Moving combat is a MUST

1235711

Comments

  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This is true enough. However even the f2p developers should start looking at a new system as even f2p games now have combat and freedom of movement. Both markets are evolving and to stay competitive, it is inevitable that they must face the music ^_^.

    Definetely, I agree 100% with you, the future is not the still attack, it is kind like when the first games came out like Space invaders, Atari etc. Games have to evolve to survive and this Chinesse mentality will evolve sooner rather than later
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • melonhed
    melonhed Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    fenrina wrote: »
    No offense, there's been around 9 threads total asking for this. Maybe add 2-3 more for threads asking what style of movement is used. That's not a whole lot for a little under a year's worth of threads. I personally haven't heard any complaints ingame about this either.

    Even one thread with many agreeing to it should be enough for it to be considered, the fact that there has been several threads about it and the devs have ignored it is ridiculous.

    I'm sure there are many more people wanting this, but what's the point of making more threads about it if they're not even answering? It's like you making a thread about it right now while this is already active in the forums, in fact when I was making this thread there was already a topic going on about it, and my first thread got removed, but was much shorter, so I made a more in depth one because I saw the devs attitude towards the issue. It's pointless to make too many, they hear what we want, it makes more sense to have this system, there's no reason not to do it.

    Sometimes I wonder if people like you are just die hard fans, or if you reply with such stupidity and blindness just to invoke anger in everyone to reply to you and give you attention.

    I really can't see any other reason why anyone would be AGAINST this, there are no cons to this system, there is only room for improvement now, and people like you don't understand it so you try to make it not happen.

    Actually I might put posting guide lines in the original post.
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    melonhed wrote: »
    I really can't see any other reason why anyone would be AGAINST this, there are no cons to this system, there is only room for improvement now, and people like you don't understand it so you try to make it not happen.
    I see you didn't really play the game to see how orb system works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • melonhed
    melonhed Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    I see you didn't really play the game to see how orb system works.

    No, I haven't played the game, I really want to though, but I've seen quite a bit of videos, and I thought this game really needed this, care to explain what you mean?
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    In this game you there is wrath system, when you use skills you generate some yellow orbs that jump from the opponent somewhere on the ground. When you go near an orb you absorb it and your wrath increases, from yellow to orange (and shades in between) and finally to red and you'll have a big red effect on your left hand.

    The more wrath you have the more damage you do, red hand is like 366% damage? Or not sure.

    Anyway, being able to move when attacking would make orb gathering way too easy, and thus my comment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    1) Normal attacks are weak
    2) Normal attacks don't pop out orbs, making them even weaker
    3) Did I mention normal attacks are weak???

    I mean, the silence debuff makes you unable to use skills... and it's considered almost close to a stun (except that you can move or normal attack)... don't you think this shows the place of normal attacks? There's almost none in PvP unless you got all your skills on cooldown.

    It would just **** up the ranged/melee balance. You see, if a melee is in range of a caster, caster will get hit constantly with attack while moving. If melee is NOT in range of caster, then caster will hit the melee without ever being hit back (same movement speed).

    With standing still, you have to prioritize your options: either stay still and attack and get closer to melee, or allow the ranged guy to run away, or move but don't attack. It's called tactics. Moving while attacking seems like a cheap way. Making you prioritize choices is more tactical.
  • fenrina
    fenrina Posts: 336
    edited February 2011
    melonhed wrote: »
    Even one thread with many agreeing to it should be enough for it to be considered, the fact that there has been several threads about it and the devs have ignored it is ridiculous.

    They make decisions based upon statistics and data. They even said as much:

    Source
    The uproar was not only heard from our very vocal playerbase, but also seen in our server statistics

    Emphases mine.

    The devs have their own ideas on where to take this game. Some of those ideas could be incompatible with the forms of movement I keep hearing out of threads like these. One thread isn't really enough to convince them to change their plans and spend the money to make those ideas and changes.
    melonhed wrote: »
    I'm sure there are many more people wanting this, but what's the point of making more threads about it if they're not even answering?

    If they really are there, I hope they're providing feedback to that effect.
    melonhed wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder if people like you are just die hard fans, or if you reply with such stupidity and blindness just to invoke anger in everyone to reply to you and give you attention.

    No.

    If pwe were to add combat movement in phase 4 or OB or whenever, I wouldn't change my plans over it. I would only change if it was badly done.

    Honestly, there are forms of combat movement I would not mind. I just don't believe there's enough of a boon to justify adding it to this game with the required changes.
    melonhed wrote: »
    I really can't see any other reason why anyone would be AGAINST this, there are no cons to this system, there is only room for improvement now, and people like you don't understand it so you try to make it not happen.

    No cons? Everything has cons; the current system and any "new" ones included. Just because some don't care about them, doesn't mean others don't.

    There are balance issues, there are graphics issues, they may have to adjust dungeons to accommodate as well. The game was designed around a certain set of assumptions. Change one and many changes need to happen as well. That's the nature of game design.

    I'll let tyanara and octarone take it from here. I believe they have more experience with wraith/redhands than I do.
    melonhed wrote: »
    Actually I might put posting guide lines in the original post.

    Trust me, that's not going to help one bit.
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    melonhed wrote: »
    No, I haven't played the game, I really want to though, but I've seen quite a bit of videos, and I thought this game really needed this, care to explain what you mean?

    There it is.. u can't talk about something u DON'T know..
    watching vids is nothing compared to actually be Pvping on ur own...
    u have no foundations about what u'r saying of the Pvp being Static.. :S

    maybe u used this vid as ur reference??

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zazc8bY0ig

    Hahahaha!! Fail!

  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    maybe u used this vid as ur reference??

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zazc8bY0ig

    Hahahaha!! Fail!
    That video makes me facepalm every second of it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • melonhed
    melonhed Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    There it is.. u can't talk about something u DON'T know..
    watching vids is nothing compared to actually be Pvping on ur own...
    u have no foundations about what u'r saying of the Pvp being Static.. :S

    maybe u used this vid as ur reference??

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zazc8bY0ig

    Hahahaha!! Fail!

    Please refer to the posting guide lines.
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    melonhed wrote: »
    Please refer to the posting guide lines.

    i referred to the point that.. u havn't played the game yet..?
    the fact that u don't know how the PvP really is in the game..?
    and the point that u wanna change something that u don't know nothing about..?
    o-o

  • melonhed
    melonhed Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i referred to the point that.. u havn't played the game yet..?
    the fact that u don't know how the PvP really is in the game..?
    and the point that u wanna change something that u don't know nothing about..?
    o-o

    Okay, let me go through it with you, don't worry I won't make it too hard, step by step.

    So, according to you, I don't know anything about the game.

    1. It's made by the same makers of PW.

    2. I've seen videos which gives a good insight into the game.

    3. I've seen video reviews, combat in the game, written reviews.

    4. These reviews say the combat is exactly the same as PW.

    Seeing as I've completed primary school, that gave me a basic understanding of the English language which helped me to understand that the combat actually was the same as their other games, therefore, I created this thread.

    Was that too hard for you? It must be hard to understand even in written form if you can't formulate such a simple thought process in your own head.

    I guess I have to add another rule to the posting guide lines.
  • ihazcookies
    ihazcookies Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    First of all, get over it, simple as that. The combat system is how it is, you can't just change a games whole combat system. The game was made around combat movement being what it is. They will not change it. If they did, they would have to change just about all the skills otherwise the balance in the game would be gone. There is only about a month before OB, so that means what you see now is basically what your going to get. Even if the devs wanted to do something like this, there simply isn't the time.

    What you don't seem to understand is that the people who have actually played the game, unlike you, and have experienced the games pvp system, like me, are telling you that how it is is good for this game and how it works. This wraith system is different then other games, and until you experience it, you won't understand that how the movement in combat is set up, and that it works for this game. If you truly think this is a "static" combat system, like the others said, once you can play go stand still in pvp and then come tell us how it worked out for you. I feel it is better to actually wait to play the game and form your own opinion instead of coming to conclusions based on other people's opinions.

    Also, please don't try to attack others for having a difference in opinion. Your "rules" basically state that if someone doesn't agree with you for any reason, don't post. One of the rules say if you don't know the system, don't post, but yet you are posting about changing the current system that you don't know. Take your own rule into consideration, learn the actual current system before trying to get it changed. This board is here for discussions, and if you aren't capable of accepting that others will disagree with you and are going to try to prove you wrong, then posting might not be the best idea.
    BobZeConqueror
    Wicked
  • melonhed
    melonhed Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Also, please don't try to attack others for having a difference in opinion. Your "rules" basically state that if someone doesn't agree with you for any reason, don't post. One of the rules say if you don't know the system, don't post, but yet you are posting about changing the current system that you don't know. Take your own rule into consideration, learn the actual current system before trying to get it changed. This board is here for discussions, and if you aren't capable of accepting that others will disagree with you and are going to try to prove you wrong, then posting might not be the best idea.

    Read them again, please follow the last one in particular, I didn't say "if you don't know the current system", I wrote "if you don't understand the system" (which I am talking about).

    What you say is true about changing them in this little time period, but that's why I'm asking if they're EVER planning on changing it, that's all I want to know, I'm not asking for miracles, I just want an answer.
  • melonhed
    melonhed Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Your "rules" basically state that if someone doesn't agree with you for any reason, don't post.

    - You don't understand the system.

    This means if you do not understand how the system of moving combat works, please do not post, as they cannot make a legitimate argument against or for it.

    - You've always played f2p games.

    If the person has always played free to play games, meaning they have never experienced a quality game, therefore cannot possibly speak on a quality feature in p2p games.

    - You've never experienced this system before.

    If they have never experienced the moving combat system, they can't speak about it.

    - You never really PvP'd in games that had this system

    If the person has never had proper PvP encounters in a game which has moving combat, they shouldn't post because that's the biggest reason why I want it implemented - PvP.

    - You're ignorant but just looking for attention through your posts.

    If they're insecure in real life and try to appear superior on a game forum by randomly attacking someone who they see as a possible victim, even though their replies are often senseless and annoying, they enjoy the attention, these type of people I do not want posting.

    - You're socially deprived.

    Many traits of this relate to the above description.

    - You're uneducated.

    Uneducated and unable to execute simple thought processes in your brain, please do not post.




    Hmm, looking back, yeah, you're so right, that's exactly what I said, if someone doesn't agree with me, don't post.
  • skyepersona
    skyepersona Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Dude, you've got problems O.o You can't just post rules for a thread, there are already pre-existing rules for the forums. The forums are public as well, so...really anyone can post whatever they want in this thread. Posting your suggestions are fine and dandy but...moving combat would mean a major overhaul on the game and its combat mechanics. It's just something you're going to have to live with. If you care about it that much then you should probably go play a different game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I get the feeling this might have all been one big troll attempt.


    But I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt.

    But there's a few things wrong here

    A) You've never played the game, you can't comment on something you've never played
    B) You claim it's like PWI, yet I don't remember the wrath system in PWI
    And another thing:You want them to just rework the entire system, which requires more than just the combat changing, the whole game was based around still combat system, they'd have to rework the enemy AI, change some dungeons, and much more. Not happening anytime soon.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • xxxdrackosxxx
    xxxdrackosxxx Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I get the feeling this might have all been one big troll attempt.


    But I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt.

    But there's a few things wrong here

    A) You've never played the game, you can't comment on something you've never played
    B) You claim it's like PWI, yet I don't remember the wrath system in PWI
    And another thing:You want them to just rework the entire system, which requires more than just the combat changing, the whole game was based around still combat system, they'd have to rework the enemy AI, change some dungeons, and much more. Not happening anytime soon.

    You forget that there are people who played the game and who disliked the actual combat system (including me) so...
    Anyway, everything had been said.We have to wait for a GM response or it's useless to continue this debate.
    Will we have it or not ? It's the only official answer we're waiting for...
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    melonhed wrote: »
    - You don't understand the system.

    This means if you do not understand how the system of moving combat works, please do not post, as they cannot make a legitimate argument against or for it.
    You do NOT understand the current PvP system in the Game.. u can't Post about it.. ;D
    melonhed wrote: »
    - You've always played f2p games.

    If the person has always played free to play games, meaning they have never experienced a quality game, therefore cannot possibly speak on a quality feature in p2p games.
    If u played P2P games before.. the **** u doing playing f2p now??
    go back to ur p2p games with ur "quality features".. and stop Trying to changed f2p games as u like them to be...
    unless u gonna pay the devs out of ur money to do so.. ;D
    melonhed wrote: »
    - You've never experienced this system before.

    If they have never experienced the moving combat system, they can't speak about it.
    If u have Never experienced the Wrath Combat system, u CAN'T speak/Complain about it..
    melonhed wrote: »
    - You never really PvP'd in games that had this system

    If the person has never had proper PvP encounters in a game which has moving combat, they shouldn't post because that's the biggest reason why I want it implemented - PvP.
    YOU never PvP'd in ANY game with wrath System.. so.. u shouldn't Post about it.. :)
    melonhed wrote: »
    - You're ignorant but just looking for attention through your posts.

    If they're insecure in real life and try to appear superior on a game forum by randomly attacking someone who they see as a possible victim, even though their replies are often senseless and annoying, they enjoy the attention, these type of people I do not want posting.
    i think u meant this one to be a Rule for urself??
    seeking for attention? trying to make Rules in a Forum Thread.. just cus u made it and u feel like.. "U OWN IT"!??
    sore loser... lulz
    melonhed wrote: »
    - You're socially deprived.

    Many traits of this relate to the above description.
    uh? urself?
    melonhed wrote: »
    - You're uneducated.

    Uneducated and unable to execute simple thought processes in your brain, please do not post.
    Wht the F have.. being uneducated with.. "executing simple thoughts process in your brain"???
    stop making up reasons to try look less of a Loser? o.O

    melonhed wrote: »
    Hmm, looking back, yeah, you're so right, that's exactly what I said, if someone doesn't agree with me, don't post.

    Hmm, Looking back, yea, I think u can use all those statements on urself.. ;D

    I'v played a couple of games with moving Combat.. and it was really cool doing it..
    but.. here is completely different..

    in Aika u could do like 2 or 3 attacks in the time most people would do only 1.. cus u were able to cancel animation while moving.. if u were good at it.. u would own any1 with normal attacks cus of it..
    Guess what? people complaint about it and called it a bug or sometimes even a hack, cus they suckd at moving Combat/Animation cancel and they got they'r **** Kickd..

    in Rohan u could attack while moving as well.. and if u were good at it.. u could even move while u were supposed to be "Snared".. but.. if u were pressing arrows forward or backward at the time the Snare is used.. ur char would just keep moving..

    i'v Played a lot of MOving combat PvP games.. and it's really cool.. but it just doesn't work here..
    and u CAN'T say the current system is bad if u don't play it..

    Big Deal.. u read Reviews.. read forum threads.. read read read..
    Reading is Nothing.. Most people that make "reviews" and ****.. havn't even played the game at it's fullest.. they Just post what other people, that is supposed to "play the game" tell them.. zZzZz..
    even i got an interview for a Review of player impressions.. :S
    ...
    i Coulda just Said.. Protectors Sucks, they hav bad Dmg, bad Defense, Suck HP, Fat Asses.. etc etc..
    and people that read it would say.. "OMG im not gnna play protectors.. they sucks.."
    zzzz!!!

    Just cus u read "everything" about something.. doesn't mean u actually know the fck u talk about..

  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You forget that there are people who played the game and who disliked the actual combat system (including me) so...
    Anyway, everything had been said.We have to wait for a GM response or it's useless to continue this debate.
    Will we have it or not ? It's the only official answer we're waiting for...

    I know this, and tbh I would prefer moving combat as well, although still combat is ok as well.

    That post was more toward Melon and his slightly trollish nature about this.

    I think if moving combat does happen, though, it won't be for a while.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • hornadon
    hornadon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    They need to add true WSAD control's this game feels like a point and click game when i hit the s key my char should not turn around and look at me. Also they should add theability to mouse run as well.
  • fenrina
    fenrina Posts: 336
    edited February 2011
    melonhed wrote: »
    4. These reviews say the combat is exactly the same as PW.

    It's not though.

    In FW, ignoring the Soul Shattering system (aka redhands) is a good way to get one's **** kicked. That's with a given group having an obvious advantage. In order to take advantage of the system, one has to move around.

    The whole point of Soul Shattering is to increase the importance of movement in pvp battle. If combat movement were to be added, Soul Shattering would have to be removed or severely nerfed*. The devs aren't going to nerf a core feature unless there was overwhelming evidence that it would be a good idea.

    *If it's not nerfed, freeze and stun effects would increase in power. Preventing access to orbs is a wise idea.
    melonhed wrote: »
    Hmm, looking back, yeah, you're so right, that's exactly what I said, if someone doesn't agree with me, don't post.

    You might as well close the thread then. It won't last long without some discussion going on.

    (Not like you have the power to enforce it anyway.)
  • melonhed
    melonhed Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    fenrina wrote: »
    You might as well close the thread then. It won't last long without some discussion going on.

    (Not like you have the power to enforce it anyway.)

    It was sarcasm. Read the rest of the post T_T
  • theonethatis
    theonethatis Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    OK. I think you are talking about some single player game, or game type like Monster hunter. And, it's not possible. Let me tell you why, do you have any idea how many players are in a server at one time? Even MH3 can't have more than 6 players in a room. Espcially, you are trying to connect every single player into one big room while some of them have **** connection, causing lag, invalid targets. A good example would be counter strike, you see people flying around like hack, or taking 10 shots in their head and still jumping around. I am not talking about hacking but the latency of internets.
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    OK. I think you are talking about some single player game, or game type like Monster hunter. And, it's not possible. Let me tell you why, do you have any idea how many players are in a server at one time? Even MH3 can't have more than 6 players in a room. Espcially, you are trying to connect every single player into one big room while some of them have **** connection, causing lag, invalid targets. A good example would be counter strike, you see people flying around like hack, or taking 10 shots in their head and still jumping around. I am not talking about hacking but the latency of internets.

    And do you know what this thread is about?
    Plus you will lag if you are playing from restricted country that is not allowed to play on the EU and US or you may lag because you have something in the background for example, youtube, facebook, MSN, skype, vent/TS and other programs that may cause you to lag, but there is no other way to lag, unless you surpass your internet transfer and your download rate decrease other than that, it's impossible to lag, unless there is a server lag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You really should play the game and PvP in it before you say it's impossible to lag.

    Countless times I see a person close to me when it's a bit further away on everyone else's screen (lag on my part, and can't hit obviously) and it is most noticeable in PvP ofc. And I had no other external program running except Winamp.

    There's something called ping, look it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ouriel125 wrote: »
    And do you know what this thread is about?
    Plus you will lag if you are playing from restricted country that is not allowed to play on the EU and US or you may lag because you have something in the background for example, youtube, facebook, MSN, skype, vent/TS and other programs that may cause you to lag, but there is no other way to lag, unless you surpass your internet transfer and your download rate decrease other than that, it's impossible to lag, unless there is a server lag.
    lol you think lag only means when your connection is maxed?

    Tell you what: light has a certain speed, and internet information certainly does not surpass that (actually it's a little slower than speed of light due to processing involved in sending signals and such).

    You can have a 1 terabit/s connection, doesn't mean your request and then response from server will defy laws of physics and the speed of light... you'll still see things ~200ms difference if you lag badly.
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    octarone wrote: »
    lol you think lag only means when your connection is maxed?

    Tell you what: light has a certain speed, and internet information certainly does not surpass that (actually it's a little slower than speed of light due to processing involved in sending signals and such).

    You can have a 1 terabit/s connection, doesn't mean your request and then response from server will defy laws of physics and the speed of light... you'll still see things ~200ms difference if you lag badly.

    Did you even read what I said?
    tl;dr, you might lag if you have multiple programs in your background internet(youtube)/skype/msn/vent/TS or if you surpass your internet transfer(i.e. 15 GB, 30 GB, 50 GB, 200 GB and so on) that might cause you to lag or if it's not that, it might be the server that it lag for a short amount of time.

    @tyanara I did played the game and never had any lag issues.
    40v40 battlegrounds in WoW and I never lagged, not a FPS drop, but LAG, people often tend to misuse lag and FPS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yeah I'm talking only about latency and network lag, nothing to do with FPS or your computer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bryanfury83
    bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ouriel125 wrote: »
    Did you even read what I said?
    tl;dr, you might lag if you have multiple programs in your background internet(youtube)/skype/msn/vent/TS or if you surpass your internet transfer(i.e. 15 GB, 30 GB, 50 GB, 200 GB and so on) that might cause you to lag or if it's not that, it might be the server that it lag for a short amount of time.

    @tyanara I did played the game and never had any lag issues.
    40v40 battlegrounds in WoW and I never lagged, not a FPS drop, but LAG, people often tend to misuse lag and FPS.
    Lol there is a big difference betwheen see your char hold screen and people getting 100 meters at second or you getting back at the road you have already done, like a rollback
This discussion has been closed.