[FAQ] Forsaken World Beta Phase

deathbunny
deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
Here's a list of frequently asked questions. It will be updated as more information comes up during the beta phase of Forsaken World.

This is our old FAQ by obah. Some of the information is outdated.

Closed Beta
Here's a rundown of the Closed Beta phases. Click me.

When is Open Beta?
Open Beta begins March 9, 2011.

Will there be any other phases?
Phase 4 is to begin on February 23, 2011. Followed by OB (date above).

It says I am "accepted" for Forsaken World beta but I can't play/log-in!
I'm typing in the correct information but it keeps saying wrong username and password?!

The status "accepted" means you are slotted in for one of the phases, just does not specify which one yet. If you have not specifically received an e-mail stating which phase you are in, you will simply have to wait for that chance but your place is saved and will get to play during CB.

I received an e-mail with 2 beta keys to give out, am I in Phase 1?
Unfortunately, no. That e-mail is strictly referral and for you to share with your friends and does not mean you were invited into Phase 1. The invitation will say something along the lines of "you are in Phase 1".

I haven't received a single piece of e-mail from PWE, what's wrong?
If you use a Hotmail account or any other for that matter and haven't received any e-mail then make sure you have the following e-mail addresses in your safe list/contacts so that they are not filtered out.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Will there be an IP block?
Yes, PWE has the rights to publish this game in the English speaking Territories of North America and Europe.
These countries CAN NOT play games from Perfect World Entertainment.

China
Hong Kong
Macau
North Korea
South Korea
Taiwan
Vietnam

Unfortunately, we are unable to allow new registrations from these region.

We are obligated to block regions which have their own localization of Perfect World, Ether Saga, Jade Dynasty, or Battle of the Immortals. Some regions are also blocked for administrative reasons. The same regions are blocked for all of our games.
I'm from __________, can I still play Forsaken World?
See above. If your country is not listed then you are able to play. If you are unsure submit a ticket to PWE support (http://support.perfectworld.com) and confirm.

Where can I download the game?
http://fw.perfectworld.com/download

How do I know if I was accepted into Phase x?
You will receive an e-mail specifying the phase you are in. Or you can check by logging in, if you cannot then it means you were not selected.

How many phases will there be?
There are currently two phases scheduled. Players will be notified if there will be anymore depending on the progress and information gathered during the two phases.

How long are the phases?
They are planned to last 3 to 4 weeks per phase.

Will our characters be wiped going into Open Beta?
Yes, all character data will be wiped before going into Open Beta. There will no longer be a wipe going into Phase 4 (changes here).

Where do I report bugs in CBT?
You can report bugs in our Bug Report section. Please be sure to read the Bug Reporting Guideline before posting!

CBT Gameplay

Is this game PvE, PvP, or both?
The game features an open world PvP (aka PK), duels, and guild wars as well as PvE aspects through quests and instances.

Will the Cash Shop be available during Closed Beta?

Yes, the cash shop will be enabled during a future beta phase.

Will there be PvP/PK during CB?
Players will be able to participate in open world PvP (aka PK) when they reach level 30. Further PvP features are planned for Phase 2 and on.

Technical Issues

Help! I don't remember which e-mail I used to register with!
Log into the site, go to Support > My Support and the e-mail you registered with should show up.
Thanks to kirrah for the information.
If the e-mail listed is not the correct one you can then submit a ticket and have PWE support check for you. At least you know where the support ticket will go.

What is the minimum requirement to play Forsaken World?
If you can play any of the PWE titles, then you can most likely play Forsaken World. The official specs should be posted when the game enters CB.

If you have any questions you think should be added feel free to post below. Please keep unnecessary posts off this thread so questions are not missed. This is a first and final warning for any spam. :)
Post edited by deathbunny on

cz47.gif
Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]

Comments

• deathbunny
    edited October 2010
    This isn't quite done yet and will include obah's FAQ but felt the first bit was needed ASAP.

**Please do not spam this thread.

cz47.gif

• villiano
    villiano Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Bravo, bravo indeed...

now probably onstarz and ace can take a break from spamming and trollin the new commers ;p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guild: Phoenix
    IGN: ThatCreep
    Site: http://fwphoenix.guildlaunch.com
    Class: Assassin
    Flames of Rebirth

Its all about the PvP....you've been warned...
  • rawrmonstar
    rawrmonstar Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Maybe now we will see less "When does cbt start?" threads xD
    Idk How to make siggys, but I can change the color and put lots of smilies in! :D:rolleyes:;):):p
  • sieg526
    sieg526 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    AWESOME free zen to tesst out cash shop hope i get invited into phase1 and 2
  • francischutney
    francischutney Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    sieg526 wrote: »
    AWESOME free zen to tesst out cash shop hope i get invited into phase1 and 2

Is it free Zen specifically for the FW beta cash shop only, or is it regular Zen that we can use to save for later, or use on any game? How much zen?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~I very much enjoy this lovely game and wonderful people here~
  • iiace
    iiace Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Is it free Zen specifically for the FW beta cash shop only, or is it regular Zen that we can use to save for later, or use on any game? How much zen?

most likely the former, can only use those zen during beta in fw just to test out the items. and how much? guess they will only announce this info right be4 the Phase 2.

@valliano, I don't troll.
  • onestarz
    onestarz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    villiano wrote: »
    Bravo, bravo indeed...

now probably onstarz and ace can take a break from spamming and trollin the new commers ;p

hey! I'm a nice spammer and I slash trolls xD I am not one of them xP

Ace attacks the newbies tho O: xD
    No longer participating in FW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a Master Healer. But all Masters still have much to learn.
  • deathbunny
    edited October 2010
    Guess I shouldn't say 'ZEN' but whatever cash shop currency they'll be using in-game. It'll only be for FW and is not transferable to any other game. That's how they've usually handled any CB cash shop testing anyway.

In case some people missed it the first time, unnecessary/spam posts will not be appreciated in this thread.

cz47.gif

• darkrulerx
    darkrulerx Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It might end up like the HOTK closed beta where they gave people who signed up after...say April, got 50 cash shop currency, and everyone before that gained 100 of the currency, to use for only that phase, and be wiped when next phase start.
    "People have hope because they cannot see Death standing behind them."
  • lavos900
    lavos900 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Tell them to choose the beta testers soon please, I want to download the game before the servers open -.-
  • masder
    masder Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Great thread, deathbunny. But the question is will people actually read this thread?
    Want to know more about Forsaken World? Then head over to Forsaken World Fans. forsakenworldfans.blogspot.com

[SIGPIC]http://i42.tinypic.com/2iw3k11.png[/SIGPIC]

Race: Elf
    Class: Priest
    Name: Asfer

I aim to be a God..
  • deathbunny
    edited October 2010
    Not any more than they would read any other thread but at least it's here and people can be pointed in the right direction.

It is for the handful of those who actually do look around for answers first before asking and having most of it in one convenient thread.

cz47.gif

• ikriskipz
    ikriskipz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Shall there be prizes like the other closed-beta's you guys have done so far?
  • beynaar
    beynaar Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    To be honest, im not happy about that whole "here is your betakey, now good luck for our beta draw"-thing, but thank you for the clarification. If we're lucky and get picked for phase 1, can we invite friends to play with us (for phase 1 or phase 2)?
  • juflex
    juflex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I think that a link to this thread should be set on the first page on the "Closed Beta" news.
  • xleon009
    xleon009 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    deathbunny wrote: »
    I got a beta key does that mean I'm in Phase 1 and/or 2?
    Not exactly. You have a chance at being invited to Phase 1 or 2 but even if you are not invited for the phases you will eventually be able to play before Open Beta.[/SIZE]

Deathbunny can you answer this please?.. Are invites going to sent out for Phase 2 and then after phase 2 will everyone with a beta key take part in CB.

Or is Phase 2 the last phase and everyone is invited into this phase who has entered a CB key?

This really needs to be cleared up because everyone is putting there own idea out there and crabclaw hasn't clearfied this yet... so please can you get him to do so.
    FW CB Phase 1
    Sinner - Kindred Assassin Lvl 40
    Magex - Human Mage Lvl 40
    Blueyes - Elf Bard Lvl 32
    Spaceman - Dwarf Marksman Lvl 32
  • deathbunny
    edited October 2010
    I has been answered actually...
    How many phases will there be?
    There are currently two phases scheduled. Players will be notified if there will be anymore depending on the progress and information gathered during the two phases.

You will most likely get an invitation for Phase 2 if you did not receive one for Phase 1 if you are chosen. Anything after that is still up in the air.

cz47.gif

• mercbeast
    mercbeast Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Not any more than they would read any other thread but at least it's here and people can be pointed in the right direction.

It is for the handful of those who actually do look around for answers first before asking and having most of it in one convenient thread.

ive done customer service for an mmorpg before and i tell you just looking for information at times can be redundant, you get the same info repeatedly but still not find your answer :( i like search functions as in, search for specific text, awesome feature!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xuphorz
    xuphorz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Help! I don't remember which e-mail I used to register with!
    Log into the site, go to Support > My Support and the e-mail you registered with should show up.

That's not necisarily true. The email listed there is not the same email address I get all my PWE sent to. That only lists the email you registered for PWE support, which can (and is in my case) be different.
  • deathbunny
    edited October 2010
    If that's the case you can then submit a ticket for them to check for you eh?

cz47.gif

• xuphorz
    edited October 2010
    If that's the case you can then submit a ticket for them to check for you eh?

That's how I did it way back in April.
    Check my tickets (if you can), if you don't believe me :P
  • villiano
    villiano Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    iiace wrote: »
    most likely the former, can only use those zen during beta in fw just to test out the items. and how much? guess they will only announce this info right be4 the Phase 2.

@valliano, I don't troll.

hehe, i know Ace, im just messin, you and starz are my favorite trolls err...i mean...people here ;p

hope we get the inv for phase one and see you 2 in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guild: Phoenix
    IGN: ThatCreep
    Site: http://fwphoenix.guildlaunch.com
    Class: Assassin
    Flames of Rebirth

Its all about the PvP....you've been warned...
  • shredmastahflux
    shredmastahflux Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It will be so funny when neither Ace or Onestarz get in phase 1 >: ]
    Of course i wont be laughing if i don't get in either haha

*shakes fist at pwe*
    removal of combat aid = massive boi fail
  • xuphorz
    edited October 2010
    Just by my sheer luck with beta MMO's in the past, I won't get in Phase 1 or 2. When it comes to random selection, it seems like my odds are 1/50th of what they are for others in every game I've tried :P
  • forkstabber
    forkstabber Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Maybe now we will see less "When does cbt start?" threads xD

Don't count on that at all. I remember the spamming in April/May... It wasn't even coming out soon, imagine it now xD
    Thank you for the FAQ (x
    ~LUCKY EGYPTIAN DANCE~wacka wacka~
    ~Ish ye old forum troller~
  • magicle
    magicle Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Nice thread bunny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porcupine - Priest.
    Magicle - Mage.
  • onestarz
    onestarz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    villiano wrote: »
    hehe, i know Ace, im just messin, you and starz are my favorite trolls err...i mean...people here ;p

hope we get the inv for phase one and see you 2 in game.
    It will be so funny when neither Ace or Onestarz get in phase 1 >: ]
    Of course i wont be laughing if i don't get in either haha

*shakes fist at pwe*

im a much better spammer.. xD

however ill wait for the beta like everyone else.. if i dont get accept i dont get accepted.. that just means ill be playing fable 3 till i do because that comes out a day before FW xD
    No longer participating in FW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a Master Healer. But all Masters still have much to learn.
  • forkstabber
    forkstabber Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    onestarz wrote: »
    im a much better spammer.. xD

however ill wait for the beta like everyone else.. if i dont get accept i dont get accepted.. that just means ill be playing fable 3 till i do because that comes out a day before FW xD

Aren't you the guy.. that I weirdly befriended because you used monkeys m054.gif

BUT BUT.. I'm deceived... because you aren't using said monkeys.. oh the confusion...
    ~LUCKY EGYPTIAN DANCE~wacka wacka~
    ~Ish ye old forum troller~
  • chibibatdollz
    chibibatdollz Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Thank you so much for updating the FAQ. This should settle down (a bit) threads asking the same questions over and over again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Username: --

Race:--
    Class:--
    Server:--

The 1st CB phase is October 27

!!Please read the FAQ before posting a question!!

>>Currently, there is no download client for the English Version of Forsaken World<<
  • biggesthobbit
    biggesthobbit Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    If you have any questions you think should be added feel free to post below.

Where should we report any bugs we find? Will there be a forum dedicated to bug reporting?

Is there a format or template that the developers prefer when receiving bug reports?

Will there be any rewards or prizes for the testers who help track down the most bugs?

Will there be a list of known bugs available anywhere to prevent duplicate reporting?
This discussion has been closed.