Re: Pet Combining

deathbunny
deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
So, when you combine pets their stats will go up slightly and of course the talents will transfer.

Has anyone tested at what level is the best to combine them for max benefit of stat transfer? And how many times you can combine? I'm curious to know. If I understand right, the pet you're combining into the 'host' will need higher talent level or would equal also help level that up but lower chance?

In another one of PWE's titles the best level to combine for best transfer was Level 90... of course that's out of league at the moment but it'd be great to know for anyone who like investing in pets, etc.
Post edited by deathbunny on

cz47.gif
Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]

Comments

• veterandoggy
    veterandoggy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    combining pets (if successful) slightly raises the Rating on the pet, and levels up the Talent lvls of your pet's Attack, Defense, and Health.

the pet you are combining must have at least one Talent lvl equal or greater than the pet which it is getting combined with. So for example, if you had a fox with Attack Lv2, Defense Lv1, Health Lv3, the only pets you can combine with it are ones with their talent levels equal to or higher than Attack Lv2, Defense Lv1, Health Lv3.

From what i can see there is no limit to how many levels you can raise a pet to (but that is only because it's so bloody hard to get pets talents higher than Lv5), might be 10 but that would be seriously OP lol. when a pet combining fails then there is a slight reduction in your pet's rating, which is something worth noting if you plan to mass upgrade a pet

Note, however, that not all the levels on a pet may transfer across to your old pet. so in the case above with the wolf, if you were combining a turtle with it which had Attack Lv2, Health Lv2, Defense Lv2, the Health won't transfer over (since it's not greater than or equal to the wolf's Health lvl), and there is no guarantee that both Attack and Defense talents will level up. There may be a higher chance for success if you use a higher rating than the one you are transferring to (because for me it's felt like 100% when transferring stats to a pet which has no stats), but i can't tell for sure with the higher levels simply because it's hard enough to get Lv3, and trying to get Lv3 on a talent to use on your pet which is Lv2 would be the same as getting all those pets with the Lv2 talent which you spent trying to make a pet with a Lv3 talent and just using them on your original pet anyway.
  • niqpere
    niqpere Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sounds similar to boi's pet something makes me a bit worried about it hope its not to similar .Hope the pets dont become so powerful that they are much more powerful than the character . That was boi's downfall in my opinion hope Pwe find a way to keep it fairly balanced .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for the info.

Looking at screenshots others posted of pets in the Chinese version, it seems level 10 is the max talent. Granted, it will be hard getting there but (putting aside any cash shop helpers) the result would probably be well worth the effort...

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • eternalechoes
    eternalechoes Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    There is also a stone type of item that you can use to increase pet's talent levels. NPC sells it.

Wonder if it's worth a shot for lvl 5 and above?
  • mei
    mei Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm sure if you spam creekbank enough you'll be able to do it for much cheaper than actually buying the stuff the NPC sells. I've made quite a few full 2/3 talent level pets that way.. now for me to actually aim higher than that ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eternalechoes
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, but what happens at higher lvls? +5 and above? Still as easy?
    Perhaps the NPC items have more chances to upgrade talents?
  • mei
    mei Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Could try it, but it costs a lot (at least, for me, considering my laziness to merchant..). Personally, I probably won't be using it until I'm 99.999% sure I have my endgame pet. That or unless I get really rich somehow =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eternalechoes
    edited November 2010
    mei wrote: »
    Could try it, but it costs a lot (at least, for me, considering my laziness to merchant..). Personally, I probably won't be using it until I'm 99.999% sure I have my endgame pet. That or unless I get really rich somehow =P

Costs less compared to other items...seen the high level skill books? Scary stuff.

And yeah, not recommended to spend this much on something you won't use til the end. But...seeing how some people get absurdly rich in here, it's a viable option for them.
  • bobochichang
    bobochichang Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I tried combining two of my pets but I ended up losing both. Any idea what might have happened? I was reading the info and it doesn't say there's a chance of losing both pets. Is there any way I can get them back? Was it just a program glitch or something?
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I tried combining two of my pets but I ended up losing both. Any idea what might have happened? I was reading the info and it doesn't say there's a chance of losing both pets. Is there any way I can get them back? Was it just a program glitch or something?

InB4NecroLock
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • cornea
    cornea Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    InB4NecroLock

Thank you for that random unhelpfulness.

Noone knows if it's possible to lose both pets as there are no guides written by CB testers. No knowledge is retained.

Check all possible things you may have overlooked before.

Click support / request support / click through and check the 4 steps to reach actual support.
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    cornea wrote: »
    Thank you for that random unhelpfulness.

Noone knows if it's possible to lose both pets as there are no guides written by CB testers. No knowledge is retained.

Check all possible things you may have overlooked before.

Click support / request support / click through and check the 4 steps to reach actual support.

No problem.

No one ever complained about losing both pets, so it is presumed that it isn't possible...and actually a guide has been written since the first week of beta... just managed to get deleted off of their forums.

I am willing to bet he dragged the pet out of that combine box and onto the ground... and hit OK without reading the box... and POOF... DELETED

Support will laugh at him
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Omniblast - Illyfue
    Omniblast - Illyfue Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ya, i brought the www.fw-legends.tk website down, when i figured this community doesnt deserve guides or something similiar.
  • diavolonero
    diavolonero Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I have i question, is better have a pet with low rating and high lvl talents or the opposite?
    For example: if i have a pet with 850 rating (white name) with attack lvl 2, defence lvl 1 and health lvl 1; and another with: 1500 rating (green name) without talents?
  • sanocha
    sanocha Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    it is better to have a pet with the high rating and transfer to him your low-pet's talents. you will end up with even more higher rating pet with the talents of the low rating pet))).
This discussion has been closed.