Moving combat is a MUST

Comments

• conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Lol!..
    is funny reading people talking like they actually knew the **** they talk about..
    hahahaha!! xD

no lag? lulz..
    u'v obviously NOT played the game.. or more like.. ANY game at all.. ._.

• octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @ouriel125: Do me a favor and google latency, ping and server response/capacity.
  • balthezore
    balthezore Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    owed wrote: »
    i hate this idea seriously :l run around the target wtf...btw we can auto-taget whit tab

If they are gonna put Arena based battleground, YOU CAN'T just stand and ****ing expect to win it would be ****, healers would get smashed withing seconds. And like OP said if you want to stand feel free to stand even if they introduce this system no one forces you to run around. If you are mouse clicker and you expect to pvp, Learn to keybind and moving won't be problem for you.

And to OP yes, if they are gonna have clasic Korean fight style MMORPG I won't even bother with this game, i really CBA.

We people at west don't like stuff when you yell like **** at same spot and 5 minutes later you cast spell, Yeah cool effects. Who cares. If they are westernizing game, we need moving combat, we are not into manga stuff, most of us at least, we like gothic side of mmorpgs, darker, we are into greek myths, egyptian history and stuff like that.

If you think pure korean style mmos are successful at Western parts, you are wrong- all of the came and faild hard. And thus why is WoW awesome. It's made for every one, and this is what game designers should look up to. Learn from them.

Experience> arrogance

And for all of you that have no clue how does moving combat pvp look like, and claim that lagg destroys the fun. No it freaking doesn't.

here look at it how movin' combat looks like
    http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=155381
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    balthezore wrote: »
    We people at west don't like stuff when you yell like **** at same spot and 5 minutes later you cast spell, Yeah cool effects. Who cares. If they are westernizing game, we need moving combat, we are not into manga stuff, most of us at least, we like gothic side of mmorpgs, darker, we are into greek myths, egyptian history and stuff like that.

here look at it how movin' combat looks like
    http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=155381
    No instead you like moving around the target like a **** while you swing your sword and apparently somehow hit it :|

That video wasn't impressive or anything the main char looked a bit stupid running back and forth the same place hitting that mob or w/e it was >.> especially with that high speed looked even more cartoony

And for the record I did play games with moving combat. On the other hand I bet YOU didn't play this game or were in any serious PvP with it, because you'd realize how much screwed the orb system gets moving that much and fast like you want. Talking about arrogance and people with no experience of what they're suggesting. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • balthezore
    edited February 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    No instead you like moving around the target like a **** while you swing your sword and apparently somehow hit it :|

That video wasn't impressive or anything the main char looked a bit stupid running back and forth the same place hitting that mob or w/e it was >.> especially with that high speed looked even more cartoony

And for the record I did play games with moving combat. On the other hand I bet YOU didn't play this game or were in any serious PvP with it, because you'd realize how much screwed the orb system gets moving that much and fast like you want. Talking about arrogance and people with no experience of what they're suggesting. :rolleyes:

He was pvping, not hiting a mob, Jesus.

And like i said ARENA games are not doable if you stand like imbecile at same spot and suffering hard core damage. DD teams will eat any Healer team easy. Moving combat in pvp is a must if you want to have proper arena games. And sir i do have massive pvp experience at few games i did win quite few tournaments.

So yes i know what i'm talking about.

Talking about cartoony stuff? This game (FW) is most cartoony stuff around. Unless you got some crazy eye disease to realize that.

And another reason why moving is a must, is to get out of line of sight to heal up, reset fight. Have some kind of advantage as ranged/melee setups. But untill gamers like you do realize that, pvp side of this game is gonna suck back and forth.
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You do realise that you can still move between skills, right?
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • tyanara
    edited February 2011
    He was pvping, not hiting a mob, Jesus.

And like i said ARENA games are not doable if you stand like imbecile at same spot and suffering hard core damage. DD teams will eat any Healer team easy. Moving combat in pvp is a must if you want to have proper arena games. And sir i do have massive pvp experience at few games i did win quite few tournaments.

So yes i know what i'm talking about.

Talking about cartoony stuff? This game (FW) is most cartoony stuff around. Unless you got some crazy eye disease to realize that.

And another reason why moving is a must, is to get out of line of sight to heal up, reset fight. Have some kind of advantage as ranged/melee setups. But untill gamers like you do realize that, pvp side of this game is gonna suck back and forth.
    No you have no idea what you're talking about, nobody cares you're so pro at other games. I was talking about this one where you suggest your ideas, you got 0 experience about the wrath system I bet.

This game has semi cartoony graphics, yes, but I was talking about the movements of those videos people keep posting in this thread. Not to mention anyone who thinks WoW graphics or other similar ones are good, I have nothing to discuss with them about graphics at all.

You think arenas or fair PvP fights can't be challenging in this game and are imbalanced? Well let me tell you something, factors that PvP in this game disagree, and one of those factor is me. Who also happened to play movement in combat games, such as RoM, and still be one of the top in PvP fights.

I can handle both, although in my opinion movement in combat looks stupid, and also will never work in this game with wrath system. You however, seem to not be able to handle this system, and talk **** like it's impossible to PvP in this one efficiently.

Everyone who's considered pro knows that you need to move a lot in PvP in this game as well, even with the restricted attacks while doing so. It actually adds challenge this way. You just can't seem to understand it, and can only handle it the easy way where you can spam buttons to move while also using skills to attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • balthezore
    edited February 2011
    You do realise that in that time you are dead inside of arena game? Moving and using abilities is essential.

But talking to you is like talking to a Wall and expecting it will respond with something that actually explains why should pvp system like this work- in first place, Since it's obvious here that you got no experience at hard core pvp at all.

If moving bothers you that much, stand still and use your brain dead abilities as much you want, it's easy for you to stand but it's not easy for us that actually pvp most of the time to stand still and be brain dead.

Even if they put this system NO ONE FORCES YOU TO MOVE YO'.

But we are forced to stand now due **** pvp system.

But anyway, couldn't care any less what are your opinions on this. Every tool outthere knows that RoM pvp was ****, high lvl runes > newbies. 1 shoting people around. 18k hp r/k walking around and smashing new people at lvl 50 was fun sure- not.

And yes WoW pvp is by far most balanced pvp game ever. As much you are jealous of it, or at least you act so, since you basically spit on people that come from wow.

Are you poor? Can't you afford monthly fee? What the **** is your issue with WoW players at all?

I didn't mention anything about WoW graphic at all, but since you are talking about wow graphic, yes wow gfx >fw any time of the day.
    Especially with Cataclysm update. Armor graphic eats hard any PW game gfx. Anyway i'm out a here. Have fun with **** pvp system. we'll see how long are you gonna enjoy this brain dead pvp.
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You act like your oppenents are able to move but you're not.

Seriously, your opponents can;t move either, they have the same disadvantage (Whatever your delusional head thinks is disadvantagious about still combat) as you :/
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • balthezore
    edited February 2011
    You act like your oppenents are able to move but you're not.

Seriously, your opponents can;t move either, they have the same disadvantage (Whatever your delusional head thinks is disadvantagious about still combat) as you :/

Are you that stupid or what the hell. There is no effin' challenge in pvp like this, only advantage is who hits harder. No challenge, brain dead standing and looking at shiny skills, manga style.

**** it, I'm gone.
  • tyanara
    edited February 2011
    You do realise that in that time you are dead inside of arena game? Moving and using abilities is essential.
    No, play the game before you say this. Or maybe it's just YOU who is dead because you suck.

About your RoM remark with high level runes, lmfao. You're right in one aspect, awesome geared peeps with STATS were uber, but runes were weak just a small addition to your power. Again you clearly show you got NO idea what you're talking about, or you're just a typical noob acting tough on forums and talking ****.
    Are you poor? Can't you afford monthly fee? What the **** is your issue with WoW players at all?

I didn't mention anything about WoW graphic at all, but since you are talking about wow graphic, yes wow gfx >fw any time of the day.
    You just said what I have against WoW, the graphics. Are the most idiotic graphics I've seen in any 3D game ever, and people who praise them like you just did are nothing but fanboys who I just laugh hard at.

Never said WoW's gameplay is bad, though.

And no I'm not poor I spent more on PWI than you ever did on WoW I bet (even though nothing "extreme")

But yeah after reading your posts it is clear to me you're actually a noob thinking he's hardcore and tough, doesn't understand how you can survive in this game with "static" combat (even though you have to move a lot) clearly shows your limited experience and lack of skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Are you that stupid or what the hell. There is no effin' challenge in pvp like this, only advantage is who hits harder. No challenge, brain dead standing and looking at shiny skills, manga style.

**** it, I'm gone.

haven't you been dealing with it over on PWI, so im pretty sure you can deal with it here.

For those who want moving combat become major shareholders/stockholders of Beijing PW co and then demand combat in the game or your selling your shares/stocks....highly doubt it will work.

the day this game get moving combat is when cod or any other fps/mmofps gets sprint(full speed)+reloading
  • extremejosh88
    extremejosh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    imo i prefer moving combat but i dont think not having it will ruin the game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Recruitingthread: fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87981
    Guild Site: fworganizationxiii.guildlaunch.com

A scattered dream
    that's like a far-off memory.
    A far-off memory
    that's like a scattered dream.
  • tzagi
    tzagi Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    That is not aion, that is FW. That is not WoW, that is FW. That is not a game like all the others that does use the fail system fanboys of these games want.

The dev (the creators ones) does made their own game and FW has comes out. You like it? you play it. You don't like it? well no one force you to play, since there are billion of games around, but please don't comes out with such stupid and idioticy suggestions/requests to make the game as YOU want.

So far 80% of the players don't like the Movement+Attack, 10% doesn't care at all and the remaining 10% is the fanboys from WoW/Aion and so on. What do you expect so? That is not your game if you want the movement+attack.

umadbro? Seriously, this looked like those replies by Rift fanatics, if anyone even dared suggesting some changes or improvements. And if we could get $1 for every time you mentioned "fanboy" we'd be rich enough to start our own gaming business.
  • renegademarshal
    renegademarshal Posts: 49
    edited February 2011
    This **** is still going on? Really?

Want to know why moving combat will NEVER be put into Forsaken World so you might as well drop it?

Moving Combat + Wrath Orbs = Ranged classes win

And I don't know about you guys, but I hardly ever stay still in a fight unless I'm dueling another marksman.

Balthezore, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Have you even played the game? Hardly looks like it - looks like you don't know **** about the game.
  • bryanfury83
    bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    tzagi wrote: »
    umadbro? Seriously, this looked like those replies by Rift fanatics, if anyone even dared suggesting some changes or improvements. And if we could get $1 for every time you mentioned "fanboy" we'd be rich enough to start our own gaming business.
    So, Wow/Aion/Movement+Attack game fanboy, get your own game and make it even instant teleport+attack, here you wont see
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    wow just when i thought this thread was dead, mods should just do us(the ppl who realize why it will won't happen) a favor and close this PLZ!
  • llsymourll
    llsymourll Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    NOTE : i did not really Read all the thread so if some one said something similar :D i apologize.

ok..lol wow this thread is still alive..jeez lmao
    um ok i'll try to explain this FULLY , in hope that people who want a moving combat system in this game ,
    in all hope of this thread ending

YES a moving system is NICE , but not for FW! not for a lot of games

now i'll start with

1-like others have said before , if u believe that in fw it only depends on who has higher damage alone then you clearly have not played a lot of PWE games or atleast..did not play in them massively , cuse tactic is indeed a part of it and wether u can use ur skills while running or not , or attack while running or not , moving does play a good part in fw in pvp and iam not going to sit here and give u an example of a pvp fight ,
    so in my opinion if the only thing u have been seeing is that u are able to kill all ur pvp targets by sitting there and skill spam on them without any idea of wat ur doing , then well ...iam sorry but ur targets SUCKED lol

2-i will explain why this system will not WORK on a game that is BASED on a no-move combat system ok look sire , games like WoW , have been BUILT around that combat system , the fights , the arenas , the pvp , pk watever , the skills and also the classes have been based on that system so that it is balanced
    FW Has been balanced on the system of its current system , the pvp has been desgined to it , the skills and the classes and even the mobs...
    in order to change the system to making it similar to those games who have a moving attack system , they'd have to change a SH1D ton of things ABOUT the game it self and classes and skills and pvp styles and systems , yea u can imagin how long that would take to do with pw , + it will be like just playing a totally different game at all , the game is already in Cb4 , 1 month till ob(thats in english version) , this is by far the LONGEST cb i have ever seen and ihave been playing mmos for 7 years now , so ,
    for them to do such huge changes that will MASSIVELY change the way u actually PLAY the game and the controls that ur used to will mean that they would have to Delayed the open beta yet again for MONTHS if not more , do u understand how that would be , they will lose TONS of money and a lot of people ,
    and a mmo without people and money is a failing mmo lol

here is the short explaination of my thought :D

now...plz let this end and no more arguing

May the beard of zeus shed its peace upon u and give u lots of cookie shapped muffins.
    santa likes it.

so in end , Fw + moving combat system = no
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • extremejosh88
    extremejosh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @llsymourll really good explanation i knew they would have to change alot of game mechanics to be able to make moving combat but u explained it better then i could have
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Recruitingthread: fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87981
    Guild Site: fworganizationxiii.guildlaunch.com

A scattered dream
    that's like a far-off memory.
    A far-off memory
    that's like a scattered dream.
  • azhdeen
    azhdeen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    What llsy said...... lol

and to the OP and those wanting this..... go back to WoW then (if you want to play that so bad) and shut the hell up plz. I play FFXI and I know what you mean about being able to move (at least with a melee.... mages in FFXI, can't move or u interrupt yourself but still), but IT JUST WON'T WORK FOR THIS GAME!!!!! NOT the way it's designed, it's that f'ign siimpe so shut the frack up already. Either play or gtfo...

By the way I've been playing THIS for a day now, it's already boring the hell outta me (and no it's NOT the fighting that you're posting about.)... think i'll go log into PW or FFXI lol.
  • nerdcrusher
    nerdcrusher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    bump.

this is the only reason I gave up playing the beta. its 2011 and players expect higher quality combat. if you think other people moving around is going to make it too hard for you to "find them" and fight back then maybe YOU just arent smart enough to be pvping? isnt that the whole point of pvp, finding out who is better and more skilled?

the fact that the developers want to add an "arena" to this game with static movement also makes me laugh. with the current combat system it basically makes this game 100% revolve around who grinded more.

fluid movement makes for more control and enjoyment over your character and removes the feeling of just senselessly mashing buttons when they are off cooldown. but then again thats just my 2 cents... oh wait no its not look at any present day SUCCESSFUL mmo.
  • sesheenku
    sesheenku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    bump.

this is the only reason I gave up playing the beta. its 2011 and players expect higher quality combat. if you think other people moving around is going to make it too hard for you to "find them" and fight back then maybe YOU just arent smart enough to be pvping? isnt that the whole point of pvp, finding out who is better and more skilled?

the fact that the developers want to add an "arena" to this game with static movement also makes me laugh. with the current combat system it basically makes this game 100% revolve around who grinded more.

fluid movement makes for more control and enjoyment over your character and removes the feeling of just senselessly mashing buttons when they are off cooldown. but then again thats just my 2 cents... oh wait no its not look at any present day SUCCESSFUL mmo.

Won't happen any time soon here, it would probably require a new engine or an edit to the current engine and the company doesn't seem to be looking to create new engines.
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15047437000&dateline=1290559725[/SIGPIC]
    Made by me ;D

-> I'm no longer in that guild but I'm a bit lazy to change my sig which I made anyways.
  • nerdcrusher
    edited March 2011
    then this game too will die out just like every other free2play mmo with its archaic "click to move" and "button smashing" combat. but as long as the developers make their money and selling rabbit ears and fairy wings who cares right? its a shame though some of the concepts in this game are really nice.
  • sesheenku
    sesheenku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    then this game too will die out just like every other free2play mmo with its archaic "click to move" and "button smashing" combat. but as long as the developers make their money and selling rabbit ears and fairy wings who cares right? its a shame though some of the concepts in this game are really nice.

This one will die out and they'll make another one it's what they do with that they don't have to innovate, perhaps there will come a time when it's totally required to be that way and then they'll make a new engine. It seems as smart a business they are they ONLY make a move when it is absolutely necessary.
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15047437000&dateline=1290559725[/SIGPIC]
    Made by me ;D

-> I'm no longer in that guild but I'm a bit lazy to change my sig which I made anyways.
  • nerdcrusher
    edited March 2011
    cant blame them for sticking with what works. in the end its about their bankroll not the customers enjoyment. but as long as they can keep the 12 year olds spending their daddys paycheck on teddy bear pets and ninja costumes all is well in the f2p business model.
  • xstaticstrata
    xstaticstrata Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sesheenku wrote: »
    Won't happen any time soon here, it would probably require a new engine or an edit to the current engine and the company doesn't seem to be looking to create new engines.

Heroes of the 3 kingdoms has movement with combat and the soulorb system CALLS for movement with combat
  • bryanfury83
    bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Again? WoW/Aion/Movement+Combat fanboys can't you please go back to the movement+attack game if it's so "much uber l33t pro" than FW that use the so old and bad click to move?
  • xxxdrackosxxx
    xxxdrackosxxx Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Again? WoW/Aion/Movement+Combat fanboys can't you please go back to the movement+attack game if it's so "much uber l33t pro" than FW that use the so old and bad click to move?

Can't you just leave this topic or speak more politely please ?
  • balsero
    balsero Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    2=2 2+2=4 New combat system =0 Never going to happen at least in FW, maybe for FW2
    Poetry is the rhythmical creation of beauty in words.

Edgar Allan Poe
    Arriba, abajo, los Pkers pal Karaho!!!
  • tazvs
    tazvs Posts: 12
    edited March 2011
    This is forsaken world not wow or aion , you want new combat stile and new things go play wow and aion dont come here and tell to add that **** combat to run after him to pvp :mad:
This discussion has been closed.