[Poll] Will you play on a PvP or PvE server?

Comments

• ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    well not everyone is west coast and i agree with pvp servers are doomed only because alot of ppl dont like that style me personaly i love it i like always having to watch my back i like the feeling of how open and free it is that if u mess with the wrong ppl you could possibly **** yourself over very quickly through the whole game its a good feeling because the no rules thing goes both ways buddy

you can watch your back all you like, wont be anyone there after 2 months
  • extremejosh88
    extremejosh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ylanday69 wrote: »

i kinda doubt that because if i feel this way im sure many many others do as well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Recruitingthread: fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87981
    Guild Site: fworganizationxiii.guildlaunch.com

A scattered dream
    that's like a far-off memory.
    A far-off memory
    that's like a scattered dream.
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited February 2011

lol. What makes you think the pvp servers are gunna die? Seriously i dont understand what motivates you carebears to play a game to max lvl only to sit around and do the same exact dungeon again and again.

Also, how can a pve server have better pvp than a pvp server. You must be lacking some brain cells ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • extremejosh88
    edited February 2011
    lol. What makes you think the pvp servers are gunna die? Seriously i dont understand what motivates you carebears to play a game to max lvl only to sit around and do the same exact dungeon again and again.

Also, how can a pve server have better pvp than a pvp server. You must be lacking some brain cells ijs.

lol totally agree :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A scattered dream
    A far-off memory
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Carebears, guessing that anyone who prefer pve over pvp lol :D regardless of the type of server you will find yourself doing the same thing. PvP server is no different last time I check sure don't constantly fight the same ppl but the combat isn't ever changing just person, just bc the person change it doesn't make the goal any different.

Wow last time I check you guys be doing that same exact dungeons again and again on a pvp server too especially if you want level,gear and etc, just more chances of combat against actual players....nothing really to boast about or look down on PvE.

Object of the game is for entertainment/fun/pure enjoyment not for bragging rights or boasting, this goes for not only pvp but also pve.

I don't think PvP will die if its being highly demanded enough that PWE recognize it need to be implement then it must mean something. Hosting a server cost money if only 1000 wanted pvp Im pretty sure PWE would just look the other seeing as 1000 ppl couldn't even cover the cost of hosting a pvp server. The only PvP way would die if realm jumping becomes a huge problem that PWE leave un-fix. or if PWE just decide to kill all the PvP, which would result in lose of players=loss in $$$, which I highly doubt they would do.
    Personally even though I don't really care for PvP(in MMORPG's) I do hope they come up with something, just in case I might want to try it out, I'm always open to trying new things.

Imagine playing cod, your shooting at some1 one sec and another sec they disappear before you can kill them, and then they come back soon as you got your back turn and kill you. It wouldn't be a problem if it happen one or two times but if its constantly happen it become a huge problem and annoyance if the developers didn't prevent a way from this happening. (do note this isn't really possible in cod console wise, pc im not sure about.)
  • extremejosh88
    edited February 2011
    I forgot about channel hoping... god i really hope it doesn't become a problem in this game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A scattered dream
    A far-off memory
  • nantoo
    nantoo Posts: 3
    edited February 2011
    ppl on pve server are so busy with leveling, that they don't care what is going around unless they need party.

In my opinion pvp server have more nice ppl than pve, but i m woried that most will choose wr or sin at pvp...

I also don't want to play in emty server and that arena thing is nice oppotunity to pvp in pve server.
    Hard choice :confused:
  • edi
    edi Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Once upon a time there was one game that had 1 pvp server and 2 pve servers. Game had pvp arena for ppl from all servers and server vs server battles. So what happened? PvP server was constantly overloaded with ppl. One PvE server was desert but the other one had good player base, not like PvP server but still good. At the end, devs decided to merge 2 PvE servers into 1 cuz of lack of ppl. It is still rolling like that.
  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Allow me to sum my thoughts, based on my 14 year experience playing MMORPG's:

PvP: For people who doesn't care If a dude with uber gear and max level came up and killed him In one shot: It's all about moving on and taking It as a GAME. Their ultimate goal was the first and the last: To enjoy the game.

PvE: Aka the "serious business" side of the whole thing: "Animated monsters/non-controlled characters can't retaliate properly/don't swear at me/troll/etc, so It's all good. :3". And also the ones who focuses on being "The very best", and their "ultimate goal" Is to stay in the middle of town showing off their "uber gear" they took several months to gather/get raiding dungeons nonstop. Also known as the "social carebears", wich focuses on making friends and crying IRL incase If they lose one.

And PvP gets much more player interaction than PvE, wich properly saying, PvP provides much more fun than PvE.

You'll always find a different challenge, a new whole and even a reason to continue playing on PvP. (ITT: Different players = different challenges.)

Those PvE guys needs to learn/endure/forget about caring so much being beaten and face this as a game, If you ask me.

Case closed.
    [Add smth cool here]
  • ylanday69
    edited February 2011
    wow you guys act like ya cant pvp on the pve server...

only thing you cant do is fight ppl who dont want to, whats wrong with that? i dont wanna fight any1 who doesnt want it. i love my pvp fair and consensual.

i like a fair fight, if you disaggree your a pu$$y.

the only exception is for the ppl who like being chased down, pity the pvp server will end up baron.

no the pvp server wont physically die, it will become baron. ive seen it too many times. sure there'll always be a handfull of ppl around, but you wont get chased down out of nowhere in the middle of nowhere.
  • hidden30
    hidden30 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It doesn't matter how experienced you are as a gamer, it's all about preference. Some people like PvP others like PvE. They both have pros and cons to them.
    "Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • traznix
    traznix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    A much simpler solution that will prevent the population split would be to make only 1 server (for each region ofc.) with both PvE (no PK) and PvP (PK) channels / realms. This way you`re sure that no server will die, or be overcrowded. People that like PK with no penality = PvP Realm ... people that don`t like PK = PvE Realm. Simple.

We will have 10 realm in CB4 ... 5 should be for PvE, 5 for PvP.

logohrd.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • atheistscreed
    atheistscreed Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Although my guild is all going PvE, I'll go PvP, not to gank lowbies, but to kill some idiot that I don't like once in a while and also have fun pvping
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    lyzzern.deviantart.com
  • gustavomesquita
    edited February 2011
    wow you guys act like ya cant pvp on the pve server...

It's not possible to gank people on PvE. So no, we can't PvP properly.
    fair fight

That doesn't match with a game, son. Allow me to explain It PvE-wise: Did you ever told to a NPC that you'll have to gank him because he Is a boss and his drops are legendary and you want em so badly?

That's what I thought.
    no the pvp server wont physically die, it will become baron.

Truth Is, a game -DIES- when people like you care way too much about It.

And just a quick /protip: You will not be able to run away from trolls, kiddos, brainless ******* and any other kind of negative aspect of the game In the PvE server. They are everywhere.

If you care that much, kid, seriously: Stop playing online games and stick to offline ones.
    Like The Sims, etc.
    [Add smth cool here]
  • ylanday69
    edited February 2011
    It's not possible to gank people on PvE. So no, we can't PvP properly.

lol, least someone admits it...
    That doesn't match with a game, son. Allow me to explain It PvE-wise: Did you ever told to a NPC that you'll have to gank him because he Is a boss and his drops are legendary and you want em so badly?

this doesnt make any sense, try english...
    Truth Is, a game -DIES- when people like you care way too much about It.

i care too much? im just answerin to all the pvp/gank whingers. pvp happens on a pve server too...
    And just a quick /protip: You will not be able to run away from trolls, kiddos, brainless ******* and any other kind of negative aspect of the game In the PvE server. They are everywhere.

oh u have a pro tip for me? luckily im pro too and already knew this, thx tho...

heres a pro tip for you, once pvp engaged on the pve server you cant run away from that either, least not for an hour...
    If you care that much, kid, seriously: Stop playing online games and stick to offline ones.
    Like The Sims, etc.

once again i dont care that much, its just an answer to previous whinging. im just trying to convince ppl that pvp does exist on the pve server, and i like to think its of a higher quality with the lack of zerg ganking.

and btw, im not a kid and im sure as h3ll not ur son, im probly your elder and i dont appreciate ur derogatory language.
  • lilbaby
    lilbaby Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PVE for me with choice to go to pvp arenas if i wish :) lol
    i'm sure there will be this option in game in f/w on the PVE server :) (lets hope)
  • ylanday69
    edited February 2011
    ur wish is already granted :)

you can do arenas, guild battles and even flag for open pk
  • gustavomesquita
    edited February 2011
    pvp happens on a pve server too...

There's an option to enable or disable PvP, wich imo, Is not PvP.
    Not like everyone Is gonna flag PvP on a PvE server, yes?

tl;dr
    im not a

Rejected.
    lilbaby wrote:
    PVE for me with choice to go to pvp arenas

Scared much?
    [Add smth cool here]
  • mstgcs
    mstgcs Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PvP for me, I mean what's the point of playing the game if there's no excitement..it's pointless.

Edit: and btw the multiple realms will ruin the game, 10 is way too much...maybe cut it in half.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mezgi
    mezgi Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PvP here too , still i have few concerns about realms and stuff + not sure if there will be enough people in EU server , so might have to switch for PvE ( hope that won't happen ). Anyway long time ago i would have chosen PvE because mh i kinda had bad first trip in PvP one , you know what i'm talking and as i can see some people are afraid of it. Well my advice is simple - find friendly and active guild. Of course you will be ganked sometimes , you might have to abandon your questing to help your guildies with some random "useless" fights with other guilds , but in the end , it just makes game more colorful and when you quit you will remember those things when you'll talk with your guildies/friends later. Not we have done EC 1241241 times and gathered 28 lavenders. Well at least that happened to me and not 1 time. Well that's just my opinion and i don't have anything against those who will chose PvE , but if you never tried or tried once and got PK'ed by high lvl and quit , well.. choose PvE i guess :)
  • katozuma
    edited February 2011
    Allow me to sum my thoughts, based on my 14 year experience playing MMORPG's:

PvP: For people who doesn't care If a dude with uber gear and max level came up and killed him In one shot: It's all about moving on and taking It as a GAME. Their ultimate goal was the first and the last: To enjoy the game.

PvE: Aka the "serious business" side of the whole thing: "Animated monsters/non-controlled characters can't retaliate properly/don't swear at me/troll/etc, so It's all good. :3". And also the ones who focuses on being "The very best", and their "ultimate goal" Is to stay in the middle of town showing off their "uber gear" they took several months to gather/get raiding dungeons nonstop. Also known as the "social carebears", wich focuses on making friends and crying IRL incase If they lose one.

And PvP gets much more player interaction than PvE , wich properly saying, PvP provides much more fun than PvE.

You'll always find a different challenge, a new whole and even a reason to continue playing on PvP. (ITT: Different players = different challenges.)

Those PvE guys needs to learn/endure/forget about caring so much being beaten and face this as a game, If you ask me.

Case closed.

Wow really. It can be proven PvP is more fun than PvE or vice-versa, this will be always be a opinion not an actual fact.

regardless if the player is different it doesn't change the overall objective. Unless you in a ever-changing game environment(which isn't offer on either pvp/pve) the objective is the same.

More player interaction=/=fun, maybe for you but everyone else, everyone have their own way of having fun
    PvE: Aka the "serious business" side of the whole thing: "Animated monsters/non-controlled characters can't retaliate properly/don't swear at me/troll/etc, so It's all good. :3". And also the ones who focuses on being "The very best", and their "ultimate goal" Is to stay in the middle of town showing off their "uber gear" they took several months to gather/get raiding dungeons nonstop. Also known as the "I like name calling ", wich focuses on making friends and crying IRL incase If they lose one.

A bad misconception, and completely bs. Been on a Pve, never once cared about showing off my gear, like really its just data on a server wth is there to boast about. Only friends I made was ppl I was in a guild with or ppl i duel against. Now that i recall I don't really remember anyone showing off their bc they did ppl really wouldn't care would just move.

The overall goal regardless of which server you choose is to have fun

I'm pretty sure PvE ultimate goal is To enjoy the game, bc if it wasn't then why would ppl play it in the first place?

let me see
    -you learn on a pve server
    -you endure, especially if you decide to stay in the game and keep leveling
    -and "you forget about caring so much being beaten" because if this didn't exist, tw would be at a standstill and the option of pvp obsolete

I wish each side would actually understand each other. and not go to name calling, boasting, looking down on one side, when they believe their side is stronger/better
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This isn't a flame or anything just an honest friendly question and opinion, but how do you have fun on a PvE server if not farming to improve your gears to show off? Wouldn't you rather play a normal RPG with your friends online?

EDIT: Sorry I was talking about those people that play on PvE server without wanting any sort of PvP whatsoever. If you flag for PvP once in a while, and go to wars and tournaments, then I understand where the fun might come from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ylanday69
    edited February 2011
    yeah i'll have fun pvping on the pve server, among other things.

@gusta: your last quotes wernt even worth responding to. like we have both stated only thing you cant do is gank unwilling competitors, obviously wouldnt have been a fair fight anyway. be surprised how many ppl will flag n attack once they actually see you flagged. it also creates alot of fun tactics, i remember in wow using an engineering target dummy to get noobs flagged, or the duel trick, and training huge waves of mobs onto them... was funny as hell. so dont get me wrong, im not a pve carebare and other than a short stint on a wow pve server i have always rolled pvp. the non movement combat + orb collecting bs along with pve being west coast is the only reason im rolling pve.
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Ylan, we get it, you have some srange delusions that PvE server has all the real PvP on it, just shut up already.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • ylanday69
    edited February 2011
    the pve server has pvp
    the pvp server is gunna have population problems
    not exactly a strange delusion...
  • katozuma
    edited February 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    This isn't a flame or anything just an honest friendly question and opinion, but how do you have fun on a PvE server if not farming to improve your gears to show off? Wouldn't you rather play a normal RPG with your friends online?

EDIT: Sorry I was talking about those people that play on PvE server without wanting any sort of PvP whatsoever. If you flag for PvP once in a while, and go to wars and tournaments, then I understand where the fun might come from.

I get where your coming from, fighting mobs all the time would get boring and where would challenge come from? It would be like play COD campaign mode all the time never once trying the online multiplayer
    but how do you have fun on a PvE server if not farming to improve your gears to show off? Wouldn't you rather play a normal RPG with your friends online?
    I'm confuse @[email protected] are you stating pve'er or pvp'ers have fun by farming to show off gear?
    second sentence completely got me lost, sorry : (

I could understand where some of the PvP'ers are coming from (about PvE'er being carebears or scared/never liking an actual challenge,) if PvE server had no TW,Pking,or dueling what so ever but it don't.
    the pve server has pvp
    the pvp server is gunna have population problems
    not exactly a strange delusion...

why would it have population problems,I constantly see this being posted but with no actual info on why it would happen, the only possible I see so far is realm/layer hoping. Also I doubt PvP will die, PWE wouldn't invest in it if it was worth it.
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PvP is gonna have a population problem? So tell me, what's it like being able to make a time machine?
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • katozuma
    edited February 2011
    PvP is gonna have a population problem? So tell me, what's it like being able to make a time machine?

Apple done it
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/what-is-macosx/time-machine.html

So im pretty sure it feels good to them when it was added to mac os X
    A much simpler solution that will prevent the population split would be to make only 1 server (for each region ofc.) with both PvE (no PK) and PvP (PK) channels / realms. This way you`re sure that no server will die, or be overcrowded. People that like PK with no penality = PvP Realm ... people that don`t like PK = PvE Realm. Simple.

We will have 10 realm in CB4 ... 5 should be for PvE, 5 for PvP.

So the option of PK will be taken from PvE? you do realize pk exist on a pve server. I have a better solution, PWE get a bigger server, sure it will cost more but they will get it back once the game is fully release. I could see if PWE was losing money left and right but it isn't.
  • ylanday69
    edited February 2011

why pretend that you dont know what im talking about?

too many servers / realms (even after a post release reduction)
    unbalanced pvp where a certain class rules all
    half the pop leaves from being ganked by too many high level players
    cs pkers will rule/ruin whats left, which wont be much

Id love to play on the pvp server, just dont wanna waste my efforts on a fail server.
    katozuma wrote: »
    I constantly see this being posted.
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    why pretend that you dont know what im talking about?

too many servers / realms (even after a post release reduction)
    unbalanced pvp where a certain class rules all
    half the pop leaves from being ganked by too many high level players
    cs pkers will rule/ruin whats left, which wont be much

Id love to play on the pvp server, just dont wanna waste my efforts on a fail server.

So, you obviously dont realise realms will be adjusted to what the players want in a pvp server. . there wont be ten you know right?

Unbalanced? No. Any class can kill another as long as the player know how to play their class and has a basic knowledge on how the opposing class works.

Only carebears are complaining about ganking atm you realise that, right? A pvp fan will take it as entertainment and something to smile about. Ganking starts pvp wars=fun.

CSers will rule. . . are you under some strange delusion there wont be a cashop in pve servers? When your carebear self goes to flag for pvp, those CSers are still gunna **** you ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
This discussion has been closed.