test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Info thread: the future of closed beta

Comments

• pois0nedpois0ned Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    jormunder3 wrote: »
    ok I'm kinda irritated so will there be another wipe after the 4th phase before OB?

I guess I'll go play iris online, and come back for OB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4ZGqqM5v24

WHAT? O.O you think some1 with brain will play that?

hellokitie online 2?

fail
  • azn210azn210 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Can you give a rough idea when phase 3 will begin?
  • angelicmuseangelicmuse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    azn210 wrote: »
    Can you give a rough idea when phase 3 will begin?

As stated by Crab, Phase 3 will begin immediately after Phase 2 ends - about 3wks from now. But since they're doing random selection AGAIN - all or most of us will still not get in. I fully expect to not get in as that's how this whole ridiculous process has gone. So, regarding Phase 4 - I can't believe my hubby and I will have waited almost a YEAR to beta test this game. Guess that's what I get for putting my faith in PWE to follow their previous CB processes...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ferdelferdel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    WTF..that means we need to put a lot of time testing this crappy graphics game? ill predict that ur plan of making 3-4 phases will not push thru...y? bcoz no1 want to test it anymore...wahahaha...wasting time leveling and knowing the game.....
  • th30ryth30ry Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Everyone from phase 1 will be PRO by time phase 4 ends, with half a year experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • melnirmelnir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    th30ry wrote: »
    Everyone from phase 1 will be PRO by time phase 4 ends, with half a year experience.

+100000000000
    seriously wtf were you guys thinking. 4 phases.... i probably wont be in the next one because the whole selection is unfair. pwi should have told us about this random selection **** the day the march 2010 cbt keys were given...then i would have actually calmed down a bit.

i've literally waited a year to play this game. dont you think my patience is wearing thin?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xxxdrackosxxxxxxdrackosxxx Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    We're not beta testing the game to be pro or to play it before everyone but just to report bugs and give feedback.
    Some players here don't know the difference between playing and beta testing .
    Some beta testers in FW want to get selected to roxx at OBT.
    Some players like me play at CBT just to report bugs or (in my case) to give feedback about specific points.
    If this CBT is that long , I believe it's because devs want to modify the game for a western audience.
    For now , obviously , they need to do graphical improvements and changing some game play aspects like easy targeting and moving while attacking .
    I just hope PWE will consider our feedback and do the right modifications , even if it means redeveloping the game , like they did with LOMA .
    I guess redeveloping the game is the best alternative because , for now , the game is some kind of disappointing . I've expected more from an AAA MMORPG , even if it's free and when I saw the upcoming F2P MMOs at Gstar , I am not that sure than Forsaken World can really make the success devs hoped when they created the game.

For now , I'll continue my beta tester job but I have some doupts about staying in game after CBT or not...
  • beyondbluebeyondblue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    You're forgetting that CB is not all about fixing those purposes(at least for PWE), it's more about increasing the hype and advertisement. If they wanted to speed up the process they could just hire a team of beta testers to do so.
  • ferdelferdel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I salute those players that are bug reporters!!!!! WOW...i love the dedications! PW laughing on u guys..coz they will not pay any $$$ to pay for bug testers...they getting it from dedicated bug reporters!...hahaha.... get a life dude......
    edited November 2010
    Well, the CB process has actually changed through the whole industry. Most companies are using it as a trial rather than a period of fixing problems. There might be problems, but the game is still playable. It's actually a common thing to see, but I would have never thought that it would last this long.
  • aldebarannaldebarann Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ferdel wrote: »
    I salute those players that are bug reporters!!!!! WOW...i love the dedications! PW laughing on u guys..coz they will not pay any $$$ to pay for bug testers...they getting it from dedicated bug reporters!...hahaha.... get a life dude......

Don't NerdRage just because you WANTED to be playing and didn't get in, xxxdrackosxxx
    is absolutely right, beta testers are TESTERS, and testing, reporting bugs and anything like that is what everyone that got in were suposed to be doing, the wrong ones are those who just got in to play it so, if you're going to QQ at least say something that makes sense.
  • kerconkercon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    beyondblue wrote: »
    You're forgetting that CB is not all about fixing those purposes(at least for PWE), it's more about increasing the hype and advertisement. If they wanted to speed up the process they could just hire a team of beta testers to do so.

Yes that is true but why not use some normal people for free thx to it is cheaper more effective for example hiring 100 beta testers is probably max that company's do and I'm sure that is case in FW too there are hired pros for sure but give them for support 5 000 people and whit sceptical way lets say 10% will give info about bugs and will try to find them in every category
    ferdel wrote: »

eee you are weird .... you sing up to cb to find bugs and for sake of having good experience after game is released
    if you singed for any other reason give back your key for some people that want to do it
    edited November 2010
    aldebarann wrote: »
    Don't NerdRage just because you WANTED to be playing and didn't get in, xxxdrackosxxx
    is absolutely right, beta testers are TESTERS, and testing, reporting bugs and anything like that is what everyone that got in were suposed to be doing, the wrong ones are those who just got in to play it so, if you're going to QQ at least say something that makes sense.

No, you're wrong. I'll give you an example.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljUM0DazJig
    Why did PWE give MMOHUT access? Oh, because they wanted people to see the beautiful game and not the BUGS. This is more like a trial version...
    edited November 2010
    kercon wrote: »
    Yes that is true but why not use some normal people for free thx to it is cheaper more effective for example hiring 100 beta testers is probably max that company's do and I'm sure that is case in FW too there are hired pros for sure but give them for support 5 000 people and whit sceptical way lets say 10% will give info about bugs and will try to find them in every category
    it

Aside from your poor grammar, I'm pretty sure PWE is losing more money while holding these CB phases. They'd be making money if the game was already out
  • aldebarannaldebarann Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    b4 talking about others graammar or something, you should really realize double posting is not a good thing to do too.
    edited November 2010
    aldebarann wrote: »
    b4 talking about others graammar or something, you should really realize double posting is not a good thing to do too.

Am I going to go to hell now? D:
  • kerconkercon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    beyondblue wrote: »
    Aside from your poor grammar, I'm pretty sure PWE is losing more money while holding these CB phases. They'd be making money if the game was already out

Like you say my grammar is poor (I would say it's non existing ^^ cuz I'm lazy and English isn't my native)
    If they wanted to make money they have to release good product or this will be another short lived and dull game.
    The best way to secure it is beta testing and having feedback from people.
  • filipenf17filipenf17 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    UNTIL FEBRUARY??? holy **** ,thats enouth time for know another MMORPG, becaming a fanboy,call all your friends to it, being in it just cuz your guild ownz and discorver a waay better game.

o/ ill be cheking forums again in 2 months, see ya
  • laboalaboa Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hello im just another QQer
  • burningshibicaburningshibica Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    when OB comes everyone will be busy playing BnS and GW2 :/
  • blackguy184blackguy184 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well its good to Know I wont play this Game Anytime Soon Since im Shipping out in another couple of Weeks QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • naruto888naruto888 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    phase 4, late February , wow are you guys joking? is it not better to make a OB, so every one can test everything? more people , faster bug reports and testing everything, and with so many ppl will be easy to
    monitor the server capability , just a sugestion, i coud be wrong....

and another thing, how its posible that i registers 1/2 year ago or more,dont remember rite now,
    (ooo there you go, Join Date Mar 2010) and my friend 1 or 2 weaks b4 first phase and he got selected and i did not ? i dont think random selection for participation its the way to go.

late February phase 4 ? hmmm dont think i will be here so long, dunno we will see, i think i will go back to wow ,aion or battle of immortals.

See you guys, i wish you all luck.
  • ewilewil Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    That's a good point, as ppl said before in the thread, it'll be hard to calm down the masses, even with a 3rd and a 4th phase.

- 3rd cuz, if u do the same thing about your "random" selection, u'll lose more fans than the

- 4th phase will be a feedback or the last ones if u don't do something to counter the current situation in your fan's community. Add to it that February is very far away, may ppl won't stand to wait so long :s.

I have only one suggestion to counter that, may u should open more slots for players during your CBTs. Or the opposite, wipe the current beta keys u've sent and make a new keys' distribution with a lower key's number.

Imo it is one of the reasons of what is happenning, I guess u've sent too many keys regardless of how many slots u have. something like, for example, 1000 keys for just 100 slots.

It'll be cool if an admin can tell me his opinion about it, and keep it mind that it's just an idea, then don't flame me plz lol.
  • thirtythirtyonefiftythirtythirtyonefifty Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm an old PWE game "veteran" and I gotta say, that PWE is making a big mistake here. 4 Phase are not necessary and especially when there is a few BIG MMO's around the corner.

There should be 1-3 phases maximum in my opinion (of course my opinion doesn't count, does it?). This way you could still keep your core player base and also keep the game interesting to the players who are testing it out during the phases.

At this point into the beta I can fairly say, that players are gonna be burn out when the phase 4 comes and some or most are probably switching to a different game already by then.

PWE should REALLY reconsider this situation with the Phases here and think about the other MMO's coming soon and try to be competitive with them and not just trust on the franchise of the PWE.

What I'm suggesting here is, that the Open Beta schedule should be moved to an earlier date (ie. like end of this year during the holiday season or start of January 2011).

My 1 euro.
  • steveba50steveba50 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I still dont get why people even play closed beta when open beta is available now.Why suffer character wipes?
  • hexanthexant Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm an old PWE game "veteran" and I gotta say, that PWE is making a big mistake here. 4 Phase are not necessary and especially when there is a few BIG MMO's around the corner.

There should be 1-3 phases maximum in my opinion (of course my opinion doesn't count, does it?). This way you could still keep your core player base and also keep the game interesting to the players who are testing it out during the phases.

At this point into the beta I can fairly say, that players are gonna be burn out when the phase 4 comes and some or most are probably switching to a different game already by then.

PWE should REALLY reconsider this situation with the Phases here and think about the other MMO's coming soon and try to be competitive with them and not just trust on the franchise of the PWE.

What I'm suggesting here is, that the Open Beta schedule should be moved to an earlier date (ie. like end of this year during the holiday season or start of January 2011).

My 1 euro.

By the time phase 4 gets here there will be so many rejected members leaving and never looking back, this game is doomed and they don't even realize it, they are their own worst enemy, you cannot disregard people who would have supported your company, you will feel the effects for a long time to come.. its amazing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I get to play on DEC 7th, and get some support for my money
  • emokainemokain Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lyfin wrote: »
    I've been waiting since June/July aka WHEN WE WERE FIRST ALLOWED TO SIGN UP. However, I'm not as troubled as all of you. Why?

Yes, it's disgusting that a company as proud and powerful as PWI would come up with the worst customer service issue to date.

However, there are NO OTHER (good) MMOs coming out!

I mean, you are all complaining about February. Sheesh!

TERA still hasn't released ANY CB information.

Worse than that, BaS doesn't even have an ENGLISH WEBSITE yet! They've completely lost touch with reality!

Those 2 are some of the most anticipated MMOs right now, and they've been buzz since 2009!

You can all atleast be happy that there's ANY new MMO coming out.

So stop complaining!

*Yes, I did go into a mad rage before I typed this. This is kind of a self-advice thing too -.-;*

"Guild Wars 2" is all I have to say, then its 'farewell' to phased out ftp games and lost in space ptp games. On topic, whatever PWE does or says at this point won't change the fact that they messed up. They wanted to market/hype their game with as many people as they could so they send beta keys to so many ppl and that backfires on them right now and it will continue to do so.
  • trisstriss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Wow, four phases! Don't they ever think of the consequences? One thing is obvious; all the current CB players since phase 1 will be bored because of the multiple wipes and quit the game; and most new players will get tired of waiting and won't bother checking back.

All I can do is laughing on the side lines. It's amazing that these marketing boys still get to keep their jobs.

It is no wonder that PWRD stock dropped 20% in 2 weeks.
  • hexanthexant Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    triss wrote: »
    Wow, four phases! Don't they ever think of the consequences? One thing is obvious; all the current CB players since phase 1 will be bored because of the multiple wipes and quit the game; and most new players will get tired of waiting and won't bother checking back.

All I can do is laughing on the side lines. It's amazing that these marketing boys still get to keep their jobs.

It is no wonder that PWRD stock dropped 20% in 2 weeks.

these guys are their own worst enemy, the damage they are doing will not soon if ever be undone .. its sad, they just don't get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I get to play on DEC 7th, and get some support for my money
  • ilovemonsterilovemonster Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    u just wasted my time.
    i'm bored.

to think i've been assuming OB will be out around dec/jan.
This discussion has been closed.