What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FW Fanart

Comments

• onestarzonestarz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    tojupi wrote: »
    O.o
    I'm talking about people as subjects for the art. Even if you sucked at drawing humans, you could always do mounts/ mobs and scenery. Particularly if you did scenery, you could collaborate with an artist who does character subjects.

mehh xD... no =P im shy haha xD
    No longer participating in FW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a Master Healer. But all Masters still have much to learn.
  • forgottensaint7forgottensaint7 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Wow it is really discouraging to post anything after I saw tojupi's art that is lovely. Btw I like your style, clean lines, nice shading and so good in digital art coloring makes me jealous.

But anyhow I decided to be bold and for once show some of my not so good art. I was bored yesterday and drew dwarf marksman. Armor and "flintlock" are semi-original used two armors to make this one and for "flintlock" used one gun and did some minor changes on it purely to make it easier for me to draw it down.

All done with pencil just adjusted on PC to see it more clearly. I know some parts of pic are not good (as shading and dwarven "skirt" and whole composition of pic) but I am still learning. Hope you like it regardless of that mistakes.

MarksmanFanart-1.jpg?t=1282208970

Btw dragon is supposed to be dead if that is not obvious. Most people said to me he looks like he is sleeping. tiger_001.giftiger_001.gif
    Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still ****.
  • tojupitojupi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Wow it is really discouraging to post anything after I saw tojupi's art that is lovely. Btw I like your style, clean lines, nice shading and so good in digital art coloring makes me jealous.

But anyhow I decided to be bold and for once show some of my not so good art. I was bored yesterday and drew dwarf marksman. Armor and "flintlock" are semi-original used two armors to make this one and for "flintlock" used one gun and did some minor changes on it purely to make it easier for me to draw it down.

All done with pencil just adjusted on PC to see it more clearly. I know some parts of pic are not good (as shading and dwarven "skirt" and whole composition of pic) but I am still learning. Hope you like it regardless of that mistakes.

Btw dragon is supposed to be dead if that is not obvious. Most people said to me he looks like he is sleeping. tiger_001.giftiger_001.gif

That's supposed to be "not so good"? xD
    I love it. The dragon easily looks dead thanks to the tounge rolling out. If you wanted to emphasise it though, trying drawing some bruises and blood dribbling from it's mouth. It's easy, for a bruise you just need to a shade a patch with a bit of cross-hatching.

Even just scars to show it had been in a battle.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

CB1 Haters- Making playing games for fun illegal.
  • zappygunzappygun Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ha ha, thanks. But I like to tell people the same thing, it all just boils down to practice. I didn't just wake up one day and go "FREAKIN' SWEET, I CAN DRAW! HALLELUJAH!" I've been drawing since around the age of 5.

(Although it dosen't mean you have to have been drawing since that age to become good, everyone is at different levels of development, and it's never too late to start. Put it this way, your favourite athlete didn't get to where they're at simbly by wishing to be there, they put in the hard work and reaped the rewards. You can only fail if you give up.)

I've only just recently got into the digital scene and i'm still very much a newb, but I found it's excellent since there's so many effects you can't acheive just with pencils. If you're able to get a graphics tablet (mine only cost $150) it mimics a pencil, and feels alot more natural than a mouse.

Sneak peek: (50% done)

Age of 5? That's early... But I know that already, I simply haven't been drawing for that long (I began taking it a bit more seriously at the age of 12 or so, and I'm 15 now). I'm progressing fast, though. =)

Btw nice preview, hope to see the rest soon =D

I love it. The dragon easily looks dead thanks to the tounge rolling out. If you wanted to emphasise it though, trying drawing some bruises and blood dribbling from it's mouth. It's easy, for a bruise you just need to a shade a patch with a bit of cross-hatching.

Even just scars to show it had been in a battle.

I agree that it's really nicely done, though emphasising might be an idea as to how to make it look more dead, although I wouldn't go for bruises, but rather bullet wounds, since he uses a gun, not a blunt weapon that would cause bruises, like a club.

Otherwise, you did a really great job. =D

Also, I'm very good at advising people on things, because I learn things fast, I observe alot. This does cause people to think of me as a smartass pretending to know everything about it sometimes, though =\
    For Phoenix I ride, for Phoenix I fight, for Phoenix I die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join NeverForever! Go to boi-never.guildportal.com and apply; or look for "Join our guild!" in the community tavern (be sure to post your future IGN). :)

IGN: MurderZ
    Class: Champion
    Guild + Rank: NeverForever Leader
    Server: Atlantis
    Level: 42
    edited August 2010
    i agree to all of the above its a really nice drawing.. i looked at the pic tho and it seemed to me that the dragon was dead but then i read the bottom and you said that people thought he was sleeping and now it seems that way to me haha xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• toadeyes2toadeyes2 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    forgattensaint7 tha dragon is awsome i love how you did the tongue rolling out and i am definetly no artist i think that you should a have drawn it eyes open and with a bullet wound in the head with blood gushing out then it would really seem dead to me but like i said im no artist so it looks really awsome *lol dwarf in a 'man-skirt'*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN:ISLEY
    CLASS: VAMPIRE
    RACE: KINDRED
    GUILD: undecided
    SUBCLASS: AS MANY AS I CAN DO
    :cool:

I see the strongest and smartest men who have ever lived. I see all this potential damn it, an entire generation pumping gas and waiting tables; they're slaves with white collars. Advertisements have them chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy stuff we don't need. We are the middle children of history No purpose or place. We have no great war, or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised by television to believe that one day we'll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars ... but we won't.
  • dhakiyadhakiya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm a big fan of art history...
    Not exactly a master piece but for an amateur its progressively aesthetically pleasing ..
    ^^ good Job
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Thnx Infamous
    What exactly is true happiness? Happiness resembles a mirror,
    a direct representation of having life means being happy,
    not worldly possessions.
    ~Dhakiya
    edited August 2010
    tojupi wrote:

Well yes since as I said shading is not so good weather from lacking bright areas, weather from seeing lines that is not supposed to be the case. Composition is not good since dwarf should have been couple of steps forward and not in same line as dragon. Skirt is not "folded" properly, not realistic as it should be. All in all I find it pretty decent could be better if all done right but then again I am perfectionist in my own art so I am never really truly satisfied.
    tojupi wrote:

On the original I really did draw some blood dripping from dragon's eye and several gunshot wounds over its head but that didn't come out well by my opinion and therefore I decided for this "clean" version. Oh well maybe with little practice I pull it out somehow to good looking wounds.

Thanks to all comments. All advices and suggestions as well as critics are welcome of course if they make sense.

Also this forum char limitation sucks greatly cutting of my post so much QQ.

On topic I did 3 other pics so hope you like them too. This one is protector fanart. On this one I didn't have much work since stone golem as you can see is not really "stylish". I didn't put much effort in design but he is made of stone so what is there to add. Only objection I myself have on this one is overly thick stoneman arm that I noticed after it was done and didn't want to erase to **** it up but ok. And also lack of design in hammer but not all weapons have to be shiny and cool looking don't they.

StonemanvsStoneGolem-1.jpg
    Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still ****.
    edited August 2010
    Well since all can't get in one post sorry for the double.

Anyway this one was meant to be warrior fanart but I guess it turned into giant snake boss fanart since all focus is on the snake but ok my bad. Snake is original boss in some instance I saw on cindeboy's blog and I liked its design so used it now. On this one I didn't put much effort was really easy and quick to draw. I myself mind not adding pattern to the ground, thought of desert sand but didn't want to risk to ruin it as I mostly do so that might come later on. Hope you like it.

WarriorFanart.jpg

And this one is mage vs fire 65 people world boss fanart. Not much to say I mind myself not adding ace lines to mage but didn't mind that on paper since looked okay now I see on PC doesn't look so good so I shall edit that at some point and lack of skill in shading to make more cool looking spell effects but ok did decent as it is now. Also people said World boss has that dragon ball kamehame stance and look he really does somewhat but that wasn't intentionally.

MageFanart-1.jpg

As you might noticed I don't do backgrounds just yet what makes pics less good but hope you like them. I am currently thinking of bard and assassin pic and hopefully I will drawn them soon if they end up any good.
    edited August 2010
    ahahaha i like that one with the stonemen xD

hes like uhhh... xD

very good drawings =D

ill give a mini critique lol... the big thing i see is that space is really messed up lik in that one with the snake and the warrior... the snake is way to high up its like hes on a mountain without the mountain
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2010
    StonemanvsStoneGolem-1.jpg

Very nice, you can really see the hate beaming out of the Golem's eyes, even though there's nothing in the eye itself to make that happen, only the outlines, which is quite hard to achieve. I mean, you can make anything look evil by making its eyes look like they're burning or give them a specific color, but it's alot harder to make something look evil by drawing only the outlines of the eye, and not the actual eye itself.

I can definitely see that you have a different drawing style than me, but I can't say you're less good at it because of that. ;]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join NeverForever! Go to boi-never.guildportal.com and apply; or look for "Join our guild!" in the community tavern (be sure to post your future IGN). :)

edited August 2010
    The biggest thing for me I think is I like how you're being adventurours and not limiting yourself to simple poses like most ametures/ intermediate artists do because they're too afraid to draw hands/ feet/ limbs. (Like me, lmao.)

Some critique i'd like to give though, is don't be afraid to lengthen their bodies. I know the dwarfs are naturally short but from the waist down the other subjects who have tall bodies their legs seem to be too small for them. Especially the protector, who for someone with a thick neck, strong head and protuding chest has very tiny feet. (;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

edited August 2010
    onestarz wrote:
    ill give a mini critique lol... the big thing i see is that space is really messed up lik in that one with the snake and the warrior... the snake is way to high up its like hes on a mountain without the mountain

Well first idea was to draw warrior charging at the snake but that didn't end up pretty well. Pose of the warrior was just blah so I just put him standing there steady. I agree that it is bit far away and there is bit too much open space but I didn't really feel like fixing it after I already drew it but I shall today hopefully. All I need is other perspective I believe that is all. I shall post the outcome so you can judge is it any better.
    tojupi wrote:
    The biggest thing for me I think is I like how you're being adventurours and not limiting yourself to simple poses like most ametures/ intermediate artists do because they're too afraid to draw hands/ feet/ limbs. (Like me, lmao.)

Well I do find it more entertaining and as you said more adventurous to draw different poses but can't say I do that out of my head. I usually take pic of myself in that pose and than draw by it makes it all lot easier. Of course as you can see by body proportions that cause a lot of difficulties.
    tojupi wrote:
    Some critique i'd like to give though, is don't be afraid to lengthen their bodies. I know the dwarfs are naturally short but from the waist down the other subjects who have tall bodies their legs seem to be too small for them. Especially the protector, who for someone with a thick neck, strong head and protuding chest has very tiny feet. (;

Yes I noticed that too. tiger_033.gif You should have seen his head at first was large as his whole body but changed that in time. The problem is that I do most of figures solo on one paper without background, without anything and then do some minimizing when putting all on one paper that causes mistakes in body proportions but for stoneman. Well I saw some pics of them ingame and on char creation they seemed to me like they have small legs so I just followed accordingly even thou not it looks funny.

Anyway thanks all for comments and critiques they are most helpful.
    edited August 2010

Well I do find it more entertaining and as you said more adventurous to draw different poses but can't say I do that out of my head. I usually take pic of myself in that pose and than draw by it makes it all lot easier. Of course as you can see by body proportions that cause a lot of difficulties.
    And there's nothing wrong with that. I often need to take a photo of my hand in a certain pose to get it right. Stupid hands have to be so annoying x]

I've really found that the best way to combat mis-proportions is just starting out the sketch in the typical stickman with shapes. I'll put in a basic skeleton if I need to to make sure i'm getting it right.

The problem is that I do most of figures solo on one paper without background, without anything and then do some minimizing when putting all on one paper that causes mistakes in body proportions but for stoneman. Well I saw some pics of them ingame and on char creation they seemed to me like they have small legs so I just followed accordingly even thou not it looks funny.

Yeah typically they're quite larger in the upper body compared to the lower. I understand you're aiming for that, just I personally think his feet came out a little too small for his stature. Overall all though, it's pretty damn good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

edited August 2010
    tojupi wrote:
    I've really found that the best way to combat mis-proportions is just starting out the sketch in the typical stickman with shapes. I'll put in a basic skeleton if I need to to make sure i'm getting it right.

Well I too most of times start only with stickman, then add simple circles and squares to gain some bulk on the character and after that I go in adding armor, facelines and other necessary things but as you can see I still fail sometimes.

Anyhow I was on the road over the weekend and didn't have much time to draw but when returning back home there was huge car jam on the highway about 23 km long so was trapped in the car for about hour and a half tiger_041.gif. So while waiting there I did a sketch of assassin drawing and in my opinion it turned out pretty well.

When came back home redrew it on new paper for clean and straight lines since original was messy, added armor design to assassin and well that is all. I have some objections myself such as warrior face, hair and position of assassin's daggers that didn't turn out so well nor their shape and in the end nor did hands holding daggers [i shall change that too eventually]. I made myself things little easier when added "mask" [more like a rag] to assassin's face but ok hope that doesn't decrease quality of drawing [if any].

AssassinFanart.jpg?t=1282552661

And as you can see I failed terribly in attempt of drawing blood tiger_033.gif. Weather from dripping from sin's daggers or flowing from warrior's throat but meh me was not to change that one drawing was done.

Well that would be all for now from me. Hope I encouraged more people to post their work too. Feel free to critique mine in meantime.
    edited August 2010
    Well I too most of times start only with stickman, then add simple circles and squares to gain some bulk on the character and after that I go in adding armor, facelines and other necessary things but as you can see I still fail sometimes.

Anyhow I was on the road over the weekend and didn't have much time to draw but when returning back home there was huge car jam on the highway about 23 km long so was trapped in the car for about hour and a half tiger_041.gif. So while waiting there I did a sketch of assassin drawing and in my opinion it turned out pretty well.

When came back home redrew it on new paper for clean and straight lines since original was messy, added armor design to assassin and well that is all. I have some objections myself such as warrior face, hair and position of assassin's daggers that didn't turn out so well nor their shape and in the end nor did hands holding daggers [i shall change that too eventually]. I made myself things little easier when added "mask" [more like a rag] to assassin's face but ok hope that doesn't decrease quality of drawing [if any].

And as you can see I failed terribly in attempt of drawing blood tiger_033.gif. Weather from dripping from sin's daggers or flowing from warrior's throat but meh me was not to change that one drawing was done.

Well that would be all for now from me. Hope I encouraged more people to post their work too. Feel free to critique mine in meantime.

It's really good, though I do see that the bodily proportions are slightly off. I might have a tip, though; the body as a whole, is 8 times the head. This means that there's 1 time for the head itself, 3 times for the upper body, and 4 for the legs and hips.
    Also, instead of continually having to get up and make pictures of yourself, you could get one of those wooden (or plastic) model dummies, that you can put in any position you would like, for a few dollars (or whatever currency it is that you use).

I do also notice that it's all rather 2D than 3D. Nothing wrong with that, but as you can see, the victim in this drawing looks like it's at almost the same distance from the eye as the assassin, but a little lower, like on a staircase.
    A nice way to make it look more 3D, is to place certain details (like the spikes on the assassin's armor) not at the very edge of the character/object, but a little more in it.
    Other ways are to make a sort of ground that they both stand (or kneel) on, so that it's easier to imagine the amount of distance between them, and to shade the characters/objects a bit more (it's not necessary to shade them entirely, but a few darker spots in the right places can really work magic).

I hope this helps a bit. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2010
    zappygun wrote:
    It's really good, though I do see that the bodily proportions are slightly off. I might have a tip, though; the body as a whole, is 8 times the head. This means that there's 1 time for the head itself, 3 times for the upper body, and 4 for the legs and hips.

Yes I am aware of those body proportions. I even did measurements on myself to check how true are they but I find it little difficult to hold to them when doing people so miniature and in different positions. Me is not so good yet. On other side when have complete freedom of my own design I do fairly well following them.

But as I mentioned assassin was done in car so I was not really in position to measure head, body etc I did it by eye and when it was still a stickman it seemed right. But meh that is least of my worries I guess since measures can always be easily changed.
    zappygun wrote:
    Also, instead of continually having to get up and make pictures of yourself, you could get one of those wooden (or plastic) model dummies, that you can put in any position you would like, for a few dollars (or whatever currency it is that you use).

I was not introduced with those until now. I checked it already and they sure look interesting and helpful. I just might get one eventually. Thanks for the tip. Will be helpful when changing perspective.
    zappygun wrote:
    I do also notice that it's all rather 2D than 3D. Nothing wrong with that, but as you can see, the victim in this drawing looks like it's at almost the same distance from the eye as the assassin, but a little lower, like on a staircase.

Hmm yeah I see your point but I didn't pay attention to shading after marksman pic merely because I am still not good in it therefore for now I stick with cleaner lines. I want first to master simple drawing of characters and objects. Shading is I believe much more easier done on PC in photoshop so that I shall train there.
    zappygun wrote:
    A nice way to make it look more 3D, is to place certain details (like the spikes on the assassin's armor) not at the very edge of the character/object, but a little more in it.

Armor design I used is semi-existent and originally spikes begin on back of shoulder guard so is not seen but shading would help in achieving that better, maybe in adding distance between armor and spikes rather than looking like they are attached one to another. This way it doesn't look so good does it. I shall add that to edit list of this pic.
    zappygun wrote:
    Other ways are to make a sort of ground that they both stand (or kneel) on, so that it's easier to imagine the amount of distance between them, and to shade the characters/objects a bit more (it's not necessary to shade them entirely, but a few darker spots in the right places can really work magic).

Like mentioned before shading is still not my stronger side. I am aware of how much shading helps in achieving 3D effect but it also separates average from good artists and for now I am still average if not amateur in it. After all I am actively drawing only for year and a half.

All in all thanks for tips and critique. I am still waiting to see some of your work, can't be worse than mine.

Anyway I am doing on edits now and that shall be all for me, after I shall return to my non-FW art since bard came out fairly bad and for cleric and vamp I have no ideas on what to draw so don't think on doing them. Anyways thanks for tips and comments.
  • bunnypiratesbunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Fanart, nomnom... I'm not epicly pro but yeah, just wanted to share, free forum right? >:
    Edit, dayum, the pic is too huge for these forums xD I'll link instead, lol.
    Click here~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O:
  • hijikatasanhijikatasan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2010

*Aheemm!!* Even though i agree with you I dont think you are the most considerable nor suitable person to say this. If you would take some constructive criticism from me I would suggest that you also fix the proportions of your drawings. Taking the two works i have seen from you ( the bard and the dwarf female) their heads are bigger than what they should be and the rest of the bodies are smaller. Learn to fix these problems (if they are or perhaps you intended for them to look like that) and then later criticize other people. But as for you and the rest of the people who have posted fan art you have my approval for the efforts and dedication.

Also.. another thing to the general masses... I think i saw some Fan art totally UN RELATED to FW?!? If that's the case plz dont advertise nor post it at all. This is a FW forum not an show your art forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do not worry... Its just red paint." ;P

(\ __/)..........(\___/).............
    (^,..,^)
    ..<3.. (=,..,=)...........
    C(")_(")
    .........(")_(")D.....4utnv
    edited August 2010
    *Aheemm!!* Even though i agree with you I dont think you are the most considerable nor suitable person to say this. If you would take some constructive criticism from me I would suggest that you also fix the proportions of your drawings. Taking the two works i have seen from you ( the bard and the dwarf female) their heads are bigger than what they should be and the rest of the bodies are smaller. Learn to fix these problems (if they are or perhaps you intended for them to look like that) and then later criticize other people. But as for you and the rest of the people who have posted fan art you have my approval for the efforts and dedication.

Also.. another thing to the general masses... I think i saw some Fan art totally UN RELATED to FW?!? If that's the case plz dont advertise nor post it at all. This is a FW forum not an show your art forum.

O_o. Wow.

First off, I never said I was perfect. My work will never acheive perfection for that matter, as I continously seek to improve it. Secondly, we are all different stages in our skill development. There's no set phases of improvement for anyone, we all excel in different areas and always have different areas which need improvement.

That's not just limited to art, either. I'm not bashing anyone on this forum, and if anyone here is unable to take some constructive criticism, well give up now because you won't learn. I am constantly battling my own areas, which include perspective, body/head proportions/, hands/ feet ect / colour/ lighting ect.

However this dosen't make me any less credible to give constructive criticsm. It's taken me years but i've at least come to the stage where I can regocnize most of my mistakes instantly or within a week, however there's still a few areas I need work on. There's notihing wrong with pointing out mistakes in other's work to the owner if they are open to it, since they can only benefit from that. I very much admire forgottensaint's work.

In the art community I constantly receive criticsm from other artists who are below, at and above my level, and they also receive from me. No one has a bone to pick with anyone for it, and we don't see it as hypocricy.

No one here is a professional and you've more or less just singled my criticsm out for no reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CB1 Tester.
    Lime - Vampire
    Skittles - Bard

edited August 2010
    It doesn't take great artist to see mistakes in others work, even person that never did art can see illogicality in piece of drawing. I don't expect only great artist to comment on my work, if I did I probably wouldn't post here in the first place since this is gaming and not art community therefore everyone can critique and freely speak their opinion. I think all people can give good, constructive critic regardless of the fact do they draw or not, or do they make same mistakes or not.

As for example onestarz didn't post any of fanart [so far, i hope he will] and therefore some might say he is not credible for giving art critique as he did on my warrior fanart. But I liked his critic and think he is absolutely right therefore I redrew warrior and I think that edit is better than first version. But here see for yourself. Of course there are still things to improve like clouds [what a fail, they look like 6 year-old drew them] and more not to mention now but still I think it is improvement.

RedrawnWarrior-1.jpg?t=1282728025

Hope snake is no more mountain without a mountain. tiger_042.gif

Also for zappygun. He is only 14 I believe [seen in inro thread] so some might think he is too young to critic but his critique on assassin fanart was 100% true. Therefore I did edit to change my mistakes and well to achieving more 3D look so I put spikes more into the shoulder guards [i don't say it looks good], did some shading even thou it is not seen on the pic, tried to fix body proportions [even thou I see now it is still same problem] and decreased the gap between warrior knees and assassin's feet trying to put them in same line [well they still aren't but meh it is slightly better]. Warrior face turned out better on first pic thou in my personal opinion.

RedrawnAssasssin.jpg?t=1282727180

Their critics were helpful. And even thou they might be worse then 6-years-old children when it comes to drawing, since I didn't see their art [no offense guys], I take their critic in consideration and so is with tojupi's. Even thou she has same problem as me I guess in dealing with body proportions she is still great artist and still very credible in giving her opinion. Every comment is helpful in its own way. And I do post to get some suggestions on how to improve not just for sake of showing cause I do not benefit from that. So rather keep comments directed to art and not to other people's comments it is much more helpful.
  • hijikatasanhijikatasan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    O_o. Wow.

First off, I never said I was perfect. My work will never acheive perfection for that matter, as I continously seek to improve it. Secondly, we are all different stages in our skill development. There's no set phases of improvement for anyone, we all excel in different areas and always have different areas which need improvement.....

*sigh* <___<
    Why do you make so many assumptions of things i didn't even quoted nor i stated (nor passed through my mind)? When did i claimed that you though your art was perfect? Listen dear Tojupi... I perfectly understand your points, believe me. Its just that from my PERSONAL opinion/point of view/perspective just pointing out things that you also need to work on doesn't make you look good. That's all. I know you are trying to "help" others but believe me... its not making you look any good (at least not to me).
    But i really don't want to make such a big deal out of this. If you want to... ok you win. Carry on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do not worry... Its just red paint." ;P

(\ __/)..........(\___/).............
    (^,..,^)
    ..<3.. (=,..,=)...........
    C(")_(")
    .........(")_(")D.....4utnv
    edited August 2010
    /neglected
    Anyway lol I think any kind of critique is just for your own good [unless the person lies, which sadly happens when someone can't ''hurt the artist's feelings'' etc.]. If you can't take any other comments but the ''good'' ones, you shouldn't really publish anything :|
    And not to forget about the fact that everyone has their own and unique style. Picasso's art looks pretty weird to most of us, but for someone it's beautiful and so on. Some friends of mine always tell me to fix certain parts in the pictures I draw because they look odd to them, but others say that they look perfectly fine for them.

Just my two cents~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2010
    Yes I am aware of those body proportions. I even did measurements on myself to check how true are they but I find it little difficult to hold to them when doing people so miniature and in different positions. Me is not so good yet. On other side when have complete freedom of my own design I do fairly well following them.

But as I mentioned assassin was done in car so I was not really in position to measure head, body etc I did it by eye and when it was still a stickman it seemed right. But meh that is least of my worries I guess since measures can always be easily changed.

Okay, I understand. In that case, I have some other tips: if you have inspiration for a drawing, but not the time or location (like in a car), you could simply make a smaller sketch to help you remember what exactly you wanted to draw, and when you do have time and are in the right location, you could look it up again and make it for real =)

Another tip is that you can first keep sketching the stickman version over and over again in the same position, altering it every time (also using the dummies I mentioned in my previous post), until you've found the right one. =)

I was not introduced with those until now. I checked it already and they sure look interesting and helpful. I just might get one eventually. Thanks for the tip. Will be helpful when changing perspective.

No problem my good friend. I remembe playing with those when I was like 6 or so, because my mom was a painter (she does something different now).

Hmm yeah I see your point but I didn't pay attention to shading after marksman pic merely because I am still not good in it therefore for now I stick with cleaner lines. I want first to master simple drawing of characters and objects. Shading is I believe much more easier done on PC in photoshop so that I shall train there.

I see. Well, everyone is good at different things. I, for example tend to overdo the shadows, and make important details invisible, and really try to better that. =)

Armor design I used is semi-existent and originally spikes begin on back of shoulder guard so is not seen but shading would help in achieving that better, maybe in adding distance between armor and spikes rather than looking like they are attached one to another. This way it doesn't look so good does it. I shall add that to edit list of this pic.

Understood. In that case, you could try adding little details to the shoulderguards in order to make them seem more 'round', such as adding a little 'reflection line', as I'll call it for now, in the right shape. =)

Like mentioned before shading is still not my stronger side. I am aware of how much shading helps in achieving 3D effect but it also separates average from good artists and for now I am still average if not amateur in it. After all I am actively drawing only for year and a half.

Well, for someone that hasn't been drawing for very long, you're really good, many others that have been drawing for much longer would do worse. ;]

All in all thanks for tips and critique. I am still waiting to see some of your work, can't be worse than mine.

I will when I find the time (I think I might try tonight, and if it doesn't work, I'll try again tomorrow when theres more light and time =P).

Anyway I am doing on edits now and that shall be all for me, after I shall return to my non-FW art since bard came out fairly bad and for cleric and vamp I have no ideas on what to draw so don't think on doing them. Anyways thanks for tips and comments.

<Comments are in 'darkorange'>
    Fanart, nomnom... I'm not epicly pro but yeah, just wanted to share, free forum right? >:
    Click here~

Wow, that's really nicely done, congrats!
    It doesn't take great artist to see mistakes in others work, even person that never did art can see illogicality in piece of drawing. I don't expect only great artist to comment on my work, if I did I probably wouldn't post here in the first place since this is gaming and not art community therefore everyone can critique and freely speak their opinion. I think all people can give good, constructive critic regardless of the fact do they draw or not, or do they make same mistakes or not.

As for example onestarz didn't post any of fanart [so far, i hope he will] and therefore some might say he is not credible for giving art critique as he did on my warrior fanart. But I liked his critic and think he is absolutely right therefore I redrew warrior and I think that edit is better than first version. But here see for yourself. Of course there are still things to improve like clouds [what a fail, they look like 6 year-old drew them] and more not to mention now but still I think it is improvement.

Very nice, though I did notice that it looks like the warrior seems to be missing a foot o.O
    Also, it might look a bit more realistic (as far as that's possible with a giant monster snake hehe) if you'd make the tail a little longer, and maybe wrap it around its body a bit if you don't have space on the paper

Hope snake is no more mountain without a mountain. tiger_042.gif

Also for zappygun. He is only 14 (15 by now, hehe) I believe [seen in inro thread] so some might think he is too young to critic but his critique on assassin fanart was 100% true. Therefore I did edit to change my mistakes and well to achieving more 3D look so I put spikes more into the shoulder guards [i don't say it looks good], did some shading even thou it is not seen on the pic, tried to fix body proportions [even thou I see now it is still same problem] and decreased the gap between warrior knees and assassin's feet trying to put them in same line [well they still aren't but meh it is slightly better]. Warrior face turned out better on first pic thou in my personal opinion.

Hehe, thanks my friend. I simply observe alot, and say what I think in a way that's as understandable and friendly as possible ;]

Very well done, you can see some real improvements (not trying to say the earlier version was bad, it's great), you can now see see the 3D-effect more clearly, because of the added shading (as I said before, a few light shadows can work magic =P) and placing of the characters and details of people, and I do notice the altered bodily proportions. It worked out really well =)

I do agree that the warrior looks a little sleepy now (but then again, isn't death Eternal Sleep?)

Their critics were helpful. And even thou they might be worse then 6-years-old children when it comes to drawing, since I didn't see their art [no offense guys], I take their critic in consideration and so is with tojupi's. Even thou she has same problem as me I guess in dealing with body proportions she is still great artist and still very credible in giving her opinion. Every comment is helpful in its own way. And I do post to get some suggestions on how to improve not just for sake of showing cause I do not benefit from that. So rather keep comments directed to art and not to other people's comments it is much more helpful.

Overall, very nicely done, you're a great artist, and I agree that advice should remain directed at the artwork (I can't deny that it's art, hell if I would!), and in a polite manner. When someone posts an artwork in order to get advice and thus improve his or her skills, he isn't waiting for critic, but for advice and tips. ;]

-Sorry for epically long post! piggy_028.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2010
    Click here~

I like it. Would probably be better if you drew its arms since by your gallery it is obvious you are good at that part too, or perhaps even the whole body. But it is great. Love how you drew feathers, look really realistic. All in all it is great, lines, shading, even proportions of head compared to body. Nice work.
    zappygun wrote:
    Okay, I understand. In that case, I have some other tips: if you have inspiration for a drawing, but not the time or location (like in a car), you could simply make a smaller sketch to help you remember what exactly you wanted to draw, and when you do have time and are in the right location, you could look it up again and make it for real =)

I wouldn't really call it moment of inspiration, rather moment of hour and a half of boredom so doing just a sketch wouldn't help with dealing with that. But indeed I had intention of remaking whole drawing once home but I had it all done, seemed all right at that moment and well I am not fond of changing already drawn drawings therefore I kept original version aware of certain flaws. [wasn't aware of composition fail at that time]
    zappygun wrote:

Very nice, though I did notice that it looks like the warrior seems to be missing a foot o.O
    Also, it might look a bit more realistic (as far as that's possible with a giant monster snake hehe) if you'd make the tail a little longer, and maybe wrap it around its body a bit if you don't have space on the paper

Missing a foot? tiger_041.gif I drew crippled warrior fighting enormous snake, oh no he is going to be eaten. lol
    I see what you mean but well I am completely unsatisfied with how warrior turned out. His front arm [his left] is not in natural position, his front leg [again his left - crippled one] is also in unnatural position, sword looks like it is bended and hair -.- omg what is what his hair. But on bright side I think snake turned out pretty well.

Well that is all from pencil drawings. Hopefully I shall buy tablet in few days [as soon as i pick one - so far wacom bamboo fun m pen & touch is closest pick but idk is little expensive 250$ tiger_027.gif] so I shall start working on pc rather than wasting tons of papers. So you might see more of my drawing around here.
  • vicioushuntressvicioushuntress Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    >_> I've been reading few last posts, and checked fanart...I really like tojupi's art, that bard looks really nice. I myself like to draw and paint too, but i won't post anything cause it doesn't have anything to do with FW.
    What actually i wanted to say; i don't see why anyone wouldn't give their opinion/criticise others work, cause it's what artists do, in all helpful/good intensions. Even we see our mistakes, we can't make something perfect (if perfect even exists), but that's why we can help others and also train our ''eye for art'' and analize every art we can.
    Personaly, i like everything to be in proportions, and even if you draw some ****/deformed human/animal being, and also if painting is all messy it can always be proportional and look better then anything else imho :)
    O and i totally suck at photoshop and those programs lol, so i like paper better =P
    edited August 2010
    >_> I've been reading few last posts, and checked fanart...I really like tojupi's art, that bard looks really nice. I myself like to draw and paint too, but i won't post anything cause it doesn't have anything to do with FW.
    What actually i wanted to say; i don't see why anyone wouldn't give their opinion/criticise others work, cause it's what artists do, in all helpful/good intensions. Even we see our mistakes, we can't make something perfect (if perfect even exists), but that's why we can help others and also train our ''eye for art'' and analize every art we can.
    Personaly, i like everything to be in proportions, and even if you draw some ****/deformed human/animal being, and also if painting is all messy it can always be proportional and look better then anything else imho :)
    O and i totally suck at photoshop and those programs lol, so i like paper better =P

Eh heh heeh same for me man, I can't really figure out GIMP (and am to lazy to actually try), so I prefer paper and pencil. It feels a little more natural, too. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2010
    I find Gimp laggy and confusing x_x I prefer Artweaver~ ♥
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2010
    I find Gimp laggy and confusing x_x I prefer Artweaver~ ♥

Heheh, everyone his/her own preferences, right? =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• febbersfebbers Posts: 1,565 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I really like people who critize art when they themselves aren't artists or anywhere near as good as the artist who they're critiquing. Honestly, Tojupi wanted to share it because she worked hard on it. If you don't like it it's fine, but seriously, she really doesn't care what you have to say. Not because she's uninterested in learning from her mistakes, but because I'm sure she already knows what's wrong. There's some things, especially for new artists, that just can't be avoided. "There's something off about this shoulder" or "I think her leg is over extended" might cross the mind, and they may even try to fix it, but it's all with limited success.

You want perfection? Go to the chinese site. She didn't make it for you specifically anyway, so quit bitching.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
    Oh, you thought that was bad? Sweetie, you have another thing coming.