xstaticstrata Posts: 12 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
personally im against this
Post edited by xstaticstrata on

Comments

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    As far as I know equipment won't "break". Persoanlly I'm happy that I won't have to keep having to repair my gear because in other games its insanely expensive, especially since I got for DD classes (and yes, tank classes have a way bigger repair bill).
  • kaikaname
    kaikaname Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    same waste money, hated when i have to repair my gear EVERYSINGLE time after dungeons/instant/boss/ pvp or wars [because im a warrior] .. cost alot .. if they do make it durability go reallllllllyyyyyy long like last 3-4 days.. and please the cost to repair not rip off T_T
    KaiKaname!!~Executioners;)

Strongest and Sexy player in BoI:cool:.. maybe?:rolleyes:
    God of Ninja! Viet/Korean Pride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
  • merokotenshi
    merokotenshi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yeah I always disliked having to fix everything

It wastes money..

And Cleric skills are already a rip off >.<

So no durability in fw

Unless.....

If you are a bladesmith or armorsmith

And then you can fix your own stuff free of charge

Then I am fine :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks mortalz for sig!
  • bulletstorm
    bulletstorm Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm not against it and it would make sense when trying to upgrade your equipment. Having it 100% safe if you fail kind of ruins things. Not to mention they'll lose money in the long run if they don't implement it. ;x
    IGN: BulletStorm
    Race: Dwarf
    Class: Marksman
    Guild: N/A
    Server: N/A

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You found a moralistic decay, all you need!"
  • riionx
    riionx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm not against it and it would make sense when trying to upgrade your equipment. Having it 100% safe if you fail kind of ruins things. Not to mention they'll lose money in the long run if they don't implement it. ;x

I wouldn't mind repairing my equipment, but I like the 100% safe when upgrading ;-;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Neosdex for the sig, no thanks to my broken Photoshop >>
  • merokotenshi
    merokotenshi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    riionx wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind repairing my equipment, but I like the 100% safe when upgrading ;-;

Same here

I don't like losing stuff to upgrading >.<

TT.TT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks mortalz for sig!
  • riionx
    edited March 2010
    Same here

TT.TT

Maybe implement breakage later on though, but early on it would be good not to have breakage XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zappygun
    zappygun Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    My opinion is, do implement durability, but make it go slow and be relatively cheap. And when trying to upgrading stuff, just make dura go down (say, 25%) in case of failure.
    If dura gets to 0, the weapon/armor piece won't be usable until it's repaired again, but no special procedures or loss of items, only more expensive than keeping it up to full.
    For Phoenix I ride, for Phoenix I fight, for Phoenix I die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join NeverForever! Go to boi-never.guildportal.com and apply; or look for "Join our guild!" in the community tavern (be sure to post your future IGN). :)

IGN: MurderZ
    Class: Champion
    Guild + Rank: NeverForever Leader
    Server: Atlantis
    Level: 42
  • phrenikos
    phrenikos Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    No thanks, invincible armor plx.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sadotoki - 40 Warrior
  • w6t9f
    w6t9f Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    as for now didnt saw anything about repairing so crossfingers
  • miriabran
    miriabran Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i hate durability
  • pizzblack
    pizzblack Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Even though repairs are a gold sink...I think it could really kill a game over, especially if it is

PvP oriented.
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

There once was a BlackCard...~
  • bulletstorm
    edited March 2010
    How would it kill a game? Gold isn't really spent on anything else in this game so it's not like you'd be broke. Durability is important, otherwise there is no penalty for enhancing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angelcity6
    angelcity6 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    for enhancing it's okay and acceptable but in general i don't like it, after an instance/dungeon whatever you would have to repair and that's a waste of time and money like the previous posters said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feel free to send me or the leader and the other co-leaders;zappygun,eleoste,gamekillz ,stipriausias a PM regarding Never Forever, don't forget to tell us your IGN also join at fw-never.guildportal.com

Female Gamer ftw!

Please use the SEARCH FUNCTION, once you try it, you will soon figure out the wonders of using it and you will not be able to live without it's power! it is very addictive.
  • towermaster
    towermaster Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Same here

TT.TT
    Maybe implement breakage later on though, but early on it would be good not to have breakage XD

There's no durability loss.

In FW, equipment will not degrade nor break if an upgrade fails (Materials/catalysts used in upgrade will be consumed in either case).

There's an indicator of Success rate of upgrade (xx%) as player stack upgrade stones etc before they commit the upgrade.
  • xerlleon
    xerlleon Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2010

In FW, equipment will not degrade nor break if an upgrade fails (Materials/catalysts used in upgrade will be consumed in either case).

There's an indicator of Success rate of upgrade (xx%) as player stack upgrade stones etc before they commit the upgrade.
    May I ask you where you got this piece of information? If it is not official, please try not to spread rumors.
    Siggy made by my luvable Hasune <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • towermaster
    towermaster Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    xerlleon wrote: »
    May I ask you where you got this piece of information? If it is not official, please try not to spread rumors.
    It is in the official Chinese FW site, game info under "Equipment Upgrading/Enhancing" if you know where to look.

Here is the actual link:
    http://shenmo.wanmei.com/info/equip/weapon/20100225/43639.shtml
  • chaoticshelly
    edited March 2010
    xerlleon wrote: »

It was actually posted in several blogs. I'd look it up, but its almost 3AM and I'm too lazy to do it. In any way, this information is currect.
  • bulletstorm
    edited March 2010

That'll sorta ruin things with no durability. But that system reminds me of Requiems, exactly.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • autumdusk
    autumdusk Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Another thing to consider regarding the "no break on fail", is it will decrease the number of "rage quits" that happen in other mmo's with weapon upgrading. How many times have you seen some uber-gear owner going for that *final* +1 to max, only to have weapon go to +0? And how often, right after that, has that same player left? I think "keep upgrades on fail" is aimed a bit a "player retention". Hardcore PvP'ers are an item mall's "lifeblood", and keeping players around to (hopefully) *continue* spending is much preferable to having them spend for a month, and leave.

With the player-controllable success percentages, (based on upgrade stones used), you will see a very large market for said stones, and possibly the end of "lucky upgrade" items in cash shops (which statistically always equaled "waste", to me)

Another tidbit that I've yet to see elaborated on is the armor "strengthening". I read something, a while back, and was never 100% sure I read it correctly. I would ask Towermaster (whom I trust implicitly) if there's any word.

And, I did read somewhere, that weapons have "lifespans", but I can't backtrack it in the Chinese forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Gazing out across the plains of possibility, do you not feel with all your soul, how we have become like gods? And as such, are we not indivisible? As long as a single one of us stands, we are legion!"
  • xerlleon
    xerlleon Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It is in the official Chinese FW site, game info under "Equipment Upgrading/Enhancing" if you know where to look.

Here is the actual link:
    http://shenmo.wanmei.com/info/equip/weapon/20100225/43639.shtml
    Thank you ^-^

Everything seems to check out, a reliable source of information on this topic.

Yay go towermaster =D
    Siggy made by my luvable Hasune <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pedrob
    pedrob Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The problem I see with the "no break on fail" is that it will limit the market for those that actually focus on crafting, as they'll sell less for the need will be reduced and in turn this will make prices go up so they can support their craft.

As for the equipment durability, I would be for it, as mentioned above, it supports our crafters and brings some reality to the game, getting hit by a big elite mob for 12k criticals 3 times in a row and your armor doesn't scratch? give me a break. However there should be some rework on it, we all hate having to carry a complete set of spare armor and weapons in case they break during a fight, so having a system implemented that lets you repair the quality x amount of times before you can't repair it anymore and eventually break, this gives player the ability to keep track of when their equipment might break and simply replace it ahead of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cinderboy
    cinderboy Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    equipment durability is added... but in a different way...

http://mmoculture.blogspot.com/2010/03/forsaken-world-china-cb-details.html

scroll down and find :D
    Journalist @ OnRPG.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My blog - mmoculture.com
  • kaikaname
    kaikaname Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    5. Equipment enhancement, socketing, and more will be made available. A new "Durability" system is added to equipments. When players die, instead of losing experience, equipments' "Durability" will be deducted instead.

so we gonna lost alot of durablility? oor it gonna cost crazy to repair? lolz
    KaiKaname!!~Executioners;)

Strongest and Sexy player in BoI:cool:.. maybe?:rolleyes:
    God of Ninja! Viet/Korean Pride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
  • chaoticshelly
    edited March 2010
    cinderboy wrote: »
    equipment durability is added... but in a different way...

http://mmoculture.blogspot.com/2010/03/forsaken-world-china-cb-details.html

scroll down and find :D

Ugh hell, better avoid death as much as possible when low-level :cool:
  • pedrob
    pedrob Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the link Cinder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nagual9
    nagual9 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I support the intem durability becouse it give to the game a little more reality... is like someone want to be immortal becouse he have to spend money on pots...
    Can u stop thinking for at least 1 second? I don't think so.
    But if you can... means you are able to do impossible things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thx to mortalz for the unbelievable sign :eek:
  • riionx
    edited March 2010
    Ugh hell, better avoid death as much as possible when low-level :cool:

Better than later on when even 1% takes awhile...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    edited March 2010
    Better than later on when even 1% takes awhile...

I think you're confusing this with EXP... Durability is different. It's less likely for me to die when high level, personally, then it is when I'm still "green". At level 80 I'm hard to knock down, whilst at a lower level the chances are bigger... So if one keeps dying and decreasing their weapon durability, they're likely to lose more battles, PvP and PvE.
  • riionx
    edited March 2010
    I think you're confusing this with EXP... Durability is different. It's less likely for me to die when high level, personally, then it is when I'm still "green". At level 80 I'm hard to knock down, whilst at a lower level the chances are bigger... So if one keeps dying and decreasing their weapon durability, they're likely to lose more battles, PvP and PvE.

Since it costs durability instead of exp when you die, then later on you will only pay durability instead of losing exp. Since at those levels you should theoretically have SOME money, then repairing it should be less of a hassle then regaining that lost exp xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.