute that to Tranquility and the reduction in the threat of my healing skills.

Yes, I do agree that soloing anything as a divine priest is difficult, but is not impossible. Your pet will help you a great deal if you send your pet to attack first, this keeps the mobs off of you but allows you to attack without losing any health, and minimal mana usage. Mana is hard to keep up with.

Thank you lushy for the post, glad to find it a sticky already when I found it. :)
  • zamorakhaloxdddzamorakhaloxddd Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank YouT;Applauding
  • thyme3reinathyme3reina Posts: 11 Arc User
    I've been playing a lycan priest for a few years and only thing good about this posting is the common sense stuff posted in it. Listing stuff like a racial comparison is a moot point because the racial skills are only level 1 with no way to upgrade them. They should of covered all three races and went into more detail about them. They only covered basic stuff for low level priests. So it makes me assume that the person just started playing a priest for a few levels and decided to make a guide about it. This is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. But listing a lot of pointless stuff like the 1% hp chance that one of the races offers and only mentioning beginner level blue gear is the type of oversight that led me to this conclusion. They also did not cover all the bonus abilities that most of your skills have on top of the ones that you get from dyo's when you insert runes. Or even say to us how to use runes even though it is a important part of building a toon. Not covering this aspect also makes most guides useless because it doesn't help to scratch the surface of the classes offered in this game.

I noticed one or more commonly used skills such as angelic harmony is not even covered. This skill heals the entire party, is one of the major priest heals, and is avalable to all priest types. It also would of shown us that regardless of race or class the game will compensate your toon for what it lacks. It gives it other skills or hidden abilities that are just as good or even better than the ones you are readng about. So the best thing to do when creating a priest is to use trial and error and to actually TRY out all the races/trees it has. That way you can find the one that works best for you and your unique fighting ability. You may find that even though divine seems interesting, it may not work for you. Its important to figure this out in the begining or you'll waste your time upgrading on a toon that ultimately is just another useless bank toon.

It also irritated me when they said that divine light is useless. It may not be a main heal but it has a lot of abilities such as giving the target a bonus 1000 max health which stacks 3 times. It also has 10% crit heal chance and/or 10% chance to cast either inspiration or holy power effect. Without knowing about this it limits the knowledge of what your toon can do. So it made me assume they didn't fully know how to use their skills.

I am sorry if this offends either the poster or the other replyers but this is what I took away from reading this post. :(
    Even if it is outdated it could of been a lot better than what it was.

• thyme3reinathyme3reina Posts: 11 Arc User

"The only real soloing in this game is sometimes quests make you go kill x number of monsters." -Deltatroopa (Stormlegion)

There is a glitch to the "party of three" rule since the new patch came out so you can solo all the instances as long as there is a manual entry for them with just you and one alt if you wanted too. Might take a while to kill stuff inside but you can do it. Helps you farm gear/items without the need for a party. So its somewhat helpful when it comes to the daily grind. :)

• shadrimshadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    The game has evolved much since this guide was made.
    People who want to heal can now decide to go for mediocre results and going divine priest or to go for single target healing as a vamp (easily doing 200k life and more per heal, a value no divine priest will be able to reach) or to go for group healing with 55k per tick (again: no divine will be able to do this) as a light bard, being also able to revive during "battle" (the game has still serious issues determining whats a battle concerning the revive block !).

Sad as it is, the divine priest has become somewhat useless compared to the real deal healers that have been made out of vamps and light bards by the game design by now. Just for being a shield bot with the bubble in 3 or 4 dungeons does not seem to be rewarding at all and does not justify the current downsides of this class.

As with every toon, one must ask what purpose it can serve and what one wants to achieve with it. With the mediocre base damage, single instances like hell road (direly needed for your skill ups) are a pain - much more as your former single target and now group buffs do not affect your little helper NPC anymore (they also do not affect other subgroups in a fellowship).
    The healeffects you can achieve through overpriced gear and runes will never ever come near those from the former "off heals" vamp and light bard anymore unless there is another game design turnaround which does not seem likely at all at this time.
    Still useable in pulling new toons through the now mandatory equipment token grinder dungeons, the divine has lost most of its former purpose except being a bubble bot in endgame content maybe.

So... do not expect too much from a divine priest in the current state of the game. The times it was some sort of "main healing" class have long passed and since the developers did not come up with a new purpose or at least some sort of catch up to the real new main healers for this class, maybe the players have to find one that goes beyond bubble throwing storage toon.
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kumikumi Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    shadrim said:

People who want to heal can now decide to go for mediocre results and going divine priest or to go for single target healing as a vamp (easily doing 200k life and more per heal, a value no divine priest will be able to reach).

Yes, they can.

Built correctly, a divine priest could easily solo target crit heal 300k+. I quit before mine was finished.
    Houseplant of Lionheart server
    kumi said:

shadrim said:

People who want to heal can now decide to go for mediocre results and going divine priest or to go for single target healing as a vamp (easily doing 200k life and more per heal, a value no divine priest will be able to reach).

Yes, they can
    Built correctly, a divine priest could easily solo target crit heal 300k+. I quit before mine was finished.
    Sorry i was so unclear.
    Comparing heals to crit heals is just as dishonest as claiming divines hit as hard as DPS classes because divine crits hit as hard as the contestants auto hit.

Please dont tell the tale that with equal equipment cost the heal effect of equal skills (real one on target, not the whatever it means numeric value in the stats) of "off heals" and "heal priest" is at least equal.
    If you indeed know how to build a "real" "heal" priest, why not share the build and "secrets" ? As long as it wont cripple the priest to some battle unworthy deadweight healpot substitute i will gladly adapt my divine and check if this works out.
    (btw theres a sign of AH on the floor. ;) )
    edited January 2016
    shadrim said:

kumi said:

shadrim said:

Yes, they can
    Sorry i was so unclear.
    Comparing heals to crit heals is just as dishonest as claiming divines hit as hard as DPS classes because divine crits hit as hard as the contestants auto hit.

Please dont tell the tale that with equal equipment cost the heal effect of equal skills (real one on target, not the whatever it means numeric value in the stats) of "off heals" and "heal priest" is at least equal.
    If you indeed know how to build a "real" "heal" priest, why not share the build and "secrets" ? As long as it wont cripple the priest to some battle unworthy deadweight healpot substitute i will gladly adapt my divine and check if this works out.
    (btw theres a sign of AH on the floor. ;) )
    *It's not dishonest. It's relevant. A bard bap can have a base tick of 40k-50k, critting at 80k-100k. Div priest single target easily crit heals 2x+ higher than that. AH can't compare, but it doesn't need to: It doesn't require a target to cast on, meaning a priest can maintain more distance between themselves and the boss/tank, keeping everyone safer, and being much more mobile with bosses that require a lot of running (MI comes to mind).
    And as far as combat res goes, the debuffs in the higher instances makes res in general, moot. Outside of that, a divine priest worth their salt in a party whose DPS is doing their job knows how to get out of combat (Which is possible as long as they aren't being hit or debuffed). Vamps can neither group heal nor res, and having to single target heal a whole group is an unnecessary pain. Between vamp or bard, bard is less of a headache, even though the numbers it can reach are lower than vamp.
    What's dishonest is pretending that you know everything about a class when you're clearly only looking at numbers, and not at all accounting for anything else. Yes, blood vamps crit heal higher than divine priests. And yes, baptism easily ticks higher than AH. But you're cheating yourself and others if you think that alone makes divine priest irrelevant or incapable of being any good.

*I never said anything about a "real" heal build. Stop putting words in my mouth, and cut the attitude. Nobody wants to school a brat. Just admit when you've been wrong, adjust your outlook and move on. It's not that hard.

*Yes, AH is in the process of being cast. I'm a priest and I was healing FHOF at the time. What's your point? I have yet to hear why it's impossible that a divine priest can hit those numbers, as you said. Keep in mind, nowadays you can only see your own single target heals.

*I do share the build and it's "secrets". I have, many times. Ask the resident divine priests of Lionheart who've bothered to ask me. One such secret is: Racial divine talent trees are different. Elves get a 20% heal boost from Natural Protection every time Heal is cast. Humans get a cooldown reduction, and lycans only get the 20% heal boost while in wolf form, which is practically useless given how long the cooldown is between wolf forms and how much of a pain it is to keep up once it is up. This is obvious to anyone who takes the time to READ the talent trees.
    Since you insist on going for lottery luck skill effect (crits) instead of reliable stats (normal, even with buffs), i do not believe it makes sense to "discuss" with you.
    Ignoring that a baptism reliably perma heals with 55k+ and that vamp single heals reliably 240k+ (without crit "luck") seems strange to me.
    There is a reason why i reduce the divine "heal" priest to numbers:
    After all the reliability issues with the divines official "60% chance" to full heal (that mostly looks like a 6% chance), target change bug (atk skill on mob>heal skill on grpmember void) , wither stacks (two priests/dmg changes due to other skill effects "interfering", currently fixed), composite heal (skill up issues) and purifying light i only look at what skill effects do reliably.
    So do most of the groups i know. Cant deliver enough heal "numbers" to the party when they need ? Guess what they do on the next run(s).

Some of the "battle status" issues that some dungeons like to induce on priests, can not be countered by group strategies. Same goes for the occasional server glitch where you dont even leave "battle status" when back in town.

As you claim to know about some divine build that actually does give almost equal heal power to the "off heal" classes, i suggest you post it here. Sorry to "sound like a brat", english is not my maternal language so why not rely on facts alone - even if they are "only numbers" - which means everything this game is made of.
    edited February 2016
    You mean that thing where you can SEE where your crit % is increased by your gear? Or your talents/SP? Hang on, let me phone the DPS of this game, their dps isn't real based on the "lottery chance" of critting.

Bard/Vamp: Bards have to have a target to cast on (Which drags them into a closer range than priests), and vampires can only single target heal (MURDER on the fingers, assuming you don't bot). Priests don't need a target to cast on to cast their main/most powerful heals, and they can group heal. Don't think this is significant? Look at the latest patch content updates. In all honesty, I used to be a light bard. I loved the gameplay. But priests are so much stronger and better suited to solo healing, it's ridiculous. That's the real reason behind priests being "main" heals in so many raids. They don't need to be too close to the boss, and they can still group heal. I'm not saying there aren't light bards or blood vamps out there whose numbers exceed mine. I'm sure there are... but can they do what a priest can? Even with light bard solo heal nowadays (Solo of Light), it's low and its cooldown is kinda BS + the res cooldown is kinda too-long. I can get out of combat nearly anywhere sooner + res more people as a priest.

You're a fool, and I don't have the patience to explain why. That's a personal flaw on my part. As far as my build goes: I don't owe you that information. You can "suggest" all you want, but unless you ASK, I don't care. I'ma Miss Cleo for a second: You think if I can't produce my specific information for you to COPY, that means I'm not legit and/or must be faking? Maybe I've just been with this game since its early beta years and nobody gave me tips. Maybe I still give tips to the people who treat me like I'm an actual person on the other side of the screen.
    Numbers are NOT all this game is made of: Watch a bot of higher numbers VS a smart, skilled player of lower numbers. Which race is "naturally" geared toward a SPECIFIC type of gameplay. Watch PVP: Smart, autonomous players VS "stronger" players of the same class. Holy ****, you made me reference PVP in this game...are you proud of yourself??

English doesn't have to be your 1st language for you to not be an ****. Ask any of my Philipino/Brasilian/Italian/"other" friends. And no, you don't have to kiss my ****, either.

Stats-wise: The """secret""" is heal effect. Secondly, attack. Thirdly, mana. Fourth-ly, don't bot your solo heal instances and hone your actual reflexes. A practiced player always trumps bot, ALWAYS. Bot does not prioritize, which is necessary for many instances. Bot does not react as quickly, which is also highly necessary for many instances.
    And in recent instances, bot doesn't learn or adjust. THOSE ARE MAJOR FACTORS.
    edited February 2016
    kumi said:

You mean that thing where you can SEE where your crit % is increased by your gear?

No, i never go for the fake stats shown in the toons list. That would be as silly as going for the fake ping stats below the radar. Already figured out by testing (putting "healeffect" ID fashion on and off) that an increase of 380 "healeffect" stats on gear does not show any positive effect on AH or LoH. Still trying to figure out which amount of "gear stat heal effect" is needed to show a visible augmentation.

As far as i understand, you intentionally "misunderstand" what i am saying.
    All that counts for me is the reliable, "real" healeffect on the target of choice, nothing else matters. Crit heal is lottery luck, nothing that should be taken for working when needed.

Bard rez CD has been increasd to insane amounts with the new patch , bard mana reg has increased way above composite heal plus rune augment ("level 4"). Vamps can now group heal. Priests, however, have not received the promised augmentation of dispel and also did not get the promised increase of atk skill base dmg, so again, let us not look at false skill descriptions but on the real effect on target please.

You keep ignoring the "heal" stonemen, which is OK for me as their real healeffect on target is even below divines.
    For a player claiming to have years of experience, you should know that there are many debuffs and situations where the priest will not be able to get "out of battle" at all. Remember those weed enemies that perma aggro you from miles away ? Remember Charlottes debuff that cannot be dispelled and will last longer than shes dead until you leave the dungeon ? Just two "old" examples where the game will not let the priest go rezzin, with no remedy in sight.

Numbers, meaning the "real" heleffect on target, the "real" dispel/cure and support power are everything here when talking about a "main healer". Flashy stats and skill descriptions rarely live up to the expectations they generate.
    Apart from the new level 90 skill there is not much that makes the divine half breed wannabe "healer" what it once was, even the light power skills dont give more heal, the "light angelic harmony" (or whatever it is called in english) is a 10 second damage reduction selfbuff, nothing more.

So as long as you insist on talking about skill descriptions and pseudo stats instead of the real value for others (including the reliability issues of divine priest skills), i believe any "discussion" is useless as our views differ too greatly.

By the way, i never bot in potentially dangerous situations. I totally agree on your opinion here but botting or not was and is not the point when looking on what toons can do for others. Your decision to not back up your claims is ok for me. Anyone reading should have enough information by now what the so called "heal priest" can do - and where the former "off heals" can perform much better in the actual game.