Moving combat is a MUST

Comments

• articfox01
    articfox01 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    That is not aion, that is FW. That is not WoW, that is FW. That is not a game like all the others that does use the fail system fanboys of these games want.

The dev (the creators ones) does made their own game and FW has comes out. You like it? you play it. You don't like it? well no one force you to play, since there are billion of games around, but please don't comes out with such stupid and idioticy suggestions/requests to make the game as YOU want.

So far 80% of the players don't like the Movement+Attack, 10% doesn't care at all and the remaining 10% is the fanboys from WoW/Aion and so on. What do you expect so? That is not your game if you want the movement+attack.

So who said anything that WoW or Aion is better who knows maybe they'll add a important feature and for the PWI i played this game and when i saw a circle on the ground when i clicked i almost cried i mean all that hype for click to target.....
    also i did not want the movement atack for Aion or WoW but for FW and for the record i SAID THIS GAME HAS COME OUT SO WE WILL NOT GET THE MOVEMENT+ATK so don't talk to me like i don't know what i am saying.... still tell me the truth would you really not want a fast paced collecting orb game? I mean it would make the CS less OP and the combat really suits the orb collecting .
    Making the game like i want LOL don't forget pwe needs US we DON'T need them who plays their games chickens? no humans and there are alot of players willing to spend
    10k+$ for a GREAT game and since i am NOT the only one who likes that system they are still willing to pay but they will pay less and the will last shorter why do you think WoW lasted so long for its stellar company i mean its not That good of a game .....
    PWE is a BANZAI(i really wanted to say that) company... PRODUCE GAME GET THE MONEY AND LEAVE IT DIE I AM WAITING FOR THEIR NEXT ANIME STYLE MMO but in my 1st is the you know who.....

We are just saying OUR opinions to make the game better make pwe more money
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    mk16 wrote: »
    You forget that all PWE does is translate and host the game. They have zero control over it afaik.

Wanmei doesn't give a **** what we think, and it going to keep on churning out rehashed games on the same ancient buggy engine which is surely incapable of what you want anyways.

If so, since most of us know that, why don't we just protests so they can actually see the difference and start working for the western community and not just for the eastern? Why would I play a game when the western audience get's nothing and the eastern get's everything?

Also, if the CN game is about to "release" *cough*, *cough* in OB and stay forever in OB, this can differ from the CN version and not just be a translated version of it.
    (This was in general, not pointing at you)

@vfreakv, that won't change the game enterily it will just be a combat implemention which can be added with a patch. Your point is invalid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ouriel125 wrote: »
    @vfreakv, that won't change the game enterily it will just be a combat implemention which can be added with a patch. Your point is invalid.

Actually not only would they have to rework the entire system for this to work, they would also have to make new animations so it can actually look right.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • brintosfj
    brintosfj Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    those who really wanna play free mmorpg that has move+attack combat system, play 4Story. it has that feature. but beware of ranged players like archers,mages tho, they'll skin u before u can say 'bad bust'. i believe the developers of that game believe in equal treatment, so they provided that for all classes. melon u want that system only for melee classes, why?? that's no fun if ur a warrior and circling around me, and i'm a mage, i just hav to stand still like a moron. well anyway play 4Story, and don't flame me once u get into pvp maps with ur warrior:p. Good Luck.

and also the topic abt the eastern developers... well it's true. every person wants to serve his/her own ppl and make others pay for what he gets free. it's the rule of this world. we're muslims, jews, christian, hindus etc at first; then we're american, chinese, japanese etc; and after a few more lists of what we are, then comes the 'humanity' part.

Sad but true:(
  • thompsonn
    thompsonn Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    -raises hand- I see a problem with a free to move system.

Do you know how much orbs one can get by moving around whilst casting... ? They'll pretty much have to remove the orb system or reduce its effect by alot because in this game; RED HANDS = HERPDERP4SHOT. Doubt they'll remove the orb system though, as it's a "main feature" to FW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Buttons - 50 Bard
  • xxxdrackosxxx
    xxxdrackosxxx Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    thompsonn wrote: »
    -raises hand- I see a problem with a free to move system.

Do you know how much orbs one can get by moving around whilst casting... ? They'll pretty much have to remove the orb system or reduce its effect by alot because in this game; RED HANDS = HERPDERP4SHOT. Doubt they'll remove the orb system though, as it's a "main feature" to FW.

You're totally wrong. Actually, in GW, casters take all the orbs on the ground. If we have the freedom of movement, everyone will take orbs and combat will be more equal .
    Anyway, if Forsaken World doesn't change, I am sure that a Forsaken World 2 will comes out in China with the features we're talking about, like they did with BoI ( EoI is coming ! yeah ! ).
  • cchenchencc
    cchenchencc Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You're totally wrong. Actually, in GW, casters take all the orbs on the ground. If we have the freedom of movement, everyone will take orbs and combat will be more equal .
    Anyway, if Forsaken World doesn't change, I am sure that a Forsaken World 2 will comes out in China with the features we're talking about, like they did with BoI ( EoI is coming ! yeah ! ).

Erm.
    Casters get a huge advantage.

Mage: Freeze > Get orbs while attacking > Freeze > Red Hand > Win.
    Bard: ""
    Priest: I'm pretty sure they have similar movement reducing spells.

Of course the odd melee will win, there are some smart players around, but the majority aren't all great PvPers.

But I really do want a solution to the: "Chase player > Stop to attack > The player has made some more ground when you stopped > You couldn't attack > You're behind again > Chase player" cycle for the melee. Warriors and sins have a charge spells, but they have cooldowns so it will happen sooner or later.
  • francischutney
    francischutney Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Ive come to the conclusion that I think Im the only one that hates WASD movement :P

Move+Fight or static fights....just enjoy the frakkin game. I prefer a full plot and evolving story more than niggling little combat mechanics...Im probably odd for that too though.

I agree with you, I'm more concerned if there are quests and fun things to do, and beautiful landscapes and flowers, everyone takes the landscape and trees, or sound effects and things for granted, only care about what the characters do. .

Also, what is even the purpose of movement and attack? Besides PvP to get these little orb things, do you get less damage points because you moved out of the way of the sword/magic? If not then it is not very much use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~I very much enjoy this lovely game and wonderful people here~
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    mk16 wrote: »

You sure that PW beijing is publishing it? The site you link implies it's PWE alone.
    Either way, it's bad news. Wish it were coming from a company with an actual tech support and doesn't hide their phone number just like ScamPal and feeBay do (probably for the same reason LOL).

I was saying beijing would still be in control of the game regardless if pwe is publishing it.
    guessing you experience that "satisfactory" pwe customer/tech XD. Sadly I trust paypal more than these guys/girls/possibly kids. ebay i don't trust so much lol.
  • vfreakv
    vfreakv Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2011

You think they can change the way the fighting system is in one patch? I lol'd again.

Also, if you're going to say my point is invalid, at least learn to spell and learn to make a point.

Kthx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maximilious
    maximilious Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I guess I could play this game with my friends till GW2 comes out with a combat system that everyone loves to play. Then bye FW unless you add a decent movement combat ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakovongola1
    edited February 2011
    I guess I could play this game with my friends till GW2 comes out with a combat system that everyone loves to play. Then bye FW unless you add a decent movement combat ^^

Because we care if you like apples and not oranges : D
    PvP Server
  • verismorbid
    verismorbid Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I sometimes wonder why opinion even exists. You have two opposing opinions, and then suddenly a battle of...well, not wit exactly...but a battle nonetheless ensues and everyone is at each others throats. Granted I am not saying everyone should agree one way or another, but how about this...we don't argue like children? Sounds awesome to me.

Just look at the different points of view in a simply experimental manner, because regardless of how much bickering goes on, it won't change the outcome on whether or not the combat system or it's mechanics will be changed. To be honest, I like the idea of the moving combat system. It does in fact make things more interesting, but also a bit more complicated at the same time.

But if people are basically going to "die" or just simply leave if it's not changed, well...you have to consider that possibility and weigh it and see if it's really worth the time or effort because they might simply just leave it as it is, because most of their games are not moving combat. I doubt they will change all of them at this point. Especially the ones that have been out for years already. :P
  • pajtawg
    pajtawg Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Dam i need help, i can't log in the game and i already activate the code that they give me.Please tell me how someone or GM!:(
  • th30ry
    th30ry Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    pajtawg wrote: »
    Dam i need help, i can't log in the game and i already activate the code that they give me.Please tell me how someone or GM!:(

Just quit the internet. Sell your pc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thatsunfortunate
    thatsunfortunate Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    th30ry wrote: »
    Just quit the internet. Sell your pc.
    Stfu, he was just tryna get some help, not cool bro.
  • katozuma
    edited February 2011
    pajtawg wrote: »

in order to play you must be selected for entry, You would of got email stating you been selected for phase 3 and not be selected to play fw in general.

theres a stickie about account logout http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=34161
  • revnic
    revnic Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Stfu, he was just tryna get some help, not cool bro.

It's not cool if your people are analphabetic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • verismorbid
    edited February 2011
    revnic wrote: »
    It's not cool if your people are analphabetic.

Wtf? Lol.

Pajtwag gotta wait until February 23rd if you have a key, or March 23rd for Open-Beta.
  • xxxdrackosxxx
    edited February 2011

But if people are basically going to "die" or just simply leave if it's not changed, well...you have to consider that possibility and weigh it and see if it's really worth the time or effort because they might simply just leave it as it is, because most of their games are not moving combat. I doubt they will change all of them at this point. Especially the ones that have been out for years already. :P

+1, this is what I meant by our power of changing things everywhere, even in video games.
    Even If forsaken World stays the same, I am sure that they will create a Forsaken World 2 with the features we want in order to get ppl that quit the old Forsaken World.
  • revnic
    edited February 2011
    +1, this is what I meant by our power of changing things everywhere, even in video games.
    Even If forsaken World stays the same, I am sure that they will create a Forsaken World 2 with the features we want in order to get ppl that quit the old Forsaken World.

It doesn't mean that Egyptians got what they want it also gonna work in game.

Are you serious ? Forsaken World 2?? lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakovongola1
    edited February 2011
    Moving combat is nice, assuming melees don't get completely screwed over, but it's probably way too late into developement to implement, and if they did start working on it it would take a loooooong time, considering they'd have to rework parts of the engine and make new animations so it didn't look stupid.

Maybe in a patch way way way down the road, but not any time soon.
    PvP Server
  • xxxdrackosxxx
    edited February 2011
    It doesn't mean that Egyptians got what they want it also gonna work in game.

Are you serious ? Forsaken World 2?? lol.

I am serious. Just look at EoI, it's a game that looks like BoI but includes all the feedback CN and NA players gaved.
    Add to this, Runic games helped this time in the developpement of EoI.
    So yes it's possible and one year is enough to create Forsaken World 2.
    Why? The original game/background/mobs/art style/features exists. The only remaining features are combat while moving, multi-core support, anti-aliasing, better graphics, cartoony animation and flying mounts.

Edit : Warning ! Trolls are coming ! xD
  • revnic
    edited February 2011
    I am serious. Just look at EoI, it's a game that looks like BoI but includes all the feedback CN and NA players gaved.
    Add to this, Runic games helped this time in the developpement of EoI.
    So yes it's possible and one year is enough to create Forsaken World 2.
    Why? The original game/background/mobs/art style/features exists. The only remaining features are combat while moving, multi-core support, anti-aliasing, better graphics, cartoony animation and flying mounts.

Edit : Warning ! Trolls are coming ! xD

Wait!!!! it doesn't support multi-core ?????

But why combat moving ?? could you explain me so I can understand why it is so important.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ouriel125
    edited February 2011
    Wait!!!! it doesn't support multi-core ?????

But why combat moving ?? could you explain me so I can understand why it is so important.

Yup, it doesn't support multi-core processors, you didn't read xxxdrackosxxx's post? He quite well explained things and there was a big feedback and not a note from the admin's or moderators that will be sent to the developing team, unfortunately, the one in China.

Even tho I know I can get banned for breaking the rules because of talking and showing another game, but moving combat makes things more interesting, it's not just stand in place and faceroll your keyboard and spam potions(potions should be forbiden in PvP).
    I'll link you few videos and make a comparison between the static combat and moving combat and see which is more interesting, it's of course taste of yourself will you like it or not.

EDIT: See the post below, I had some issues with this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ouriel125
    edited February 2011
    Something got wrong with the previous post, couldn't even edit it properly, so I'll post one more.

EDIT: Can't post all of the videos with some additional comments to them. -.-'

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Klinda&aq=f
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YI9GbhLhH4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKcGOH8rboQ&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzuoRIERM9Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fenrina
    fenrina Posts: 336
    edited February 2011

"Jade Dynasty 2" was an expansion. Honestly, if Forsaken World stays the same, chances are there won't be a 2 with new features to pull people away. It would take alot of resources to maintain two games that are effectively the same with a few tweaks. Servers, labor costs, etc. It could happen, but it's a longshot.

It's possible they could add those features in an expansion or the like, but that's really about it. Considering how fundamental general movement is, it's likely not something they'd want to work on unless they really had to.
  • katozuma
    edited February 2011
    ouriel125 wrote: »
    Yup, it doesn't support multi-core processors, you didn't read xxxdrackosxxx's post? He quite well explained things and there was a big feedback and not a note from the admin's or moderators that will be sent to the developing team, unfortunately, the one in China.

Even tho I know I can get banned for breaking the rules because of talking and showing another game, but moving combat makes things more interesting, it's not just stand in place and faceroll your keyboard and spam potions(potions should be forbiden in PvP).
    I'll link you few videos and make a comparison between the static combat and moving combat and see which is more interesting, it's of course taste of yourself will you like it or not.

EDIT: See the post below, I had some issues with this one.

omg the pwi and fw non-movement combat is so much more interesting than wow or allod XD personally idc 4 wow since its p2p and allod i can't really comment on since i never played it. Truthfully im getting tire of all these cartoony mmorpgs just addicted to graphics(rift,tera,ffxi/xiv) too bad they all are p2p.
  • xxxdrackosxxx
    edited February 2011
    katozuma wrote: »
    omg the pwi and fw non-movement combat is so much more interesting than wow or allod XD personally idc 4 wow since its p2p and allod i can't really comment on since i never played it. Truthfully im getting tire of all these cartoony mmorpgs just addicted to graphics(rift,tera,ffxi/xiv) too bad they all are p2p.

Perhaps it's the case for you but not for others :D
  • verismorbid
    edited February 2011
    To be honest I highly doubt a Forsaken World 2 will happen. Yes it is possible that if they are going to change it, it probably would be in a patch, probably a patch that won't happen for a year or so, but as for an official FW2, not likely. Even though they would probably make the same amount of money as they will in this one (from cash shoppers), they will still have to pay a lot more for the server.

And if they are going to do that, my bet is they will just come out with another completely new MMO. But it's an idea. They should keep it in mind for future games, and future patches. Regardless, if they do not...I will remain because the games they have created are good with or without. That's not to say there isn't room for improvements. Hopefully they will hear that.
This discussion has been closed.