Which Server's population will most likely be dead?

tocki
tocki Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
i can't decide which server to choose from, since pwe announced an european and an american one, i like playing in english (since it's good for school and stuff)

, but i do think it would be better to play on a server located in EU. (time zone for events &..)

So, my question is, which server are u most likely going to choose/Which do u think will be over/under populated?

This is what i posted on the german forum as well (but it's kinda dead over there, so i wanted to ask ppl here to gather sum opinions)

sorry for my bad english,
i'm from germany;;

Tocki
Post edited by tocki on

Comments

• drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited January 2011
    I dont think any of the servers will be dead, I'm personaly going to join an East Coast once since that's where I am and I won't have to worry about doing time conversions all day
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • godcrusher
    godcrusher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Ditto that, there tends to be a big population in the NA sides, but then FW seems to be immensely popular so maybe both will be just fine. I do hope they have a lower amount of servers though, especially in a game with a big game world I want to actually see tons of players everywhere rather than only in major areas. I mean its inevitable the first few days or weeks of OB will hav ton of players, but those population will jsut drain when people get bored or those who dislike the game leaves.
  • mk16
    mk16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    On Vin, the East server was always crashing - possibly due to the amount of players. Seems foreigners usually choose USA-east servers.

PVP servers will be the most "dead". All the PVE servers, every one of them, will be packed and full of grinding bots and carebears and aren't the least bit endangered.
    Banned for no reason on -two- accounts, thanks PWE
  • powersoul
    powersoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    mk16 wrote: »
    PVP servers will be the most "dead". All the PVE servers, every one of them, will be packed and full of grinding bots and carebears and aren't the least bit endangered.

Is FW going to have pve/pvp server separation? That doesn't seem like something PWE would do. But I haven't really looked into that so I don't know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • atelosin
    atelosin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    u will speak english on any server u will play so u dont have to worry about that + i doubt u learn american english at school.. remember UK is in europe and thats where real english is spoken.

i also like making french and italian friends to help me with my homework so i will play on european server.
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    powersoul wrote: »
    Is FW going to have pve/pvp server separation? That doesn't seem like something PWE would do. But I haven't really looked into that so I don't know.

Yep PWE do pve server or channel usually . . o.o . .
    And even some of their games that have free pk map . . didn't really matter since it was so easy to escape or hard to meet a pk (other than the ones grief waiting on portal)

And i think what most people worried about region server isn't what the language used or from where country are the players, but more to time for the events.
    I remember on a mmorpg before there a pet exchange quest, i usually got lot lucks somehow for that event (chosen 3 times in a row from random pick on 3 events ) but have to wake up on 2 ~ 3 Am -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • godcrusher
    godcrusher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    American English spoken not just in America :P
  • megalomaniacs
    megalomaniacs Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    godcrusher wrote: »
    American English spoken not just in America :P
    Most countries teach British-English rather than American-English, especially in Europe. I'm Icelandic and I learn British-English.
    I don't know about any countries that teach American-English, but feel free to enlighten me.
    Note, Canada, Australia, New Zealand ect. speak their own distinctive English, and they are not taught in other countries.
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Canada has a distinctive English? I suppose if you live in the Vancouver area you can consider it 'distinctive English'...

Anyway, East servers tend to have a larger population at least in their other titles but I don't think any will be considered "dead" anytime soon.

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Don't forget engrish xD
    Usually if everyone using the complete words and not shorten it up with the unofficial ones
    people can understand what the other say o.o . .

And i think what thread starter want to talk isn't just about language (since he state that he want to talk in english) but time events because of region time for specific server o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • megalomaniacs
    megalomaniacs Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    deathbunny wrote: »
    Canada has a distinctive English? I suppose if you live in the Vancouver area you can consider it 'distinctive English'...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_English

"Canadian English contains elements of British English and American English in its vocabulary, as well as many distinctive "Canadianisms". In many areas, speech is influenced by French, and there are notable local variations."

;)
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_English

"Canadian English contains elements of British English and American English in its vocabulary, as well as many distinctive "Canadianisms". In many areas, speech is influenced by French, and there are notable local variations."

;)
    I was joking my friend. Joking.

I'll let the thread go back to server population then.

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • powersoul
    powersoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    mirrai wrote: »
    Yep PWE do pve server or channel usually . . o.o . .
    And even some of their games that have free pk map . . didn't really matter since it was so easy to escape or hard to meet a pk (other than the ones grief waiting on portal)

And i think what most people worried about region server isn't what the language used or from where country are the players, but more to time for the events.
    I remember on a mmorpg before there a pet exchange quest, i usually got lot lucks somehow for that event (chosen 3 times in a row from random pick on 3 events ) but have to wake up on 2 ~ 3 Am -_-

Well yeah but what he implied was that there would be two different East servers. One for pvp and one for pve. I know about channeled pve/pvp(ESO) and open world with safe zones(PW) but I didn't think they would do a complete separation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tocki
    tocki Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    thanks for all the replies.
    i think i'll try both, the only thing i'm afraid of is dat Eu server might get a lil deserted.
    since lots of them will go on us server..

and about teh english thing, yeah, they teach us british english. but it still helps alot just reading quests and stuff, i reckon the shortcuts are bit confusing.

but ever since i started playing english mmorpgs i got a lot better in english.
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I live in Europe but I won't go to EU server because of the community, even though I'd like some less lag x.x

So I will go East Coast server instead. I hate EU communities because they always separate themselves into national type of guilds, and those are usually the only ones successful on such servers. Eh anyway, this was my experience on an EU server in another game, but I also read similar stories from others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sassiangel
    sassiangel Posts: 80
    edited January 2011
    mk16 wrote: »
    On Vin, the East server was always crashing - possibly due to the amount of players. Seems foreigners usually choose USA-east servers.

Just because some of us like to lvl and do our quests rather than be farmed over and over for pk kills doesnt make us all carebears really ... -.- get your facts straight
  • bunnypirates
    bunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    In fact the Europe server will be pretty crowded if the guild leaders really follow a certain guild, like they said they would do when there was some confusion/rage/drama at the forums. <3
    Though I hope all the drama will stay somewhere else. I seriously don't feel like playing a game that sounds like... The Days of Our Lives. If I want drama, I'll watch tv. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O:
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If you mean Legends they quit a long time ago in phase 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.