Grinding Or Events?

lighttheflame
lighttheflame Posts: 31 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
I'm gonna first say this, I am too lazy to use the search button. With that being said I will now ask my question =P

I have heard that FW will not be a grinding based game. Part of me is happy for this, and part of me is worried. PWE has another game, BoI. BoI is also a non grinding based game. But in BoI the way you leveled was mainly from events that happened every day. Although it was nice not having to grind, the game got very tedious and repetitive, doing the same events every single day is worse then grinding imo.

My concern is, will FW be like BoI? Where if you want to level, you have to do the same events over and over again. Or will you be able to grind if you choose to level that way, and still keep in touch (level wise) with those who level by events?

I hope you can understand what I am trying to say here... haha.
Post edited by lighttheflame on
IGN: Akshot
Class: Berserker
Level: 65
Guild: Legends

IGN: Infamous
Class: Heretic
Level: 60
Guild: Asuras

Comments

• moondisk
    moondisk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I never played BOI so I'm not familiar with these events that take place in that game.
    However, if what I read on these forums is right, the best way to level up in FW is simply by questing.
    Apparently, quests give the best exp and to grind your way up to the top is near impossible.

These is also this:
    http://www.mmoculture.com/2010/10/forsaken-world-offline-exp-system.html

I also heard mixed rumors about how fast you level through the game... Some have claimed that it takes few hours to get to 20 or 30 or whatever.
    I certainly hope that's not true, at least for the beginning stages of this game.
  • rabid
    rabid Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I think you will have multiple ways to level, whether it be straight grind...quest grinding, daily events, dungeon farming. There most likely will be plenty of options, some slower than others, but I don't think you will need to rely on daily events for leveling.

All-in-all I think there will be plenty of options for leveling and not restricted to just having to grind on events. Hopefully the exp scale between the methods are fairly balanced, giving people a choice in the matter. Though I would assume straight grinding would be slower.

This answer could be very off...considering I have yet to play lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaikaname
    kaikaname Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I says a bit of both. and I know most people can read my mind right now.
    KaiKaname!!~Executioners;)

Strongest and Sexy player in BoI:cool:.. maybe?:rolleyes:
    God of Ninja! Viet/Korean Pride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
  • xolu
    xolu Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Seeing as this game seems to have an achievable level cap, it will probably be more of a questing game, rather than a game like BOI where the level cap is ridiculously high (125, think the highest at the moment is somewhere around 116, and the game has been out for awhile), which relies on events because it would be far to hard to make enough quests all the way up to 125.
    IGN: Kiwifruit
  • lighttheflame
    edited October 2010
    I just don't want to have to do the same events every day to level, so hope it is nothing like that...

• rabid
    rabid Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    There will be daily events to do...that will be repetitive i'm sure, but you will not need to rely on them for leveling. Hopefully lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I never did events in BOI. Since I was a Champion I just did straight AoE grinding and still kept on par with those who did events everyday (until I lost interest).

While straight grinding is definitely going to be slower than those who get chunks of EXP. You can decide on which events give you the most benefit (ie. maybe certain events give you potions or rep that you need to do blah blah) and if you don't feel like doing events pick at least one of those. Then maybe run an instance or something. But I guess all this will come to light come next week.

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • soldeus
    soldeus Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Given my experience from the CN OB, you will not have to grind or rely on events to hit level cap.

Monsters in dungeons give very rewarding exp, as well as the quests that accompany them.

Quests are very linear, I've yet to run into a "kill 300 werewolves - turn it in - kill 300 more werewolves" type situation.

There are events on the hour every hour 24/7, whether it be fishing, kill a particular type of mob/etc(fishing event gives a tidy sum of exp as well)

All in all it's shaping up to be a promising PW game. The biggest complaint CN OB'ers had that I spoke to were the cash shop pots, not so much that they are OP, but they are a major convenience over the non-cash shoppers.

Vendor potions apply your character with a HoT effect, while cash shop pots have a set value, and heal for a set value instantly.

ex. 100000hp pot, heals for 4k per chug, 10s cool down, disappears when consumed entirely.

I tested it using the Marksmen class.
    Leader of Primal Instinct
    primal-gaming.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lighttheflame
    edited October 2010
    Ahh, I hate those cash shop pots. They were one of the things that ruined BoI pvp... Hopefully they will consider removing them from cash shop for NA FW...

• kaikaname
    edited October 2010
    Ahh, I hate those cash shop pots. They were one of the things that ruined BoI pvp... Hopefully they will consider removing them from cash shop for NA FW...

agree... don't even think about any item bonus booster in cash shop.. no refining.. that will get a **** load of new player into PWE.. and erase their bad rep on cash shop.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
  • xolu
    xolu Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    kaikaname wrote: »
    agree... don't even think about any item bonus booster in cash shop.. no refining.. that will get a **** load of new player into PWE.. and erase their bad rep on cash shop.

**** load less money, though.

Ridiculously over-powered and over-priced items (I'm looking at you, Madness gem in HoTK. $742 bucks much? something like that) are what keep PWE games running. Rich people keep playing the game because they are super op and can 10v1 non cs players, thus they keep paying.
    IGN: Kiwifruit
  • kaikaname
    edited October 2010
    xolu wrote: »
    **** load less money, though.

Ridiculously over-powered and over-priced items (I'm looking at you, Madness gem in HoTK. $742 bucks much? something like that) are what keep PWE games running. Rich people keep playing the game because they are super op and can 10v1 non cs players, thus they keep paying.

not like I want to spend that much raelly... when it come to competition you gotta spend. But now players like me just drop the "I spend more than you ****, So I WIN!" .. I'm getting tired of that. Less money or not.. more player = more money too right?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
  • kddfddlr
    kddfddlr Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    soldeus wrote: »

All in all it's shaping up to be a promising PW game. The biggest complaint CN OB'ers had that I spoke to were the cash shop pots, not so much that they are OP, but they are a major convenience over the non-cash shoppers.

Vendor potions apply your character with a HoT effect, while cash shop pots have a set value, and heal for a set value instantly.

ex. 100000hp pot, heals for 4k per chug, 10s cool down, disappears when consumed entirely.

I tested it using the Marksmen class.

they dont work in pvp do they? you just dont have to sit to replenish HP like non cash shopers,which makes faster grinding...i remember something like that in WOKF,but you were able to use them in pvp which was ofc stupid
    waiting for CBT phase 1 ...
This discussion has been closed.