test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Info thread: the future of closed beta

Comments

• hexanthexant Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Still have the rest of phase 2, which will be time for people to become more upset and leave, then all of phase 3 with a new round of invitations and a FRESH round of ANGRY rejected users who will certainly leave, and then phase 4. This has been like a horror story and a nightmare for some people, and this will leave a scar on some people who are really, personally offended by this, and they will never get over it, because some are true to heart gamers and this has offended them, deeply.

There is a great deal of us who feel that we were intentionally misled, we accepted the bait they sent us, disguised as a beta invitation, and we all ended up here, in this forum, right where they had planned us to be, to take part in their lotteries, their contests and to perform free publicity acts for them. We feel that they intentionally had a plan for us and they knew exactly what they were doing, because they never made any attempt to correct this fiasco, and people are coming into these forums even today asking why they can't log in with their invitation and their beta key, proving that PWE wanted it this way.

Their unfairness led to people abusing the account system, which pwe didn't seem to mind, people had multiple accounts and got multiple phase invites, and laughed about it, I don't blame the people because pwe could control these issues if they had wanted.

Some feel as if this was a misleading trick, sending us invitations to get us all here, and then exploit us for their personal gain. These phases and contests are a perfect plan for publicity, and greed, while exploiting us in these issues.

The thing is, they could have been more fair to their users, they could have shown more respect for the people who will pay money to play their games, they could have shown more support to all of us, they chose not to do so and they have ignored us, so, that is a positive indication that they are sticking to their original plan, which includes exploiting us.. its degrading and offensive in my opinion.

There are those who would disagree and that's fine, some don't care how they are treated as long as there is something FREE in it for them, that's fine too because this company deserves, disloyal members who will never spend a cent on this game.. you will reap what you sow.

I could never support a company who so blatantly disregards its members.

Personally, I do agree that were used, duped and are still being used. good job PWE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I get to play on DEC 7th, and get some support for my money
  • sinnersrangelssinnersrangels Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hexant wrote: »
    Still have the rest of phase 2, which will be time for people to become more upset and leave, then all of phase 3 with a new round of invitations and a FRESH round of ANGRY rejected users who will certainly leave, and then phase 4. This has been like a horror story and a nightmare for some people, and this will leave a scar on some people who are really, personally offended by this, and they will never get over it, because some are true to heart gamers and this has offended them, deeply.

There is a great deal of us who feel that we were intentionally misled, we accepted the bait they sent us, disguised as a beta invitation, and we all ended up here, in this forum, right where they had planned us to be, to take part in their lotteries, their contests and to perform free publicity acts for them. We feel that they intentionally had a plan for us and they knew exactly what they were doing, because they never made any attempt to correct this fiasco, and people are coming into these forums even today asking why they can't log in with their invitation and their beta key, proving that PWE wanted it this way.

Their unfairness led to people abusing the account system, which pwe didn't seem to mind, people had multiple accounts and got multiple phase invites, and laughed about it, I don't blame the people because pwe could control these issues if they had wanted.

Some feel as if this was a misleading trick, sending us invitations to get us all here, and then exploit us for their personal gain. These phases and contests are a perfect plan for publicity, and greed, while exploiting us in these issues.

The thing is, they could have been more fair to their users, they could have shown more respect for the people who will pay money to play their games, they could have shown more support to all of us, they chose not to do so and they have ignored us, so, that is a positive indication that they are sticking to their original plan, which includes exploiting us.. its degrading and offensive in my opinion.

There are those who would disagree and that's fine, some don't care how they are treated as long as there is something FREE in it for them, that's fine too because this company deserves, disloyal members who will never spend a cent on this game.. you will reap what you sow.

Personally, I do agree that were used, duped and are still being used. good job PWE!

Wow, a horror story... Really? I guess some ppl just dont know about the real world yet. I would say that some gamers are irritated, or upset. Not horrified. It would be funny to think that PWI is OUT TO GET YOU. LMAO

Sorry for the Troll, but seriously, I couldn't help myself on this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MY CB2 SKILL ICON
  • kikiikikii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    steveba50 wrote: »
    I still dont get why people even play closed beta when open beta is available now.Why suffer character wipes?

agreed =)
  • d1g1talv3n0md1g1talv3n0m Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2010

This ^

I appreciate the information, but PW obviously did this on purpose...or they would've acted to fix it.

The whole random invite thing is only going to give the extra accounts even more cb invites that could be going to others.
    ~D1g1talV3n0m~
  • capricornlogancapricornlogan Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    u just wasted my time.
    i'm bored.

to think i've been assuming OB will be out around dec/jan.

wasted ur time? ur join date was a month ago
    Username:✡FrostByte✡
    Race: Human
    Class: Mage(They Destroy Everything)
    Guild: Grimoire
    CBT Phase: Phase.....
    Level: 0
    "I Am Made Of Glass Skin."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits To Me!
  • thirtythirtyonefiftythirtythirtyonefifty Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    By the time phase 4 gets here there will be so many rejected members leaving and never looking back, this game is doomed and they don't even realize it, they are their own worst enemy, you cannot disregard people who would have supported your company, you will feel the effects for a long time to come.. its amazing.

Indeed. I just cannot understand how they do not see this happening. It is sad, really. A very promising game going to waste, just because of the time schedule they have put for the Open Beta.

It seems, that they think that their hyped up game will live to its name and people will be obedient and come to play it when it goes to open beta phase with alot of other different/better MMO's coming out at the sametime or even earlier than Forsaken Worlds open beta.

PWE, if you hear US, not just me, US, PLEASE consider these facts that we have provided you on the table. Thank you. (might just as well to post these in the suggestions section in the forums)
  • aesthetesaesthetes Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    so, I have waited patiently for nothing, again?
  • hexanthexant Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    aesthetes wrote: »
    so, I have waited patiently for nothing, again?

yes.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I get to play on DEC 7th, and get some support for my money
  • ghidorah1212ghidorah1212 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Bump this post,they will not care, but let the peoplewho are waiting for this game to see it and finally realize what are they involved in.
  • tolichantolichan Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I have to say this phase 4 **** sounds just exactly like that: ****.

All along I'd been assuming OB would be coming out around late December. I can only assume they mean to test the God system and fix a lot of irritating problems (like the crappy tab and that kind of thing) but still, speed up the process a bit.
    I've been waiting for this game for a while. All of the people playing CB now are going to be burned out by the time OB rolls around.
  • volstvolst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    Hilarious. Really.
  • vanh01vanh01 Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Frankly I lost interest in the game, to be honest. Knowing that a few games I've been dying to play are coming out next year at a date close to FWs open beta, lit seriously makes me not care whether they succeed in this game or not. I've played plenty of game sand Beta tested a lot of it. Yes I've seen random draw before, yes I've seen long multiple closed beta phases but the difference in those other games is that the first people who signed up were prioritized since they had been the longest to wait, the random draw included a larger amount of testers so a lot of people didn't notice to much it was random draw.

I am unsure if it is due to the multiple extra accounts or the random draw number were to low but something is clearly wrong and it is plain as day, to see. When phase invitations are sent and you have a thread that goes from 15 post to 100 posts in less then an hour of how many people are angry because once again they are denied, then i my opinion, there is something not being done properly.

And honestly to Ignore most of your first people who registered is ridiculous. That's a good and sure way to make your player base lose total respect towards your company, especially if you didn't announce outright, what they beta actually stood for. If from the very beginning when us Marchies signed up, had known it was going to be this way, I am certain there would be a lot less anger at the moment...but then again, the game wouldn't be as hyped. It is honestly a good marketing strategy but it's not good customer relationship. Some players are the type who will spend cash on PWE games and are in a sense what makes the company keep rolling... and to treat your playerbase as you have... well I don't have to tell you guys that any other business would have spun so quick on their heals to fix this so they don't lose profits as they did on the market and in general.

To be honest, the way things are going, by the time I get to test OR play the game, something I've been waiting equally as long, will be out and I'll be happy with it rather then with FW. I do hope that isn't the case because the concept of the game had me intrigued from the very beginning but it is a possibility so I am planning ahead as if it was, so that I can go on with my gaming without constant disappointment lol

Fact is, the anger has been building up for some time now and it will only get worst if nothing specific is done and the true fans of the company will have to keep suffering those with anger in the forum because some have a legitimate reason to be angry.... me specifically I'm not angry.. I'm just tired of disappointment and waiting... lol in a sense, I've set myself to give up and just put my attention elsewhere... it sad it had to turn out this way but hey, that's how it is sometimes... maybe i'll come back later in the next year when I need a break from my other games...maybe i won't. Who knows what the future holds.

Hexant, don't worry about it, your not the only one who just tossed his hands int he air and said.. "Ah f*** it. I'm done" lol A lot of us are just resigned to just put our attention elsewhere and we can see it already.. a lot of the regular posters aren't around as much, either because they got in or because they just gave up so I agree it does not bode well for this game... but i'm sure if it goes real bad, the marketing team with find a way to hype up the game again... who knows...
    [SIGPIC]http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/1437/vanh.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Cut. Once committed to fight, Cut. That is your duty, your
    purpose, your hunger.There is no commitment that overrides
    this one. Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut with
    certainty. Cut into his strength. Cut him down utterly.
    Don't allow him a breath. Crush him.
    Cut him without mercy to the depth of his spirit.
    It is the balance to life: death. It is the dance with death.
  • odetagowoodetagowo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
  • bunnypiratesbunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Zzz still no response about the cash shop in CB2. >:

...Btw, wasn't the OB supposed to be in Q1 of 2011...? What happened to that? xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O:
  • kerconkercon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Zzz still no response about the cash shop in CB2. >:

...Btw, wasn't the OB supposed to be in Q1 of 2011...? What happened to that? xD

LoL why ther should be cash shop in CB ??

Yes from first schedule after phase 3, Q1 2011 was that you would thing about OB but after new time table Q2 will be answer if not even Q3 cuz even moderators don't know how long will be phase 4
  • melniimelnii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    kercon wrote: »
    LoL why ther should be cash shop in CB ??

Yes from first schedule after phase 3, Q1 2011 was that you would thing about OB but after new time table Q2 will be answer if not even Q3 cuz even moderators don't know how long will be phase 4

To test it. They said there would be one (correct me if I'm wrong).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is Onomatomania, my avatar thing is messed up.
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    crabclaw wrote: »

The reason for the data wipe is because at this point in the testing process, we want to have all of the content that was initially released at the start of phase 1 tested en-masse once again. Additionally, there will be a large variety of new content available that was previously not there for the low to mid level range.

At this point, the auction house will also be implemented and functional. We definitely want to have that aspect tested rigorously.
    Beyond that, there will also be a few really big things added to FW that I can't go into detail about just yet. I'll be spamming threads about these new unannounced updates as soon as I am able to, because they're really cool.

If you where to (re-)read this last two parts of Crabs post.You would see why I think they want it to be long(or how most feel it is)CB and the wipe that will happen before Phase 4 . Who know they might shorting the CB time before Feb 2011.

I hope at less you lay off Crab as his just messenger. Other then that I agree that PWE could have done a better way at handling how they run the CB phases .
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • purutzilpurutzil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Really people... you really want it to rush open before its ready? Do we have to go back to every game that rushed launch and how bad it was for the game in terms of being enjoyed. Yes its common fact MMOs when released tend to lack in terms of their full potential but to often its way to rushed and it makes it hard to pick up after initial launch troubles. I mean this list can be endless and you can just look at a game and see how bad it was to start or how bad it was in the long term for the game...

Final Fantasy 14
    Warhammer Online
    Age of Conan
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Vanguard

I mean do you really want me to go on? All good potential games all tarnished by being released much to early. Once you release a game there is no taking it back and from there it is just to hard to really recover from. A game release is a large part in attracting an audience. With so many MMOs you can't go back to the days like when WoW was released. If WoW was released in the form it was when it first came out today, the game itself probably would never reach the scale it did back before when MMos were just starting to really peek out into being popular.

Sure they could be doing more and doing it better here, but its hard to have anyone do it just right to prevent issues. Just allow them to take their own pace and make things smooth before its released otherwise it might end up yet another MMO dud.
    GWF level 60 (Beholder) - The pains of leveling!
    Cleric level 5X (Dragon) - Holy goblin so much easier!
  • bryanfury83bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Upping questions:
    What i mainly whant to know is that so i hope into a reply:

1) "Phase 4" and "Open Beta" are the same thing or "Phase 4" STILL be "Closed Beta"?
    2) When "Phase 4" will end we will get the "Open Beta Wipe"?
    3) When "Open Beta" will start (and i hope there WILL BE a full wipe) we will so get an update or what?
    4) At Open beta (that is supposed to be the REAL game start) the cap level will be fully unlocked to Level 80 or more?
  • illuminoctisilluminoctis Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    everyone who is making up excuses for this company.. get a clue.. who is talking about launching the game early? NO ONE.. we are talking about letting everyone into the testing phase.. period, end of story.. put some more servers up and let everyone into the test phase.. you have NO excuse..

unless it is admitting that your previous games were so 3rd-rate that you are financially broke and can't afford to put up more than one server.. that would be the only legitimate excuse..

any other excuse (or line of reasoning) that you use is just making too many people hate you.. and that is gonna result in people not wanting to support you financially EVEN IF they still play the game.. they will end up only buying the barest of essentials.. which is gonna hinder this game from becoming 1st rate..

and with WoW coming with a new expansion.. and Rift: Planes of Telara coming soon.. and Dragon Nest on the way.. you are gonna end up seeing many of your paying customers taking their money to one of those games instead.. and you will have lost an amount of profit which will be significant enough to prevent FW from being able to rival those other games/releases..

because you will have made (and kept) too many people angry and the playerbase will not grow enough to make the game convenient for everyone to find a party/group in a reasonable amount of time.. your party-finder tool, it's queues are gonna be too long..

mark my words.. be smart.. put up some more servers and let everyone in.. and do it fast because the testing process is gonna take whatever time it is gonna take.. and those other games are gonna be out whenever they are gonna be out.. you are wasting time and likely Forsaken World (and everyone who wanted to see it become a major player in the mmorpg category) will lose out.. this game could rival WoW if you play your cards right.. but if you keep this up, it will truly become a forsaken world.. or at least a 2nd or 3rd rate game.. same thing..

P.S. ask allods online how they are doing lately.. their income has nose-dived.. they angered the entire population of their game and it is going under.. the players left in a mass exodus, demanding a full roll-back of the entire patch/expansion.. only newbies who haven't read the forums are still giving it a shot, but they quit soon thereafter without spending any money.. and the few stragglers who are holding out, in hopes that they will get the roll-back that was demanded, are having their patience worn thin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gemini93gemini93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    What i mainly whant to know is that so i hope into a reply:

1) "Phase 4" and "Open Beta" are the same thing or "Phase 4" STILL be "Closed Beta"?
    2) When "Phase 4" will end we will get the "Open Beta Wipe"?
    3) When "Open Beta" will start (and i hope there WILL BE a full wipe) we will so get an update or what?
    4) At Open beta (that is supposed to be the REAL game start) the cap level will be fully unlocked to Level 80 or more?

1. Phase 4 is still CBT
    2. There will be a wipe at the beginning of phase 4 and another one after before Open Beta begins.
    3. Content update i wouldn't think so, not for a while anyway.
    4. whatever the Lv Cap was in Phase 4 (i'd assume new content would be added to increase the lv cap)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alextheangelalextheangel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Are you crazy gm's? u prized today? OMG i don't think you have mind....I hope my son will be able to play in 2020+ in closed beta phase 1 mil.Seriously it's so hard to do more servers i've never saw on any mmo's cb phases as i saied post 2morow some infos and don't prize anymore ........Shame FW ,Shame....
  • bryanfury83bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    gemini93 wrote: »
    1. Phase 4 is still CBT
    2. There will be a wipe at the beginning of phase 4 and another one after before Open Beta begins.
    3. Content update i wouldn't think so, not for a while anyway.
    4. whatever the Lv Cap was in Phase 4 (i'd assume new content would be added to increase the lv cap)
    Thank you very much, now i have more info to share out. Anyway still want to know the cap limit. I hope it will not stop to level 80 but goes up to level 100
  • ewilewil Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The next two CBTs will be a challenge, PW is announcing changes and infos about the 3rd and 4th CBT. God damn, it's not infos which will calm down ppl who are supposed to become ur players.

PW u HAVE TO do something to encounter the situation!! frankly guys, do they realize that they are losing players cuz of the CBT's scandale?

And I don't think about myself when I tell it, PW must do something if they want to pass through this "crisis", if not when FW will be officialy launched, there will be only NPCs in game and zero players.
  • beyondbluebeyondblue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    No, they really aren't losing any players, the server has more people than before. Also, those not chosen for closed beta will be coming back.. eventually
  • acryllisacryllis Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The number of people that QQ on forums and rage-quit because of "scandals" and "crisis'" is such a small fraction of the population of people that actually play the game or have some sort of rational thought process going on.

Like any other game, there will be those who hate it, there will be those who think they can get everybody else to follow by leaving or saying "you guys scuk, suk it i hate you failfailfaifalfaifalslfalkfaj, hurr hurr"

Sure, there are many people leaving, but i don't think its enough to completely KILL the game altogether. There are actually people on this planet who have more brain cells than they can count on one hand; they aren't so stupid as to leave the game because they didn't get to play it as soon as possible.
    Aflac
  • yue7yue7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    acryllis wrote: »
    Sure, there are many people leaving, but i don't think its enough to completely KILL the game altogether. There are actually people on this planet who have more brain cells than they can count on one hand; they aren't so stupid as to leave the game because they didn't get to play it as soon as possible.

I highly doubt the people leaving are doing it because they didn't get in ASAP. I'm pretty sure it's because of all the lying, abusing, and manipulation. But if you couldn't see that then surely, you are one of those people who don't have enough brain cells to make your own decision instead of buying into what PWE says. You're also probably one of those people who would jump off a bridge if PWE said you should.
  • aldebarannaldebarann Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    probably, as crab said, there are more features comming in too, so maybe they're waiting to start the OB after implementing it, such as the Auction House, maybe, a lv cap rise, and other features -flying mounts?-.
  • sebbieesebbiee Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    aldebarann wrote: »
    probably, as crab said, there are more features comming in too, so maybe they're waiting to start the OB after implementing it, such as the Auction House, maybe, a lv cap rise, and other features -flying mounts?-.

No, you are lying!
  • acryllisacryllis Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    yue7 wrote: »
    I highly doubt the people leaving are doing it because they didn't get in ASAP. I'm pretty sure it's because of all the lying, abusing, and manipulation. But if you couldn't see that then surely, you are one of those people who don't have enough brain cells to make your own decision instead of buying into what PWE says. You're also probably one of those people who would jump off a bridge if PWE said you should.

Most of the threads in the general section are about people complaining that they've been waiting for x-amount of time and haven't gotten in. "fck pwe been waitin so long ffffffff"

I have made my own decision. I am not impatient enough to leave a game altogether because I have been waiting for a long time, nor do i feel manipulated or lied to. Disappointed yes, but i'm sure the company has a good reason to handle things the way they are (if they don't, well whatever. It changes nothing to me). Unlike many people on these forums I can deal with a change in plans, or something not being 100% clear (which is pretty common these days).

If they told me to jump off a bridge i'd ask what the distance between the point of jumping and the point of landing is before i went ahead and did it.
    Aflac
This discussion has been closed.