test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FW Fanart

Comments

• zappygunzappygun Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    febbers wrote: »
    I really like people who critize art when they themselves aren't artists or anywhere near as good as the artist who they're critiquing. Honestly, Tojupi wanted to share it because she worked hard on it. If you don't like it it's fine, but seriously, she really doesn't care what you have to say. Not because she's uninterested in learning from her mistakes, but because I'm sure she already knows what's wrong. There's some things, especially for new artists, that just can't be avoided. "There's something off about this shoulder" or "I think her leg is over extended" might cross the mind, and they may even try to fix it, but it's all with limited success.

You want perfection? Go to the chinese site. She didn't make it for you specifically anyway, so quit bitching.

Sounds like someone's angry... ;]
    For Phoenix I ride, for Phoenix I fight, for Phoenix I die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join NeverForever! Go to boi-never.guildportal.com and apply; or look for "Join our guild!" in the community tavern (be sure to post your future IGN). :)

IGN: MurderZ
    Class: Champion
    Guild + Rank: NeverForever Leader
    Server: Atlantis
    Level: 42
  • febbersfebbers Posts: 1,565 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Obviously. It ticks me off. That's like a mother saying to a child, "wtf is this" when they bring home macaroni glued to a piece of paper. Even when it's in the shape of an effiel tower or a bridge with like, watercolor and stuff.

Besides, we all know that no matter how hard we try we're never going to beat Chuck Norris at drawing. So I don't know why people think they can shove their opinions where ever they want them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
    Oh, you thought that was bad? Sweetie, you have another thing coming.
  • bunnypiratesbunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    People have their own styles, I find it dumb when someone says the shoulder is too small or the leg looks too long... People see things differently, plus nothing or nobody is perfect.

If you want to critique, go to deviantArt or somewhere. e_e
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O:
    edited August 2010
    I do recall people saying that they posted their artworks here for advice on how to increase their skills, thus I gave them advice, in a way that was as polite as I could state it.

I understand your view on things, and if I insulted anyone with what I meant to post as polite advice, let them please say so, and I will deeply apologize for it.

I do not wish to offend, merely to help. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join NeverForever! Go to boi-never.guildportal.com and apply; or look for "Join our guild!" in the community tavern (be sure to post your future IGN). :)

edited August 2010
    2elz66d.png

Ugh. Two days of work. I decided to redo the corset. Did my costume design based on two or three costumes.

1.) http://sm.duowan.com/1004/134660492843_4.html <--for inspiration for the top
    2.) http://sm.duowan.com/1004/134660492843_3.html <--- the boots are almost a carbon copy.
    3.) http://sm.duowan.com/1004/134660492843_5.html <--- inspiration for the hair.

That's the original canvas size, by the way. I should have made it bigger that way I had more room to work with because I have yet to work in vector layers. Her waist is a little "big" by artistic standards, but if she were an average girl, that would probably be her proportions (37ish, 34,39)

:3 hope you enjoy it. I'll be working on another one, a bust shot, for a priest soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
  • tojupitojupi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    *sigh* <___<
    Why do you make so many assumptions of things i didn't even quoted nor i stated (nor passed through my mind)? When did i claimed that you though your art was perfect? Listen dear Tojupi... I perfectly understand your points, believe me. Its just that from my PERSONAL opinion/point of view/perspective just pointing out things that you also need to work on doesn't make you look good. That's all. I know you are trying to "help" others but believe me... its not making you look any good (at least not to me).
    But i really don't want to make such a big deal out of this. If you want to... ok you win. Carry on.

No, you did not claim that my work was perfect, however it felt like you were implying that I had that kind of mindset. My work is always available for critique, however i've just never felt nor been aware that anyone would think I was being a hypocrite. My personal experiences, critique has always passed forth between myself and another artist when we've had very similar mistakes. Sorry.

I've almost finished the Dwarf (despite being incredibly lazy), her hand, glove and gun is all that needs to be done now. This is a preview of the next one i'll most likely be working on. Elf male warrior. I think I need to thinken his hair on his left side (facing) to make his head look more round. ~__~

Does his chest look a little too skinny to anyone? I srsly fail at male anatomy.
    I have very poor refferences, so i'm going to have to get inventive on his armour from the waist down xD.

warriorlines.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

CB1 Haters- Making playing games for fun illegal.
    edited August 2010
    Does his chest look a little too skinny to anyone? I srsly fail at male anatomy.
    I have very poor refferences, so i'm going to have to get inventive on his armour from the waist down xD

A little bit. Compared to his shoulders, which look pretty muscular. I'd try expanding the chest a little bit. Female figures are easy because the variation is stick, pear, or hourglass shape for the torso. Males are either stick or like clay shape, if that makes sense. Depending on what you do with the chest armor.

http://i34.tinypic.com/idzpeu.png

also; I thought it might have been me so I added some guidance lines for myself to double check, but the hair line (which you did really good on, I can't draw sidebangs for the life of me) makes his chin appear like the right side goes higher up than it really does.

Edit: Also, I think that the waist might be a little high up for a guy, but it's hard to tel because of the sword hilt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
  • feonanfeonan Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    @febbers very pretty colors, I like it a lot!

@tojupi the armor looks awesome, and I love the expression.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heretic
  • tombsgirltombsgirl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i cant tell if that awesome drawing of tojupi's,
    has a small torso or not bcus its too bright on my screen.

but from what i can see,the drawing looks awesome
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    thnks to kaos for makin an awesome siggy ^^
    edited August 2010
    A little bit. Compared to his shoulders, which look pretty muscular. I'd try expanding the chest a little bit. Female figures are easy because the variation is stick, pear, or hourglass shape for the torso. Males are either stick or like clay shape, if that makes sense. Depending on what you do with the chest armor.

http://i34.tinypic.com/idzpeu.png

also; I thought it might have been me so I added some guidance lines for myself to double check, but the hair line (which you did really good on, I can't draw sidebangs for the life of me) makes his chin appear like the right side goes higher up than it really does.

Edit: Also, I think that the waist might be a little high up for a guy, but it's hard to tel because of the sword hilt.

Chyea... I'll fix his hair, there's a few areas I don't like. His chest tapers in ridiculously for a dude, he has a very feminine torso rofl. It's hard to detail muscle tone through armour so i'll just thicken the torso instead. The waist is more or less right behond the sword's hilt so i'll lengthen that too.

I have a little critique for yours also, she's relly pretty and I could only find two things. Regardless though it's reached colouring stage and I don't want to ruin it. xD;

@tombsgirl; Sorry. The last remaining non-tortured pencil I have is very soft. I had to spend a while playing around with the contrast just so I could see it scanned. .__.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

• clowwbpclowwbp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    oh my..a fanart thread?? hohoho..very intresting btw..LAV the OP,s Bard <3

i wonder if im willing to post an art here....shall i do it?? oh..pondering now..
    Bloodpact Guild
    IGN:Cloww
    Class:Unknown
    Playstyle:Unknown
    lvl:Unknown
    Bloodpact Server Overkill, thats what we do Bish!

http://Bloodpact.net/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010

Ugh. Two days of work. I decided to redo the corset. Did my costume design based on two or three costumes.

1.) http://sm.duowan.com/1004/134660492843_4.html <--for inspiration for the top
    2.) http://sm.duowan.com/1004/134660492843_3.html <--- the boots are almost a carbon copy.
    3.) http://sm.duowan.com/1004/134660492843_5.html <--- inspiration for the hair.

That's the original canvas size, by the way. I should have made it bigger that way I had more room to work with because I have yet to work in vector layers. Her waist is a little "big" by artistic standards, but if she were an average girl, that would probably be her proportions (37ish, 34,39)

:3 hope you enjoy it. I'll be working on another one, a bust shot, for a priest soon.

Very nicely done, I surely wouldn't be able to make it like that hehe, though I do notice that the right leg seems a little short, but I think that's mainly because of her skirt being in front of it.

clowwbp wrote: »
    oh my..a fanart thread?? hohoho..very intresting btw..LAV the OP,s Bard <3

i wonder if im willing to post an art here....shall i do it?? oh..pondering now..

It's a very good way of increasing your drawing skills, because many people have many views on things, so they might point out things you didn't know yet. Feedback on things (to me) is always really useful, so that I can get to know what to alter in order to make it better.

It's also really useful to me that I'm a perfectionist (extreme!) with an eye for detail hehe. It's how I've gotten my skills (wouldn't say they're the best, but for an autodidact it's pretty nice) in drawing.

Also: INXS-Suicide Blonde
    Just happened to have that in my head =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• cacandycacandy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    2elz66d.png

Gorgeous!! ^_^ She's not big...she's a girl with a real female figure, not some stick figure frame. I really love the shading and gradient of the dress, really nice.
    tojupi wrote: »
    No, you did not claim that my work was perfect, however it felt like you were implying that I had that kind of mindset. My work is always available for critique, however i've just never felt nor been aware that anyone would think I was being a hypocrite. My personal experiences, critique has always passed forth between myself and another artist when we've had very similar mistakes. Sorry.

I've almost finished the Dwarf (despite being incredibly lazy), her hand, glove and gun is all that needs to be done now. This is a preview of the next one i'll most likely be working on. Elf male warrior. I think I need to thinken his hair on his left side (facing) to make his head look more round. ~__~

I have very poor refferences, so i'm going to have to get inventive on his armour from the waist down xD.

warriorlines.jpg

This looks really good! I look forward to seeing it colored! I think his waist is a little skinny, but he is an elf, so it could go both ways. I fail horribly at male anatomy as well.....females are so much easier to draw for me lol. I think I might just have to post something now...I'm feeling creative. ;]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    tojupi wrote:
    I have a little critique for yours also, she's relly pretty and I could only find two things. Regardless though it's reached colouring stage and I don't want to ruin it. xD;
    No no, tell me! I never flatten my photoshop images anyway, I just take a screenshot and post that into paint and save it that way I don't destroy any of the layers incase I catch something while I'm uploading (which happens so often you don't even know.) You can never ruin something by making it better, don't be silly!

:| Her left shoulder bothers me a lot, but I redid it four times before saying "**** this, she gets a pointy shoulder." And then the shading on the hair...the highlights were OK, I've never been good at textures on anything except for eyes and cloth...but the hair...THE HAIR!!!!!

:D I've started on my priest bust shot...She'll go in my signature when I'm done since I decided that I'll be opening an art thread for CSables or IGgold. +_+ yaayyy money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
    edited August 2010
    Ok, well I was gunna say the left shoulder. It's actually ok, but her arm could taper in a bit behind her bewb before it becomes her elbow.

The other thing was you could put folds and creases on the material falling from her leg just as it comes over the top of her leg to emphasise flow.

Update on the elf dude, due to my housemate taking off with my scanner and other possesions, I am unable to finish him and start other FW art. Unless of course I can manage to learn to draw with my tablet, yech. I like it for colouring, not drawing xD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

edited August 2010
    Yeaahh, that left shoulder where the underarm and the boob meet...was one of those other things I redid...and could never get right xD

I HATE the tablet for drawing. HATE IT. I can't use it at ALL for lineart! My fiance tried to get me to use his bamboo to outline something I scanned in and BBLEECHH!!! It's terrible! I haven't tried it for coloring, though...I started on my next piece as well, but I don't know if I want her to be a vamp or a sin...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
    edited August 2010
    Took me a while to get the hang of it, it's just as natural as a pencil but it still just sucks bawls for lines. I dunno why, but I think i'm gunna have to like it since I can't afford a new scanner as of yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

edited September 2010
    Yeaahh, that left shoulder where the underarm and the boob meet...was one of those other things I redid...and could never get right xD

I HATE the tablet for drawing. HATE IT. I can't use it at ALL for lineart! My fiance tried to get me to use his bamboo to outline something I scanned in and BBLEECHH!!! It's terrible! I haven't tried it for coloring, though...I started on my next piece as well, but I don't know if I want her to be a vamp or a sin...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I noticed you only draw female characters. Well, ofcourse I haven't seen many artworks yet, but I'm just wondering if you draw males too... =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2010
    :| I try not to draw males because I can't imagine how clothing hugs them, you know? With a female (which I am) I can draw from experience. They're just easier to draw. If I draw a guy he either comes out looking way too hardcore, or like a girl.

With that said, this is my new project.

bgsbp5.png

The red circles are thing I need suggestions for. I have no idea wtf I want to do with her hair. Like, I think it would look good with a bob, but at the same time I'm lazy and don't want to perfect the shoulder pads and kinda just want to throw tresses of long hair over most of it so I don't have to deal with it xD

Also; I've redone the bodice legitimately six times, and something still seems....off. About it. Any suggestions?

Ignore the Green Circles. She has four toes for a reason. xD I promise.

Oh, but if you have something to add that has nothing to do with the circles, tell me!

Here's the inspirational piece for itl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
  • pandoraremixpandoraremix Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Just drop the coat's corner down to like the same height as to where her belly button would be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deal with it - umadbro.net
    edited September 2010
    :| I try not to draw males because I can't imagine how clothing hugs them, you know? With a female (which I am) I can draw from experience. They're just easier to draw. If I draw a guy he either comes out looking way too hardcore, or like a girl.

With that said, this is my new project.

The red circles are thing I need suggestions for. I have no idea wtf I want to do with her hair. Like, I think it would look good with a bob, but at the same time I'm lazy and don't want to perfect the shoulder pads and kinda just want to throw tresses of long hair over most of it so I don't have to deal with it xD

Also; I've redone the bodice legitimately six times, and something still seems....off. About it. Any suggestions?

Ignore the Green Circles. She has four toes for a reason. xD I promise.

Oh, but if you have something to add that has nothing to do with the circles, tell me!

Here's the inspirational piece for itl

It's pretty nice, already. For the hair, I would personally go for black hair, a little bit... um... I can't really explain, but I've found a picture that looks slightly like it here.
    As for the waistline, I think it's fine, might make it a little smoother, but I guess you know that, too.

Also, a cool picture from a cool film: http://media.nola.com/entertainment_impact_tvfilm/photo/0723-salt-angelina-jolie-2jpg-eefc50ea3c2e1d38_large.jpg Boom! >=)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2010
    I'm assuming she's a vamp due to the claws. I say long and flowing hair, either with a slight breeze through it or just falling behind + infront. That's what I would do anyway x].
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

edited September 2010
    tojupi wrote: »
    I'm assuming she's a vamp due to the claws. I say long and flowing hair, either with a slight breeze through it or just falling behind + infront. That's what I would do anyway x].

Claws... makes me think of assassin, rather than vamp o_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2010
    I'm assuming she's a vamp due to the claws.

Indeed she is. I'm thinking of making her blue.

And, what do you mean by smooth out the waistline, Murderz? xD I can't see it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
    edited September 2010
    Oh, by the way.

In the downtime of your recently departed scanner (may it rest in peace) you could also upload art to another website.

A few people really prefer the fansite over the FW forum because you don't really have to watch what you say/read as much spam (since the forums are new.)

I've had a couple people ask if you would upload your art (your as in anyone who's posted art here) in the gallery on FWhaven.

:3 pretty please? My mage looks so lonely by herself .-.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
    edited September 2010
    Indeed she is. I'm thinking of making her blue.

And, what do you mean by smooth out the waistline, Murderz? xD I can't see it!

Well, it's made out of a few straight lines, instead of a single smooth curve, but that will probably 'fade away' in later stages, so you won't see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• forgottensaint7forgottensaint7 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Well took me long enough to figure they moved the thread to off-topic section. -.-

Anyway I made two new drawings. Yay me. *cough* Both I have intention to color at some point, even thou I have no experience in coloring or photoshop what so ever, but first try went fairly good so who knows.

So this one was supposed to be dwarf aiming at something or someone [hope that much is clear, wasn't to all people] . I didn't think drawing dwarf riding was such a tough job but well I made it somehow. Not 100% satisfied with dwarf but mount fixes it.

HuntersMark-1.jpg?t=1284022057

And 2nd drawing. Look dwarf again. This is supposed to be image of my main. I really like this one. Originally it was bear and not tiger, but saw wow dwarf pics had bears so chose tiger, turned out even better than first version. I already started with coloring this one.

HuntingPartners-1.jpg?t=1284022113

Yes I like dwarves and shall be playing one when beta starts. They are more awesome then people think. And shall be fun kicking stoneman's asses.
    febbers wrote:
    I've had a couple people ask if you would upload your art (your as in anyone who's posted art here) in the gallery on FWhaven.

:3 pretty please? My mage looks so lonely by herself .-.

Shall do that. Hopefully soonish.
    Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still ****.
  • luca7luca7 Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Momo
    Guild: TBD
    Kindred
    Vampire

I'm the Nicest person you'll ever meet

• melfiemelfie Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    my future Kindred Mage. >D Though I must say, I'm not pleased with the way my camera made the colored pencil look. =x The colors look better IRL. D;

2mf0ol2.jpg

Edited: I added another version that wasn't so bright. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★
    IGN:MelfinaRose
    Class:Mage
    Race:Kindred
    Guild: Leader of Eclipse
    eclipse-fw.guildlaunch.com
    ☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★
    edited September 2010
    o: Nice. I really like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3