Favorite pet?

xephona
xephona Posts: 17 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
So yea, of the pets that we can get so far, what is everyone's favorite and why?

1286747474020.jpg
Post edited by xephona on
fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=76401

Comments

  • icanttelllyou
    icanttelllyou Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Wind Puppet. It is cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mygoldfishisevil
    mygoldfishisevil Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well i'm not even level 20 yet so all i chose is the starter wolf, but if there is a better wolf i'm able to tame down the track, i'd get that lol. My main grinding pet in PWI is a wolf too....

    What can i say....I have a thing for wolves lol

    Edit: Woo it worked....Just wanted to see what my new sig looked like lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • melnii
    melnii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I got ram Boo for my Marksman, turtle Squishy for my Priest, and a wolf for my Vampire. Then I have been catching some pets, but so far I like my Boo best. Mostly because it has self heal, and dus never (barely) dies. I tried the goat thing Goatsie (Kanhoo or something), but jeez that thing was suicidal. DX It kept attacking everything it saw even if I had it in Idle mode, and it was a pretty bad pet (only 1100 and white). Now I have a green Wind Puppet Wind but I don't like it much either, except for the buff. I haven't tried the scarab bug thing yet, I'm trying to catch a good green or blue one. I hope that one is a bit better at staying alive. I still want a pet with a self heal tho.

    For beginner pets I'd say

    Ram because of self heal (so little HP pots using)
    Turtle because it seems to be able to tank better (or maybe it's just plain luck)
    Wolf (haven't played much with it yet, but meh)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is Onomatomania, my avatar thing is messed up.
  • subspacezero
    subspacezero Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i dont know how but at lvl 10 or 11, when u get ur first pet, i got 2. a wolf and turtle :D like em both
  • vampirepain
    vampirepain Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    melnii wrote: »
    I got ram Boo for my Marksman, turtle Squishy for my Priest, and a wolf for my Vampire. Then I have been catching some pets, but so far I like my Boo best. Mostly because it has self heal, and dus never (barely) dies. I tried the goat thing Goatsie (Kanhoo or something), but jeez that thing was suicidal. DX It kept attacking everything it saw even if I had it in Idle mode, and it was a pretty bad pet (only 1100 and white). Now I have a green Wind Puppet Wind but I don't like it much either, except for the buff. I haven't tried the scarab bug thing yet, I'm trying to catch a good green or blue one. I hope that one is a bit better at staying alive. I still want a pet with a self heal tho.

    For beginner pets I'd say

    Ram because of self heal (so little HP pots using)
    Turtle because it seems to be able to tank better (or maybe it's just plain luck)
    Wolf (haven't played much with it yet, but meh)

    My green Wind puppet started out at rank 1231- taught it 2 skills and some easy reborns and now its 1701 = plan to get it to 2k ; evasion buff from wind is VERY useful for tankers cause i noticed most of my hits i took missed =D so if are a tanker(protector+warrior or any other class for fun like meh Vamp)than i say get Wind Puppet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Know Pain, Feel Pain, Accept Pain

    IGN-VampirePain
    Class- Vampire(duh)
    Guild-Eclipse
    Lv-30(waiting for 40 (phase2)
  • qw12po09
    qw12po09 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Wind puppets are also good for assassins and bards, as both classes involve evasion and so they benefit from extra from the buff. (Assassin's have skills to boost evasion, Bard's have skills to reduce their targets accuracy/boost evasion.)
  • blindedinchains
    blindedinchains Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I am not level 30 yet and I've tried the ram and the wolf. They both seemed useless to me. :'D
  • kloakaholic
    kloakaholic Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    how do you catch pets?
  • xephona
    xephona Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    how do you catch pets?

    Chloroform and a pokeball
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=76401
  • melnii
    melnii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    how do you catch pets?

    Creekbank Valley, or just try to find Scarabs, Wind Puppets or Goathingies somewhere else (I saw Wind Puppets in Sea Of Oblivion). You need the tame skill which you get at level 30. Then kill mobs with the tame icon and when a soul pops up grab it with the tame skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is Onomatomania, my avatar thing is messed up.
  • kisavixen
    kisavixen Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I was under the assumption that we had to be a pet class character to tame pets. Am I incorrect? It would be wonderful if I could make an Elf Priest and have pets too. Thank you in advance for your advice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My baby Bandit. 50% Timber Wolf 50% Albino German Shephard and a Registered Service Dog. WE LOVE YOU BANDIT.
  • angelicmuse
    angelicmuse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    kisavixen wrote: »
    I was under the assumption that we had to be a pet class character to tame pets. Am I incorrect? It would be wonderful if I could make an Elf Priest and have pets too. Thank you in advance for your advice.

    FW is like BoI in this case where all classes are able to have a pet that will aid in fighting along with you. I loved this option in BoI so I'm really happy we have it here too =)

    Just wondering though...as a Priest would the wolf be better or the turtle? I'm leaning towards the wolf right now...

    xephona wrote: »
    Chloroform and a pokeball

    LOL...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kisavixen
    kisavixen Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    FW is like BoI in this case where all classes are able to have a pet that will aid in fighting along with you. I loved this option in BoI so I'm really happy we have it here too =)

    Just wondering though...as a Priest would the wolf be better or the turtle? I'm leaning towards the wolf right now...




    LOL...

    Thank you so much for the answer angelicmust. I really appreciate an open honest non sarcasm filled answer. It is nice to know there are good people like you here. =)

    I am going priest and I'll probably go turlte. As a priest we will need a tank not a dd. That is just my opinion. If you get in before I do would you tell me which is better? Thank you either way. *huggles*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My baby Bandit. 50% Timber Wolf 50% Albino German Shephard and a Registered Service Dog. WE LOVE YOU BANDIT.
  • angelicmuse
    angelicmuse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    kisavixen wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the answer angelicmust. I really appreciate an open honest non sarcasm filled answer. It is nice to know there are good people like you here. =)

    I am going priest and I'll probably go turlte. As a priest we will need a tank not a dd. That is just my opinion. If you get in before I do would you tell me which is better? Thank you either way. *huggles*

    Ty - we are out here =)

    I know some say the tanking turtle is good and that's why its still in the running as an option, but with a dd wolf the mobs would also go down quicker maybe? If such is the case that I get in before you I'll let you know for sure =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kisavixen
    kisavixen Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Ty - we are out here =)

    I know some say the tanking turtle is good and that's why its still in the running as an option, but with a dd wolf the mobs would also go down quicker maybe? If such is the case that I get in before you I'll let you know for sure =)

    Thanks hun and I will do the same for you. Tell me one thing if you will. I know it's off topic but how do I add a sig to my forum account? I want to put a pic of my Wolves (yes I own wolves in rl) on as my signature. Thanks for any info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My baby Bandit. 50% Timber Wolf 50% Albino German Shephard and a Registered Service Dog. WE LOVE YOU BANDIT.
  • doitchbag
    doitchbag Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    kisavixen wrote: »
    Thanks hun and I will do the same for you. Tell me one thing if you will. I know it's off topic but how do I add a sig to my forum account? I want to put a pic of my Wolves (yes I own wolves in rl) on as my signature. Thanks for any info.
    Chloroform and a pokeball... Jk
    Just go to the User CP then hit Edit signature. Then just upload the pic directly from your computer, or get the link from the internet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ninja?
  • kisavixen
    kisavixen Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    doitchbag wrote: »
    Chloroform and a pokeball... Jk
    Just go to the User CP then hit Edit signature. Then just upload the pic directly from your computer, or get the link from the internet.

    Thank you so much doitchbag. Another nice person found yay. *huggles* and yes I give all good ppls huggles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My baby Bandit. 50% Timber Wolf 50% Albino German Shephard and a Registered Service Dog. WE LOVE YOU BANDIT.
  • kisavixen
    kisavixen Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    As my way of saying thanks I am making my first post with my new sig here so you can all see Bandit first. THANK YOU.

    p.s. I will be taking pics of Bandit and Luca as soon as I get my currently non working netbook back from H.P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My baby Bandit. 50% Timber Wolf 50% Albino German Shephard and a Registered Service Dog. WE LOVE YOU BANDIT.
  • melnii
    melnii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I don't notice much difference between the 3 beginner pets, except for their personal buffs.

    Ram has (self) heal,
    Turtle can be invincible for a few seconds,
    Wolf has attack increase (self) buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is Onomatomania, my avatar thing is messed up.
This discussion has been closed.