auction house

ylanday69
ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Suggestion Box
hi

i think having both player shops and an ah will create a horrible shopping experience. in order to buy something you really need / looking for you will need to check the ah, then check the gazillion player shops everywhere, who knows where else the sneaky ones could be and than also check everywhere again on alternate realms. i understand there will be a primary player shop realm but you will still need to check the other realms if you are looking for something bad enough.

the best solutions i have heard would be the following:

1. link player shops to the ah, so that the items in all player shops will show up in the ah search results. im sure the taxman can still take a cut of the profits.

2. upon opening a player shop there would be a button to browse all other player shops including those on a different realm.

3. and my least favored option would be to remove player shops completely.

if either of the first 2 options are taken, then further steps could be taken to reduce the mess that player shops create, maybe a real estate type system?
Post edited by ylanday69 on

Comments

• fusionultima
    fusionultima Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I Think Player Shops In General Are A Horrible Idea, They Cause Lag, Crowd, And Sometimes Are Impossible To Get Around~

The Auction House Is What I Personally To Believe To Be The Best Way To Get Your Items Sold, It's Quick, Easy, You Don't Have To Sit Around And Lag Everyone To Death, And It Lowers The Amount Of Idiots Spamming S>MYSOUL In All The Chats~

I'm Not In The Beta Yet, Though~ So I'm Sure This Post Will Just Go Down The Drain~
    Seriously, Don't Ask About The Caps. It's A Habit. If It Bothers You, Disregard My Posts.
  • pheratrix
    pheratrix Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I think we're fine with just the AH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ylanday69
    edited February 2011
    what exactly are you suggesting?

that we go with option 3?

or that its fine as it is?

as it stands now there will be a AH as well as PLAYER SHOPS EVERYWHERE!
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Sellers will usually put their shop in a noticeable place as it is in their interest to sell their stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fusionultima
    fusionultima Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    Sellers will usually put their shop in a noticeable place as it is in their interest to sell their stuff.
    Usually That Means- "In Your Way"

So.. (Haven't Played Yet, Waiting For P4) Is There Player Shops? Or An AH?

Or Both?

Or Are They Still Working On That?
    Seriously, Don't Ask About The Caps. It's A Habit. If It Bothers You, Disregard My Posts.
  • hidden30
    hidden30 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I Think Player Shops In General Are A Horrible Idea, They Cause Lag, Crowd, And Sometimes Are Impossible To Get Around~

The Auction House Is What I Personally To Believe To Be The Best Way To Get Your Items Sold, It's Quick, Easy, You Don't Have To Sit Around And Lag Everyone To Death, And It Lowers The Amount Of Idiots Spamming S>MYSOUL In All The Chats~

I completely agree with you. It would be nice to just have an auction house. It gets really annoying when the players shops encloak the NPC's and you can't see them (they had a button to remove players like this in PWI, I wonder if they will have it in this game).

Maybe it's just me, but items sold in Auctions were generally cheaper than the ones in stalls. In a game called TO, I noticed how the items in auctions could be more than half off the prices of the same items in player shops.
    "Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • ylanday69
    edited February 2011
    Is There Player Shops? Or An AH? Or Both? Or Are They Still Working On That?

atm there is only player shops, but when the ah is implemented there will be BOTH. the CN version has both.

tyanara wrote: »

pity this wont apply to everyone, you'll still need to look everywhere. lotta ppl will setup shop wherever they decide to stop playing.
  • zevie
    zevie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I HATE player shops.It is much easyer to find what you are looking for in a Auction house.Not only that, but i would much rather be playing the game with friends then sitting it a player shop hoping someone buys my junk.They also cause to much lag and are Always over priced and in the way or have rude sayings / pictures on them.We all know girls have a button and boys have a pole , we don't need pictures of that stuff.
  • tcat025
    tcat025 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011

There is another option to taking out player shops. Some games have gone so far as to create a specific server instance for player shops.
  • bunnypirates
    bunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The player shops should be removed or made available on only one realm. They look dumb, they create lag, people place them on NPC's so you can't click the NPC, you can't quest or do anything useful while vending and it takes forever to take a look at all the shops when people put OMGZ LOOK!!1one as the title.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O: