What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Info thread: the future of closed beta

Comments

• angelicmuseangelicmuse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    zadious11 wrote: »
    when will i be able to play i already put in the code and got accepted

Possibly you'll get to play in Phase 3 on January 12 2011 if you're one of the randomly selected. Otherwise you'll get into Phase 4 in February 2011.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wessyisherewessyishere Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    im not waiting till april to play this game thats ridiculous i signed up for this in may and havent gotten anything **** your game give your phases to someone else im done with this no more pwe the end oh and btw you rlly should try the players who acually signed up for this long vbefore and let them in first not **** them and let just random people who signed up like a week ago good job your game fails goodbye
  • xburnsxxburnsx Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    2011 dates haha why not jus since cap is 50 let everybody play after phase 3 open beta ukno cause it looks like by then ill be doing somthing else.
  • megalomaniacsmegalomaniacs Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    crabclaw wrote: »

First off, there will be Phase 3 immediately following Phase 2. This third phase will follow the same general path of the first two phases - that is, random selection for participation, increasing the level cap again to introduce new testing content, etc.

I must say, That I do find this "random pick" system very unfair. In March I joined FW's Forum and applied for Beta and while I have waited 9 months, people that joined in as late as October are getting keys.
    I just get that "hey your picking in line" feeling cause I have spent more time waiting but because I wasn't randomly picked I might just have to wait for Open Beta. You should have considered letting people that registered very early to get a secure invitation. And I'm not really mad at not being able to participate in CB, its just that your selection system is very unfair.

- Mega, the forever waiting player :rolleyes:
  • serbianfaceserbianface Posts: 0
    edited December 2010
    its not fair i signed up long time ago for this game i play all their game and still nothing cmn guys i whana try game -.- ><
  • edgmarb01edgmarb01 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    hey guys, I just came back to PW after 4 years so Im not expecting to get a closed beta key, but what I would like to know is: Is there a date for the final release for the game? around april maybe? Im asking just to know how much I wouldhave to wait xD
  • jdizzydogzjdizzydogz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Crabclaw or anyone: Is there going to be a Wipe after Phase 4?
  • drakenfyredrakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited December 2010
    jdizzydogz wrote: »
    Crabclaw or anyone: Is there going to be a Wipe after Phase 4?

yes there will be a wipe after Phase 4

There will be a Phase 4. Phase 4 will launch around late February, or early march at the latest. Phase 4 will be the phase upon which every single person with a redeemed beta key will be able to log in and play Forsaken World. Another key piece of information: There will be a data wipe upon the launch of Phase 4. Every player at this point in the testing phase will start on an even playing field.
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • monakamonaka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    There will be a wipe after phase 3

And a Wipe after Phase 4 or you can call that official CB where EVERYONE gets to play.
    which is what stated in their op threads posted here for you guys to read.

And for a while its been known that OB would be in 2011 :x

For me idc because I like the fact they are giving this game better treatment/fixs then a half arsed CB where bugs will be there months after and still not fixed.
    [SIGPIC]http://blacklotuspro.com/fw/wcoleader.png[/SIGPIC]
    vvicked.mmoguildsites.com
    Visit: forsakenworldhq.com
    Writer for Forsaken World HQ (go there if you need guides :) )
    Main: Ashai
  • anandaputraanandaputra Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    crabclaw wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I'm opening this thread to shed some light on the future of the Forsaken World closed beta. Ideally, I aim to clarify a few key points - specifically how long the beta phase period is going to last, the point at which everyone with a redeemed key will be capable of playing, and a couple other important topics.

First off, there will be Phase 3 immediately following Phase 2. This third phase will follow the same general path of the first two phases - that is, random selection for participation, increasing the level cap again to introduce new testing content, etc.

This may not be new information to some people, but I'll be getting to that here now.

There will be a Phase 4. Phase 4 will launch around late February, or early march at the latest. Phase 4 will be the phase upon which every single person with a redeemed beta key will be able to log in and play Forsaken World. Another key piece of information: There will be a data wipe upon the launch of Phase 4. Every player at this point in the testing phase will start on an even playing field.

The reason for the data wipe is because at this point in the testing process, we want to have all of the content that was initially released at the start of phase 1 tested en-masse once again. Additionally, there will be a large variety of new content available that was previously not there for the low to mid level range.

At this point, the auction house will also be implemented and functional. We definitely want to have that aspect tested rigorously. Beyond that, there will also be a few really big things added to FW that I can't go into detail about just yet. I'll be spamming threads about these new unannounced updates as soon as I am able to, because they're really cool.

Ok, long thread is long. I hope that having a semi clear cut date that everyone with a beta key can expect to play will help alleviate some concerns some people are having. We're working hard to make FW as polished as it possibly can be before we exit the CB period, and are thankful for both everyone that is both currently and will in the future be testing the game.

Thx for your announcement. This thread make me no doubt to uninstall Forsaken World and find another good games from another publisher.

Wait till February even I sign up for long time ? Other player which sign up for a week or maybe yesterday can play it first because your random beta tester chooser ? gimme a break....
  • blaze2003blaze2003 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I see no point is watching over this game anymore. I think the people who do should just wait till Jan.12th and if you don't get I'd wait till the release(somewhere in spring). The character erase before phase 4 AND release is alil crazy to but they run the show. See ya in the spring all.
  • doomex1doomex1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    why wont ya all go and play on china server,its open beta there..and take sum patches to translate the client to english..and woilaa..>.<..and se hows the game thereXD
  • bossdithbossdith Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    when will this be an open beta?? :)
  • darkmarauderdarkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    bossdith wrote: »

In many many months -.-

CB is way to long, 7months of chinese CB then more in english, WOW a one year CB?! >.>

Ive been in the game 3 weeks and im bored-i havent seen any glitches the other ppl havent seen and reported, people barely play-because their bored! we just need a patch then 2-3 more weeks and it should be OB, rather than having a few more pointless months to wait.

People are literally getting bored, and cancelling their plans to play this come OB, instead their looking into other games which release soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
    edited December 2010
    bossdith wrote: »

need to find the quote from deathbunny....that everytime someone asks this question the beta will be pushed back another 1 or 2 weeks, so at this rate not til 2012
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • losarotlosarot Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    When will we have avatars for the forums already i wanna show off my lolita MM
    Rifles High Fools were going huntin
    edited December 2010
    losarot wrote: »
    When will we have avatars for the forums already i wanna show off my lolita MM

probably not until the game is in Open Beta (but that's just my guess)
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
    edited January 2011
    drakenfyre wrote: »
    need To Find The Quote From Deathbunny....that Everytime Someone Asks This Question The Beta Will Be Pushed Back Another 1 Or 2 Weeks, So At This Rate Not Til 2012

lol...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    found it!!!!
    Yeah, for each thread made asking about when Open Beta and/or Phase x starts they add another week to whatever date they had in mind. Which brings us to sometime in 2020 now I think...
    couldn't give db the exact credit since the thread was closed, and couldn't quote her directly
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
    edited January 2011
    drakenfyre wrote: »
    found it!!!!

couldn't give db the exact credit since the thread was closed, and couldn't quote her directly

Awesome LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amberlm19amberlm19 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    xantauryx wrote: »
    No solutions to your fail system?? mmmmmmm....

and February? ya.... no thanks, ill be playing anothers good games by now, thanks for nothing crapclaw.

good bye Failsaken World, and PWF.

and guys, dont go try LOMA that game sucks, seriuosly dont wasted your time.

You sound like one of those little kids who's threatening to run away from home cause they think they're being mistreated by their folks O.o Grow up!!!!!!!
  • naginiiinaginiii Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Possibly you'll get to play in Phase 3 on January 12 2011 if you're one of the randomly selected. Otherwise you'll get into Phase 4 in February 2011.

ao. RANDOMLY SELECTED. that hurts. =/
    i just joined in and that line shot me down.
  • duimpelduimpel Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ehr naginiii.. you should actually be glad it's random instead of 1st come 1st serve.
    How do you think we early birds feel about it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Now breaks my wooden shoe
    edited January 2011
    duimpel wrote: »
    ehr naginiii.. you should actually be glad it's random instead of 1st come 1st serve.
    How do you think we early birds feel about it?

strangled/choked to death? :p
    random is like trying to win a lottery regardless of how long :<
  • arunakipsarunakips Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    maybe we should curse all who play phase 1,2 3 and 4

dont believe we all can enter @ phase 4
    its just hoax of PWE just like what they did to LOMA
    edited January 2011
    arunakips wrote: »
    maybe we should curse all who play phase 1,2 3 and 4

dont believe we all can enter @ phase 4
    its just hoax of PWE just like what they did to LOMA

here we go again
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • stacyravenstacyraven Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    naginiii wrote: »
    strangled/choked to death? :p
    random is like trying to win a lottery regardless of how long :<

Look at it this way. You just created your account this month, so that would put you on the bottom of the list. So there would be no way in Hades that you would get in to phase three if they did first come first serve. But since it's random picks you actually have a shot. That's the up side for YOU. On the other hand, the downside for some other people is that they have been signed up for months and months and STILL haven't been able to step foot inside the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fully alive ♥ More than most ♥ Ready to smile and love life ~Flyleaf
  • arunakipsarunakips Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    whats wrong? its the truth accept it
    how many keys distribute when the game goes cb? how many players able to get phase 1 and 2 though? small number of cranky old player only

whats the use of key distribution? to get our hope, yay we can play BUT we CANT play
    edited January 2011
    arunakips wrote: »
    whats wrong? its the truth accept it
    how many keys distribute when the game goes cb? how many players able to get phase 1 and 2 though? small number of cranky old player only

whats the use of key distribution? to get our hope, yay we can play BUT we CANT play

how's this I'll accecpt your so called conspiracy theory if by phase 4 I'm not in...since it's been stated that everyone will be in by then. and you somehow "know" that it's a lie
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
    edited January 2011
    stacyraven wrote: »
    Look at it this way. You just created your account this month, so that would put you on the bottom of the list. So there would be no way in Hades that you would get in to phase three if they did first come first serve. But since it's random picks you actually have a shot. That's the up side for YOU. On the other hand, the downside for some other people is that they have been signed up for months and months and STILL haven't been able to step foot inside the game.

idk, its not exactly comforting, because surely everyone gets a shot even the ones who signed up wayyy wayyy back.

or am i missing something? o.o
This discussion has been closed.