Better way for handling beta invitations.

ouriel125
ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
I came to an idea when you want to select a player for the beta testing of the game to create a button where he or she need to type some of the experiences from his/her beta testings. Something like "What are you more interested in for testing", "Will that be a PvP, class balance, PvE?" or those kind of things. That button to be found in the "My Account" panel where are the redeemed keys and complete his/her beta profile.

In my opinion this is a better way of selecting the players who will test and not just play the game and when the game came to it's official release date to be full of bugs, quest bugs, class imbalance and all other things.
Please give a feedback on what you think on this option and I also want to hear what has the administrators and the moderators have to say on this kind of option for random selection.
(I hardly see any administrator here to say something only Crabclaw and Deathbunny, imo those are negative things for the game because they need to be on the forums now and then.)
Post edited by ouriel125 on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• thivus
    thivus Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I think this should be in the suggestions subforum, not general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    race/Class:Kindred Vampire | Stoneman protector
    Ingame name:MercuryLaumpe | Thivus
  • doitchbag
    doitchbag Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ouriel125 wrote: »
    I came to an idea when you want to select a player for the beta testing of the game to create a button where he or she need to type some of the experiences from his/her beta testings. Something like "What are you more interested in for testing", "Will that be a PvP, class balance, PvE?" or those kind of things. That button to be found in the "My Account" panel where are the redeemed keys and complete his/her beta profile.

In my opinion this is a better way of selecting the players who will test and not just play the game and when the game came to it's official release date to be full of bugs, quest bugs, class imbalance and all other things.
    Please give a feedback on what you think on this option and I also want to hear what has the administrators and the moderators have to say on this kind of option for random selection.
    (I hardly see any administrator here to say something only Crabclaw and Deathbunny, imo those are negative things for the game because they need to be on the forums now and then.)
    Hmm I don't like it. Just leave it as is!
    thivus wrote: »
    I think this should be in the suggestions subforum, not general.
    Agreed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ninja?
  • drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited November 2010
    doing it this way, in my eyes isn't good, do you know how easy it would be to type out what ever it is you think the GM's and CM's want to hear just to get into a beta?
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • acryllis
    acryllis Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    People would no doubt lie to make themselves seem better so that they can get in the beta.

Although i personally don't like how they are handling the beta testing/phases, i must say that it is better to leave it as is.
    Aflac
  • sesheenku
    sesheenku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Yeppers and even so... You're late to the party and all the punch is gone.
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15047437000&dateline=1290559725[/SIGPIC]
    Made by me ;D

-> I'm no longer in that guild but I'm a bit lazy to change my sig which I made anyways.
  • ouriel125
    edited November 2010
    Yes my bad is that I didn't type the post in the suggestion tab, so it should be moved.
    As for what you said Drakenfyre, I didn't made this post for getting me into the beta phase 2 I just want to hear them what they have to say about this kind of feature.
    As for what Acryllis said it's true that some of them may lie about when they will type those things. Imo Acryllis you are maybe not used to this kind of beta selection, it is new to the PW's players and so drastically affected the members of PW to make this kind of threads about the beta handling.
    Most of the big MMO's like WoW are doing this kind of option, random invitation to players and it's not only WoW that is doing that, also for the new upcomming games like TERA, Rift and SW:TOR and even FW is doing that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakenfyre
    edited November 2010
    most of the betas that ask for your beta testing background are the P2P games, along with games like GW, I have never played a F2P that needed to know your beta/gaming background.

I never said you were doing this to get into the beta, I was trying to state what you agreed with acryliss said, also I didn't mean you personaly in my comment, so please don't think my comment had to do with you getting into phase 2
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • kisavixen
    kisavixen Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Yeah I agree with the others. While an idea like this would be perfect for someone like myself, there are pleanty of others with NO experience who actually do go in and report game issues. I know some do not. And as previously stated there are those who, unfortunatly, would lie their backsides off just to have a chance to get in. Very good suggestion, just not feasable at this point. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My baby Bandit. 50% Timber Wolf 50% Albino German Shephard and a Registered Service Dog. WE LOVE YOU BANDIT.
  • acryllis
    acryllis Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    As for what Acryllis said it's true that some of them may lie about when they will type those things. Imo Acryllis you are maybe not used to this kind of beta selection, it is new to the PW's players and so drastically affected the members of PW to make this kind of threads about the beta handling.

I am not used to beta selection like this, you are right. I still believe, however, that they could have handled this better than the way that they are now. I find the whole phase concept, and the whole "random selection during a set amount of time" to be rather sloppy.
    Aflac
  • ouriel125
    edited November 2010
    drakenfyre wrote: »
    most of the betas that ask for your beta testing background are the P2P games, along with games like GW, I have never played a F2P that needed to know your beta/gaming background.

I never said you were doing this to get into the beta, I was trying to state what you agreed with acryliss said, also I didn't mean you personaly in my comment, so please don't think my comment had to do with you getting into phase 2

I'm sorry, I've misunderstood what did you wanted to say.
    It's true that the P2P games use that model. ;-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakenfyre
    edited November 2010
    no harm, no foul it's all good :)
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • alzakiel99
    alzakiel99 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    That's true some people would lie to enter the beta .... And i don't think its wrong to lets people enter in the beta Randomly ... Like they said everyone will get in the beta*At Least those who did Get a key* .. I hope to enter the phase 2 this game seem amazing =).

So i hope to see you guy in-game one day .. For now i return to the beta-test of BattleStar Galactica Online!
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Even though I been very sarcastic towards pwe for the past few days, but i think the way pwe got it now is better. If it this feature was implemented it doesn't mean it will be use like you say it would. Some would just ignore the "type your experience" stuff. I heard the "test" claim before. If you make an beta strictly for testing then recruiting staff or small number of ppl would be better.

If PWE sent out 50,000 keys I would say 500 to 5000 ppl is actually testing it, while still playing it(FW). So 1%-10% is really doing the testing while 90-99% is playing it.
    In my opinion this is a better way of selecting the players who will test and not just play the game

Hey now that selection not so random anymore. We are members of a fair & random community. Not some, we want the best and not so random/fair community.
This discussion has been closed.