test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Info thread: the future of closed beta

Comments

• ferdelferdel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    kercon wrote: »
    Yes that is true but why not use some normal people for free thx to it is cheaper more effective for example hiring 100 beta testers is probably max that company's do and I'm sure that is case in FW too there are hired pros for sure but give them for support 5 000 people and whit sceptical way lets say 10% will give info about bugs and will try to find them in every category

eee you are weird .... you sing up to cb to find bugs and for sake of having good experience after game is released
    if you singed for any other reason give back your key for some people that want to do it

Ewwww...ru alien?can u make comments that are understandable. my eyes hurts badly reading ur useless post....
  • ishlandirishlandir Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    It would be nice if some information would be posted to get our asses ready for the contests which I expect to be there in 1 to top 2 weeks!
    Ishlandir - Member of Empire - Protector

[SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/117v2ia.png[/SIGPIC]
  • yue7yue7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    acryllis wrote: »
    Most of the threads in the general section are about people complaining that they've been waiting for x-amount of time and haven't gotten in. "fck pwe been waitin so long ffffffff"

I have made my own decision. I am not impatient enough to leave a game altogether because I have been waiting for a long time, nor do i feel manipulated or lied to. Disappointed yes, but i'm sure the company has a good reason to handle things the way they are (if they don't, well whatever. It changes nothing to me). Unlike many people on these forums I can deal with a change in plans, or something not being 100% clear (which is pretty common these days).

If they told me to jump off a bridge i'd ask what the distance between the point of jumping and the point of landing is before i went ahead and did it.
    They have a fairly good reason for complaining and being upset, why should someone who signed up first have to wait longer than someone who signed up a month ago? When they signed up for the beta there was nothing about having to go in phases or that people would be selected at random for the phases. That was a rather bad choice that PWE made. They should have gone in chronological order instead so that everyone would have waited about the same about of time, making it completely fair for everyone.

You might not feel manipulated or lied to but the fact is, PWE has done plenty of it. For example, with the contests. There were some where you had to go onto facebook and comment on them a reason why you wanted to play. It serves as a way to get hundreds of people as a means of advertising and publicity. I'm sure you know that anything and everything you do on facebook is shown to everyone you're friends with and even their friends if they post something about your post and so on. They appeal to the most desperate and manipulate them into believing they'll get what they want and use them to get more publicity. Kind of like in the old days when they'd tie a carrot at the end of a rope and hold it just out of reach of a horses mouth to motivate it to move forward in attempts to get the carrot. As for the lying, the whole scandal came to be known as truth seeing as how the company didn't deny it, nor did they do anything to correct what happened.
  • acryllisacryllis Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    yue7 wrote: »
    >They have a fairly good reason for complaining and being upset, why should someone who signed up first have to wait longer than someone who signed up a month ago? When they signed up for the beta there was nothing about having to go in phases or that people would be selected at random for the phases. That was a rather bad choice that PWE made. They should have gone in chronological order instead so that everyone would have waited about the same about of time, making it completely fair for everyone.

>You might not feel manipulated or lied to but the fact is, PWE has done plenty of it. For example, with the contests. There were some where you had to go onto facebook and comment on them a reason why you wanted to play. It serves as a way to get hundreds of people as a means of advertising and publicity. I'm sure you know that anything and everything you do on facebook is shown to everyone you're friends with and even their friends if they post something about your post and so on. They appeal to the most desperate and manipulate them into believing they'll get what they want and use them to get more publicity. Kind of like in the old days when they'd tie a carrot at the end of a rope and hold it just out of reach of a horses mouth to motivate it to move forward in attempts to get the carrot. As for the lying, the whole scandal came to be known as truth seeing as how the company didn't deny it, nor did they do anything to correct what happened.

> Agreed.

>Reason why i don't have facebook. Also, agreed.

It is just an opinion though. I myself have been waiting since april or may or somewhere around there and it just plain sucks to see people join a couple weeks before the beta starts and get in before me. But I don't see a good reason to leave a game completely (a game that looks quite decent at that) and to make a post about how the company sucks and how we all suck just because they were "manipulated". Again, it's just an opinion.
    Aflac
  • angelicmuseangelicmuse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    acryllis wrote: »
    > Agreed.

>Reason why i don't have facebook. Also, agreed.

It is just an opinion though. I myself have been waiting since april or may or somewhere around there and it just plain sucks to see people join a couple weeks before the beta starts and get in before me. But I don't see a good reason to leave a game completely (a game that looks quite decent at that) and to make a post about how the company sucks and how we all suck just because they were "manipulated". Again, it's just an opinion.

^^Agreed.

I still believe that us early redeemers up til at least May should've been let into Phase 1 and it should've gone on from there...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kisavixenkisavixen Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ^^Agreed.

I still believe that us early redeemers up til at least May should've been let into Phase 1 and it should've gone on from there...

I SECOND THAT MOTION! lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My baby Bandit. 50% Timber Wolf 50% Albino German Shephard and a Registered Service Dog. WE LOVE YOU BANDIT.
  • flashassassinflashassassin Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I love that we are being kept up to date but i just hope i get into phase 3 man i am going crazy right now i wanna play this game.
  • scarletwitchscarletwitch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ^^Agreed.

PWE: "...but it's so our job to keep it MOAR FUN for those who have waited almost a year to get in. It is also our job to never inform our community and never answer questions because our community is full of dumb people who'd NEVAR understand our GLORIOUS ideas. They'd only complain, now they have nothing to complain about! I mean, It shows who really has great character and stuff! Omg worship us, we have the bestest ideaz evar!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Astarte
    Home: Blackcard
    Position: I am a BlackCard Queen, I can do anything
    Race: Kindred
    Class: Mage
    Job: Tamer!
  • angelicmuseangelicmuse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    kisavixen wrote: »
    I SECOND THAT MOTION! lol

Thank you! LOL
    PWE: "...but it's so our job to keep it MOAR FUN for those who have waited almost a year to get in. It is also our job to never inform our community and never answer questions because our community is full of dumb people who'd NEVAR understand our GLORIOUS ideas. They'd only complain, now they have nothing to complain about! I mean, It shows who really has great character and stuff! Omg worship us, we have the bestest ideaz evar!!!"

Some superiority complex they have eh? ROFL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ewilewil Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    yue7 wrote: »
    I highly doubt the people leaving are doing it because they didn't get in ASAP. I'm pretty sure it's because of all the lying, abusing, and manipulation. But if you couldn't see that then surely, you are one of those people who don't have enough brain cells to make your own decision instead of buying into what PWE says. You're also probably one of those people who would jump off a bridge if PWE said you should.

Lol don't be so rude ^^. And Acry, Yue is explaining a little bit what I am talking about. Not completely but almost. That's true, current's ppl leaving flow won't kill the game now, but now only, who knows about the next months? I'm not saying that the game is already dead, I'm just telling it's what will certainly happen if PW stay static about the situation.

I don't really pay attention to ppl cryin', but to PW's situation which is, imo, getting bad, more now with CBT's scandale (remember corrupt's accusations) PW fixed it ok, but when ppl are getting angry they use everything to give **** and heal their pain XD.

maybe not now, but later, who knows? PW will get a so bad reputation that I won't be able to play anymore. And i WANT to play!! my assassin in PWI need me, will u dare cut the bonds between a mom and his daughter?! FIEND!! XD.
  • moonelvemoonelve Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    oh yeah, looks like ill get to try this in march then :(
    I guess registering early and getting beta keys early wasnt really worth it. Oh well.
    Just wish it was like previous PWE betas.

Thanks for not alot really lol

but i did think that people who played every single beta of every other PWE game would have at least got some priority rather than a random anyone might get in, would have been sencible to have people who know about testing games and have participated in other PWE betas into the earlier phases to report issues. Seems like previous customers are not really wanted anymore though.
  • spteixeiraspteixeira Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hey guys cmon! i know it sucks to wait. i didnt get into phase 1 and 2 but the most important to me is the final product. so i hope the players that are currently testing the game make good job. and this is a closed beta not an open beta, and we are lucky that all of us will get a chance to test the game before open beta. so just calm down and play other game before you get a chance to play fw. if they have just selected a few players to test the game you would have to wait until the ob release. You will get a chance to play before what is great so calm down. and FW team, make sure the game comes out in a great shape so we can have a great gaming experience :)
  • spiderzspiderz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lol i give up on this game frebruary? seriously? its provably another PW reskin anyways
  • breaker87breaker87 Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Phase 3 Is The Final Real Phase For CB. Phase 4 Is Just To "Deliver" On Their Promise That All Key Holders Will Be In CB.

I'm Keeping An Eye On This Post. So When Phase 4 Comes Out With No New Content (Yes I Know AH Is Suppose To Come In Phase 4) And Only Lasts 2 Weeks I Can Link Threads To It And Laugh :D

This Just Be My Opinion. You Can't Argue Opinions ^^ It Can Only Be Destroyed Or Validated When Phase 4 Comes Out Lol
  • yuugo26yuugo26 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    WTF? February? I ll be waiting to play this ****in game for 1 year in february. Luckly i got DotA 2,World of Tanks,Blades n Souls and Stellar Dawn for 2011.

Bye bye FAILsaken World
  • kelvin120kelvin120 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    aff, is much sacanagen what they are doing.
    To follow the site and waiting for the game since April,
    came the first phase of the CB and I was not schooled -.-
    Now came the 2nd and also was not chosen, this is very frustrating, especially when there are people who created the acc in less than one month and is already playing.
    If the intention was bragging agent, Congratulations you did it very well

PS: Before anyone come talking to stop crying, if you're saying this is because you're already playing.
    And before we talk about the participation of the Closed Beta through luck is a fair, everyone has the same chance and blablabla, this by far is right, it is very unfair, as anyone who registers less than one month, may have advantage about someone who follows and accompanies the game to more than one semester?
  • altasaaltasa Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Lol @ February!? When will be open beta? I guess when your OB starts servers will be empty, everybody will play GW2, BnS, etc...
    Goodluck with your Pentium 2 powered game.
  • missdeonamissdeona Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    raidoux wrote: »
    So all I have to do is to wait until late february next year? Sure, I can do that.

*deletes game*

I've been reading the threads, and I dislike what I see more and more.

All I have to say about the situation is this: Goodbye, FW. Hello, Aion.

BTW, one of the posters is right. LOMA is pretty boring. I deleted it after day 2.
  • revrev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm going to say a couple things:

1: Yes, this long beta is a bit... well not a bit, it is way too long. Even I know that. If they want to keep this game in a longer beta, they should give it in January or so. The problem though is two-fold however. First off, if they cut beta short, they release an unfinished game to the masses and the crying and such will be even worse (example of this, FFXIV), or they spend too much time trying to perfect it and lose too many people. Long closed beta tests are ok, but they can be too long for their own good.

2: No, this game is NOT A PWI reskin. Even if it uses the same engine (though heavily modified, yet still amazingly un-optimized), there are a lot of unique things in this game I've noticed. You level fast in this game if you go hard core and play for like 8 hours a day, even in 1-2 hours you can easily gain about 2-3 levels. The most "Kill x monster" I've experienced so far is a kill 15 of one foe, and another of kill 8 of this and 8 of that, which isn't as bad as PWI's "Kill 30 of this." Plus the art style, in my personal opinion is beautiful, almost like a watercolor painting, sure animated emotes aren't there (the button is however), and there's no emotion changing...yet, but this game is its own thing.

And all the people waiting, yeah, I know the pain, I waited a long time too, voiced (and still actually do) my concerns on how this game's beta has been handled, and tried to keep the message of those of us who have felt anger and such over the whole thing as clear as can be among the multiple insulting posts that don't clearly state why. I've been in beta for only about two weeks, but I can say that this is the most enjoyable game I've played yet of any free mmo.

And to all of those "**** it, I'm done, see ya on another game" people, go ahead and leave, your loss.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • ihazcookiesihazcookies Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hmm, I like this. It weeds out all the little children with no patience and quick tempers, and I will be glad not to have to deal with them in game.
    BobZeConqueror
    Wicked
    edited November 2010
    Can I Haz A Cookie? ^^
  • ihazcookiesihazcookies Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    .............no
    BobZeConqueror
    Wicked
    edited November 2010
    But, But, I'm Hungry T.T
  • wiseprophetwiseprophet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Wow.... End of February... I guess that means we need to find another game for the next few months.... laterz...
  • destinysoathdestinysoath Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm sooo gonna play AC2 Brotherhood if I get it this christmas, eighterway I must have it D: But what MMO too choose till then?
  • spteixeiraspteixeira Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hmm, I like this. It weeds out all the little children with no patience and quick tempers, and I will be glad not to have to deal with them in game.

Me too. but they are just talking to see if they can play...
    edited November 2010
    Agreed, this way we cleared out the kids and have a stable mature community in-game.

• madampewpewmadampewpew Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ishlandir wrote: »
    Agreed, this way we cleared out the kids and have a stable mature community in-game.

You are joking, right? You cannot be serious, right? Its a well known FACT, anytime you get a new FREE TO PLAY, its the "KIDS", which you speak of who jump on the "free band wagon", and these kids don't care what, who, why or when, anything happens and they will follow whoever is doing the , free offering, they have no loyalties nor do they care what they have to do to get the "free prize", usually because they don't have jobs or any type of income.

No, I believe you are seriously wrong, but, if anyone will leave, its the more mature group, people who have experience in gaming, people who are employed and work for their money and care about who and what they spend their dollars on, more mature self respecting people who are concerned about such things as being misled, more mature people who value such things as customer satisfaction, and a great gaming experience. All these things are not very important to the younger, unemployed, live at home with the parents , type kids.

So, what you will end up with is, a LOT of these kids you speak of who will never leave as long as they can ride the "FREE BUS". The people who care about their money, value customer satisfaction, care about where their hard earned money goes, they will be more likely the ones to leave if not satisfied.

This is logical and common sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your lips move, but I can't hear what your saying.
    edited November 2010
    I do not consider myself as a kid considering my age and yet I am loyal to the game although they did not handle the Closed Beta's properly. The game has not been established yet the way the staff would like, in my opinion, and it can chance at any point.

However when I do see negative things happen such as a huge influence of the Cash Shop and other things, I will move on to games as WoW or GW2.

We will see what happens.

• madampewpewmadampewpew Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ishlandir wrote: »
    I do not consider myself as a kid considering my age and yet I am loyal to the game although they did not handle the Closed Beta's properly. The game has not been established yet the way the staff would like, in my opinion, and it can chance at any point.

However when I do see negative things happen such as a huge influence of the Cash Shop and other things, I will move on to games as WoW or GW2.

We will see what happens.

Free to play games cannot survive with out some method of creating an income from the game. FTP games have cash shops to generate income so they may stay in business, no income no business, no FTP game.

If the FTP model isn't satisfactory, then you have the subscription model, everyone pays a monthly fee and its about even in that respect. Some now have both models, subscription and FTP, its a model that some of the big subscription based companies are experimenting with and getting into but its ridiculous to even think a company will ever not have something that generates income for them, most use a cash shop of some form or other and its an item that FTP users have to deal with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your lips move, but I can't hear what your saying.
This discussion has been closed.