character movement and spell use

ylanday69
ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
hi

i am, like many others, hexed with the point and click abilities curse.

now with movement, turning does not turn your camera with you, is there an option to change this? i've only played cn version and can barely figure anything out.

you cant move while casting instant abilities. pvp is gunna be stand still, almost turn based? this is gunna be horrible. i can see my self running up to another player and we just stand there hitting each other, not moving or anything.

i see pve issues too, im going to play a stoneman. so i'll be up front in a dungeon tankin, a mob slips away, (remember the point n click curse) i turn to catch it n cant see where im going without holding the right mouse button.

im not hatin, im expressing genuine concerns for a game i otherwise love. im in the r1ft b3ta and look where i am, back here at forsaken world ;)

much love
Post edited by ylanday69 on

Comments

• darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ylanday69 wrote: »
    hi

now with movement, turning does not turn your camera with you, is there an option to change this? i've only played cn version and can barely figure anything out.

you cant move while casting instant abilities. pvp is gunna be stand still, almost turn based? this is gunna be horrible. i can see my self running up to another player and we just stand there hitting each other, not moving or anything.

i see pve issues too, im going to play a stoneman. so i'll be up front in a dungeon tankin, a mob slips away, (remember the point n click curse) i turn to catch it n cant see where im going without holding the right mouse button.

im not hatin, im expressing genuine concerns for a game i otherwise love. im in the r1ft b3ta and look where i am, back here at forsaken world ;)

much love

Well i dunno where you got turn based from, theres no turns in FW o.O
    Not being able to cast whilst moving doesnt mean people sit in the one spot and pew pew at each other, tactically if you do that your going to lose most likely.
    People kite each other, which involves moving around, all the time. Even warrior vs protector usually wouldnt just stand there n wack each other, they move as well, so its not just a caster thing.
    Most pvp in FW is guild vs guild, or mass pvp.

Tab button will target the closest mob, tab again-second closest etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    hi

much love

point and click....alright

movement+attack wish it would happen but at this point of development its not going to happen.

Trion world's game is pretty good,I played it.....Thats all im going to say about "that game".
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Even warrior vs protector usually wouldnt just stand there n wack each other, they move as well, so its not just a caster thing.
    True, anyone who doesn't move away from a prot when he uses Rocky Protection is stupid lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    hi

much love

About the PvP movement option you have a thread in the suggestion forum section, but yeah, I'd like to see this kind of movement. Btw, there were many misunderstanding about this movement because most of them haven't tried a game with this kind of movement system.
    Well i dunno where you got turn based from, theres no turns in FW o.O
    Not being able to cast whilst moving doesnt mean people sit in the one spot and pew pew at each other, tactically if you do that your going to lose most likely.
    People kite each other, which involves moving around, all the time. Even warrior vs protector usually wouldnt just stand there n wack each other, they move as well, so its not just a caster thing.
    Most pvp in FW is guild vs guild, or mass pvp.

Tab button will target the closest mob, tab again-second closest etc.

And once again kite is misused in the way of PvP. Kite means someone not to get near you, to be under snare effects or slowed so he/she can never reach you. And the other point, there is no tactic when playing 1vs1 only need to know your class and when to counter-attack back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bryanfury83
    bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    hi

much love
    Movement+Attacks, Bunnyhopping and many more bulls.hits are not gonna happen.

If you do just stay and take all the hits, and die, well, you are playing wrong.
  • ylanday69
    edited January 2011
    didnt say i would stand there and take the hits, just saying there isnt much a melee class can do, kite? for how long? shall i not bother hitting the enemy at all?
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lol, try to kite a melee class. unless you have constant slow/freeze on your opponent its almost impossible to kite melee classes here
  • poaka
    poaka Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    the thing i hated about aion was the fact they had move+attack and ranged/ mage chars had an advantage by kiting and if ur meele ur screwed cus you cant catch up lol....and the meeles had like 1 skill each that let then tele to the opponent which had ha huggge cooldown...

my opinion is i like the still movement while skills happen because the kiting does get quite frustrating for people who enjoy meele chars like me (maybe unless they made it so meele classes ran a lil faster so we have a chance ofcourse)

also i was wondering about the camera movement with A,D keys also... is it to late in the games making to implement this??? or is there a way to configure my comp to maybe change rightclick+right to D key??? (mee computer noobness)

and sorry for bringing another game into this if its not allowed....i just needed a way to explain myself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In darkness theres always a light to lead the way...

In light, darkness hides in the shadows.....
  • ouriel125
    edited January 2011
    poaka wrote: »
    the thing i hated about aion was the fact they had move+attack and ranged/ mage chars had an advantage by kiting and if ur meele ur screwed cus you cant catch up lol....and the meeles had like 1 skill each that let then tele to the opponent which had ha huggge cooldown...

my opinion is i like the still movement while skills happen because the kiting does get quite frustrating for people who enjoy meele chars like me (maybe unless they made it so meele classes ran a lil faster so we have a chance ofcourse)

also i was wondering about the camera movement with A,D keys also... is it to late in the games making to implement this??? or is there a way to configure my comp to maybe change rightclick+right to D key??? (mee computer noobness)

and sorry for bringing another game into this if its not allowed....i just needed a way to explain myself

Well, the only kiters are frost mages most of the time and hunters, no one else. Every class have it's own counter-class keep that in mind, plus if a player plays better than you doesn't mean you to get frustrated. Have you played, uhm WoW on 60/70/80 or 85 any of the end-game levels? If you do, then every class can beat every other class, of course there advantages and disadvatanges but, still it is balanced between them. ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ylanday69
    edited January 2011
    with a reasonably well educated guess id say only the ranged classes would actually gain anything from kiting, i clearly stated im a melee class.

i would agree that small amounts of movement between attacks would be plausible, tho when it comes to the crunch i have no choice but to get in his/her face to attack. unless i decide to stop attacking the target, i cant really go far can i.

i didnt think pvp was meant to be based on NOT attacking the target.
  • kinhei
    kinhei Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Edit: Never mind... I think I'm confused with something else.
  • quthanh
    quthanh Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    with a reasonably well educated guess id say only the ranged classes would actually gain anything from kiting, i clearly stated im a melee class.

i would agree that small amounts of movement between attacks would be plausible, tho when it comes to the crunch i have no choice but to get in his/her face to attack. unless i decide to stop attacking the target, i cant really go far can i.

i didnt think pvp was meant to be based on NOT attacking the target.

It would be nice to be able to run and cast spells/attack at the same time. Not every games have this feature.
  • npramirez
    npramirez Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    PWE would be smart to implement moving combat into this game. I can tell you that a HUGE portion of the playerbase will move to an mmo with moving combat (you know which game i'm talking about). As much as I hate that game, which must not be named, the ONLY thing (but it's a HUGE thing) that I miss dearly is, of course, moving combat. It feels R E T A R D E D without it! Please, PWE.. you've made a spectacular game, now take the last step to compete with the competition.
  • svampdamp
    svampdamp Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    A game without speed is a boring game.

The pvp in world of wacraft should be a role model. Have you ever seen a rogue and a warrior standing still just hitting eachother?
  • tyanara
    edited January 2011
    I have played Runes of Magic which was considered a "WoW clone" and it did have move+attack, and no sorry I prefer FW's system. You don't have to stand still all the time, you just don't have to MOVE all the time like in RoM/WoW (which is stupid)

Not to mention animations would look so r3tarded with move+attack
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ouriel125
    edited January 2011
    npramirez wrote: »
    PWE would be smart to implement moving combat into this game. I can tell you that a HUGE portion of the playerbase will move to an mmo with moving combat (you know which game i'm talking about). As much as I hate that game, which must not be named, the ONLY thing (but it's a HUGE thing) that I miss dearly is, of course, moving combat. It feels R E T A R D E D without it! Please, PWE.. you've made a spectacular game, now take the last step to compete with the competition.

99% of them don't know about this game so...
    Oh and they don't play these games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • svampdamp
    svampdamp Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    I have played Runes of Magic which was considered a "WoW clone" and it did have move+attack, and no sorry I prefer FW's system. You don't have to stand still all the time, you just don't have to MOVE all the time like in RoM/WoW (which is stupid)

Not to mention animations would look so r3tarded with move+attack

Its not stupid, a melee should always stay behind a caster for an example, a rogue behind any class. A caster should always stand close to a hunter. All classes are bound to use the enviorement to hide from incomming caster/hunter attacks. That is a living pvp system, slow pvp is a dead pvp system.
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Just pointing something out.

Moving+Shooting/spellcasting=warrior/protector made obsolete in PVP.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • tyanara
    edited January 2011
    Not mentioning that moving+attacking is a bit stupid in PvE too, for example in RoM I know of a mage who posted a vid about soloing Regin (last boss in an end game instance) up to 25% when he starts doing some nasty things. Just because he could run away constantly and use fireball to dd him once in a while.

Yes it took ages but it shows how wrong that system is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ylanday69
    edited January 2011
    im slowly warming to the idea, never played a non-movement combat game before.

starting to agree that it would render the animations obsolete.

adds a lil more strategy to fights rather that who can strafe circles the best on certain pings, not actually sure who's better off here, the most or least laggy?
    EDIT: im an aussie so it matters when pvping US peeps

evens the play field a little between ranged and melee classes, pretty much renders kiting usless unless you count minimal movements as kiting, im sure kiting would work more with ranged vs ranged tho.
  • ouriel125
    edited January 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    Not mentioning that moving+attacking is a bit stupid in PvE too, for example in RoM I know of a mage who posted a vid about soloing Regin (last boss in an end game instance) up to 25% when he starts doing some nasty things. Just because he could run away constantly and use fireball to dd him once in a while.

Yes it took ages but it shows how wrong that system is.

If that happens in that game doesn't mean it will happen in other games. Probably that boss is poorly scripted unlikely in some other games where the script concept is a bit more complexed. Go roam on youtube and see the 12 mil. player base game, or simply visit the website for showing off clips of that game warcraftmovies.com(I hope pointing at website is not forbiden). If you want some famous players melee and range, type Klynda(warrior), Kalmist(rogue), Vimpe(warlock), Adouken(warlock) and see them and compare the movement option or if you want to see some raid fights click the ScrubBusters vs. Maloriak 25 heroic mode for clear knowledge of their raid encounters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.