Sins, Please Read

npramirez
npramirez Posts: 78 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Assassin Discussion
I've posted a thread in the Suggestion Box regarding stealth. If you play a sin as your main then you must feel my pain. I would have posted it here but I thought it would serve more purpose in the suggestion box. I made this thread instead. Please visit this thread and comment with your thoughts.
"Sins need some tweaks" in "Suggestion Box"

Here's a quick Preview:

1. Player pets should not see us.

2. Stealth should be instant cast.

3. Stealth should have an effect on mobs.

4. Stealth should not have a duration.

These are all no brainers for a stealth class. Whoever design the stealth, however, lacks a brain. Please.. your input, sins.
Post edited by npramirez on

Comments

• jokereo
    jokereo Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tbh bro... stealth would be amazing to have it have no duration but then that takes the fun out of it man. You gotta have SOME challenge i mean come on. if i had unlimited stealth i could just mope around in a big group as long as i wanted u gotta know your limits how long you can stay in and when to strike. And making it instant cast would be nice as well but that only adds to the fun factor because you need to be careful when stalking somebody or a group. Tbh man i dont feel any pain at all in fact i feel joy with hypnosis blade now. So idk why all this is necessary. Just my 2 cents.

Bladez
  • thatsunfortunate
    thatsunfortunate Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    jokereo wrote: »
    tbh bro... stealth would be amazing to have it have no duration but then that takes the fun out of it man. You gotta have SOME challenge i mean come on. if i had unlimited stealth i could just mope around in a big group as long as i wanted u gotta know your limits how long you can stay in and when to strike. And making it instant cast would be nice as well but that only adds to the fun factor because you need to be careful when stalking somebody or a group. Tbh man i dont feel any pain at all in fact i feel joy with hypnosis blade now. So idk why all this is necessary. Just my 2 cents.

Bladez

Yea he has a point, if you cant make good use of your stealth then you should work on your sin skills a bit more, (no offence) what i do is:
    1: pick a weak target
    2: w8 until the target is alone and no-one is around to help
    3: get a quick kill
    4: leave as if i was never there (and then the party realizes there healer died)

don't go into stealth and then wonder around in the middle of a battlefield...
    (i also kill protectors and warriors, cause i have experience in other mmos)
    for protector/warrior:
    1: kill the healer
    2: let my party fight him and get his hp low
    3: when he has like no hp, i go in and get the final hit for a kill
  • xsolarx
    xsolarx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I do feel your pain, and a few other emotions about this situation. I have a sin as my main and Stealth is completely useless to me. I understand that assassins are meant for PvP, but lets not take it to the extreme. No matter who you are you are going to spend more time fighting mobs than fighting players. So why make Stealth not work on mobs? Hello? Wake up here.

To me mobs are my "practice". I practice on them to prepare for PvP. I know how to use my orbs based on what I've practiced against mobs. I know how to deal as much damage as I can because I practiced, but with Stealth I can't pratice it unless I fight other players and that is few and far between with all the daily quests and events that go on.

I totally agree with you about being able to use Stealth on mobs. Stealth is what makes an assassin an assassin! Without it we're just warriors with tiny swords and lower defense.

I think Stealth should have a fast cooldown. It doesn't have to be instant cast but it does need to be fast. I think it should have a duration if you can attack and the stealth doesn't break. If it breaks the moment you attack then I think it shouldn't have a duration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world isn't perfect, so play in one that's Forsaken.
  • megamorphosis
    megamorphosis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    FW sin's stealth reminds me of Heroes of 3 kingdoms Talon's stealth.
    Mobs can see u and they attack you...but at least in there, you remained stealth for 5 mins !
    It makes me wonder does the normal mobs have some kinda third eye or mind eye or something which human players doesnt have!they r not as stupid as they look then xD
  • jokereo
    jokereo Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    xsolarx wrote: »
    I do feel your pain, and a few other emotions about this situation. I have a sin as my main and Stealth is completely useless to me. I understand that assassins are meant for PvP, but lets not take it to the extreme. No matter who you are you are going to spend more time fighting mobs than fighting players. So why make Stealth not work on mobs? Hello? Wake up here.

To me mobs are my "practice". I practice on them to prepare for PvP. I know how to use my orbs based on what I've practiced against mobs. I know how to deal as much damage as I can because I practiced, but with Stealth I can't pratice it unless I fight other players and that is few and far between with all the daily quests and events that go on.

I totally agree with you about being able to use Stealth on mobs. Stealth is what makes an assassin an assassin! Without it we're just warriors with tiny swords and lower defense.

I think Stealth should have a fast cooldown. It doesn't have to be instant cast but it does need to be fast. I think it should have a duration if you can attack and the stealth doesn't break. If it breaks the moment you attack then I think it shouldn't have a duration.

ok lol first of all stealth is the most VALUABLE skill you have and if you think about it, you WILL spend more time pvping atleast i do because i dont grind all i do is do gt and fh and other dailes and the mobs are weak enough theres o point in allowing it to work on mobs. If you ned to practice its MUCH better to duel classes then practice on mobs. And about stealth cooldown...how fast do u want it lol it last as long as u stay in u stay in stealth for 30sec and the cd is 30 sec. If you want it less then go shadow tree. And thirdly, attacking while stealthed? come on man lol hat just gives us TOO much of an advantage you have to have SOME challenge....oh and fyi u do get an attck u can use during stealth at 45 hypnosis blade should check it out.
  • xsolarx
    xsolarx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    jokereo wrote: »
    ok lol first of all stealth is the most VALUABLE skill you have and if you think about it, you WILL spend more time pvping atleast i do because i dont grind all i do is do gt and fh and other dailes and the mobs are weak enough theres o point in allowing it to work on mobs. If you ned to practice its MUCH better to duel classes then practice on mobs. And about stealth cooldown...how fast do u want it lol it last as long as u stay in u stay in stealth for 30sec and the cd is 30 sec. If you want it less then go shadow tree. And thirdly, attacking while stealthed? come on man lol hat just gives us TOO much of an advantage you have to have SOME challenge....oh and fyi u do get an attck u can use during stealth at 45 hypnosis blade should check it out.

I agree with you that Stealth is Assassin's most valuable skill. Using Stealth doesn't allow you to kill mobs, so I don't know why you're saying it's like an attack skill. It's a buff and only Stalking Shadow gives you a 16% damage increase. Shadow Protection doesn't.

My main concern is for it to work on mobs. Doing a 16% extra damage on your first strike when attacking a monster (since it breaks after your struck or attack) isn't going to make Assassins over powered. It will give Stealth some use in PvE for the PvE players like me.

Both PvP and PvE players need to be satisfied here and how the Assassin is set up right now, it gives more fun for the PvPers and not the PvEers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world isn't perfect, so play in one that's Forsaken.
  • npramirez
    npramirez Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I understand why some of you are saying the stealth mechanics as they are integrate more opportunities for strategic placement, timing and combat in general. I must remind you again that as the weakest class (once detected), we need no more "opportunities" for strategy. There is plenty of strategy to be found and manipulated. If only our stealth was perfect, the assassin would be the kickass class it's supposed to be.
  • han0894
    han0894 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    xsolarx wrote: »

*cough*..the heck...u practice PvP in PvE(mobs)?...im very confident that many ''sins for life'' or wannabe's like me understand that best way to practice and know about pvp is to duel every class alot and also pking PLAYERS instead of 'pking' or 'dueling' mobs or w/e...and ur talking about the stealth like the gms didnt even made stealth for sins,they just made it in more fun and challenging way like wat sins r supposed to be >:D...otherwise everyone will just reroll as sin and become 'OP' like in pwi raging tides server nearly 79% of ppl their have sins which they rerolled...wat my points is that SIN should b a challenging class to play which is hopefully in this game.
  • riyuko
    riyuko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    npramirez wrote: »
    True.
    Nah. Its casting time is fine as it is. It's called balance. It's already enough that your opponent is about to lose sight of you, and barely has any time to prevent it. (Unless his pet is already heading your way, which I do agree is a problem).
    This isn't PWI. We don't need assassins completely breaking the instance by sneaking past everything they don't feel like fighting.

You move together, or you don't make progress. That's how it should be in an MMO's dungeon. That's what PWI's assassins pretty much murdered. Yes, I know that wasn't what you were going for, but this WILL be the result if that wish was granted so... No, sorry. Just because you wouldn't be a jerk to your team doesn't mean the scrub next door wouldn't.

Your reason for this is...?

To make them broken and abusable in PvP? Cause I promise you that would be the result.

To be exempt from the squad wipe when you guys **** up? Well sorry but if your squad wipes, you wipe. Don't **** up next time. :P

To hide from the PKer you're scared of? That's what safezones are for. Just ask any member of Wicked.

To be more realistic? If you were honestly thinking of that reason, thanks for the lol. There's nothing realistic about being able to literally hide in plain sight for all of eternity. There's nothing balanced about it either, btw.

The only legitimate complaint is the pet issue. Everything else is fine as it is.
  • eaoode
    eaoode Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Tbh, alot of these people are right. Stealth is just plain cheap. It cheats sins out of really leearning the class. Just get some skillz and own your class. Also, it probably wont be "fixed". We don't want another pwi.
  • creolegamer
    creolegamer Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Here's a quick Preview:

i only agree with the first one as it defeats the whole purpose of stealth in the first place ie ppl will know exactly where you are :( the others should provide a different play style from other PW rouge classes (Talons, Assassins, Rayans) and other MMOs as i've read n play'd in the past