what do you think are roll wil be?

woefieke
woefieke Posts: 22
edited July 2011 in Bard Discussion
I personaly think we will be somewhat between buffer and caster, overpowered bye the priest buf wise and overpowered casting wise bye the mage. But i do think that when played well we will be a real asset to sqauds
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pedrob
    pedrob Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If you look at the small video in one of these Bard threads, you'll see that they have some spell damage capability but not enough to be a DPS class, and it is mostly a group buff class.

Also there's a thread with a list of skills (which can and most probably will change over time) so you get an idea of what you can and can't do.

I would suggest you take a look at the skills list first, then the video so you have an idea of what's going on and see the play style, since playing a Bard in this game won't be for the button smasher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Barb along with blood controller are the most mysterious classes of all. Bard being the most mysterious, and probably the most unique - seeing as they have their own way of fighting.

It will be interesting to see how the bard will be incoporated within a party in instances and boss fights, I can't wait to see how powerful or how weak they are next to other classes.

P.S.
    It's our and by as opposed to are and bye :)
  • phrenikos
    phrenikos Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Most likely a support/dps hybrid class who's probably extremely versatile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sadotoki - 40 Warrior
  • vahrna
    vahrna Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    We will have to wait and see.

A good Bard has probably many faces, versatile enough to hold his own in pvp, but his real focus will probably be on team support. Though I also heard of some AoE capabilities. The Bard is a mysterious class indeed ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eonstar
    eonstar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Agreed.

Thats one of the things that has me on my toes. Its seems that Bards can help the Priest heal and use buffs to help others. My guess is that they're going to be a multi-purpose class. Depending on the situation they can help healing the party, do some DD or just aid with buffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I give you my love, for all else I have already given away...
  • scarabea
    scarabea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    So basically the equivalent of the Aion Chanter - I think I've found my class :) Let's hope it won't be too much fotm though.
  • vahrna
    vahrna Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    scarabea wrote: »
    So basically the equivalent of the Aion Chanter - I think I've found my class :) Let's hope it won't be too much fotm though.

I imagine the Bard to be a bit like that class, but able to do better at solo'ing. Well, talking about other games is against the forum rules ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pedrob
    edited March 2010
    eonstar wrote: »
    Agreed.

Thats one of the things that has me on my toes. Its seems that Bards can help the Priest heal and use buffs to help others. My guess is that they're going to be a multi-purpose class. Depending on the situation they can help healing the party, do some DD or just aid with buffs.

If you look at Cinder's blog, at this point in the chinese version, there's only one heal spell for the Bard and it's a group heal (Celebration of Life), which usually translates to smaller heals or big mana hog.

I think it'll be more of a group utility than solo (but can still solo well since half its skills are for solo play), has the group buffs (Moral Boost, Song of the Winds, Staunch Defense), and the CC (Wind of Ice, Heaven's Tune).

Note that the group buffs except for the speed and the Winds of Ice CC, will require musical notes to be activated.

**Keep in mind as many have pointed out, this is a early list of skills which will most likely change as beta progresses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eonstar
    eonstar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    pedrob wrote: »
    If you look at Cinder's blog, at this point in the chinese version, there's only one heal spell for the Bard and it's a group heal (Celebration of Life), which usually translates to smaller heals or big mana hog.

I think it'll be more of a group utility than solo (but can still solo well since half its skills are for solo play), has the group buffs (Moral Boost, Song of the Winds, Staunch Defense), and the CC (Wind of Ice, Heaven's Tune).

Note that the group buffs except for the speed and the Winds of Ice CC, will require musical notes to be activated.

**Keep in mind as many have pointed out, this is a early list of skills which will most likely change as beta progresses.

Bards have 2 heals since one is a group heal and the other a self heal. The self heal "Tune of Light" heals the caster instantly and it's power seems to be related with the number of E notes you have. I'm guessing that the more you have the better it will be. It also grants the caster "Holy Light Blessing" status that makes the Celebration of Life group heal more effective.

I can't wait to try the Winds of Ice skill, it sounds awesome. But, of course, these skills might change once the game is officially released.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I give you my love, for all else I have already given away...
  • merokotenshi
    merokotenshi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hmm...

From what I have read from the skills

Bard is probably more like a damage dealer or distractor?

Cause of the sleep skill

If the party was to go aoe a bunch of mobs and don't want to get hurt

They can have the bard put them all to sleep and then fight them!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks mortalz for sig!
  • alzerius
    alzerius Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Err...Bard is more of the buff type class I suppose, guess we'll all have to see what they're really for once the beta comes out.
    IGN - Alzerius
    Race: (probably) Kindred
    Class: (probably) Vampire / Assassin
    Guild: N/A
    Server: N/A

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Kaikaname for epic sig :)
  • pedrob
    edited March 2010
    Hmm...

From what I have read from the skills

Bard is probably more like a damage dealer or distractor?

Cause of the sleep skill

If the party was to go aoe a bunch of mobs and don't want to get hurt

They can have the bard put them all to sleep and then fight them!

If you hit an enemy that's "Asleep" you will wake it up, so if you go aoeing everything that bard used it's CC on, it'll be for naught. The CC is used to control the battle, pick one at a time and have the entire team focus on that one while the others are "sleeping" to increase speed of kill and the amount of damage taken by your team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • uke1
    uke1 Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Bard is supposed to be group support instead of solo or damage dealer. Also to whoever said something about chanter in aion earlier. Chanters are amazing at soloing XD
  • devinity
    devinity Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    vampires will be OP, ill see to it that i find a fighting technique to make it so >;D
    and our role will be to make the party's opponents resign to their fates. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Name: Danasis Lekhoven aka Jenius
    Race: Kindred
    Class: Vampire
    War cry: 'Lets dance'
    Job: full time God.
    MInions:SkarlathokamimooshSavageFlowerDinoman
    DhakiyafreesoupkaikanameRawrmonstarKanikaPricy12
    the immortal God of insanity welcomes you into his realm
  • fatalmoon
    fatalmoon Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hmm our role will be to run into the middle of a gathered group of mobs and wipe the floor with them after buffing a party lol i dont think being a "buff character" would be much fun anyways it should be more like a dmagae thing with the ability to buff everyone amd heal when the need comes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

the fates decide our destiny. our hearts decide our passion.
  • altair519
    altair519 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Eveytime a read about bards it makes me wanna play as a bard instead of vamp. After I'm about 20-10 lvls away from max lvl on my vamp I'll make bard as my alt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skyepersona
    skyepersona Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Probably going to be support/novelty class, just my speculation tho. we will see when cbt comes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • uke1
    uke1 Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It sounds like a normal buff class (but for groups) o.o. Damage skills but not enough to be damage dealer and 1 or 2 heals
  • devthehero
    devthehero Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I can see the bard being very similar to the chanter from aion, even though it seems to have less healing spells. As far as I can tell, bards will be a requirement for groups, in some cases replacements for priests when high healing isnt needed. They will also be very strong in pvp for their ability to not only do decent damage but to keep themselves healed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dev/CokeClassic - Bard/Marksman
    DieForHonor - Hardcore PvP Guild
    DFH - Accepting new Applicants! Current roster 12/40 for FW.
    dieforhonor.com
  • zoroes
    zoroes Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Honestly, I see this class being extremely similiar to the class called Chanter in the game Aion. The Chanter was a secondary healer, party buffer using mantras, and was more balanced between fighting and healing rather than the Cleric which was strickly healing. So I see this class being more of the same thing, focusing on party buffs and balancing between fighting and healing. Although, even though it's considered a "secondary healer" doesn't mean it still can't get the job done, because it can...you just need to learn when to fight and when to heal. Clerics, they usually don't do much fighting and mostly stay back and heal which is what makes them PRIMARY healers, because they aren't doing anything else and usually have a wider choice of healing spells. Secondary healers usually have more offensive attacks and spells but still have a few healing ones as well, which allows them to fight on the front lines in a group (if there is a cleric), or if there isn't a cleric they can stay back and heal from a distance. That's what I think is going to make this such a versatile class, because it is most likely going to have fair soloing due to the fact that it can fight and heal, and for that same reason will be able to fulfill many roles in group quests and battles. But on a different note (no pun intended), I think it is also going to be one (if not THE) hardest class to use, because it looks like it's going to have a skill chain/effects simiar to assassins but to a different tune (ok, pun intended that time ;)) So I would definitely NOT recommend this to a newcomer to MMOs, and I usually don't recommend those people to any healing class period because they usually play such a vital role in any group's success, so I definitely prefer more experienced players to take on that burden so that our tank's and "pullers" know that they are in good hands.
  • scarletwitch
    scarletwitch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Bards should just tattoo "SUPPORT HERE" on their foreheads and enjoy it.

I know I'm going to need another leash for a bard...

>;3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Astarte
    Home: Blackcard
    Position: I am a BlackCard Queen, I can do anything
    Race: Kindred
    Class: Mage
    Job: Tamer!
  • Rhap - Eyrda
    Rhap - Eyrda Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    All the specualtions about bards was cute :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    sig thanks to OnlyDolly!
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    Kunal - Eyrda Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    All the specualtions about bards was cute :D

Don't necro threads! D:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rhap - Eyrda
    edited July 2011
    D: why not! We must embrace our past to have a healthy future!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    sig thanks to OnlyDolly!
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    D: why not! We must embrace our past to have a healthy future!!!!!

forum commandment number four hundred seventy-two million, six hundred fifty-eight thousand, nine hundred thirty-one: Thou shall not necro threads older than 9/10ths of active forum threads.
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Rhap - Eyrda
    edited July 2011
    forum commandment number four hundred seventy-two million, six hundred fifty-eight thousand, nine hundred thirty-one: Thou shall not necro threads older than 9/10ths of active forum threads.

That is so wrong! Forum commandment number four hundred seventy-two million, six hundred fifty-eight thousand, nine hundred thirty-one is Thou shall not make **** jokes on a lunar eclipse. DUH!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    sig thanks to OnlyDolly!
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    That is so wrong! Forum commandment number four hundred seventy-two million, six hundred fifty-eight thousand, nine hundred thirty-one is Thou shall not make **** jokes on a lunar eclipse. DUH!

nuhuh XP
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Castellon - Storm Legion
    Castellon - Storm Legion Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This went from necro to spam. I love you guys. XD
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    Kunal - Eyrda Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This went from necro to spam. I love you guys. XD

No, bad bard! *whacks newspaper on head*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]