current state of the game?

ylanday69
ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
so how is it, what are the biggest issues? smallest issues? hows the general feel?
Post edited by ylanday69 on

Comments

• aceofclubs91
    aceofclubs91 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    hmm this is the one flaw i can think off manual camra control O.O so irratating thats something PWE never did right
  • evilvanger
    evilvanger Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Game looks pretty nice. But some quests not work properly, some text still on chineese. And sometimes game crashes, very annoying
  • killaws
    killaws Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    evilvanger wrote: »
    Game looks pretty nice. But some quests not work properly, some text still on chineese. And sometimes game crashes, very annoying
    some games need to work the kinks out of that part. LOMA crashed alot when it was in beta.
  • trevtimusprime
    trevtimusprime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Biggest issue I see are these 2.

1) Red hands need to be tweaked by either requiring more orbs for RH state or lessen the damage from them (I shouldn't be able to hit people for 8k+ as a full support Priest 20 seconds into the fight)

2) Things in the CS are far too cheap which has already caused massive inflation in CB, which I'm sure will be adjusted and ultimately rectified with most everything being raised in price to some extent, except fashion perhaps.

Small issues?

None really, just some quest localizations that need to be done. Otherwise it's a decently refined game
    CB-Phase 1-4
    I am Snorlax and I will block your path.

DestroyTokyo- Voted best WereBeast on PWI Lost City server <3
  • xolu
    xolu Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Biggest issue for me at the moment is the extremely unresponsive targetting. The delay in between clicking a player/npc and achieving a target is ridiculous.

Might just be me, but I doubt it as I've had no trouble targetting in any other games.
    IGN: Kiwifruit
  • mk16
    mk16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Game runs like **** on high end pcs. Big issue, there.
    Banned for no reason on -two- accounts, thanks PWE
  • necroraizen
    necroraizen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    mk16 wrote: »

???

My PC isn't high-end and it still runs smoothly on optimal settings (1690x1050 resolution, everything on max + blur effect on).

huh... strange.

Anyway, didn't find any big issues in the game, didn't have any crashes so far, there is some untranslated text that needs to be finished, but so far everything is very good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Race: Human
    Class: Priest
    Guild: -none-

To Purge the world from heretics...
  • edi
    edi Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited January 2011

2) Things in the CS are far too cheap which has already caused massive inflation in CB, which I'm sure will be adjusted and ultimately rectified with most everything being raised in price to some extent, except fashion perhaps.

u might try to be more objective and less subjective?
    Far too cheap? Lol. So far I find it very balance and affordable for most of the players.
    Masive inflation? U didnt have CS in cbt1 and cbt2, so what did u expect?
    Adjusted? Everything raised? R u kidding us?

Think ur post is proof how sum ppl cant be good if they dont invest lot of money in it...Next time try to look things from perspective of most players and not only to look from ur point of view and post sumthing like this.

Sry for flaming but this was too much to even read. 90% of ppl r asking will they make same mistakes with CS like they did in other games they host and u coming with this???
  • trevtimusprime
    edited January 2011
    edi wrote: »

Think ur post is proof how sum ppl cant be good if they dont invest lot of money in it...Next time try to look things from perspective of most players and not only to look from ur point of view and post sumthing like this.

Sry for flaming but this was too much to even read. 90% of ppl r asking will they make same mistakes with CS like they did in other games they host and u coming with this???

First of all most consider me one of the better priests in CB, so clearly I don't need money, I just happen to have obscene amounts of it @ my disposal.

And it's a pretty warranted statement, the game is horrifically inflated atm because of how cheap things are. It's only logical that they would raise the prices to stop everyone from hemorrhaging money. Not to mention they did this exact thing in PWI CB, gave a small amounts of Zen, made everything super cheap so everyone could experience and play with of the most items. Then come OB things were raised in price.
    This is a PWE game, CS will ruin it, the whole premise of a F2P is to make as much as money as possible in the shortest amount of time.

Sorry you don't understand how an economy works.
    CB-Phase 1-4

• mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This is a PWE game, CS will ruin it, the whole premise of a F2P is to make as much as money as possible in the shortest amount of time.

How right you are my friend.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • angelicmuse
    angelicmuse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Here's hoping it doesn't get as bad as PWI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xsolarx
    xsolarx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011

It runs like **** on my system too and my computer was built for gaming. -.-' I can't have graphics on high in Freedom Harbor, and even if I have graphics on the lowest possible I'll still get lag sometimes. =/ I've only ever had FPS rate problems on PWI games. Other games like WoW or Aion I could have graphics on high and not have any problems.

I also get delayed when clicking on NPCs. Like a 2-3 second delay. I get DCed sometimes. It's really annoying when you get DCed from an instance or going to an instance. I also get crashes which didn't start until Phase 3 opened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world isn't perfect, so play in one that's Forsaken.
  • xerosoap
    xerosoap Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    xolu wrote: »
    Biggest issue for me at the moment is the extremely unresponsive targetting. The delay in between clicking a player/npc and achieving a target is ridiculous.

Might just be me, but I doubt it as I've had no trouble targetting in any other games.

+1 that needs some serious work
  • mk16
    edited January 2011
    ???

My PC isn't high-end and it still runs smoothly on optimal settings (1690x1050 resolution, everything on max + blur effect on).

huh... strange.

Anyway, didn't find any big issues in the game, didn't have any crashes so far, there is some untranslated text that needs to be finished, but so far everything is very good.

Frame rate in harbor?

I haven't seen anyone with over 20-30fps in harbor on lowest.
    20 fps in town/mass pvp isn't playable sorry. I did enough of this 10-20 fps **** in PW TWs and im not doing it again.
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    My main desktops 6ghz and 16gb ram -8 cores and fw doesnt run that smoothly. Its the only game ive ever come across that doesnt run perfectly.*sigh* they better give it multi-core support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • mk16
    edited January 2011
    My main desktops 6ghz and 16gb ram -8 cores and fw doesnt run that smoothly. Its the only game ive ever come across that doesnt run perfectly.*sigh* they better give it multi-core support.

Which CPU is clocked at 6ghz? 6-core intel?

Seems to be a lot of people running at 6ghz popping up, and instant loaders in LoL...
  • necroraizen
    necroraizen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Frame rate in harbor?

I haven't seen anyone with over 20-30fps in harbor on lowest.
    20 fps in town/mass pvp isn't playable sorry. I did enough of this 10-20 fps **** in PW TWs and im not doing it again.

FPS in Harbor drops slightly but it is still playable, didn't see any mass PVP yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Race: Human
    Class: Priest
    Guild: -none-

To Purge the world from heretics...
  • darkmarauder
    edited January 2011
    Which CPU is clocked at 6ghz? 6-core intel?

Seems to be a lot of people running at 6ghz popping up, and instant loaders in LoL...

My current comp is a Origin Genesis, it was originally 6 cores, but my brothers a comp tech kinda person, so he made it 8 and upgraded the motherboard which let us overclock the extra 1ghz without risking overheating at all. He had to modify windows completely for it to accept the extra cores though-was weird. Im not much of a comp person so i dont know heaps about comps, i just know mine cost a heap and works great xD (i just told my brother to get/make be a nice comp for under 10k lol)
    One problem i had with this desktop is even with the biggest case they offered, it was really crammed to start because of the liquid cooling, so we had a bit of trouble upgrading it lol.
    Overall it cost just over 7.5K at the time.

My understanding is that you can overclock the 6 cores to 6ghz, but youll need a better cooling system otherwise itll overheat/wont live as long.

I upgraded because im into graphic design and i needed the extra power, my old computer-not so old was a cyberpower black pearl(6-core). Both computers run games to nearly the same quality IMO. Just the pearl couldnt handle as much running at a time and with all my design programs running it had a habit of overheating a bit, where my genesis handles it fine. Think that comps 3.25 or 3.5ghz.
    I got that comp second hand of my bro for 2.4k.

Usually i dual run both comps now, lately ive only been booting one though since fw leaves my computer using 0-1% of its cpu >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrgamble
    mrgamble Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The soul pk thing is ****, dmg increase per soul should be lowered to half or summit.
    Else pro game is pro.
  • keef1988
    keef1988 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Very odd I thought the massive inflation was due not to the cheapness of items in the cash shop but due to the fact everybody got free leaves.
    I thought the cash shop items were pretty reasonably priced and in line with PWI usual prices i.e 15$ for a mount etc etc.
    I agree that red hands needs to be tweaked, more orbs or less power. Though I am one of those noobs that forgets to collect the orbs lol.
  • spooninvasion
    spooninvasion Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Man I really hope karma will bite you in the **** one day and you lose all the money/family or something so you can see how it is to not be spoiled rich like that.

Seriously, it is one thing to use the money daddy gives you (I understand and I'd do the same if I was spoiled like that), but another to constantly brag about how awesome you are because of your money, and to even make suggestions against the others just to satisfy your greedy desires.

If I had a rich dad giving me money like that at least I'd be humble and not brag/suggest **** because of it :| Idk if you even have any shame but you need a wake up call about how this world is without being spoiled like that, I really hope it happens in your life soon in some way >.>
  • trevtimusprime
    edited January 2011
    Man I really hope karma will bite you in the **** one day and you lose all the money/family or something so you can see how it is to not be spoiled rich like that.

Seriously, it is one thing to use the money daddy gives you (I understand and I'd do the same if I was spoiled like that), but another to constantly brag about how awesome you are because of your money, and to even make suggestions against the others just to satisfy your greedy desires.

If I had a rich dad giving me money like that at least I'd be humble and not brag/suggest **** because of it :| Idk if you even have any shame but you need a wake up call about how this world is without being spoiled like that, I really hope it happens in your life soon in some way >.>

I hardly ever mention my money, more times than not other people bring it up, such as you did right now lol.

I nowhere in that msg mentioned anywhere about me being rich and throwing it in anyones face.

P.S- People have been hoping bad things happen to me my whole life because I'm generally a **** irl and online. But guess what? God has a sense of humor, you should too. You let me worry about me.
    CB-Phase 1-4

• mk16
    edited January 2011
    My understanding is that you can overclock the 6 cores to 6ghz, but youll need a better cooling system otherwise itll overheat/wont live as long.

Even with good cooling a lot of chips/boards will refuse to run that fast. IMO you're lucky.
    If your cooling ever fails that thing will probably fry before the throttling kicks in, lol

btw, hope your system is stable, LOL. most people who go that high can't claim 100% stable I bet.
  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    IMHO, this game gives a different touch from the standard MMORPG feel (Carnival event, soul pk), with the good ol' lack of progression we all know of. So don't expect too much out of this game.

But then again, It's F2P.
    [Add smth cool here]
  • darkmarauder
    edited January 2011
    Even with good cooling a lot of chips/boards will refuse to run that fast. IMO you're lucky.
    If your cooling ever fails that thing will probably fry before the throttling kicks in, lol

btw, hope your system is stable, LOL. most people who go that high can't claim 100% stable I bet.

If the cooling failed it'll shut down immediately, so no harm would be done. And i do consider myself lucky i have a brother that works with computers, if not id have been really lost when i went to buy a new comp xD
    Im sure this system is stable 100% statistically its capable of reaching 7ghz but that then changes to 95%, the extra ghz wouldnt really be used though so its not worth it.

My keyboards screen shows a few temps and cpu use and such to, so id know theres a issue pretty quick.

If i needa leave a comp running overnight i usually use the pearl, it uses a noticable amount less power than the genesis lol. It also gives me some piece of mind incase something did fail hardware wise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mk16
    edited January 2011
    Im sure this system is stable 100% statistically its capable of reaching 7ghz
    maybe if you cool it with liquid nitrogen. like the guy who hit 8ghz.
  • xxblindmanxx
    xxblindmanxx Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Biggest issue I see are these 2.

1) Red hands need to be tweaked by either requiring more orbs for RH state or lessen the damage from them (I shouldn't be able to hit people for 8k+ as a full support Priest 20 seconds into the fight)

I'll totally agree with #1. There needs to be a huge increase in number of orbs required to get red hands.

But I'll have to refute #2. I believe the inflation is more due to EVERYONE getting $40 worth of leaves. Come OBT I'd be surprised if even half of the community bought $30+ worth of leaves. The real problem comes from the little kids who are like "i haz leavez for teh first tiem! wootz" who then go to try to get as much money from the leaves as possible in CBT.

You could be right though, but as it stands I do feel the prices for CS are fair.
    Ragnarok Commander
    [SIGPIC]http://ragnarok.omgforum.net/[/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Xandyr for the Sig!
    Ragnarok is recruiting PvE and PvP players for world domination! Check us out at ragnarok.omgforum.net!
This discussion has been closed.