Sins need minor tweaks

npramirez
npramirez Posts: 78 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Suggestion Box
I love the Sin class even though most people like to bash them. Sure, they aren't the greatest class in mass PvP and that is a huge part of FW. I get it. But here is the thing. Sins should AT LEAST have one major advantage as a class. They should be able to, almost always, be unseen when they choose to be. For Christ sake, PETS can see us and EVERYONE is allowed a pet so WHAT IS the point of playing a squishy stealth class with the same dmg, if not lower, as a warrior????!!!!!

SO here are a couple things that should be tweaked for sins to have at least the one advantage that they should have as a class.

1. No cast time for stealth..
I mean, assassins should always be hidden and lurking around the bend. This is our trademark. It should be an instant cast spell that we can cast on a moment’s notice.

2. Pets should NOT see us..
Come on PWE, come on. This is absolutely pathetic. I got chased by a warrior who was 8 lvl higher. I saw him coming from a ways away and quickly decided to run. I went stealth and started making my way. To my surprise, he kept chasing anyways? I thought to myself, "Don’t waste your time, man. I'm an assassin. You can't see me. Or at least you shouldn't be able to.". And then I start seeing little attack animations all over my body. WTH?!! The turtle can see me? So I’m not actually invisible? WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW. Then he killed me in 3-4 hits when I have 7k hp.

3. Stealth should have SOME effect on mobs..
Sure, most mobs aren't aggressive but for the ones that are, we should be able to sneak past them if we are careful enough. Again, it is our trademark to be unseen. At least give us that.

4. Stealth should not have a duration..
This is arguably the most annoying concept I've come across with the FW assassin. What idiot decided stealth should have a duration? Especially when the duration is as long as, or longer then the cooldown? You can just click it again. What's the point? Why annoy every assassin by making them constantly click stealth and risk being seen. And for you people going, "well it adds more strategy to playing a sin. Now they need to time their attacks better before their stealth runs out.". Yeah.. because sins need more disadvantages. In a team fight, we have to dodge AoE, hope that nobody’s pet starts chasing us, hope that no aggressive mobs are around and NOW pray that we can find a good opportunity before we "run out of stealth power".

I want to meet the person who designed the stealth mechanics for FW and punch him in the face. It is fundamentally flawed. It makes no sense. You give other classes the same damage with FAR more hp. So what is the point of playing an assassin? You can stealth for a little bit and hope that one of the above 4 events doesn't occur? Do something, PWE. Sins stealth blows. QQ

PS: Go away, trolls. If you disagree then you're main isn't a sin or you haven't played one at all.
Post edited by npramirez on

Comments

• tolichan
    tolichan Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2011
  • bryanfury83
    bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    About no Cast time, it have a weird thing, why it have a cast time? On L2 it's instant, on Daoc the same (just to mention 2 of the bigger games)

About pets, i don't know why, but there may be a reason because they can see you... (or not?), anyway, i don't understand why they see you sincerelly... they should not..

About the mob part, well, it should work on the NORMAL mobs ones, stealth have to be null on bosses and elites only

About duration and effects of the stealth itself.. i can mention the best stealth mode i ever found: DAOC system.
    -The stealth work as that you are stealth until someone comes near to you (or you to them) by less than 5 meters. Then you can be seen (for 3 seconds), like you are a shadow, but you are "thecnically in stealth" (and you still be until someone attack you or you disable it or get away more to 5 meters)
    -The stealth goes away only when you attack or you get an aoe against you (or any skill that null it)

About L2 System the Stealth does have a cooldown to avoid unbalance, but the cooldown is exactly the same as duration, so you are forced to go out of stealth for 2 seconds about (just the time to press it again)

It could be good to mix both to make a good stealth way
  • npramirez
    edited January 2011
    tolichan wrote: »
    Please fill this out.

butthurtreportformb.jpg
    LOLOLOLOL
    About no Cast time, it have a weird thing, why it have a cast time? On L2 it's instant, on Daoc the same (just to mention 2 of the bigger games)

About pets, i don't know why, but there may be a reason because they can see you... (or not?), anyway, i don't understand why they see you sincerelly... they should not..

About the mob part, well, it should work on the NORMAL mobs ones, stealth have to be null on bosses and elites only

About duration and effects of the stealth itself.. i can mention the best stealth mode i ever found: DAOC system.
    -The stealth work as that you are stealth until someone comes near to you (or you to them) by less than 5 meters. Then you can be seen (for 3 seconds), like you are a shadow, but you are "thecnically in stealth" (and you still be until someone attack you or you disable it or get away more to 5 meters)
    -The stealth goes away only when you attack or you get an aoe against you (or any skill that null it)

About L2 System the Stealth does have a cooldown to avoid unbalance, but the cooldown is exactly the same as duration, so you are forced to go out of stealth for 2 seconds about (just the time to press it again)

It could be good to mix both to make a good stealth way

I agree that players should see you if you get close but if the sin is smart, when you are that close to a player you are ready to make your move and it is too late for them to do anything.

As for the duration, it should never exist. It doesn't balance or unbalance anything. It's just annoying.
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The pets see you because they can smell you. Go take a bath! >(
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • goofer
    goofer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    to me stealth should always be an instant cast that works on mobs pets and players and should never last more then a minute, thats just my opinion tho.

plus this is the first time that iv ever heard of s stealth not being instant cast
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    npramirez wrote: »
    I want to meet the person who designed the stealth mechanics for FW and punch him in the face. It is fundamentally flawed. It makes no sense. You give other classes the same damage with FAR more hp. So what is the point of playing an assassin? You can stealth for a little bit and hope that one of the above 4 events doesn't occur? Do something, PWE. Sins stealth blows. QQ

PS: Go away, trolls. If you disagree then you're main isn't a sin or you haven't played one at all.
    They tried to avoid the scenario in PWI where sins are completely broken 1v1.
  • npramirez
    edited January 2011
    Sins were overpowered in PWI because of their **** dmg output. In FW, Warriors can put out more. Sins are no longer overpowered and a **** stealth system doesn't help. If we had AT LEAST a good stealth, we would be almost on par with the rest of the classes.

The only thing that bugs the living *$&$ out of me is that pets can see us. That is the biggest issue. If they fixed nothing else but that I would be totally satisfied. The others are minor tweaks and mostly personal preference. BUT the fact that pets can see an assassin as complete bull.
  • rjperson
    rjperson Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Even though I don't play a bard so I haven't experienced a sin....I totally agree with you....I mean that's what sins are all about.
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tolichan wrote: »
    please Fill This Out.

butthurtreportformb.jpg
    Flawless Victory!

Roflmao!