Forum Fail

xephona
xephona Posts: 17 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Technical Support Zone
Crab needs to really stop messing with user permissions.....

Logged into forums = no signatures at all
Logged out of forums = OMGWTFBBQ they are all there

Logged in =
21engr4.jpg

Logged out =
qrhkcx.jpg

EDIT: Pretty sure that crab meant to BLOCK my ability to have a sig after making fun of shelly.... but seriously? The OPPOSITE affect? Wouldn't it be easier just to ASK me to stop? Or mayhaps give a WARNING like everyone else receives?
Post edited by xephona on
fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=76401

Comments

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I believe removing a signature serves as a warning, but I'll make sure to pass that to crabclaw. As for the user-groups, its a known issue they are working on.
  • xephona
    edited January 2011
    I believe removing a signature serves as a warning, but I'll make sure to pass that to crabclaw. As for the user-groups, its a known issue they are working on.

I believe you are wrong, because he banned my **** then removed the sig. I have received ZERO official warnings and FOUR bans (month long) in a one week time period (yes, on THIS account).

EDIT: as for the user groups thing... yea. Crab shouldn't be messing with that AT ALL. Myself and one other seem to be the only ones with the "Beta Tester" user-group. And both of us were banned, and apparently unbanned when we got this group (which we didn't chose... he just added it for some ungodly reason). And things have been screwy ever since... Such as being able to see the admin/mod rooms... and now lack of sigs. Apparently "Beta Tester" in this case means "lets use them as test dummies for **** with the forum"
  • arilzia
    arilzia Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ^
    This, and wow.. Didnt know she was still alive.
    Because I could not stop for Death-he kindly stopped for
    me-the carriage held but just Ourselves-and Immortality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig credit: Discordia
  • stacyraven
    stacyraven Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    xephona wrote: »
    I believe you are wrong, because he banned my **** then removed the sig. I have received ZERO official warnings and FOUR bans (month long) in a one week time period (yes, on THIS account).

You've been "banned" 4 times? That sounds like four warnings to me. lol Wow, sounds like they are giving you a LOT of chances. To me that would be a sign that's loud and clear about maybe NOT disobeying the rules of conduct on the forums, or else risk getting perma-banned. But that's just me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fully alive ♥ More than most ♥ Ready to smile and love life ~Flyleaf
  • xephona
    edited January 2011
    stacyraven wrote: »
    You've been "banned" 4 times? Wow, sounds like they are giving you a LOT of chances. To me that would be a sign that's loud and clear about maybe NOT disobeying the rules of conduct on the forums, or else risk getting perma-banned. But that's just me.

Actually, they just keep **** up. Bans are bans, warnings are warnings. I.E. most people are warned in thread (like Krogger in the RQ alliance thread), some are warned in PMs.

Basic story was...

Troll guild forum.... ban for 30 days

Crab gives weird user permission... unbanned (accident?)

I notice and post normal stuff, not trolling... banned for 30 days (crab realizing accident)

Crab messes with permissions again... unbanned (accident)

I pm Crab and tell him that the user permission changing= unbanned... BANNED AGAIN

Somehow am unbanned again... probably an accident, so I post some more... IP BANNED

Get pissed off at laptop cause the WIFI doesn't feel like working and purge everything on the comp and start with a fresh OS, my IP address changes in the process... oh look, unbanned. and now sigs don't appear.

EDIT: a few times in there I either make fun of shelly and have a sig of it(first ban), make a 2nd sig which is perfectly fine... but includes a comment about crab deleting my sig FOR making fun of shelly (2nd or 3rd ban). So yea... I probably did deserve a ban... but I also equally deserved a proper warning. Hell, he PERMABANNED an alt account that I used to PM a moderator about forum bugs, no posts at all.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Anyway xephona, I will forward this to crabclaw - I agree anyone deserves a warning or a notice. The sub-groups is something that is being tested and will be fixed as soon as possible... They're very much aware of it.