Level cap and some other stuff that EU and NA players doesn't like.

ouriel125
ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Well, first of all to say hello. It's been a great pleasure that I've been given an beta key and would proudly test the game. But there are some thing that EU and American players doesn't like at the games, someone likes, I can't disagree with that. But I will start with me.
First of all in any game, MMO game that I hate is the grinding and the high level cap(example: 150 level.) If the game going to have high level cap, please reduce it. This game was one of the most anticipated games for 2010, so I guess it will be worth the hype.
Second, please don't make it a grind game so we can reach for about 4-5 weeks the level cap. As most of the EU and NA players hate grinding and high level cap.
I didn't know what else to state, but please post what you think and do you like high level cap or low level cap without grinding. :D
Post edited by ouriel125 on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• marleylol
    marleylol Posts: 26
    edited October 2010
    The level cap for CBP1 is 30...The cap for CBP2 is 50 :D
  • jaico
    jaico Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    How about 4-6 months to cap with enough content to not make it grindy?
    It's a foreign concept but it could happen.
    *Insert flashy sig here.*
    Jaico - Warrior - PI
  • kddfddlr
    kddfddlr Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    4-5 weeks? LOL ...superfast grinding means too litle end game content and pressure on company to provide more patches,new stuff and whatnot...and a lot of whiney a55holes who will be like "im boreed,gimme something to doo plox"

i hope half a year to reach lvl cap at least
    waiting for CBT phase 1 ...
  • ouriel125
    edited October 2010
    marleylol wrote: »
    The level cap for CBP1 is 30...The cap for CBP2 is 50 :D

Yes, I have read that. But probably that will not be level cap. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xleon009
    xleon009 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You really should read up on the game some before asking this stuff. Forsaken World wont be a grinding game its going to use a quest lvling system so you would lvl considerably slower then people who quest if u try just grinding ur way though the game . As for end game lvl cap i think ive seen somewhere it is 120+... China's cap is lvl 80 now i think. I dont know why you dont want a high cap lvl... higher the cap more content the game will have.

So yea to answer ur questions.. there is a high lvl cap and this is no grinding lvling system.
    FW CB Phase 1
    Sinner - Kindred Assassin Lvl 40
    Magex - Human Mage Lvl 40
    Blueyes - Elf Bard Lvl 32
    Spaceman - Dwarf Marksman Lvl 32
  • ultimentman
    ultimentman Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ouriel125 wrote: »
    Well, first of all to say hello. It's been a great pleasure that I've been given an beta key and would proudly test the game. But there are some thing that EU and American players doesn't like at the games, someone likes, I can't disagree with that. But I will start with me.
    First of all in any game, MMO game that I hate is the grinding and the high level cap(example: 150 level.) If the game going to have high level cap, please reduce it. This game was one of the most anticipated games for 2010, so I guess it will be worth the hype.
    Second, please don't make it a grind game so we can reach for about 4-5 weeks the level cap. As most of the EU and NA players hate grinding and high level cap.
    I didn't know what else to state, but please post what you think and do you like high level cap or low level cap without grinding. :D

first;

Learn to spell check. I know a first grader can do better sentence structure than this.

Second;

Nobody gives a **** if there is a lvl cap, or if you have to grind to get to it. If there is a lvl cap, people will hit it one way or another.

I know I personally strive to reach lvl cap no matter what, whether this means I need to quest like a ****, or grind to hell and back. Idc, i'll do them both.

Third;

Saying "Most EU/NA players" is a ridiciously stupid thing to do. For a few reasons;
    America players along total in the millions, add in the EU and you are probably close to 1 bil. (Idk the total amount of people who play at any given time but this is a rough estimate based on the known population of the two places)

Out of those you will probably have less than 10% who hate grinding, and will just quest and dungeon like crazy to lvl ****.
    Another 50% that will grind, dungeon, PvP (if it gives exp), and quest to get to lvl cap.
    And the last 40% are the people who will grind and PvP to lvl cap.

So your general assumption that "Level Cap and some other stuff that EU and NA players don't like" only applies to about 10% of the 1bil. So about 1 mil if my math is correct...
    Yeah I don't think your going to get your wish so suck it up and grind *****!

Fourth;

Again this is just my grammar **** side, BUT GOD DAMN MAN! A FREAKING FIRST GRADER COULD WRITE BETTER THAN YOU!!!
    Hell you could of wrote it in your language and let people do a quick google translator or anything else and it probably would of made more sense than this bull-**** you wrote.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join TheHunters!

Future Forsaken World Top Player and Top Vampire!! :cool::cool:

Future God of PvE and PvP Realms! :eek::cool:

Forsaken World CB:
    IGN: LifeHunting
    Race: Kindred
    Class: Vampire
    Server: PvP >:3
    Level: Lvl cap >:D
    Guild: TheHunters
    Guild Position: Leader
    Wife: ----
  • kitanishi
    kitanishi Posts: 24
    edited October 2010
    1. Level cap is there to prevent you from rushing to endgame. As result of tat usually the mid levels remain untested, thus the first cb1 wilth lvl30 cap will allow the beta testers to actually test and find stuff in mid level content.
    2. The same happened in chinese beta. So swallow it up and be happy. Let's not forget that closed betas are about testing and not about reaching the endgame.
  • forkstabber
    forkstabber Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    first;

Learn to spell check. I know a first grader can do better sentence structure than this.

Second;

Nobody gives a **** if there is a lvl cap, or if you have to grind to get to it. If there is a lvl cap, people will hit it one way or another.

I know I personally strive to reach lvl cap no matter what, whether this means I need to quest like a ****, or grind to hell and back. Idc, i'll do them both.

Third;

Saying "Most EU/NA players" is a ridiciously stupid thing to do. For a few reasons;
    America players along total in the millions, add in the EU and you are probably close to 1 bil. (Idk the total amount of people who play at any given time but this is a rough estimate based on the known population of the two places)

Out of those you will probably have less than 10% who hate grinding, and will just quest and dungeon like crazy to lvl ****.
    Another 50% that will grind, dungeon, PvP (if it gives exp), and quest to get to lvl cap.

So your general assumption that "Level Cap and some other stuff that EU and NA players don't like" only applies to about 10% of the 1bil. So about 1 mil if my math is correct...

Fourth;

Again this is just my grammar **** side, BUT GOD DAMN MAN! A FREAKING FIRST GRADER COULD WRITE BETTER THAN YOU!!!
    Hell you could of wrote it in your language and let people do a quick google translator or anything else and it probably would of made more sense than this bull-**** you wrote.

1;
    I couldn't stop laughing at this
    2;
    I completely agree with each statement.
    If you want a low level cap, buy one of those CD games that only have like 3 levels that I could complete in like 3 hours.
    These type of games aren't supposed to be easy to reach let alone 4-5WEEKS!?
    and 3, grinding is a given. You can't help it lolm173.gif
    ~LUCKY EGYPTIAN DANCE~wacka wacka~
    ~Ish ye old forum troller~
  • ultimentman
    edited October 2010
    1;
    I couldn't stop laughing at this
    2;
    I completely agree with each statement.
    If you want a low level cap, buy one of those CD games that only have like 3 levels that I could complete in like 3 hours.
    These type of games aren't supposed to be easy to reach let alone 4-5WEEKS!?
    and 3, grinding is a given. You can't help it lolm173.gif

Yeah I could probably go through that whole post and make around 10 or more edits and it would be so much clearer and easier to read.

also the only game so far that you can hit close to end-game lvl in 3-5 weeks is PWI because of hyper/oracle. And that is with grinding like a madman on x12 exp in the best areas possible. (FF mainly)
    And there is only one person in PWI who has reached 1 lvl away from the cap of 105. She is a demon because of;
    1. She is pure f2p!! (THIS IS F-IN AMAZING!!)
    2. She has so much free time x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join TheHunters!

Forsaken World CB:
  • uwatomb
    uwatomb Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    first;

Second;

Third;

Fourth;

First to OP, i hope like 3-4 months to reach cap if you play Many hours a day, tho i also don't like hard grind, but, lets wait and see.

To ultimentman, OP only states his opinion and so no reason what so ever to flame him.

What gives you the right to make a personal attack on him just because he made this post?

ultimentman, icanalsotypelikewhateveriwanttoanddontgivearatazzhowyoufreakingfeelaboutspelling!!
  • ultimentman
    edited October 2010

sorry about double post but....;

"Well, First of all I'd like to say hello. It's a great pleasure I've been given by receiving a beta key for Forsaken World. I will proudly test this game but there are a few things I want to tap on first that are my own opinions. First we have a high level cap and lots of grinding. I personally hate having a high level cap because of all the grinding that happens to get to it, which I sadly will never have enough time for. (Example: 150, like China PWI)
    If the game is going to have a high level cap (Over 100 is what he most likely means), please reduce it. Since this games was one of the most anticipated games of 2010, so I'm guessing it'll be worth it.
    Second, please don't make it possible to reach end-game within 4-5 weeks. This, as most of the playerbase in PWE knows, ruins the whole game. The reasoning behind this is because it creates the "QQ We need end-game stuff to do, plz, QQ" crowd who will continuously spam the forums with threads about more end-game stuff to do since they rushed through the game. Also, to retouch on the grinding issue, I really do hate it and I believe most of NA and EU playerbase does too and high level cap.
    As for the rest, I'm not sure what to type or post so just feel free to comment on the Grinding and High level cap."

How much better does that sound??
    uwatomb wrote: »
    First to OP, i hope like 3-4 months to reach cap if you play Many hours a day, tho i also don't like hard grind, but, lets wait and see.

To ultimentman, OP only states his opinion and so no reason what so ever to flame him.

What gives you the right to make a personal attack on him just because he made this post?

ultimentman, i can also type like whatever i want to and don't give a rat azz how you freaking feel about spelling!!

Spaces are your friend :D
    also bolded area's are things you messed up on.

Also I made no real flame at him, or personal attacks. I only stated that a first grader would be able to write more fluently than he would. That and he also didn't bother to use spell check which would of shown him all his errors and made his post more bearable to read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join TheHunters!

Forsaken World CB:
  • kaikaname
    kaikaname Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    lolz play the game 1st before make a complain. :P
    KaiKaname!!~Executioners;)

Strongest and Sexy player in BoI:cool:.. maybe?:rolleyes:
    God of Ninja! Viet/Korean Pride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
  • xxxdrackosxxx
    xxxdrackosxxx Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Both you two (oriel and ultimentman) are wrong. No one did a research on how many ppl like grinding in EU/NA and how many ppl like questing and fast leveling.
    All we know is that the most succesfull western game in the world is WoW and that this game is a reference for other western MMOs.
    What we see in WoW is :
    1-A lot of quests
    2-Fast leveling
    3-Huge end-game content
    4-Attacking while moving (with just some spells ^^)
    5-A huge background
    6-A lot of mounts
    7-A lot of instances/dungeons
    8-Western ambiance.

There are also Lineage fans (most of them are asians and I have numbers if you want them ^^) . This game is based on :

1-Heavy grinding
    2-Very slow leveling
    3-Poor end-game content
    4-Moving with your mouse and attacking while standing like a stone.
    5-Normal background(but F2P have a poor one)
    6-A lot of mounts but not that stylized.
    7-A lot of instances/raids but not as well done as western ones.
    8-Asian/Manga ambiance.

Forsaken World is supposed to be a mix of those two kinds of MMOs and the result (mathematically) is :

1-Some grind(instance farming)
    2-Normal leveling (6 months for casuals to be level max)
    3-Normal end-game content.
    4-WASD movement but you can't really move while attacking.
    5-Normal background
    6-A lot of mounts (Normal ones are cool but cash shop ones will be gorgoeus)
    7-A lot of instances/raids but just some of them will be epic ones.
    8-A ''kingdom hearts-like'' ambiance (Cross over between Manga and Western movies)

In fact , the chinese version of FW is exactly like that. The NA version can (should be) more occidental (for example moving while attacking and better graphics) . But we can't say that ppl like mostly this or mostly that. No research has been done yet so no false numbers please ...

• ultimentman
    edited October 2010
    Both you two (oriel and ultimentman) are wrong. No one did a research on how many ppl like grinding in EU/NA and how many ppl like questing and fast leveling.
    All we know is that the most succesfull western game in the world is WoW and that this game is a reference for other western MMOs.
    What we see in WoW is :
    1-A lot of quests
    2-Fast leveling
    3-Huge end-game content
    5-A huge background
    6-A lot of mounts
    8-Western ambiance.

There are also Lineage fans (most of them are asians and I have numbers if you want them ^^) . This game is based on :

1-Heavy grinding
    2-Very slow leveling
    3-Poor end-game content
    8-Asian/Manga ambiance.

Forsaken World is supposed to be a mix of those two kinds of MMOs and the result (mathematically) is :

5-Normal background
    8-A ''kingdom hearts-like'' ambiance (Cross over between Manga and Western movies)

In fact , the chinese version of FW is exactly like that. The NA version can (should be) more occidental (for example moving while attacking and better graphics) . But we can't say that ppl like mostly this or mostly that. No research has been done yet so no false numbers please ...

On my thing I said "Rough estimate" and i meant VERY rough. I was basically taking the amount of people in both places and combining them into a whole amount and then taking %'s out of it based on what I have experienced throughout all the games I've played. (Around 150 now)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join TheHunters!

Forsaken World CB:
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ultimentman - quit harassing the members you're referring to. Not everyone speaks perfect English, and if you continue with this I'll not be as tolerant as I am now.
  • chibibatdollz
    chibibatdollz Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2010

1. There are many events that helps you not to grind so much, and boosts your experience points. For example, if you are a socialite, an occuptation, or if someone in your party is a socialite,you will recieve bonus experience points. One of the goals the developer thought of while designing the game is to satisfy both, the western and eastern hemisphere players.

2.Who cares about a high level cap? That means it is, lets say, a bit easier to get to lvl 90 than in a game with level 100 as a level cap. I like to appear big and strong :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Username: --

Race:--
    Class:--
    Server:--

The 1st CB phase is October 27

!!Please read the FAQ before posting a question!!

>>Currently, there is no download client for the English Version of Forsaken World<<
  • vampywiz17
    vampywiz17 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    What we see in WoW is :
    1-A lot of quests
    2-Fast leveling
    3-Huge end-game content
    5-A huge background
    6-A lot of mounts
    8-Western ambiance.

1-Heavy grinding
    2-Very slow leveling
    3-Poor end-game content
    8-Asian/Manga ambiance.

5-Normal background

I TOTALLY agree with you!

I playing the CN version and the Forsaken World is a perfect combination of east and west MMO.

For example:

1. east instance:

10041271994197543.jpg

2. west instance:

10041277098509363.jpg
  • acidik
    acidik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Ooh, I really do like the layout of the 'west instance.'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Akuubie ✌(o ‿ ~)
  • raizelthegreat
    raizelthegreat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    kitanishi wrote: »
    1. Level cap is there to prevent you from rushing to endgame. As result of tat usually the mid levels remain untested, thus the first cb1 wilth lvl30 cap will allow the beta testers to actually test and find stuff in mid level content.
    2. The same happened in chinese beta. So swallow it up and be happy. Let's not forget that closed betas are about testing and not about reaching the endgame.

Just my curious side.Are you:
    A:A grammar teacher?
    B:A geography teacher?
    C:Just a person passing by?
  • francischutney
    francischutney Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Please do not make fun of his writing, it is difficult for some people. English is not his first language, and it's not my first language either.

I know people do not like when I say FW should be like PW. But I think the leveling time would probably be best the same as PWI, about a year or two to reach the top, in PWI the cap is 130, but everyone does that usually no more than 110.

I do not like grinding either, I like quests. But unfortunately PW quests are just grinding. The quests need more variety, and we need more fun ways to earn EXP.

Also, WoW is great, people love it! (Except have to pay) I think they should honestly copy WoW. It's not that an original idea anyway, so its not really copying.

Anyway I'm sure in this game for all these problems have been solved already and everyone will enjoy the game there is nothing to worry about heheh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~I very much enjoy this lovely game and wonderful people here~
  • arilzia
    arilzia Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    jaico wrote: »
    How about 4-6 months to cap with enough content to not make it grindy?
    It's a foreign concept but it could happen.

How about no? I'm here to play a game.. not work a second job.
    Because I could not stop for Death-he kindly stopped for
    me-the carriage held but just Ourselves-and Immortality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig credit: Discordia
  • warhound11
    warhound11 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    first;

Second;

Third;

Fourth;

no offense man but i hate grinding i dont care if i go like one mile an hour as long as i dont have to kill 100 of the same thing i am happy and i like being able to go to levels like 100 i dont know why that is bad.
  • warhound11
    warhound11 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Just my curious side.Are you:
    A:A grammar teacher?
    B:A geography teacher?
    C:Just a person passing by?

i think he is the third if he said .tat. i think it does not take sherlock holms to figure it out
  • ultimentman
    edited October 2010
    warhound11 wrote: »
    no offense man but i hate grinding i dont care if i go like one mile an hour as long as i dont have to kill 100 of the same thing i am happy and i like being able to go to levels like 100 i dont know why that is bad.

@ Bold: made me lol. Reminds me of so many quests in other MMO's.

@ Rest: Grinding ain't much of a problem, but I understand what you mean by not wanting to kill 100 of something to just advance.
    If the system was like that i'm pretty sure most people would quit right off the bat because of the insane difficulty to get a single level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join TheHunters!

Forsaken World CB:
  • shredmastahflux
    shredmastahflux Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    arilzia wrote: »
    How about no? I'm here to play a game.. not work a second job.

I agree with this. I don't have time during the week to spend several hours a day grinding. I guess i never realized in other pwe games thanks to in-game bots but im hoping i wont get left in the dust with fw : (
    removal of combat aid = massive boi fail
  • ouriel125
    edited October 2010
    What we see in WoW is :
    1-A lot of quests
    2-Fast leveling
    3-Huge end-game content
    5-A huge background
    6-A lot of mounts
    8-Western ambiance.

1-Heavy grinding
    2-Very slow leveling
    3-Poor end-game content
    8-Asian/Manga ambiance.

5-Normal background

Well, more like western as you mentioned. I did a little research on the net about the grinding, as most of the thing I read about the grinding, everyone hates it. But I didn't find out anything about the end game level. So... I think I will have to accept the level 100+ if there of course not much grinding. I accept the fact if there is a little grinding, but killing tons and tons of mobs, nah. :) Also 'bout my grammar, sorry dude, english is not my primary language and I don't see the point why you have stated this. Also catching the end game level in 4-6 months... you serious?? I must agree with arilzia, it's a game, not my second job. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kddfddlr
    kddfddlr Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    cap is 70 (is it?),but i bet eventually they will raise to 100 after couple of years
    waiting for CBT phase 1 ...
  • xxxdrackosxxx
    xxxdrackosxxx Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    4-6 months for casual players , not for a normal player ^^.
    But as others have already told , F2P devs need more time to develop new end-game content so it explains why leveling is always that slow at the beginning.
    I can't be against that , since you can play and have fun , even if you're not level 80 xD.
  • aliciana
    aliciana Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I don't fully agree with the OP. Many people will reach the level cap within a short amount of time causing a lack of entertainment and boredism. I believe 4-6 months will do.
    I'm an indubitably slow leveler because I have a life outside of the virtual world. I need to fulfill my human needs, too.

Also, as previously mentioned, please do not berate the OP. English is a rather challenging language to learn so please refrain from harshly castigating the OP for he was stating his opinion, with a few grammatical and spelling errors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ouriel125
    edited October 2010
    Imo 2-4 months would be better instead of 4-6 .:P
    Anyway thanks for the defence. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.