New faction implementation + storyline(Westernized style).

ouriel125
ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Suggestion Box
READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING NOT RELATED TO THIS TOPIC!

As I read the storyline of this game, there should've been an 2 faction side implementation. The good side(Tytan, Vyda and Illyfue), bad side(Mylvaga and Dysil/Strom Lord).
The need of the other faction is that the PvP will be more polished(not PK, but PvP). Battlegrounds where you will have to kill the enemies who threaten you and the fall of your kingdom(not like now where you have to kill players from your very own same faction). Arenas, where few players will fight for their glory and survival.

As we can see, Mylvada and Strom Lord are the negative side of this story. Those, I presume that Mylvada and Strom Lord will be the end-game content bosses.
But from here, I'll try to make an a storyline that may drive them as the leaders of the new faction, the Dark Faction.

STORYLINE

As Mylvada and Strom Lord are preparing for their attack on Eyrda, they've decided to recruit new races as their defenders and servants. The evil mighty god Mylvada recruit two new races Goblins and the Orcs, as for Strom Lord he decided to recruit the Werewolfs and the Ogres.
Those new races were created to help them out in the battle for Eyrda as the new wave approaches for the second attack.
The goblins - are little temperament and annoying creatures. They are hard-working intelligent creatures. They mine, they create stuffs, they are good with engineering. They now joined the Dark Faction of Mylvada and Strom Lord and will help them in the battles against the Light Faction.
They have no homes, are wanderers, dwelling temporarily in mossy cracks in rocks and tree roots.
The orcs are honored and brutal warriors and are always in high numbers. They live in a caves and dark forests. They are fearless warriors that joined the Dark Faction of Mylvada and Strom Lord.
The werewolfs - they have superhuman strength and senses. They transform from human into werewolf, they also feed with blood(more characterizing the vampire class).
The ogres - are large, cruel, monstrous and hideous humanoid creatures. They live with the Orc together. They have strong body and joined with Mylvada and Strom Lord against the Light Faction.(Lack on knowing the ogre culture).
As they gathering their new soldiers Mylvada and Strom Lord are getting aided from the last unsuccessful battle. As the second wave of attack approaches, this time Strom Lord is finally uniting with Mylvada where they grow stronger and stronger.
To be continued...

This is yet an suggestion, that I think it's still unfinished by my side, please give some feedback on the storyline that I've created and about the two faction sides. PLEASE NO IMMATURE COMMENTS!
I would like to say thanks for having time reading this post.
Post edited by ouriel125 on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• vampywiz21
    vampywiz21 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The problem: This would require a complete re-design the game.

the developers will not do this.
  • drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited December 2010
    vampywiz21 wrote: »

I fully agree with this
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • ouriel125
    edited December 2010
    vampywiz21 wrote: »

Well, that's the main problem. But still non-faction based PvP is kinda... lame. o0

EDIT: I'm always late with ideas lawl. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thivus
    thivus Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    If I wanted to play WoW, I'd be playing WoW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    race/Class:Kindred Vampire | Stoneman protector
    Ingame name:MercuryLaumpe | Thivus
  • ouriel125
    edited December 2010
    What have this to do with WoW? Because I mentioned Orcs, Goblins, Werewolf and Ogres? Those creatures are in most MMORPG/RPG games. Topic says "Westernized", so western creatures.

Other thing, this could be implemented with a patch. Of course if it's accepted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ishlandir
    ishlandir Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I am sorry but I just do not see this happening. The game is great as it is and to be honest the storyline is just there for a few people. It does not matter as it is a PvP game and the game will not ''live'' around it's storyline anyway.

Just my 2 cents though.
    Ishlandir - Member of Empire - Protector

[SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/117v2ia.png[/SIGPIC]
  • omgiamsexy
    omgiamsexy Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I don't really agree with everything the OP says but I would love to see an awesome story line or maybe have like really fun quests implemented everyone once in a while. It would make the game a lot more fun and I love to pk/pvp but I enjoy fun quests as much as the next carebear =D. Unfortunately most games like this can never get past the mail man and kill x mobs quests. Although i think this game has slightly better quests then that. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Let the Flames of Rebirth guide you...
    Guild: Phoenix
    Main: Bard
    [Check The "Phoenix" FW Forums Thread]
  • ouriel125
    edited December 2010
    @ishlandir - I appointed the storyline just for a new faction, it would make the game a lot more interesting than having single faction, and it was not abount being PvP or not PvP game, but about the faction side that would make the PvP more interesting instead of killing your own "allies" let's say it that way.

@omgiamsexy - The game already has a storyline and I just try to make to implement one more faction. ;-)
    Indeed, I also love doing interesting quests, with interesting story in them. And when I heard that you can run out of your "primary" quests, you need to do "side" quests or events, which here really brokes my heart for this game. ;(
    Side note: I really wonder how players like to level for 5-6 months, it's a game dammit, not my second life to level up that much. ;(
    Probably they are from CN(no offense) and are playing both versions and complain about our suggestion and culture(just my thought).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fenrina
    fenrina Posts: 336
    edited December 2010
    Given how they implimented another faction in JD... I don't see this adding much. In JD, the Athan war with Humans ended up being strictly for npcs and special locations/times.

Really, faction vs faction idea would have worked better if they had designed the game around it. They didn't, and given how the game currently works, they'd probably do like they did in JD to support another faction. Can't blame them: they'd have to recreate alot to make this work.
  • ouriel125
    edited December 2010
    The faction in JD didn't quite work, as the Athan's weren't quite well oriented against the other faction.
    Not quite well planned by their team.
    About the factions, I meant something like WoW/WAR/DAoC. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xsolarx
    xsolarx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I agree with you. I think the evil gods should have created their own races that all have an "appetite for destruction". Yes, this means redesigning the whole game, but hey, thats not a bad thing. It would make the game 10 times better than it already is (and its a great game already). It would also make PvP more fun and not mindless.

Honestly, in my oppinion I think every game should have an evil side players can join. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a PvP game that made sense. I don't like killing people even if it is over a game, but if you give me a reason to or it is the only way I can level up in the game then you can bet I'll be cracking some skulls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world isn't perfect, so play in one that's Forsaken.
  • noobvybz
    noobvybz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    remember the game is now coming out, and in the future there will be expansions so i expect them to build classes based on the evil people, just like in JD, when i first released it was only the human factions, but then they introduced the Demi God factions. I would assume it may be the same in FW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    The most painful thing to experience is not defeat but regret.

WOOO!!! COME PLAY STARCRAFT 2 WIT MEE!!

NAME: Nikhil

CODE: 609
  • sumofishy
    sumofishy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    how about you get a job at PWE, and program a new PvP system, crapload of races and probably classes- more skills, and deal with all the whiners who complain about the new system.

its too big of a job, and knowing PWE they would rather make an entire new game than edit an old one to be cooler.

look im not trying to be mean, i really like your story line and ideas, but its just a little too much..
    Not in CB1 or 2... >.<
    I don't think I'm wanted in FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priestess
    sumofishy
    Alchemist/Tamer
  • ouriel125
    edited December 2010
    The PvP system will stay the same, untouched. Only the story will be changed and the new races would be implemented. But as they are a gaming company, their job is to do contents, new classes, updating/making new stories and that's what they get paid for it.
    Also as I mentioned in the previous page, they can create a patch and if the idea is accepted, they can implement it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mk16
    mk16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Factions make pvp games blow. Aion, WoW and every other faction game I'm too lazy to list is proof of that.
    L2 did it best with the no factions + karma/exp loss/item dropping, minus some stupidity like instant bsoe etc.
    Banned for no reason on -two- accounts, thanks PWE
  • ouriel125
    edited December 2010
    I did not understand what you tried to said on the second sentance. ;(
    Plus that I haven't played L2 nor Aion. ;(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • poaka
    poaka Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ouriel125 wrote: »
    What have this to do with WoW? Because I mentioned Orcs, Goblins, Werewolf and Ogres? Those creatures are in most MMORPG/RPG games. Topic says "Westernized", so western creatures.

Other thing, this could be implemented with a patch. Of course if it's accepted.

i agree with you i hate it how people just judge things just because wow so called did it....
    grow up ppl we cant make up our own type of monsters all the time lol

oh and also Aion did the same system as OP has been mentioning it was quite fun and it would be enjoyable.....but also i think it would take a total reroll and every1 would complain "pretend" to leave PWE forever ect ect....as most ppl on this forum already do lol

good idea just might be hard to implement into this game :( (well i could be wrong and probly am who know :O!>!>)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In darkness theres always a light to lead the way...

In light, darkness hides in the shadows.....
  • xreinhart
    xreinhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    At level 80 or whatever the final cap will be, they could open a massive zone, only for capped. To enter the zone you would have to complete a faction quest. Make it three just for effect, like Daoc.

Join your faction, and you access various benefits, special faction specific mounts, titles, repeatable quests, armor, and fashion.

You need rep for you faction, which you can spend on the above. To get rep, you kill enemies in the huge zone, they have to by players unless its apart of the contested objectives. Or. There are contested objectives that you can take every hour or so, for bigger points. I.E. slap a boss in a tower. 5 or 6 minor objectives. 1 or 2 major ones; long cooldowns; think castles etc.

If you cap enough objectives for your faction, you could get temporary buffs for your faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ouriel125
    edited December 2010
    xreinhart wrote: »
    At level 80 or whatever the final cap will be, they could open a massive zone, only for capped. To enter the zone you would have to complete a faction quest. Make it three just for effect, like Daoc.

Join your faction, and you access various benefits, special faction specific mounts, titles, repeatable quests, armor, and fashion.

You need rep for you faction, which you can spend on the above. To get rep, you kill enemies in the huge zone, they have to by players unless its apart of the contested objectives. Or. There are contested objectives that you can take every hour or so, for bigger points. I.E. slap a boss in a tower. 5 or 6 minor objectives. 1 or 2 major ones; long cooldowns; think castles etc.

If you cap enough objectives for your faction, you could get temporary buffs for your faction.

I thought on that also. But was not thinking once you level cap to those quest to join the new/different faction, but those quest to be done on the very first level, where you are neutral and don't know which side to choose. But, yeah that might work with getting titles, raising your rep and other things you mentioned for the level cap.
    But, there is one problem that I see and that is experience imbalance(it's like BoI), level 1-30 easy to level(BoI level 1-45 easy to level) after 30 it becomes hard to level up(same for BoI). Even tho I'm not in the beta, but from what I have read the leveling is quite imbalanced.
    (Gone off topic.) ;(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rjperson
    rjperson Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I actually think the whole faction thing would be cool.....I think it's kinda boring when your killing your own faction....But this might be able to make it into an expansion if they work at it at a slow steady pace.........
  • ouriel125
    edited December 2010
    rjperson wrote: »
    I actually think the whole faction thing would be cool.....I think it's kinda boring when your killing your own faction....But this might be able to make it into an expansion if they work at it at a slow steady pace.........

Yeah, better way is to do it the slow way, because rushing is always full of mistakes.
    I think it's kinda boring too, to kill your own faction players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rjperson
    rjperson Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm just kinda imagining someone just killing and killing people over and over again.....I could just see someone not getting into a raid or something....
  • ouriel125
    edited December 2010
    Oh, I just saw a game that I wanted to mention the race's before I made the post, but I've changed my mind and said different races. Those races I wanted to be were Gremlins, Minotaurs/Cyclops, Ogres(the same) and Satyrs. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ouriel125
    edited December 2010
    /Bump
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soraninn
    soraninn Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ouriel125 wrote: »
    @ishlandir - I Appointed The Storyline Just For A New Faction, It Would Make The Game A Lot More Interesting Than Having Single Faction, And It Was Not Abount Being Pvp Or Not Pvp Game, But About The Faction Side That Would Make The Pvp More Interesting Instead Of Killing Your Own "allies" Let's Say It That Way.

@omgiamsexy - The Game Already Has A Storyline And I Just Try To Make To Implement One More Faction. ;-)
    Indeed, I Also Love Doing Interesting Quests, With Interesting Story In Them. And When I Heard That You Can Run Out Of Your "primary" Quests, You Need To Do "side" Quests Or Events, Which Here Really Brokes My Heart For This Game. ;(
    Side Note: I Really Wonder How Players Like To Level For 5-6 Months, It's A Game Dammit, Not My Second Life To Level Up That Much. ;(
    Probably They Are From Cn(no Offense) And Are Playing Both Versions And Complain About Our Suggestion And Culture(just My Thought).

I'm From Cn You @!##%$@$!!#$! An Personally, We Have Always Thought That It's Been Your Kind That's Been Using Mmo's As A Second Life.
  • soraninn
    edited December 2010
    noobvybz wrote: »
    remember the game is now coming out, and in the future there will be expansions so i expect them to build classes based on the evil people, just like in JD, when i first released it was only the human factions, but then they introduced the Demi God factions. I would assume it may be the same in FW

It is rather likely, considering that they are made by the same company...
  • rqwater
    rqwater Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    That's pretty ****, if you want to play WoW go play WoW.
  • felixxxxx6
    felixxxxx6 Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    rqwater wrote: »
    That's pretty ****, if you want to play WoW go play WoW.
    Agreed.
  • strever
    strever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Why does everyone relate things to WoW. There were games before it that had two opposing factions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me!
    CBT Status: Accepted
    You can run, your little mouth all day. But the hand of god just smacked you back into yesterday. -Godsmack
  • soraninn
    edited December 2010
    A faction is a faction. Personally, I like factions. Two or more factions need to have these crucial things:

1. A high number of character slots: Character slots should probably be atleast the one below the total number of classes in a race/class game or races in a races-can-play-all-classes game. Games like Aion have completely ignored this and have payed the price. Games like WoW* and Warhammer have followed this, and look at them now.

2. Good graphics: So what if you'll need more time. Take your time and polish the graphics, that way, you'll have a real money-maker because, really, graphics are what attracts real players, not gaming zombies like most WoW players.

3. Great storyline: More Instanced and or dynamic storyline.

4. A good PvP system: Self Explanatory

Without these factors, "Factioned" games just plain suck, and an absence of even one of these can cause destruction to your dream of being a rich developer.

*Honestly, most of you have probably played WoW, and decided to be cheap and not pay the fee. Personally, I think that in a year or two, they can drop the fee and just make it a B2P game, with all of the extra money (see statistics for money online) that they make. As soon as something gains a position of high power such as WoW or Twilight "spits twice and spins around", I guarantee that people will start hating on it out of jealousy or other secret, closed-door reasons.