Auction House!

lighttheflame
lighttheflame Posts: 31 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Suggestion Box
Because Jon said, if we complain enough about not having a auction house. Then they will get an auction house put into the game =)
Post edited by lighttheflame on
IGN: Akshot
Class: Berserker
Level: 65
Guild: Legends

IGN: Infamous
Class: Heretic
Level: 60
Guild: Asuras

Comments

• totanas2010
    totanas2010 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I agree with this suggestion because all the mobs that drop the items are useless to your character and have no alternative but to sell to npc or drop, having an auction house he could serve another player.
  • flynnsoccer4
    flynnsoccer4 Posts: 38
    edited October 2010
    In the interview, I heard there was no plans for the AH, but I really was disappointed, and I agree with this suggestion.
  • francischutney
    francischutney Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yes dear, we need this auction house because I can not sell my items in the littel cat shop which requires leaving the computer all night just to sell the item, I am not alone in using the computer. I need to sell my items in the auction house
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~I very much enjoy this lovely game and wonderful people here~
  • caiyen
    caiyen Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I think there should be an auction house too, would be easier to sell items as well as finding them, because shops scattered all over the place is hell to find what we want since players dont name their shops properly, I see "Look at me" "Click me" as shop names, makes it hard to find anything.
  • lighttheflame
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, too many shops create lag and it is always hard to find anything your looking for.

Lag + Time = Frustrating

I don't see why there wouldn't be a auction house, and I am not sure why people would complain about having one? Useful, and easy.

• octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I just don't freaking get it what eastern people like in "player stalls" or shops. What the hell is fun in browsing through hundreds of shops to find stuff you need? There is a reason western people like an auction house -- it's systematic and extremely efficient. With a few clicks or typing the desired object you find all offers for it. Granted you can even make a sorting tree for it if you go the advanced route.

What the hell is the point in player shops? Apart from, you know, easier to scam people with a shop than AH. It feels like we're going backwards.
  • dutchlegend
    dutchlegend Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Because Jon said, if we complain enough about not having a auction house. Then they will get an auction house put into the game =)

I agree with you now most ppl will open a stall in the middle of the town and we all will lag out.
  • polomoto
    polomoto Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    PWE has already seen how efficient auction house is and its a shame if something so good for the game isnt used.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    looking for a tight & slashin' guild?
    find Infamous at:
    infamousfw.2fear.com
    [SouthernUnit: human warrior]
  • gozdegozde
    gozdegozde Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    As an impatient person, AH was a perfect selling way for me in PWI. I really cant imagine myself open a shop and wait for customers to come and see. And I havent got an option to leave the pc open till the day after. But, I guess AH system is not really hard to include in game later if we players mention that AH is necessarry. I hope for it.
    Name: ipek
    Race: Human
    Class: Warrior/Mage (still not sure)
    Guild: N/A

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bunnypirates
    bunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    octarone wrote: »
    I just don't freaking get it what eastern people like in "player stalls" or shops. What the hell is fun in browsing through hundreds of shops to find stuff you need? There is a reason western people like an auction house -- it's systematic and extremely efficient. With a few clicks or typing the desired object you find all offers for it. Granted you can even make a sorting tree for it if you go the advanced route.

What the hell is the point in player shops? Apart from, you know, easier to scam people with a shop than AH. It feels like we're going backwards.

This.

The single vendors are handy if you'll have to go afk quick, for a lunch or something else that doesn't take too long. But I don't really see the point in setting up a vendor and leaving the computer on while you sleep, if things could be done much easier with an auction house.

It would save electricity and I don't really think it makes any good for the computer if you have it on 24/7. :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O:
  • lighttheflame
    edited October 2010
    Haha yeah, player shops are only good for scamming. I remember when tokens of luck/best luck came out in PWI. People were trying to sell Tokens of Luck which were about 14k as tokens of best luck which were about 4-5 mill.

I don't get why they can't have both in the game like PWI. Then if you want, you can throw something on auction house, or just sit in a player stall. That way everyone can be happy.

• iceyou
    iceyou Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    How bout an AH but limiting it to 3-5 items per player and players can buy more auction "licenses" from the cash shop for a set amount of days increasing how many items they can sell at a time.
  • francischutney
    francischutney Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    This.
    It would save electricity and I don't really think it makes any good for the computer if you have it on 24/7. :|

Yes it so terrible for computer! My cousin Bilou leave his computer on all time, throughout the night. Now his computer malfunction, as it go wirrrrhrhriiirrrrrrr, it break.
    I told him Bilou, you no let the computer on even when you no longer use it! He say yes yes I use it to sell stuff in the cat store. I say bilou, you leave computer on all night you break it! he say no no it not break!! Now he not listen to me and Bilou break his computer !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~I very much enjoy this lovely game and wonderful people here~
  • mellofan
    mellofan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yeah there needs to be an AH. It displays items quickly and you can sort items by price and such. The best one I've seen yet is the AH in WAR.
  • terencemonster
    terencemonster Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I kind of agree with the above postS.

I find myself turning on the computer even when I'm not playing just to sell stuff. Talk about waste of electricity!

AH is also a great way to get profit from selling items and saves tons of time. I've played a game where there is no AH, boy did that suck :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A recent contest have shown that players love AoE skills! =D
  • sieg526
    sieg526 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    AH is a TOTAL necessary it helps soo much with stuff sitting in ur stash collecting dust and hav no need for them
  • xenophobe
    xenophobe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Auction house > the lag of a thousand shops ruining the most popular towns, and definitely > not being able to find anything without searching said thousand shops. It also helps the economy stabilize quicker as it is easier for a player to check what an item is worth when they can easily see how much others are selling it for.

Another related thing I'd personally like to see is the gold trading AH from PWI brought back.
  • bluewater
    bluewater Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Auction house please.
  • lighttheflame
    edited October 2010
    xenophobe wrote: »
    Another related thing I'd personally like to see is the gold trading AH from PWI brought back.

Yes, definitely.

• acidik
    acidik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I am in favor of this motion. All previous points made above are what I would have said- less lag (Congested major cities ? No thank you), less time wasted (You can log on and level, not log on and sit at a booth; waiting for people to zero in on you within a mass of vendors), less electricity wasted... it just.. makes more sense to have an Auction House then to leave your computer on all night or to sift through hundreds of shops, trying to compare prices and find specific items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Akuubie ✌(o ‿ ~)
  • vedalkin2
    vedalkin2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ^This^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tigrisormic
    tigrisormic Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I vote for AH as well.
    Extremely useful.
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I vote for AH as well.
    Extremely useful.
    +1

/5 char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kddfddlr
    kddfddlr Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    if anyone of you play phase one you should make a thread in CBT1 bug forum...i know it doesnt belong there but in the interview some of PW staff said if western players will be loud enough the devs can add AH...i will make at least one thread about AH every day if needed (untill i get banned lol)...AH is a must, period...especially in no channel servers with high population game like FW
    waiting for CBT phase 1 ...
  • richardlafferty
    richardlafferty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The auction house is an important addition to any MMO and this game would be criticized if it never includes one. Even crappy MMOs have auctions houses. It wouldn't make sense to leave it out of this game, especially since so much effort has gone into making this game super awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • airdrifter
    airdrifter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I doubt they can put an auction house as they have made many changes to the currency in the game to stop real world traders and gold farmers. But if they could find a work around it would be awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IGN: TBD
    Guild: TBD
    Class: Kindred - vampire
    Alt Toon: Bard
  • eiole
    eiole Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    +1 to AH

and/or player shops..do NOT let them populate biggest town *cough lagosaur* rather make some other map that is meant for it (like flea market where ppl reserve shop space rather than randomly pop shops everywhere)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marmajuke
    marmajuke Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I agree one draw back of the other PW games is usually a realm or city is full of player shops and it takes ages searching for the right thing you need, plus it slows down performance while around there, also people have to stay logged in while running a shop which isnt always possible a auction house would alleviate these problems and help price tracking of items especially with noobs selling items for less then there worth.
  • lighttheflame
    edited October 2010
    airdrifter wrote: »
    I doubt they can put an auction house as they have made many changes to the currency in the game to stop real world traders and gold farmers. But if they could find a work around it would be awesome.

In an interview one of the PWE devs said that if people want a AH, they will be able to add one. Hopefully they read this post and see that we all want a AH, and how important it is for the game.

• berbes
    berbes Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    yes to auction housem059.gif