[Poll] Will you play on a PvP or PvE server?

Comments

• ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    So, you obviously dont realise realms will be adjusted to what the players want in a pvp server. . there wont be ten you know right?

pretty sure i mentioned a post release reduction.
    Only carebears are complaining about ganking atm you realise that, right?

i havent complained about ganking, just sayin its the only thing ya cant do on pve.
    CSers will rule. . . are you under some strange delusion there wont be a cashop in pve servers? When your carebear self goes to flag for pvp, those CSers are still gunna **** you ijs.

your deluded if you dont think it will have a bigger server impact on the pvp server, it wont dominate / destroy as much on the pve server.
  • namestakenffs
    namestakenffs Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ylanday69 wrote: »
    your deluded if you dont think it will have a bigger server impact on the pvp server, it wont dominate / destroy as much on the pve server.

Look at PW and people complaining about being unable to get parties because they don't have 4-5 APS.

Sure the effect is larger on pvp server, but both are still affected.
  • genjyosanzo
    genjyosanzo Posts: 27
    edited February 2011
    MMO Gamer since 99'. PvP servers survive longer than PvE.

@katozuma
    I like how you keep sticking up for both sides when its conveniently after someone talking about PvP being better. You're obviously trying to indirectly promote the PvE server. You kind of remind me of the woman trying to say your as equal as the man.

Most of the influential players joining this game are PvPers. Without them this game will be nothing. None of that viceversa nonsense.

You people say - "oh there will be pvp on pve servers still." Oh really? how often? you have to search all day for a " quick match"? Dont kid yourself. PvP on PvE servers will be so little. The difference is HUGE.

Some of you people obviously havent been around for Open World Free PK politics. You obviously havent been around for wars, Hunting, KOS, actually playing, being alert, and watching your back as well as others. You obviously havent noticed that PvP will promote stronger ingame friends and help you differentiate between who will stay by your side or ditch you. You obviously only know how to mindlessly click 95%+ of the game.

@people saying Cashshoppers rule
    Well PWI, a lot cashshoppers got their a$$es handed to them by me as well as many other noncashoppers. I never spent a dime and still made enough money to buy heiros, pots, and gears/craft.

You guys just keep crying and crying about PvP. stfu already.

@ylanday69
    Wasting time on a fail server? You must be talking about PvE servers right? Because everyone who really knows about MMOs knows they die faster than anything due to it being boring as hell. So quit crying about things you have little to no experience in. Nobody cares about you and your carebear crying issues over PvP.
  • hidden30
    hidden30 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Can this just get locked already, now some people are taking things too far. This was just suppose to be a poll, not some insult fest. -.-
    "Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • ylanday69
    edited February 2011
    You must be talking about PvE servers right? Because everyone who really knows about MMOs knows they die faster than anything due to it being boring as hell.

how many pve servers are open at launch, how many pvp servers are open at launch? i know the answer, id just like to hear it from you...

So quit crying about things you have little to no experience in. Nobody cares about you and your carebear crying issues over PvP.

why would you assume im crying?

why would you assume i have little to no experience?

you mustnt be very experienced to make such assumptions.
  • extremejosh88
    extremejosh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I would tone down the insults guys before a mod steps in...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Recruitingthread: fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87981
    Guild Site: fworganizationxiii.guildlaunch.com

A scattered dream
    that's like a far-off memory.
    A far-off memory
    that's like a scattered dream.
  • altair519
    altair519 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    +1 PvP server. Hopefully it's not dead :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @katozuma
    I like how you keep sticking up for both sides when its conveniently after someone talking about PvP being better. You're obviously trying to indirectly promote the PvE server. You kind of remind me of the woman trying to say your as equal as the man.

Most of the influential players joining this game are PvPers. Without them this game will be nothing. None of that viceversa nonsense.

You people say - "oh there will be pvp on pve servers still." Oh really? how often? you have to search all day for a " quick match"? Dont kid yourself. PvP on PvE servers will be so little. The difference is HUGE.

Some of you people obviously havent been around for Open World Free PK politics. You obviously havent been around for wars, Hunting, KOS, actually playing, being alert, and watching your back as well as others. You obviously havent noticed that PvP will promote stronger ingame friends and help you differentiate between who will stay by your side or ditch you. You obviously only know how to mindlessly click 95%+ of the game.

"You're obviously trying to indirectly promote the PvE server." only bc PvP(so far,some not all) will come up some of the fictitious insults for ppl who pve orientated, The worst I heard pve side calling pvp'er random gankers, like to attack lowbies and etc. I defend PvP'ers a few times if I recall, lately no PvE'er have really come up with anything worth me defending the PvP(excluding the population post some1 posted).

Obviously I thought this was a Poll not some show who side is better/stronger

You obviously havent been around for wars, Hunting, KOS, actually playing, being alert, and watching your back as well as others.

I'm MMOFPS/FPS orientated , so I know what this means, when I come to play an RPG/MMORPG for once I would like to be in control and PvE gives me this feeling.

Can't be proven either way or vice-versa(XD), unless PWE give actual statics, which I know they won'tm unless some popular gaming ask it.
    You obviously havent noticed that PvP will promote stronger ingame friends and help you differentiate between who will stay by your side or ditch you. You obviously only know how to mindlessly click 95%+ of the game.

oh **** PvP servers got different method of play, man I got to join now

" like how you keep sticking up for both sides when its conveniently after someone talking about PvP being better."

I like to stand on a neutral stand, and believe theres two sides to every story. Plus how can I argue with a PvE'er who just say "going pve" or "pve is better" thats not enough to even argue with, the most I can respond is "how so" "please tell me why pve is better" "please give an valid explanation to your claim". Only reason I respond to you PvP'er is because you guys/girls like to go into detail why your side is better, It give something I can comeback and argue with. If go back a few pages you won't even see me responding to ppl who just say "pvp is better"/"going to pvp"/or any other one sentence statement. I'm just doing it for the post count, heard PWE gives you a prize for getting 600 post count XD.

My goal is to get both side to understand each other without all the insults,name-calling and etc; and not pushing PvE beliefs on PvP'er or vice-versa, even though it doesn't seem like that way.
  • rjperson
    rjperson Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I will be playing on a PvE server....I mean don't get me wrong...I love pvp and all but this servers gonna be closer and I love to focus on PvE aspects of games......Sure am gonna miss guildies though.......:(
  • genjyosanzo
    edited February 2011
    Yea I had to step in because these same people keep talking the same nonsense sticking up for PvE. 1 indirectly sticks up for it. But they just wont stfu.
    katozuma doesnt even know what hes talking about.
    Example- he quotes me on page 9 with my first post on this thread and goes on as if I stated something different. I never mentioned being on top in PvP.
    katozuma wrote: »
    PvP is where its always at.

To you PvE people-
    please tell me what so good about being the top player on pvp
    "Oh I went through countless battles with actual people and not monsters"
    Example- He starts babbling about irrelevant nonsense:
    The only PvP way would die if realm jumping becomes a huge problem that PWE leave un-fix. or if PWE just decide to kill all the PvP, which would result in lose of players=loss in $$$, which I highly doubt they would do.
    Personally even though I don't really care for PvP(in MMORPG's) I do hope they come up with something, just in case I might want to try it out, I'm always open to trying new things.

Imagine playing cod, your shooting at some1 one sec and another sec they disappear before you can kill them, and then they come back soon as you got your back turn and kill you. It wouldn't be a problem if it happen one or two times but if its constantly happen it become a huge problem and annoyance if the developers didn't prevent a way from this happening. (do note this isn't really possible in cod console wise, pc im not sure about.)

Seriously wtf is he talking about and why?

I had to reread so many other of his posts over and over because he can't even create proper sentences. Hes full of contradictions. Just look at his profile page. It states:"doubt i will be installing any of pwe games any time soon."
    If hes not installing the freakin game, then wtf he even talking on here? To cry is all I can see.

If you guys want to blame someone for killing this thread, blame the people who wont stfu about PvE. They can put their 2 cents in real quick but they just don't want to quit. So if they want to keep crying page after page, i'll be happy to put a reality check into their eyes to quit making those tears run all over these pages.

Funny how I throw the words crying, carebear, stfu, and fail server around and it becomes too harsh for some people. LOL. Even though everyones already thrown those words around.

You obviously havent been around for wars, Hunting, KOS, actually playing, being alert, and watching your back as well as others.

I'm MMOFPS/FPS orientated , so I know what this means
    You just further prove my point that you don't know what it means and don't know what you're talking about. You can't Hunt and KOS people in MMOFPS. The only way to war is MMOFPS is organized clan wars. This is a completely different genre which brings completely different things to the table.

Also, I'd Like To Smash You In Any MMOFPS Game Anyday. I'd Like To Fraps It And Stick It Up Online To Laugh At For Years To Come Also.
    InstagibPro Since 99' Get On My Level.
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    rjperson wrote: »
    I will be playing on a PvE server....I mean don't get me wrong...I love pvp and all but this servers gonna be closer and I love to focus on PvE aspects of games......Sure am gonna miss guildies though.......:(

You know theres no official announcement on where pvp/pve servers will be located for OB tho right o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • zendashi
    zendashi Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    For pve because it's my personal playstyle preference but looking at this from a neutral perspective the calling people carebear **** is lame, immature and way beyond getting old. Same with assuming everyone playing you disagree with is a kid or has no life.

Assuming every person that likes pvp is automatically a jerk is just as bad. A few people go out of their way to rpk anything moving or target lower levels sure but not all pvper's are that way.

Play whichever server you want to play who gives a **** what others think. Unless your just trying to boost your post count there's no point arguing this been done to death in the forums already and neither side will ever agree.

I know nothing I say here will make any difference and quickly be forgotten or rewritten elsewhere but hey another post for me yippee!
  • namestakenffs
    namestakenffs Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The only way to war is MMOFPS is organized clan wars.

Massively Multiplayer is defined by having a (most likely) persistent world where there can be at least 100 people in the same zone/screen whatever. Technically the persistant world isn't relevant so long as hundreds of people can be in the same zone or viewing area...

If the game you are referencing doesn't meet the standard, don't call it an MMO, because it's not, and never will be, no matter how many times it's used as a buzzword to describe the game.
  • extremejosh88
    edited February 2011
    Seriously ppl? there was no right or wrong answer to this poll its all a matter of opinion some people like pvp some ppl like pve doesnt make either one right or wrong personally i like pvp doesnt make it a fact that its better though just my opinion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A scattered dream
    A far-off memory
  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Seriously ppl? there was no right or wrong answer

Like your definition of "right" lies on behaving as a mindless goon In a game. And It's how one feels playing In a PvE server.

Is there a way to enjoy a game properly by only mashing your head on the keyboard to kill non-controlled ingame characters with predefined moves? Where Is said "MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE" In that?

Before someone throws a "BAWWWW GANKING IS BADD I FEEL BADD qq" excuse: It's. A. Effin. Game. Deal with It.

If that bothers you so much, go play The Sims or any **** where you can get yourself laid with some hawt pixels with e-tewts.

And If you really want to have fun, try this out. At least once: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oN6ZKSU9Sw
    [Add smth cool here]
  • genjyosanzo
    edited February 2011
    Massively Multiplayer is defined by having a (most likely) persistent world where there can be at least 100 people in the same zone/screen whatever. Technically the persistant world isn't relevant so long as hundreds of people can be in the same zone or viewing area...

If the game you are referencing doesn't meet the standard, don't call it an MMO, because it's not, and never will be, no matter how many times it's used as a buzzword to describe the game.
    You dont know what you're talking about either dude.

Let me guess.. Hmm. You wiki'd it and reworded it and didn't fully understand what it means?

Wiki: "A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously. By necessity, they are played on the Internet, and feature at least one persistent world."

You're dumb because it doesn't say anything about them being on the same screen. Doesn't have to be on the same screen or even the same server. Its the overall game that has to be able to support that many.

If the case was to have to support 100s at once on the screen then I guess you will have to convince every major game website/gaming store/company that they're doing their job wrong by classifying their games wrong And that MMOFPS and all other types of MMOs don't exist.

You trying to start with me? Rollin yourself.
  • mickeymetal
    mickeymetal Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i'm gonna play in pve :D:)
  • ylanday69
    edited February 2011
    You know theres no official announcement on where pvp/pve servers will be located for OB tho right o.o

the pve server has been announced as being on the west coast, id link it but cbf, whats everyones favourite quote around here? read the news or something? pretty sure the pvp server will stay where it is, dont see why they'd up n move their whole hq's...
  • katozuma
    edited February 2011
    Yea I had to step in because these same people keep talking the same nonsense sticking up for PvE. 1 indirectly sticks up for it. But they just wont stfu.
    katozuma doesnt even know what hes talking about.
    Example- he quotes me on page 9 with my first post on this thread and goes on as if I stated something different. I never mentioned being on top in PvP.

Example- He starts babbling about irrelevant nonsense:

Seriously wtf is he talking about and why?

I had to reread so many other of his posts over and over because he can't even create proper sentences. Hes full of contradictions. Just look at his profile page. It states:"doubt i will be installing any of pwe games any time soon."
    If hes not installing the freakin game, then wtf he even talking on here? To cry is all I can see.

If you guys want to blame someone for killing this thread, blame the people who wont stfu about PvE. They can put their 2 cents in real quick but they just don't want to quit. So if they want to keep crying page after page, i'll be happy to put a reality check into their eyes to quit making those tears run all over these pages.

Funny how I throw the words crying, carebear, stfu, and fail server around and it becomes too harsh for some people. LOL. Even though everyones already thrown those words around.

You just further prove my point that you don't know what it means and don't know what you're talking about. You can't Hunt and KOS people in MMOFPS. The only way to war is MMOFPS is organized clan wars. This is a completely different genre which brings completely different things to the table.

Also, I'd Like To Smash You In Any MMOFPS Game Anyday. I'd Like To Fraps It And Stick It Up Online To Laugh At For Years To Come Also.

@ the page nine quote,facepalm wth was thinking, all i was saying no1 really cares and that there was no benefits to being top on either server and not just pvp.

@ babbling nonsense part, I was indicating there really wouldn't be a problem with the pvp server/ nothing will cause it to die. This was a response to the pve person who said it population will in a month or so NOT @ Genjyosanzo

@

That week my laptop went haywire/**** the **** up so I had to wipe it complete(not format) which also wipe FW and PWI, I didn't have any backup copies of FW and at the time I was too busy to dl or even play any of PWE games, currently I'm in college. Sorry for the grammatical errors I tend think faster than I type.

I believe everyone has the right to speak, but is the insults really necessary to get your point?

So you assume I never once been in a clanwar in any MMOFPS. I know what it means to watch your teammate's back,being alert and keeping formation(organization). Also know how it feels to be the idiot that cause your clan to lose the match/war XD lol

I would love too, when I actually get time,currently college is way more important than my pride,college decides my future. My pride decide e-rep(which = ****), yes I'm a real internet gangster XD. You can respond to this however you like.

You won't see me responding to anymore PVE or PvP claims, seeing as this was a poll in the first place. Even I seem to have forgotten this.
  • ylanday69
    edited February 2011
    why do the pvp'ers keep blaming us for not shutting up and insulting us? just started re reading this thread and it started out with ppl simply posting their preference as the poll intended. it was a pvper that started the pve **** talking, sure i had an answer to it. infact everything ive said was an answer to a pvper trashin pve so why shouldnt the pvper stfu and quit crying?
  • roseddesor
    roseddesor Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    If it's anything like Perfect World is, PvE offers everything PvP offers without the grief. Why submit to grief if you can still do Territory Wars and PvP just the same by requesting it, or simply put yourself in the PvP mode. PvP doesn't offer anything other then no choice of whether you want to be grieved or not.
    To any person with deductive reasoning skills PvE server > PvP server in Perfect World.
  • ylanday69
    edited February 2011
    roseddesor wrote: »
    If it's anything like Perfect World is, PvE offers everything PvP offers without the grief. Why submit to grief if you can still do Territory Wars and PvP just the same by requesting it, or simply put yourself in the PvP mode. PvP doesn't offer anything other then no choice of whether you want to be grieved or not.
    To any person with deductive reasoning skills PvE server > PvP server in Perfect World.

exactly what ive been trying to tell ppl

i love pvp, and thats why i'll be on the pve server
  • extremejosh88
    edited February 2011
    roseddesor wrote: »

my reason for choosing pvp is this.... i really enjoy rp hell it is called mmoRPg right? well kinda hard to rp an get into char when u choose whether or not someone can atk just my personal prefrence
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A scattered dream
    A far-off memory
  • katozuma
    edited February 2011
    why do the pvp'ers keep blaming us for not shutting up and insulting us? just started re reading this thread and it started out with ppl simply posting their preference as the poll intended.

kind of wrong, some PvP could of seen this as a insult
    Well where are those PVPers always crying that this is a PVP game, so far everyone posting want to play the game to enjoy it. I am PVE FTW. Like I said somewhere, there is going to be just a handful of PVPers PKing each other until they die of boredom.

its on the first page

or this
    Well i think PvE is the best way to have fun with the game and also if you like to PK u can....i guess, because u can get flagged at anytime for a certain time. So you can have some fun i game and feel a little powerful by killing people who agree to be killed or kill.

on the second page.....so you can kind of say we PvE'er (as a whole not individually) started this

Not trying to defend some of harsh insult(to some not all btw) PvP'ers have said, but you can't expect to just insult one side without retaliation.
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=88021&page=6
    straw that broke the camel's back ; the back&forward insults commence.....maybe
    Personally I would like to go back to the poll, with ppl simply stating which server they want to be on without the pics or insults coming from either side (its probably not going to go back anytime soon)
  • genjyosanzo
    edited February 2011
    I'm just doing it for the post count, heard PWE gives you a prize for getting 600 post count XD.
    everything you say just goes right out the window bro.
    you already got 607 posts. why keep talkin?
    and why back down from a match? you talking about college and no time but you have enough time to post 607 useless messages with invalid argue points.
    w/e though. anything you say=idc now since all your points continue to make little sense and you just want to rant.
    why do the pvp'ers keep blaming us for not shutting up and insulting us? just started re reading this thread and it started out with ppl simply posting their preference as the poll intended. it was a pvper that started the pve **** talking, sure i had an answer to it. infact everything ive said was an answer to a pvper trashin pve so why shouldnt the pvper stfu and quit crying?
    who cares who insulted who first? idiot doesnt read. you keep cryin. why you keep cryin page after page bro? oh no PvE is better over and over. keep cryin.

@roseddesor
    no they are not alike. read my previous posts and find out the difference. if not, ill be glad to pull out screenshots from 2008 and show you real quick what will not happen in PvE.
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Ok, PvE'ers leave PvP'ers alone and vice-versa

You will NEVER convince the other side to to join your server and you won't have to see each other in-game anyway, just shut up already.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • katozuma
    edited February 2011
    everything you say just goes right out the window bro.
    you already got 607 posts. why keep talkin?
    and why back down from a match? you talking about college and no time but you have enough time to post 607 useless messages with invalid argue points.
    w/e though. anything you say=idc now since all your points continue to make little sense and you just want to rant.

I post that comment back when I had 598 post, plus it was joke, most of my post(98%) came in first semester when I was taking things easy , procrastinating alot and forum warrioring it. End up getting kick in the butt when I seen the final results. Anything you say=idc now since all your points continue to make little sense and you just want to rant.

Now we are on the same page, at least we can agree to disagree XD
    offtopic not related to pvp/pve, just realize something I thought heard that name from somewhere, Saiyuki, been a year since I stop reading the manga or watching the anime....moving on
    Hey Doctoryak could you put a list on your first post with the results.
  • genjyosanzo
    edited February 2011
    @katozuma

this is you right here
  • extremejosh88
    edited February 2011
    @katozuma

this is you right here
    ...:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A scattered dream
    A far-off memory
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @katozuma

this is you right here

*Snaps link in half*

Do NOT click that link, my Norton picked up two viruses from it called "Joker".
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
This discussion has been closed.