Moving Combat... Durrr

npramirez
npramirez Posts: 78 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Suggestion Box
I'm positive somebody has posted this somewhere in the Suggestion Box but I cannot stress this enough. FW NEEDS MOVING COMBAT OR IT CANNOT COMPETE WITH THAT OTHER BIG MMORPG! There is no chance at all.

So many people, myself included, are trying to get away from that other big mmorpg and FW has saved the day (almost). Like I posted in a similar thread, the ONLY thing that can keep this game from being better from that game is MOVING COMBAT. At least implement this for marksman. I don't play one but I can't imagine how incredibly annoying it is having to stand there to shoot, even an auto attack, when you are trying to keep your distance at the same time.

Be smart with it. Maybe include a 30% miss chance when firing on the run? I don't know. All I know is that if moving combat isn't implemented in this game, me and so many others will be forced to turn over to other games. Give casters an instant spell like a fire blast, that can be casted while running, jumping or picking their nose. PLAYERS WANT TO FEEL THE FREEDOM! That's the ticket, right there: FREEDOM.

Please, for the love of christ himself, consider this idea.
Post edited by npramirez on

Comments

• ihazcookies
    ihazcookies Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This game doesn't need movement while attacking, it would ruin the game being how it is set up. If you have ever been involved in large pvp, you will know there is still plenty of moving that happens. It is called strategy. Either stand here and attack, or move to try and get orbs and get stronger. This game doesn't need to become that game to compete with it.
    BobZeConqueror
    Wicked
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Oh look it's THIS thread again.

and I agree with BobZe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • npramirez
    edited January 2011
    This game doesn't need movement while attacking, it would ruin the game being how it is set up. If you have ever been involved in large pvp, you will know there is still plenty of moving that happens. It is called strategy. Either stand here and attack, or move to try and get orbs and get stronger. This game doesn't need to become that game to compete with it.

Having moving combat would hardly mean this game "is that game". And like I said, it doesn't need to be crucial spells that can be casted on the move. Possibly just an auto attack (at least for poor marksman) but they could get more creative. Maybe add some slightly weaker spells with larger cooldowns that can be casted on the move. Strategy can take place regardless of moving combat. Chase him and auto attack for weak damage, try to get a couple stand-still hard-hitting spells in or ignore him to get the orbs.
  • npramirez
    edited January 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    Oh look it's THIS thread again.

and I agree with BobZe

Sigh.. people want some more action than standing still, pewpewpew. Once you've played a game with more than just stand-still combat, you get the picture more clearly.
  • tyanara
    edited January 2011
    npramirez wrote: »
    Sigh.. people want some more action than standing still, pewpewpew. Once you've played a game with more than just stand-still combat, you get the picture more clearly.
    Funny thing is before playing PWI and FW I played MMOs with attack+move system ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • npramirez
    edited January 2011
    Funny thing is before playing PWI and FW I played MMOs with attack+move system ijs

well ijs there are still a lot of people who feel naked without it. They just don't seem to be online atm. Stop ganging up on me :)
  • strever
    strever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'm positive somebody has posted this somewhere in the Suggestion Box but I cannot stress this enough. FW NEEDS MOVING COMBAT OR IT CANNOT COMPETE WITH THAT OTHER BIG MMORPG! There is no chance at all.

So many people, myself included, are trying to get away from that other big mmorpg and FW has saved the day (almost). Like I posted in a similar thread, the ONLY thing that can keep this game from being better from that game is MOVING COMBAT. At least implement this for marksman. I don't play one but I can't imagine how incredibly annoying it is having to stand there to shoot, even an auto attack, when you are trying to keep your distance at the same time.

Be smart with it. Maybe include a 30% miss chance when firing on the run? I don't know. All I know is that if moving combat isn't implemented in this game, me and so many others will be forced to turn over to other games. Give casters an instant spell like a fire blast, that can be casted while running, jumping or picking their nose. PLAYERS WANT TO FEEL THE FREEDOM! That's the ticket, right there: FREEDOM.

Please, for the love of christ himself, consider this idea.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

On topic:
    People aren't online in a beta because they don't want to get bored of the game before OBT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me!
    CBT Status: Accepted
    You can run, your little mouth all day. But the hand of god just smacked you back into yesterday. -Godsmack
  • npramirez
    edited January 2011
    strever wrote: »
    One thing, would you like some cheese with that whine?

My mistake.. I thought this was the "Suggestion Box". Durp de durp
  • strever
    edited January 2011
    My mistake.. I thought this was the "Suggestion Box". Durp de durp

It is your mistake, there are already many threads about this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me!
    You can run, your little mouth all day. But the hand of god just smacked you back into yesterday. -Godsmack
  • npramirez
    edited January 2011
    It is your mistake, there are already many threads about this.

And I made another because "Moving" and "Combat" didn't give me any results in the search and I didn't want to sift through 5 billion threads. At least not in the suggestion box section. Maybe I missed it but that's not the point. So repeat or not, it's a suggestion. Thanks.
  • strever
    edited January 2011
    *ahem* http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=58431 Try the second page of the suggestion box lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me!
  • tyanara
    edited January 2011
    well ijs there are still a lot of people who feel naked without it. They just don't seem to be online atm. Stop ganging up on me :)
    lol sorry I don't mind this suggestion even if I disagree with it, except there's been already so much discussion on this. And then you made a false claim that I never experienced the system you suggest.

But really don't think you will get any positive non trolish replies in this thread. I mean if you can't be bothered to look through some threads and see a topic like this was discussed before, what makes you think them people will want to discuss it yet again? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • npramirez
    edited January 2011
    *ahem* http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=58431 Try the second page of the suggestion box lol.

The title doesn't exactly give it away, now does it. You are suggesting I open every thread with PvP in the title and read through it?
  • strever
    edited January 2011
    It said PvP suggestion. Also, I didn't even open the thread. I simply moused over it and read the first couple of lines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me!
  • npramirez
    edited January 2011
    It said PvP suggestion. Also, I didn't even open the thread. I simply moused over it and read the first couple of lines.

Still have to read through it. And yes, it says "PvP Suggestion" but no, this doesn't give it away. There are a lot of "PvP Suggestion" that have nothing to do with moving. There is one line in his post that mentions it. Therefore, I decided to make a new thread instead. Problem solved.
  • npramirez
    edited January 2011
    lol sorry I don't mind this suggestion even if I disagree with it, except there's been already so much discussion on this. And then you made a false claim that I never experienced the system you suggest.

But really don't think you will get any positive non trolish replies in this thread. I mean if you can't be bothered to look through some threads and see a topic like this was discussed before, what makes you think them people will want to discuss it yet again? O.o

People like me who haven't discussed it before? There are newbies on the forums, ya know. I'm not bothered by trolls, just really bored and waiting for the potatoes to be done. Those ****ers take forever. And anyways, he keeps the thread renewed. The longer the title is on the first page, the better.
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011

There's no strategy in 1 vs. 1 battles, you just observe what he/she use and try to interrupt or counter attack him/her. Same goes for the movement system. Only time you can do strategies is when doing guild war or do battleground and use tactic in which one group players will go to hold opposite players while 2 or 3 players going for the flag for example. With that, trying to CC the healers if their DPS'er doesn't put much pressure on your healers and vice versa.
    Just too many Asian games have this system, can at least this game differ from the Asian?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thivus
    thivus Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited January 2011

I originally cared. Now it doesn't matter to me.

What's more important to me is that the PVE server has absolutely nothing PVP oriented in it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    race/Class:Kindred Vampire | Stoneman protector
    Ingame name:MercuryLaumpe | Thivus
  • xsolarx
    xsolarx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I think you have a point. Being able to move around while attacking will make a 2-D fighting style 3-D. (If that's understandable) It will allow for more options and more strategies to unfold. I don't think it would ruin the game, I don't see how it could really. I'm sure it would make PvP more engaging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world isn't perfect, so play in one that's Forsaken.
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    xsolarx wrote: »
    I think you have a point. Being able to move around while attacking will make a 2-D fighting style 3-D. (If that's understandable) It will allow for more options and more strategies to unfold. I don't think it would ruin the game, I don't see how it could really. I'm sure it would make PvP more engaging.

They just want to whine about something. I really like to see this option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • npramirez
    edited January 2011
    xsolarx wrote: »

That's what I mean, yeah. It wouldn't ruin the game, no. BUT FW would gain more players than it would lose by implementing moving combat.
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Let's just ban warrior and Protector from PvP entirely while we're at it :l

As I said in the other topic like this, Moving+Shooting/spellcasting+PvP=Total Obsoletion of all Warriors and Protectors.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • npramirez
    edited January 2011
    Let's just ban warrior and Protector from PvP entirely while we're at it :l

As I said in the other topic like this, Moving+Shooting/spellcasting+PvP=Total Obsoletion of all Warriors and Protectors.

They don't have stuns or charges or slows? Maybe this will require warriors and protectors to possess more skill? If it does become a problem, maybe they could decrease the cooldown on their charges/stun/slows or add more. They're pretty smart, i'm sure they can figure it out. After all, it has been perfected before.. why not PWE?
  • tyanara
    edited January 2011
    They have range stun (prot) and charge (warrior) but with long cooldowns. As it is, it's not really a piece of cake getting to hit a pro kiting mage already, with movement and attack it will probably get to the point of mages owning prots/warriors in a 1v1, while still having AoE and other tricky stuff (like transform)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fayrk
    fayrk Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    this is a PWI clone, so i think we never get a a better pvp system, all the pwi ppl dont want this pvp system change.

if i make some char in this game i think i go to make a range char and no my tank.....

my tank is dead cuz this pvp system suck....

this game have a 1 tank less...
  • npramirez
    edited January 2011
    fayrk wrote: »
    this is a PWI clone, so i think we never get a a better pvp system, all the pwi ppl dont want this pvp system change.

if i make some char in this game i think i go to make a range char and no my tank.....

this game have a 1 tank less...

what?
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011

this game have a 1 bad tank less...
    fixed
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This is a PWI clone, so I don't think we'll ever get a a better pvp system, since all the PWI ppl dont want it to change.

If I make a character in this game I think I'll make a ranged char and not a tank.....

My tank is dead 'cause this pvp system sucks....

This game now has one less tank...

I think I fix'd it.

It's legible now at least :l
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • ionpulsar
    ionpulsar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    yeah moving combat is a good idea for auto attacks and instant skills only. That would hopefully fix the marksman and make him an instant hitter, not a rifle bullet caster like it is now