Sugg. for GL, NC etc

npramirez
npramirez Posts: 78 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Suggestion Box
I made this thread so we can all make some suggestions on the "non-gear" instances that FW has implemented. They are new and creative, which I love, but they also need to be perfected. Please provide some feedback.

Suggestion:
This concept applies to both GL and NC. Add a few tidbits to make it more interesting. I know that FW is trying something new with instances, rather than fight trash mobs then boss and repeat, but here's the thing.. Even though "boss" or "gear" instances can get a bit dry and repetitive, like anything you do over and over again, at least you are fighting. Most people are content with sitting back and slashing at stuff while praying for some good drops. However, doing NC and GL over and over again feels like watching grass grow. Don't get me wrong, it is fun sometimes, especially early on, but at times it is staggeringly boring. Throw some random "stuff" in or add some extra incentives to current processes to keep players alert and excited. It doesn't have to be anything creative or anything that players can manipulate. Here are a couple examples:

-the 4th stage of NC, allow the players to receive reward based on the amount of antiques they collect (I'm fairly certain it doesn't already work this way). So maybe, they get 2k xp, 3s, and 2 NC tickets for every 1 antique they collect. It would vary with level.

-the flare gemboxes given as a reward in GL.. Give them a small percentage to award certain things. As of now, if I am not mistaken, they only have a 100% chance to reward a lvl 1 gem. It would be more interesting to implement varying percentages for more valuable rewards. Here's an example: 80% lvl 1 gem, 12% 2x lvl 1 gem, 6% 3x lvl 1 gem, 2% lvl 2 gem. You could even throw in 0.1% lvl 3 gem and stuff like that. It isn't much, but you can bet players will be more excited to open that box.

Concern:
This applies more to GL. I've heard a lot of people talking about leveling 7 characters for 40 and then play their main. This way, they can get 8 gems a day (provided they have a lonely life and a surplus of time that permits this) and blow past the competition. I don't really have any great way to solve this. Any suggestions? I was thinking a couple things:
-limit GL to 2 or 3 runs per account
-change the entry lvl to 50 to discourage mass character lvling
I'm sure many will QQ with this suggestion, but these are the same people who apply to the above statement in parentheses.

----Any input is appreciated. Apologies if this thread is similar to others but it's a good bump on the problem. Thanks!
Post edited by npramirez on

Comments

  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    npramirez wrote: »
    -the flare gemboxes given as a reward in GL.. Give them a small percentage to award certain things. As of now, if I am not mistaken, they only have a 100% chance to reward a lvl 1 gem. It would be more interesting to implement varying percentages for more valuable rewards. Here's an example: 80% lvl 1 gem, 12% 2x lvl 1 gem, 6% 3x lvl 1 gem, 2% lvl 2 gem. You could even throw in 0.1% lvl 3 gem and stuff like that. It isn't much, but you can bet players will be more excited to open that box.
    I agree with NC suggestion, disagree with this. I absolutely hate gambling and rare better rewards for the lucky. So this is a no-go for me.
    npramirez wrote: »
    Concern:
    This applies more to GL. I've heard a lot of people talking about leveling 7 characters for 40 and then play their main. This way, they can get 8 gems a day (provided they have a lonely life and a surplus of time that permits this) and blow past the competition. I don't really have any great way to solve this. Any suggestions? I was thinking a couple things:
    -limit GL to 2 or 3 runs per account
    -change the entry lvl to 50 to discourage mass character lvling
    I'm sure many will QQ with this suggestion, but these are the same people who apply to the above statement in parentheses.

    ----Any input is appreciated. Apologies if this thread is similar to others but it's a good bump on the problem. Thanks!
    I agree with this concern, but I suggest it a different way. Make level 40-50 GL give a level 1 gem, level 50-60 GL give 3 level 1 gems and level 60+ GL a level 2 gem. This way higher level chars will get better rewards making it useless to power level multiple alts to level 40 instead of focusing on leveling the main to 70. Also it will make it a bit easier to acquire high level gems at higher levels, it is a bit too hard when you think how many gems you need for one level 5 atm.

    Problem is there could still be people with multiple level 70+ alts but meh I guess that is very hard to do O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heychowder
    heychowder Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    one question,Please what is GL and NC? for clarification
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Glistening Lowlands 40+ instance and Nightmare Carnival 15+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I agree with the NC suggestion and tyanara's GL suggestion.

    Though I'd lower it to maybe two level 1 gems instead. But for the actual instance itself I'd like to see a bit of a challenge. Just like how we have 'advanced' versions (or maybe that happens in level 60, who knows) for instances. Maybe the boss changes according which colours have the most crystals... would like to see more bosses like Apophis where the party members actually had to pay a bit more attention. :x

    cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

    [ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • npramirez
    npramirez Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    I agree with NC suggestion, disagree with this. I absolutely hate gambling and rare better rewards for the lucky. So this is a no-go for me.

    I agree with this concern, but I suggest it a different way. Make level 40-50 GL give a level 1 gem, level 50-60 GL give 3 level 1 gems and level 60+ GL a level 2 gem. This way higher level chars will get better rewards making it useless to power level multiple alts to level 40 instead of focusing on leveling the main to 70. Also it will make it a bit easier to acquire high level gems at higher levels, it is a bit too hard when you think how many gems you need for one level 5 atm.

    Problem is there could still be people with multiple level 70+ alts but meh I guess that is very hard to do O.o

    I do like your idea with raising the rewards with the level. However, I do happen to enjoy a little gamble, especially when there are no repercussions. You're guaranteed at least 1, so most people will be expecting that. If they happen to get 2, it's just a nice little surprise :)
    deathbunny wrote: »
    I agree with the NC suggestion and tyanara's GL suggestion.

    Though I'd lower it to maybe two level 1 gems instead. But for the actual instance itself I'd like to see a bit of a challenge. Just like how we have 'advanced' versions (or maybe that happens in level 60, who knows) for instances. Maybe the boss changes according which colours have the most crystals... would like to see more bosses like Apophis where the party members actually had to pay a bit more attention. :x

    This is a great idea. It could go along with adding more advanced GLs. Harder bosses that differ with gem types. It doesn't even have to be very complicated. Maybe the more Cyan gems, the easier the boss, and in some order up to red gems which produce a harder boss. This would give an incentive to search for certain gems and avoid other unless the players believe themselves to be superior to any boss and happen to be in a rush to complete the instance. It would also encourage communication between players to combine better gems.
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    npramirez wrote: »
    I do like your idea with raising the rewards with the level. However, I do happen to enjoy a little gamble, especially when there are no repercussions. You're guaranteed at least 1, so most people will be expecting that. If they happen to get 2, it's just a nice little surprise :)
    I still don't like it I guess I just hate anything related to luck usually XD

    There were some things called packs in PWI, 98% of the time they gave 15 tokens which were quite useful, but the other 2% were epic rewards, especially 0.002% a scroll of tome (most expensive item in game). Obviously whoever got SoT was hated by most of the server, that's what luck related things bring >.>

    I know your suggestion is not something like 0.002% but still, if you were to have a person as lucky as those that got SoT, he'd get 2+ gems repeatedly not just once in a while, and yes that is what would bother me. There ARE lucky people like that... bound to happen.

    The least luck involved in upgrading stuff permanently the better. There's already too much luck involved in this game, imo, and even the gem box is a random reward of less useful gems to best ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • npramirez
    npramirez Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    I still don't like it I guess I just hate anything related to luck usually XD

    There were some things called packs in PWI, 98% of the time they gave 15 tokens which were quite useful, but the other 2% were epic rewards, especially 0.002% a scroll of tome (most expensive item in game). Obviously whoever got SoT was hated by most of the server, that's what luck related things bring >.>

    I know your suggestion is not something like 0.002% but still, if you were to have a person as lucky as those that got SoT, he'd get 2+ gems repeatedly not just once in a while, and yes that is what would bother me. There ARE lucky people like that... bound to happen.

    The least luck involved in upgrading stuff permanently the better. There's already too much luck involved in this game, imo, and even the gem box is a random reward of less useful gems to best ones.

    You have a good point. I didn't play PWI enough to see the damaging effects that something like that could bring. I HATE when there a TINY chances for absolutely AMAZING rewards. So I would take back my suggestion of the .1 chance for a lvl 3 gem but maintain everything else with the chances decreased slightly. 92% lvl 1, 7% 2x lvl 1 and 1% lvl 2. This would be optimal, imo, because even if you get lucky once or twice, regression to the mean would even the playing field. However, if you win an ultra rare reward with a .002% chance, the damage is done. That's like winning the 0.1% chance 2000 times in one gamble.
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Or I don't know just equal chances of everything... one can wish. :o

    I wouldn't say one colour is harder but another brings out a weaker boss. The basic strengths should be somewhat the same but you need different strategies for different colours. Say if you happened to summon a red demon boss guy you need to get green crystals to debuff. While if you get a blue demon you need yellow and red crystals... and it has a frontal AoE. Just something that makes you think a little... not press 1 2 1 2 1, thanks for the party. x)

    cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

    [ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • npramirez
    npramirez Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    deathbunny wrote: »
    Or I don't know just equal chances of everything... one can wish. :o

    I wouldn't say one colour is harder but another brings out a weaker boss. The basic strengths should be somewhat the same but you need different strategies for different colours. Say if you happened to summon a red demon boss guy you need to get green crystals to debuff. While if you get a blue demon you need yellow and red crystals... and it has a frontal AoE. Just something that makes you think a little... not press 1 2 1 2 1, thanks for the party. x)

    Right, that's much more creative. I like that idea. +1
    Ok, PWE. We are ready for you to review this.
    Thanks.
    Oh, wait. Do they ever read the suggestion box?:eek: