test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Design a skill contest winners

Comments

• drakenfyredrakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited December 2010
    lodor333 wrote: »
    THe reality i am talking about is in actual game design range, not if something is fake or real in real life terms.

sorry, but your skill would make the vampire race too strong, and also having X amount of thralls is just like having extra pets running around...if you really need all these thralls doing the fighting for you, then you might be playing the wrong class
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • ezmeraldaezmeralda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Like I said before sore loser on not people should know how badly run this contest was.

wat

They just said 'submit a skill you have till Wednesday' and that's pretty much all they really needed. :\
  • lodor333lodor333 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    melnii wrote: »
    It took a little time with the last contest too, and as long noone can login yet there shouldn't be something wrong (start worrying when you're the only one who can't login yet X3).

Erm Lodor, you may think your skill was epic win, but that's your subjective point of view. Why can't you just be happy for the ones who got in? Not everyone can win.

I never said mine was "epic win". I even said half were worse that won that means half were better also if you do the simple math.
  • anxtanxt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ohh well, another fail. I really need to stop looking and hoping for something so silly.

later all
  • captainlcaptainl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Sore loser or not its stupid run contests that do not even closely follow reality that shows how dumb some people are.

Go through all the winners entries and youll see how many shouldnt of even got close to being selected.

It is also funny how the original thread was unstickied and removed now so people cant actually cross refference how bad the selections are.

The sticky was probably removed for this exact purpose. To prevent people from crossing the judge's assessment and creating additional threads (for moderators to remove) containing a whole lot of whining from sore losers.
  • neverending11neverending11 Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well at least i won! =) i'll just have to wait ^^
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081288000&dateline=1292920613[/SIGPIC]

Special Thanks To Kaos For My Signature!

ACCEPTED FOR THE PHASE TWO CONTEST THANKS CRABCLAW!

Don't Steal My Leeks!
  • falsatefalsate Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Like I said before sore loser on not people should know how badly run this contest was.

Only because you didn't get in?
    or because of the long wait and after such a time you still didn't get picked.

I am not just saying this because I did win. but you could atleast be a little bit more
    normal to the people who did win or be sad with the people who didn't.
    show some sympathy
  • closeshotcloseshot Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    lol i think thats me on the winners list unless crabclaw spelled my name wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    drakenfyre wrote: »
    sorry, but your skill would make the vampire race too strong, and also having X amount of thralls is just like having extra pets running around...if you really need all these thralls doing the fighting for you, then you might be playing the wrong class

Too strong? Its on a 10m timer. Have you not played any other mmos besides PWI ones?

If the kindred were to get a racial like the above every other race would get a 10m racial also.

People not understanding the above shows how a contest like this should never be done because the mass majority of people cant read past whats infront of them.
  • ishlandirishlandir Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yeah we all should wait a bit before we can join, we are winners and should drink alcohol right now before we go play.

*NEXT ROUND IS ON ME LADIES AND GENTLEMAN*
    Ishlandir - Member of Empire - Protector

[SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/117v2ia.png[/SIGPIC]
  • dekciwdekciw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Finally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    falsate wrote: »
    Only because you didn't get in?
    or because of the long wait and after such a time you still didn't get picked.

I am not just saying this because I did win. but you could atleast be a little bit more
    normal to the people who did win or be sad with the people who didn't.
    show some sympathy

Sympathy doesnt belong with stupidity.
  • falsatefalsate Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ishlandir wrote: »
    Yeah we all should wait a bit before we can join, we are winners and should drink alcohol right now before we go play.

*NEXT ROUND IS ON ME LADIES AND GENTLEMAN*

Ha! I'll keep you on that!
  • neverending11neverending11 Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    At last, the results! I have exactly 105 names here, all of which submitted a skill idea in the recent contest thread that I either found cool, well thought out, amusing, or all of the above. Unfortunately, I cant choose everyone (this would be ideal, as I'm sure all would agree), but I can atleast make this a record number of chosen winners.

Anyways, excellent work to everyone with their submissions, I was very impressed as usual with the turnout, and the creativity expressed in this contest was great. Without further ado, the winners:

neverending11 - WooHoo First On The List, Thanks Crabclaw!
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081288000&dateline=1292920613[/SIGPIC]

Special Thanks To Kaos For My Signature!

ACCEPTED FOR THE PHASE TWO CONTEST THANKS CRABCLAW!

Don't Steal My Leeks!
    edited December 2010
    Everybody ignore loren and get yourself one of the alcoholic beverages I have just been spreading out as the next round was on me (:

• thivusthivus Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    malfor77 wrote: »
    hey (ishlandir) can u get me in with Empire....if so let me know pls

See their guild thread. Go to their web site and fill in an application. If they like you, you'll be accepted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    race/Class:Kindred Vampire | Stoneman protector
    Ingame name:MercuryLaumpe | Thivus
  • xsolarxxsolarx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I WON!! OMG I WON! I WON!! I'm so happy!! I worked SOO hard on my skill. Constantly editing and re-editing for the whole 3 days the event was out! I'm so glad my hard work has paid off! ='D!

Thank you Crab! You're amazing! <333
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world isn't perfect, so play in one that's Forsaken.
  • scarletwitchscarletwitch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010

So in reality, your skill wasn't all that well thought out, creative, awesome, godly, and many other adjectives to describe grandeur. You are just hyping it up because you feel bad about losing.

Take it like a man. You're just acting like a kid about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Astarte
    Home: Blackcard
    Position: I am a BlackCard Queen, I can do anything
    Race: Kindred
    Class: Mage
    Job: Tamer!
    edited December 2010
    thivus wrote: »
    See their guild thread. Go to their web site and fill in an application. If they like you, you'll be accepted

Yeah I contacted him through PM, is a more decent way to handle stuff like this. Thanks for awnsering his question anyway thivus (:

• kelvin120kelvin120 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Aff never win = (
    I was so bad? :( [Page 25]
  • berasberas Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Everybody ignore loren and get yourself one of the alcoholic beverages I have just been spreading out as the next round was on me (:

But but D: What about the under aged kiddies? They'l try to take it all D:
    [SIGPIC]http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6817/beras.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Strever for the Siggie~
  • rqwaterrqwater Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I was unable to participate in this event due to a knee injury, may I get in by default?
  • rhcpmikeyrhcpmikey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Since your from Holland too and you can't play yet, you could deliver the beer :).
    Zironako - level 60 - control wizard
    Lucience - level 16 - trickster rogue
    Dragon server
  • kylookyloo Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Awesome I don't get to play. Back to the xbox.
    edited December 2010
    beras wrote: »
    But but D: What about the under aged kiddies? They'l try to take it all D:

I feel like I should be very irresponsible and get them all drunk, loren33 can clean up their trash. He has nothing to do anyway till Phase 3 starts.

No offense loren!

edited December 2010
    So in reality, your skill wasn't all that well thought out, creative, awesome, godly, and many other adjectives to describe grandeur. You are just hyping it up because you feel bad about losing.

Hardly any of the above.
  • immortisimmortis Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Someone say party at Ishlandir's :P
  • melniimelnii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010

+1

Seriously dude. YOU think your skills should have won, obviously not everyone thought that (including the one who picked the winners), hence you didn't win. Sure your skill is not bad, but really it isn't THAT good either. You're just made you didn't win, and that's fine but don't go bashing the whole contest just because you didn't in, it makes you sound like a kid not getting it the way he wants.

Edit: BUT, I shall not ruin this happy tread with this one poster being mad. 8D I bring the cake, which is for once not a lie!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is Onomatomania, my avatar thing is messed up.
  • immortisimmortis Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    kyloo wrote: »
    Awesome I don't get to play. Back to the xbox.

Many people moved on to the xbox360s herd it was tons of fun and more beautiful looking graphics. lol
    edited December 2010
    melnii wrote: »
    I shall not ruin this happy tread with this one poster being mad. 8D I bring the cake, which is for once not a lie!

Sounds like I am hosting the party with melnii! I will take care of the alcoholic beverages and melnii will get his hands dirty by making cake and pie (:

Cookie lovers can haz cookiez baked!

This discussion has been closed.