[Poll] Will you play on a PvP or PvE server?

Comments

• drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Opinions and just having fun on an MMO? BLASPHEMY!
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • hungrynidhoggr
    hungrynidhoggr Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Haha... I would SUCK in a leadership position. =p I just prefer being a simple player, so I don't have to make any difficult decisions for the masses. Leave the leadership to the people that're experienced. <<;

Reading that other topic... Both sides have their ugly faces, i'll admit that much. Just as much, both sides should have their composed and rational people that can accept there are two different sides, and that jabbing at one another's not gonna do much but start a little flame war. Drako, I know you posted that topic as a means of showing that the PvE side's not as innocent as I made 'em out to be before, so thank you for that.

Still, I like to think there are some people here who won't snap at flame bait left by other people, and just ignore them to try and have a normal topic.
    Opinions and just having fun on an MMO? BLASPHEMY!

Sorry if I offended people with that comment, I made it just reading everything in this topic, not what was elsewhere on the forums.
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Having more channels is a benefit for the server as a whole, and since there is gonna be server vs server wars (from what I read) it won't really be fair when PvE servers war the PvP ones, as they will have higher progress.

As much as I like PvP if you make tons of channels for PvE servers while PvP ones will have low number, I may consider going to a PvE server since there are ways to **** those off the "PvE way" in events too, like mob stealing/resetting. And if they'll wanna fight they are free to flag for PvP.
    So yeah listen to these QQs more and make a very low number of channels and you may make the PvP server even more barren even though I like PvP. I agree 10 is a bit too much but 2 channels is too low look at how crowded CB is with 1 channel and only a small portion of people are playing in it. I'd say around 4-5 channels.

Now who is the one trolling PVErs or PVPers? Guy like this one are the reason of why PVPers get a bad name. Players like these should be banned from this game.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • electricwater
    electricwater Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PVE.... LOL hahahha LOL
    i'll go PvP... why? lolol cause it's PvP and period :p
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Some of you make it rather difficult to resist the urge to troll. Keep those flames down nubs. :)

But I'll be choosing a PvE server as well and flag myself for PvP once in awhile if it allows. Besides there will be a PvP arena/battlefield thing anyway...

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    deathbunny wrote: »
    Some of you make it rather difficult to resist the urge to troll. Keep those flames down nubs. :)

But I'll be choosing a PvE server as well and flag myself for PvP once in awhile if it allows. Besides there will be a PvP arena/battlefield thing anyway...

LOL You are the best!!! :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • salpic
    salpic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    deathbunny wrote: »

/agree with the little bunny <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Level: 0
    Human: Warrior
    Guild: Heavenly
    Position: Leader
    Link: heavenlyguild.mmoguildsites.com
  • ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    the pve'rs here were not trash talking pvp'rs, just stating their claim to the pve server as the topic suggested, calm down. sounds like the pvp'rs r the trolls here.

i love pvp, my decision was 50/50. main thing that made me choose pve was nonmovement combat coupled with orb collecting. there will be plenty of pvp on the pve server anyway. only thing not available is GANKING, only fair consensual fights.

mob stealing is a moot point, if someone comes along and steals it and you defend being on a pvp server... whos to say he wont kill you too lol.... whos to say you wont kill him but then the mob finishes you?

seriously, the only thing that cant happen on a pve server is ganking... and even then your still likely to find a lowbie flagged.
  • zyaph
    zyaph Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'll be going wherever Phoenix goes.. Which will probably(hopefully..) PvP :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Race: Elf
    Class: Bard
    Guild: Phoenix

[Check out the "Phoenix" guild thread]
  • hidden30
    hidden30 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'm definitely going to the PvE server. I wouldn't mind having duels once in a while, but I generally prefer to just pace myself and do quests without any unnecessary distractions.
    "Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • galvayra
    galvayra Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Care to explain how getting killed by a monster is any more meaningful a death than a real person?

Im sorry it is difficult to understand until you have seen what i have seen or done what i have done in a gameworld, im am simply choosing the lesser of two evils

A very long time ago i used to play an online game(not a MMO) wich will not be named, we had pvp there you know what was diferent? when you killed a character there it was dead, forever, there was no complaning , no trash talking, no insulting, there were consequences to your actions and people enjoyed that.

To compare the two would be like saying i was the richest man in the world for a while and i drank the most exquisite wines, then suddenly i was poor and im forced to choose between cheap wine out of a box or water

So yea im drinking the water until i can find the same quality wine again.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • xreinhart
    xreinhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    katozuma wrote: »
    We? Sorry for my ignorance but who are you talking about?
    RQ
    ylanday69 wrote: »
    main thing that made me choose pve was nonmovement combat coupled with orb collecting. there will be plenty of pvp on the pve server anyway. only thing not available is GANKING, only fair consensual fights
    Your right on the first part. But the reality is there won't be any notable PvP, especially on the PvE server. No matter what server you play on, you'll be spending 90% of your time PvEing. I'd much rather enjoy quality PvE in a single player game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • extremejosh88
    extremejosh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PvP all the way!!! i love to challenge my skills against other players in every aspect of the game plus the pvp server sounds like it will be alot more fun never know when someone might try to pk you hehe that goes both ways though so if anyone hasnt found a guild to join thats going pvp server join my its in my sig :D:p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Recruitingthread: fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87981
    Guild Site: fworganizationxiii.guildlaunch.com

A scattered dream
    that's like a far-off memory.
    A far-off memory
    that's like a scattered dream.
  • eclipsa
    eclipsa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PVE ftw :D
  • shady153
    shady153 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PvP definitely, made the mistake of leveling to 100 on a PvE server on PWI. Never again.
  • redwingpixie
    redwingpixie Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Tho on a pvp doing trade run will suck big time -.- so i dont see how thats fair for pvp player vs pve players.

But hopefully they think of something to protect trade runs i hate those campers!
    D-D-Disconnect-And-Self-Destruct-One-Bullet-At-A-Time
  • batmen
    batmen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PVE
    I really can't stand random pkers.
    I wanna get rid of them.
    :(So lonely ingame
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Probably something that need to be debunk about pvp players
    -not all are ppl that go around randomly killing
    -not all are ppl that pray on weak low levels, beside lowest you can be is 30 and i highly doubt some lvl 60 guy will go kill you especially if you got crapy gear. do know if you like flashing expensive stuff or saying what you have alot more than likely you will be killed regardless how you are.

PWE have rules in place, its not like they throw you on a server just be killed, the choice is up to you, and once you choose it you should stick by it.
  • fenrina
    fenrina Posts: 336
    edited February 2011
    PvP for phase 4. No sense in starting over since there won't be a wipe.

PvE for OB. Getting pked got old and boring after the first time, and I don't pk so...
  • perfectwolve12
    perfectwolve12 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PVE WITH A BARD!!!!! I can't stand tanks and mages! :D
    4810137G020609019007010S3f0fb2
    Server Atlantis

:D use it plz!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • genjyosanzo
    genjyosanzo Posts: 27
    edited February 2011
    PvP is where its always at.

To you PvE people-

• fireflamm
    fireflamm Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Going to PvE most deffinatly

Sick of being PK'ed while trying to do quests and explore.

Worth starting over again
  • blaze2003
    blaze2003 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PvE.. I can't stand the getting kill out of nowhere stuff. I will try pvp after awhile of lvling my character.. Next Wednesday I'll finally be in cbt forsaken world:). SO happy!!:D:D:D I wanna play bard so.
  • katozuma
    edited February 2011
    PvP is where its always at.

To you PvE people-

please tell me what so good about being the top player on pvp
    "Oh I went through countless battles with actual people and not monsters"

truthfully no1 cares if your #1 on a pvp or pve server, it just give some1 the chance of saying you have no life and every other insult to come.

Benefits of being lvl 100+/endgame on a pvp server
    -??? PWE rewards us more than they would a person on PvE server..........WRONG!
    -I can talk down on anyone lower than me, sadly this only works on kids, older ppl would just not care/block you when you become an annoyance.
    Benefits of being 100+/endgame on a pve server
    -what benefits
    -same as the second one on pvp 100+/endgame

There is no benefits being 100+/endgame on either type of server
    PvP: you will work harder getting 100(possibility but not necessarily true)
    PvE: getting to 100/endgame will be much easier(possibility but not necessarily true)

PvP: for ppl who like a constant challenge and want to test their skills more than often against actual players
    PvE: for ppl who like to take things at their own pace and not be bother facing against others more than often, who don't testing skills more than often against A.I.

Neither side can brag about being stronger or better than the other each side have an equal amount of pros and cons

If you like PvE/PvP go for it, don't let either side change your belief or decide for you.
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You misunderstood those on PvP servers have fun from PvPing mostly not being the "top" in gears and such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • katozuma
    edited February 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    You misunderstood those on PvP servers have fun from PvPing mostly not being the "top" in gears and such.

something i previous said
    PvP: for ppl who like a constant challenge and want to test their skills more than often against actual players

Fun is included into that, I was only pointing out there is no "actual" benefit of being endgame on either type of server not just pvp.

also for those who don't understand I was not saying pve server any more fun pvp server or vice-versa
  • edi
    edi Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    katozuma wrote: »
    also for those who don't understand I was not saying pve server any more fun pvp server or vice-versa

well sry, but I rly cant agree with u on this. At least on half of ur statement. PvP server is always more fun then PvE cuz there is always chance u will get ganked. Especially when talking about guilds. On PvE server, 2 guilds that r not in good relations can only "hate" each other. On PvP server its tottaly diff situation. They can pk each other, ruin trade runs, preventing their low lvls from doing qs, boss steal etc etc etc. So we r back to original statement: if u r competitive person u will go PvP server, if u "like it slow" u will go PvE server. Nothing wrong in both.

But maybe PvE ppl likes that more then PvP cuz they take every pk personally and feel like its attack on them as real human beings? We must not forget that this is game. Ppl come and ppl go.
  • dare2try2killme
    dare2try2killme Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Normally I am more attracted to PVP, but the last couple years I have learned that in this time of my life where I need to save money and not waste it on games... it is probably best I stick to PVE since I will not be using the item mall for quite a while. PVP is for if you can afford it. It's like that in all f2p games. Doesn't matter nearly as much in PVE if you don't spend cash, since you don't need to defend yourself if you don't want to. Don't get me wrong, I love the ability to be attacked and have to lay the smack down without warning, but sometimes it's just not worth the price. Hope the PVPers understand that point of view. :)

- Cactus
  • ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i dont care what anybody says, the pvp servers are already doomed, thankfully the pve server has better pvp anyway. and its on the west coast so latency is nicer.
  • extremejosh88
    extremejosh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ylanday69 wrote: »
    i dont care what anybody says, the pvp servers are already doomed, thankfully the pve server has better pvp anyway. and its on the west coast so latency is nicer.

well not everyone is west coast and i agree with pvp servers are doomed only because alot of ppl dont like that style me personaly i love it i like always having to watch my back i like the feeling of how open and free it is that if u mess with the wrong ppl you could possibly **** yourself over very quickly through the whole game its a good feeling because the no rules thing goes both ways buddy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Recruitingthread: fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87981
    Guild Site: fworganizationxiii.guildlaunch.com

A scattered dream
    that's like a far-off memory.
    A far-off memory
    that's like a scattered dream.
This discussion has been closed.