Different Fashion Colors (Dyes)

lighttheflame
lighttheflame Posts: 31 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Suggestion Box
Would be nice if we can change the color of our fashion with dyes, like in PWI. Different colors would give uniqueness to the player, so not everyone looks the same. It will also create money for PWE, since you would buy dyes from the cash shop. Would be cool if FW devs could find a way to fit this into FW, it would benefit everyone.

Support this idea? Disagree with this idea?
Post edited by lighttheflame on
IGN: Akshot
Class: Berserker
Level: 65
Guild: Legends

IGN: Infamous
Class: Heretic
Level: 60
Guild: Asuras

Comments

• terun
    terun Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Honestly, I hated dyes because to get decent fashion you had to keep buying random dye packs which could grow to be quite expensive. For starters, when they release a fashion I think all of the fashion should come in a set color so that when you buy a fashion, it isn't all mismatched. After that, you can buy dyes for reasonable prices in the cash shop - and not at random! Being able to buy all of the colors as you wish would be nice rather than having to get lucky to get the ones you need/want. Personally, I liked BOI because you only had to buy one set of clothes unlike PWI where clothes are separated into different pieces.

Nonetheless, please fix the dye system in FW if you're going to implement it. :( It shouldn't cost so much for fashion. That or when you buy a fashion in FW, you should be able to pick the color you want it in while buying it. I'd be willing to pay a little extra for that ability.

Please PWE! Don't make the cash shop like PWE's. It's why I quit in the first place. Things were just getting too damn expensive. PWI to me is like your cash crop, so leave it at that and don't make the same mistake with these games. The cheaper and simpler things are, the more people would be willing to spend money. I've played PWI and stupidly WASTED a lot of money. Make this a game where you can always get your money's worth without the extra hassle.
  • lighttheflame
    edited October 2010
    terun wrote: »
    Honestly, I hated dyes because to get decent fashion you had to keep buying random dye packs which could grow to be quite expensive. For starters, when they release a fashion I think all of the fashion should come in a set color so that when you buy a fashion, it isn't all mismatched. After that, you can buy dyes for reasonable prices in the cash shop - and not at random! Being able to buy all of the colors as you wish would be nice rather than having to get lucky to get the ones you need/want. Personally, I liked BOI because you only had to buy one set of clothes unlike PWI where clothes are separated into different pieces.

Nonetheless, please fix the dye system in FW if you're going to implement it. :( It shouldn't cost so much for fashion. That or when you buy a fashion in FW, you should be able to pick the color you want it in while buying it. I'd be willing to pay a little extra for that ability.

Please PWE! Don't make the cash shop like PWE's. It's why I quit in the first place. Things were just getting too damn expensive. PWI to me is like your cash crop, so leave it at that and don't make the same mistake with these games. The cheaper and simpler things are, the more people would be willing to spend money. I've played PWI and stupidly WASTED a lot of money. Make this a game where you can always get your money's worth without the extra hassle.

I agree with the set fashion color, cause none of the pieces matched when you bought em. I do like having each piece separate in the cash shop though. Then you could have shoes from one set, shirt from another, pants and gloves from a different one, etc.

• terun
    edited October 2010
    Oh believe me I like the different sets of the fashion too. I think overall what I mean is that, when you bought a fashion, it came together as one set color rather than looking like a rainbow when you bought clothes. First you had to spend 10-15 gold on fashion just to look like an idiot when you wear it. Then, you'd have to spend A LOT more gold or in-game currency for dyes. Some shirts needed 18 dyes and most dyes are 200k a pop - Black/White dyes were 2M! And that is only for the shirt. So please, when you buy a fashion, it should either come in a set color or you can customize it before buying it (which I think would be the best idea).
  • lighttheflame
    edited October 2010
    Yea, the prices were ridiculous. I don't understand why PWE would not incorporate this into the game. Not only will it satisfy the players, but PWE will even be making more money. It is a win win situation. Just as long as they don't make the prices crazy high for the dyes. People were spending more on fashion then they were on there actual equipment (maybe a bit over exaggerated). I mean, if FW is gonna be the next big game for PWE and for all f2p mmorpgs, why not add some extra things like this? :P

• malagaredonforum
    malagaredonforum Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hell yeah, dyes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Returning to FW. The other game failed T.T
  • terun
    edited October 2010
    Let's just say for argument that an entire set of clothes that you wish to be black needs 24 dyes. That is 24 black dyes for 2M a piece. So, that is 24 multiplied by 2M. How much is that? That is a total of 48M, maybe more if you waste your money on random dye packs. And this doesn't even include the amount of gold you spent on the fashion in the first place. For game currency, that is just ridiculous. I could buy a Lunar 95 weapon for that much. So you're right, people spent more money on fashion than they did equipment.

So please, for the love of god, ease up on the cash shop and dyes. I support dyes fully as long as they are cheap and don't come at random. And the amount of dyes to dye clothes should be reasonable.