Guild Structure

extremejosh88
extremejosh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
I really do apologize if this has been answered I did a quick search and looked through the news section and found nothing to answer my questions. im not asking how much it cost or who to talk to or wht lvl i can make guilds no ive seen that one asked and answered alot on these forums wht i want to know is the features for guilds whats the max guilds ranks you can have. can u can guild members titles as i have seen in other games do they have some sort of tax system like in wow when a guild member sells stuff or loots monsters like 5% of that goes into a bank can you make special guild flags or anything of the sort again maybe all this stuff was asnwerd but honestly i couldnt find answers to my questions when looking also besides the questions im asking can people also list all the other special features of guilds too? the reason im asking this is mostly because im making my ranking system before i get into the game but im not sure how many ranks you can make.

EDIT: guys please understand that i really did search no i didnt go through the 100s of pages of threads but yes i use the search function....alot and i found nothing remotely helpful
Post edited by extremejosh88 on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Recruitingthread: fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87981
Guild Site: fworganizationxiii.guildlaunch.com

A scattered dream
that's like a far-off memory.
A far-off memory
that's like a scattered dream.

Comments

• silad
    silad Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Upon being created, a guild will have space for up to 30 people and only one corp which can hold up to 15 people, with the guild leader also being the captain of said corp. You can change a corps name to whatever you want (though theres a limit on amount of characters that can be used), and the only noticeable benefit of being part of a corp is that it allows you to talk in corp chat that is, a chat mode that will only be received by the other members of your own corp (like guild chat). At this point, leadership cannot be transferred. Theres also no such thing as a guild bank.

Aside from all that, people who join a guild are marked as probationary members and the guild leader can either transfer them to a corp or mark them as honorary members, however in practice, there doesnt seem to be any practical differences between any of these 3 (aside from corp members having corp chat).

Once your guild hits lvl 2, its max amount of members will rise to 60 and you will get a second corp. With this, you also get the ability to promote a member of said corp to be corp captain (this allows them to freely invite people into their corp and also to invite people into the guild) and from there to vice leader (this gives them even more power over the guild features, but I dont feel like going through all the differences over a leader and a vice leader right now). A leader can also transfer leadership of the guild to its vice leader, and there also seems to be an option that allows vice leaders to coup detat their leaders, though dunno how that one works. You can also promote and demote ppl at will, and even kick from guild and invite them right back in, no cool downs of any kind in these actions.

At lvl 3 the max number of members becomes 105 and you get two new corps to play with. You can only have one leader and one vice leader though, so the max you can assign to people in the other corps is corp captain status. At lvl 4 (you need to get a guild base to lvl the guild higher than 3) max amount of members upgrades to 150 and you get another two new corps. With a base you can now get a whole lot of other new options, depending on the buildings that you build inside of it, including a guild storehouse. Also, guild bases use a daily gold fee to operate and thus, they have funds that are used both to pay for this fee and for the price of any building constructed. Half of the price paid for a base during its auctioning becomes its funds and you can then increase said gold by completing certain guild base quests, however said gold cannot be removed from the base or used for any other means, at least as far as I know. Its also possible to donate gold to the guild funds should the need arise.

I hope this answers your questions.
  • extremejosh88
    edited February 2011
    @silad ty very helpful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A scattered dream
    A far-off memory
  • bryanfury83
    bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    How much is the fee to pay?

Do the clan hall fee increase with the clan level and/or the ammount of structure you have or it's still the same, no matter what clan level you have and/or how many structures you built?
  • silad
    silad Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    A base begins with a basic fee of 20 Gold per day which then goes up as you build more structures. The first and only thing you can build on a new base is the Castle, which lvls up your guild to lvl 4 and adds 8 more Gold to the fee and from there, most other buildings will add around 4 more Gold into it.

On another hand, each member of the guild can get 4 guild base affair envelops each day (not sure if its always 4 or if you get 3 envelopes up to lvl 39 and then 4 after lvl 40) and then use them on the different base NPCs (these become available as you build things up btw, you begin with just one active NPC) to get a chain of 4 base quests (one envelope = chain of 4 quests one after another) that will provide with different kinds of guild base resources (these are used in different amounts when building something, not unlike a RTS-game like Starcraft) AND also some base funds. The quests gotten are dependent on your lvl and will usually ask to either kill certain mobs or go fetch stuff for some NPC, with about 6 or so different ones for each lvl range.

What quests you get in the chain are also random, you could be asked to do the same quest 4 times or get 4 different ones, but as you complete each quest, you will get increasingly better rewards, with the first one of the chain giving around 50 soul silver (not sure if this one is lvl dependent or not, but its likely) and small exp to the player, while also giving some resources and 10 silver to the guild base funds; the second one gives around 80 soul silver, more exp, more resources and 20 silver to the base; the third one will give around 1 soul gold, even more exp and resources and 30 silver to the base; and the final, fourth one in the chain will give around 1,5 soul gold, a decent amount of exp, resources and 40 silver to the base funds, meaning that completing a full chain (that is, completing the quests gotten from just one envelope) gives around 3 to 4 soul gold and a decent amount of exp to the character, while also granting decent amounts of resources and 1 gold of funds to the base. And, since a character gets 4 envelopes a day (they last 8 hours btw, while base quests last around 20 hours), this allows a single person to complete up to 4 chains or a total of 16 base quests, for 4 Gold of funds for the base.

On average, these quests are simple things that take from 5 to 10 mins to be completed, so doing all 16 is more tedious than truly time consuming. Also, while at first a base will only have one NPC that gives quests out, and thus a player can only have one chain going at a time, as more buildings are created and more NPCs become available, it becomes possible to turn in all 4 envelopes at once at different NPCs, and thus do all 4 chains at once; that is, do the 4 quests of the 4 different chains in just one go out of the base, instead of having to go in and out of the base for all 16 quests, which greatly lowers the time spent on it. Aside from all of this, the main base NPC will reward you for completing your first full chain of that day (that is, all the 4 quests from it) with 5 soul gold, so if anything, every member of a base should look forward to completing at least 1 envelope worth of quests each day, since its probably the best and fastest source of soul gold the game has to offer (and considering how expensive do gear fortifications get at higher lvls, soul gold becomes a rare and valuable thing).

Aside from all this, if a base goes lower than a certain amount of funds, it will enter a low maintenance cost mode that will render most functions from it unusable but also lower its maintenance cost by half and if even then its funds keep on dropping, they base can eventually be lost.
  • bryanfury83
    edited February 2011
    So if each clan member does complete all the 4 BASE AFFAIR the clan itself gain automatically 1G, Or the player does have to give to the base founds?

I do think that 20G (and more with builds) is a lot of money... the fee should be WEEKLY not DAYLY as all the other games
  • yoyo385
    yoyo385 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    1 envelope is 1 gold so per player u get 4 gold daily and if u have 195 members then upkeep isnt rly a problem.
  • extremejosh88
    edited February 2011
    @silad again wow thnkz for info
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A scattered dream
    A far-off memory
  • bryanfury83
    edited February 2011
    yoyo385 wrote: »
    1 envelope is 1 gold so per player u get 4 gold daily and if u have 195 members then upkeep isnt rly a problem.
    Based on the fact that the more builds you do more increase, assume that you have 20+100, you have to get 120 each day, mean live inside the game...

a group of 20 people do jump a day,
    do go in vacation for X days,
    do have to go to school and can't connect for some problems,
    do have RL problems,
    do have any kind of problem you can think

your clan base will die... that have to be changed a bit seriously... Daily is a bad choise to make, it has ever been made weekly in all the games (even the bad ones i hate) for a main target: allow people to not live inside the game because if they jump even one day all will be f.uck down
  • mezgi
    mezgi Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    you also can donate tradeble gold , 5 pieces. And yes , you need more or less active guild to get gold needed
  • hidden30
    hidden30 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Based on the fact that the more builds you do more increase, assume that you have 20+100, you have to get 120 each day, mean live inside the game...

a group of 20 people do jump a day,
    do go in vacation for X days,
    do have to go to school and can't connect for some problems,
    do have RL problems,
    do have any kind of problem you can think

your clan base will die... that have to be changed a bit seriously... Daily is a bad choise to make, it has ever been made weekly in all the games (even the bad ones i hate) for a main target: allow people to not live inside the game because if they jump even one day all will be f.uck down

Yes, this does not seem realistic; they should make it weekly. Hopefully they will change it before FW is officially released..

"Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • reecex
    reecex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I don't think that the toll for the guild base is unreasonable. Lets say you had a level 4 guild (20 gold + 8 for the castle) with 10 other buildings. That would 28 + 40 = 68 gold a day. The dailies give you 1 gold per a chain and you get 4 chains so each person can contribute 4 gold.

68 / 4 = 17 people

A level 4 guild can have 150 members, so that means only a little over 10% of the people in the guild would have to do them everyday. If less than 10% of a guild is getting on daily then it probably wouldn't have a guild base in the first place.

So all in all i think the pricing is fair.
  • bryanfury83
    edited February 2011
    reecex wrote: »
    I don't think that the toll for the guild base is unreasonable. Lets say you had a level 4 guild (20 gold + 8 for the castle) with 10 other buildings. That would 28 + 40 = 68 gold a day. The dailies give you 1 gold per a chain and you get 4 chains so each person can contribute 4 gold.

68 / 4 = 17 people

A level 4 guild can have 150 members, so that means only a little over 10% of the people in the guild would have to do them everyday. If less than 10% of a guild is getting on daily then it probably wouldn't have a guild base in the first place.

So all in all i think the pricing is fair.

The pricing is fair? not.

That kind of daily fee mean to live inside the game. You said if all the people does all the 4 chains. What if they don't have time to do all the 4? Not everyone do live here to play only games.

China people should learn that we are not farmers. Because that kind of way is called farming. To keep a clan hall you need to farm up the daily with a lot of person.

With that the game itself is cutting off a lot of people and clans that does are not mixed and do wish to keep only a language inside it.

Since the clan halls are infinite, i don't see the reason to keep the fee daily. All the games does have it weekly for the reason i said. People don't live inside the game.
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    So, wait, the base fee is daily?

Meaning that if a couple people miss for one day the whole base could be gone? That's not fair at all, then should just make it weekly that way that people with lives would actually be able to keep up a base.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • amazinghaze
    amazinghaze Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    People speak so easy about getting 16 guild base quests done each day, at first i did 16 each day (when i had nothing to do all day long). But if you even have to work go to school i can assure you, you dont want to do the same quests 16 times a day everyday. How ever the guild base quests are not the only way to keep up the upkeep for your guild base, you can also build a Tradingpost which makes your members able to run guild trade runs which give pretty quick funds for the guild. Upgrading your trading post makes more items available also a higher lvl will result in more profit from trade runs for example a lvl 50 char can get a maximum of 56000 coins for his 3rd guild trade run which is about 2G+ funds :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • keef1988
    keef1988 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    If your guild base funds fall below a certain number maintenance falls down to 20% so the chance of your base disappearing because your guild was inactive for a few days is minimal. During this mode you can't buy/take quests except donating to guild funds and doing trade runs.

The funds which cause maintenance mode increases as you build too.
    Also some buildings reduce daily maintenance cost of all buildings.

Trading post allows everyone over 40 to do a guild trade run instead of solo, this gets half the amount you get in soul coin as Guild funds. Aswell as your soul coin you don't earn less of it.

At lvl 50 merchant lvl 2 if I magically max my trade cap I can get the guild almost 9 gold per day.

If you believe you may have problems maintaining your guild I advise you to build trading post first then short of later game when its costing something crazy you can maintain it with a skeleton crew for an extended length of time.
  • extremejosh88
    edited February 2011
    thinking about it yea paying daily is annoying but it shouldnt be too hard keeping up with the expenses seriously ppl stop complaining they're not gonna read this thread and say "omg we have to change this right now" nope they wont in fact they'll never see this thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A scattered dream
    A far-off memory
  • style117
    style117 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Dont forget that guild quests are needed to build new buildings inside your base and they give alot of exp/soulgold so there is no reason why you wouldnt want to do them o.o
  • bryanfury83
    edited February 2011
    keef1988 wrote: »
    If your guild base funds fall below a certain number maintenance falls down to 20% so the chance of your base disappearing because your guild was inactive for a few days is minimal. During this mode you can't buy/take quests except donating to guild funds and doing trade runs.

The funds which cause maintenance mode increases as you build too.
    Also some buildings reduce daily maintenance cost of all buildings.

Trading post allows everyone over 40 to do a guild trade run instead of solo, this gets half the amount you get in soul coin as Guild funds. Aswell as your soul coin you don't earn less of it.

At lvl 50 merchant lvl 2 if I magically max my trade cap I can get the guild almost 9 gold per day.

If you believe you may have problems maintaining your guild I advise you to build trading post first then short of later game when its costing something crazy you can maintain it with a skeleton crew for an extended length of time.
    So we have to live inside the game to keep a clan base? Because let me understand...

to maintain you MUST do all the chains, then do all the guild runs. What if someone work and have not time? What if someone does have school and can't keep his presence so more than a few hours?

There are daily to level up, to take items, and so on, and you mind to make ALL the chains + all the clan runs + all the personal daily + all the other **** around for yourself in few hours?

that is really crazy...

You really have not a life guys if you still think it's fair. I do have to work half of a day, then i have to find time for my family and to rest myself, then add the few hours of eating and sleeping, i will do have at least 4h max of gaming. Do you think i'm able to do all these things in 4h? lol...

As for me also billion people does.. (some even wrost...)
  • extremejosh88
    edited February 2011
    So we have to live inside the game to keep a clan base? Because let me understand...

to maintain you MUST do all the chains, then do all the guild runs. What if someone work and have not time? What if someone does have school and can't keep his presence so more than a few hours?

There are daily to level up, to take items, and so on, and you mind to make ALL the chains + all the clan runs + all the personal daily + all the other **** around for yourself in few hours?

that is really crazy...

You really have not a life guys if you still think it's fair. I do have to work half of a day, then i have to find time for my family and to rest myself, then add the few hours of eating and sleeping, i will do have at least 4h max of gaming. Do you think i'm able to do all these things in 4h? lol...

i seriously seriously doubt its gonna be that hard i mean come on guys may be just slightly annoying that its a daily paying thing but not gonna affect you too bad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A scattered dream
    A far-off memory
  • keef1988
    edited February 2011

that is really crazy...

On the contrary the more gold that can be made per person the less each person actually HAS to do per day to keep guildbase.

Remember you can't even bid on a guildbase till you have lvl3 guild with is 105 members or such like.

So the more actives in guild the less you have to do. If you had 150 ppl in guild that were all active and each did ONE envelope that would be 1.5Diamonds guild fund.
    More than enough to maintain your base.

This system seems more aimed at you need a big active guild to maintain the guildbase not just ten people paying for everything.

Which incidentally those ten probably could afford to maintain their own lvl2 guildbase if they were all "no-lifers" as you say.
  • extremejosh88
    edited February 2011
    On the contrary the more gold that can be made per person the less each person actually HAS to do per day to keep guildbase.

Remember you can't even bid on a guildbase till you have lvl3 guild with is 105 members or such like.

So the more actives in guild the less you have to do. If you had 150 ppl in guild that were all active and each did ONE envelope that would be 1.5Diamonds guild fund.

This system seems more aimed at you need a big active guild to maintain the guildbase not just ten people paying for everything.

Which incidentally those ten probably could afford to maintain their own lvl2 guildbase if they were all "no-lifers" as you say.

what i was gonna say just didnt feel like typing lol well put
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A scattered dream
    A far-off memory
  • bryanfury83
    edited February 2011

What if you are going in vacation and a large group too during the same period? What during the summer? You can't make it daily, because you will lose it.... or are we supposed to stay on the game also during the summer? What about christmas or other festivity periods? are we going to need to play during them?

You have to think about all the variables..

Anyway, a side question: what happen if you have not a base and you do the base daily affairs? the leaders does gain golds?

another side question: how much each structure does increase? (i mean, each building is +X)
  • pimpeh
    pimpeh Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well,this would make sure that only the best guilds would be able to keep a guild base running so I don't really see it as a bad thing. Every mmo needs something rare to work for and this would probably be one of the rare things in FW. Good guilds can plan ahead and save up some gold for maintaining the base if they know that a period where most of it's members are going to be inactive will come. If it would be that easy to maintain it then every single guild is going to have a base and then it wouldn't be considered rare anymore now would it?

I still think this game has too many dailies though,repetitive things will cause boredom,just saying.
  • keef1988
    edited February 2011
    What if you are going in vacation and a large group too during the same period? What during the summer? You can't make it daily, because you will lose it.... or are we supposed to stay on the game also during the summer? What about christmas or other festivity periods? are we going to need to play during them?

You have to think about all the variables..

Anyway, a side question: what happen if you have not a base and you do the base daily affairs? the leaders does gain golds?

another side question: how much each structure does increase? (i mean, each building is +X)

Hmm If 100 people all disappear at once then I think this must be less of a guild and more of a cult with a pact to drink the "special" punch.
    But fair enough if through freak circumstance everyone disappears then you will lose the base. Obviously. But none of you would be there to notice anyhow so who would care?

Lvl 1 guild buildings add 4gold to maintenance. Lvl 2 are 6 or 10gold dependant on building, Castles costs 8gold for lvl 1 and 20gold for lvl 2.

If you don't have a guild base you can't do guild daily quests. So no the guild leader couldn't get the gold from your questing.
  • bryanfury83
    edited February 2011
    Hmm If 100 people all disappear at once then I think this must be less of a guild and more of a cult with a pact to drink the "special" punch.
    But fair enough if through freak circumstance everyone disappears then you will lose the base. Obviously. But none of you would be there to notice anyhow so who would care?

Lvl 1 guild buildings add 4gold to maintenance. Lvl 2 are 6 or 10gold dependant on building, Castles costs 8gold for lvl 1 and 20gold for lvl 2.

If you don't have a guild base you can't do guild daily quests. So no the guild leader couldn't get the gold from your questing.

so a total cost for a total expansion what is?

20 the base
    20 the castle Lv2 (Is it the max?)
    10 for each (How many are in total?) structure Lv2 (Is it the max?)

20+20+(10*??)=???
  • keef1988
    edited February 2011
    so a total cost for a total expansion what is?

20 the base
    20 the castle Lv2 (Is it the max?)
    10 for each (How many are in total?) structure Lv2 (Is it the max?)

20+20+(10*??)=???

20+20 + (10*6) + (7*6) = 142gold per day

Theres a lvl 3 castle but that information isn't available atm. Also Residence building reduces maintenance fee by 5% at lvl 1, 10% at lvl 2.

Lets be honest though your guild would have had to be crazily active to build all that.
    6300 construction points for all that. 100 construction cap per day, though there is a building that raises the cap.
    Also add the questing to get the points to build all that.
    There is also a flat fee to build each building. Which is 10x the daily maintenance of that building. Another building reduces that fee lol.

All adds upto alot of activity. So yes only the really active biggest guilds will be able to have it all.
    But that doesn't rule out smaller guilds having smaller guildbases.
  • bryanfury83
    edited February 2011
    20+20 + (10*6) + (7*6) = 142gold per day

Theres a lvl 3 castle but that information isn't available atm. Also Residence building reduces maintenance fee by 5% at lvl 1, 10% at lvl 2.

Lets be honest though your guild would have had to be crazily active to build all that.
    6300 construction points for all that. 100 construction cap per day, though there is a building that raises the cap.
    Also add the questing to get the points to build all that.
    There is also a flat fee to build each building. Which is 10x the daily maintenance of that building. Another building reduces that fee lol.

All adds upto alot of activity. So yes only the really active biggest guilds will be able to have it all.
    But that doesn't rule out smaller guilds having smaller guildbases.

what is the 7*6?

Residence fee? So that mean that if you builds up (what is the max?) 10 residence fee at level 2 you will get 100% reduction?

i didn't took that part
  • keef1988
    edited February 2011
    what is the 7*6?

Residence fee? So that mean that if you builds up (what is the max?) 10 residence fee at level 2 you will get 100% reduction?

i didn't took that part

The 7*6 are the buildings that cost 6gold maintenance.
    You may only build one of each type of building.
  • bryanfury83
    edited February 2011
    The 7*6 are the buildings that cost 6gold maintenance.
    You may only build one of each type of building.
    And what about the levels? buildings does have only 2 levels (excluding the castle that as you say does have a 3rd level)? And about the residences?
This discussion has been closed.