test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Landscapes

zappygunzappygun Posts: 374 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
Yes, this thread is about the landscapes in FW.
You might have noticed (cough!) that the landscapes found in Forsaken World are extremely beautiful.

What I find pretty amazing, though, is the diversity of surroundings and locations; you can have fun dehydrating in the desert, drowning in endless seas or beautiful and wild rivers, stumbling upon boobytraps in ancient temples in the middle of some rainforest, die from the stench in a medieval city, or simply perish out of boredness in one of those classical countryside barns.

Well, ofcourse there's other things to do in those locations, but you get the idea.

This all indicates that, either those climates don't really merge into eachother and are just plainly put together in one small map, or the place is really huge!! o_O (hoping for the last one hehe)

What would be your opinion about those landscapes, and which one(s) do you like best?

Personally, I like 'em all, equally lolz. :D

Nice job, developers, on that one!! :D:D
Post edited by zappygun on
For Phoenix I ride, for Phoenix I fight, for Phoenix I die.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Join NeverForever! Go to boi-never.guildportal.com and apply; or look for "Join our guild!" in the community tavern (be sure to post your future IGN). :)

IGN: MurderZ
Class: Champion
Guild + Rank: NeverForever Leader
Server: Atlantis
Level: 42

Comments

• vahrnavahrna Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    A dark, quiet forest, I will probably like most. A bit like in this screenshot:
    uddeepforestfountain.jpg

I am also hoping for a large world. Does anyone know if there will be maps or an "open" world?

Edit: Resized mine, sorry about the size.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nagual9nagual9 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I like tham all too =) hope are huge maps and not small...
    Can u stop thinking for at least 1 second? I don't think so.
    But if you can... means you are able to do impossible things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thx to mortalz for the unbelievable sign :eek:
  • cinderboycinderboy Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Compiled some landscape screenshots a few weeks back:

http://mmoculture.blogspot.com/2010/01/forsaken-world-screenshots.html

There will be more than enough different landscapes for you to admire, since each area consist of around 10-20 zones.
    Journalist @ OnRPG.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My blog - mmoculture.com
  • zappygunzappygun Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    From what I have seen in some gameplay vids I didn't understand 'cause they were on YouKu, I saw that there isn't an 'open world', but rather several different, smaller maps. Still quite large, though.

But I'm not sure if it's true, though.

Maybe I would think this one to be the best, though:
    10041267448906163.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join NeverForever! Go to boi-never.guildportal.com and apply; or look for "Join our guild!" in the community tavern (be sure to post your future IGN). :)

edited March 2010
    zappygun wrote: »
    From what I have seen in some gameplay vids I didn't understand 'cause they were on YouKu, I saw that there isn't an 'open world', but rather several different, smaller maps. Still quite large, though.

But I'm not sure if it's true, though.

As long as the zones aren't too small, I am fine with it.
    The landscapes are quite diverse and interesting, so there is a lot to see. I look forward to exploring them all :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshellychaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Guys, if you're using imageshack theres the option of using a resized image or a thumbnail when posting on forums. Posting large images makes it hard to read posts and view the pictures properly. Thanks :D
  • angelcity6angelcity6 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i must admit the egyptian like zone is definitely my favourite (:, it looks awesome from what i can tell in the screenshots ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feel free to send me or the leader and the other co-leaders;zappygun,eleoste,gamekillz ,stipriausias a PM regarding Never Forever, don't forget to tell us your IGN also join at fw-never.guildportal.com

Female Gamer ftw!

Please use the SEARCH FUNCTION, once you try it, you will soon figure out the wonders of using it and you will not be able to live without it's power! it is very addictive.
    edited March 2010
    The part which I squared its name below, contains 24 zones, including the main city, Freedom Harbor.

fwarea.png
    Journalist @ OnRPG.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My blog - mmoculture.com
    edited March 2010
    cinderboy wrote: »
    The part which I squared its name below, contains 24 zones, including the main city, Freedom Harbor.

Is that the starter area?

And anyone else like the swamp? (look in cinderboy's collection to see a picture of it)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    angelcity6 wrote: »
    i must admit the egyptian like zone is definitely my favourite (:, it looks awesome from what i can tell in the screenshots ^^

The Egyptian inspired area is the most left area of the map I posted above. 13 zones in that area :D
    Journalist @ OnRPG.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My blog - mmoculture.com
    edited March 2010

<picture>
    what exactly do you mean? 24 seperate maps, with portals between them, or just one big map, with zones like in PWI?
    Also, what about the enormous areas around the colored parts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2010
    vahrna wrote: »
    Is that the starter area?

And anyone else like the swamp? (look in cinderboy's collection to see a picture of it)

I only know Elf and Stoneman starts at a island at the lower right of the world map, and then they will need to take a ship to Freedom Harbor.

Kindred's town is the area below Freedom Harbor, thr right one (beside the sea).

No idea about the rest, Human most probably start at Freedom Harbor. Dwarf should be at one of the mountainous area.
    Journalist @ OnRPG.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My blog - mmoculture.com
    edited March 2010
    zappygun wrote: »
    what exactly do you mean? 24 seperate maps, with portals between them, or just one big map, with zones like in PWI?
    Also, what about the enormous areas around the colored parts?

I am not sure for now, so I use the term "zones".

If you see any videos where players need to load when going into different maps (not instances), it means maps lol.
    Journalist @ OnRPG.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My blog - mmoculture.com
  • pedrobpedrob Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This has to be my favorite

10041262572371885.jpg

I did notice some coastal screenies, but no real sea/ocean coast, saw stygian coasts,
    an industrial of sort coast, but where's the hidden beauty coast with clear waters and
    natural formations? That screenie I pointed out was the closest one I saw.

Also missing snow filled screenies :(

But overall in all my years of MMO, this has to be the best landscaping I've seen, the castle
    walls could be a little longer, but that's just personal detailing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soulxlsoulxl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    o can you swim in fw?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    pedrob wrote: »

I did notice some coastal screenies, but no real sea/ocean coast, saw stygian coasts,
    an industrial of sort coast, but where's the hidden beauty coast with clear waters and

But overall in all my years of MMO, this has to be the best landscaping I've seen, the castle

There is a good chance that there will be a snow-covered area (it was hinted that it has to do with the dwarf's starter area). Well, google translate is always a bit sketchy, but you might get your wish.

Edit: Yes, you can swim/dive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    This has to be my favorite

<picture>

I do have to agree that that one is one of the most beautiful places I've seen, so far.
    And yes, thinking of it, I indeed do miss the snow covered areas.

And I totally agree with the fact that this is one of the very best landscaping I've seen yet (mainly the reason to create this thread lol), from what I have seen, it's almost as good as in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (single player offline game, for those who don't know lolz).

:cool::cool::cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2010
    soulxl wrote: »
    o can you swim in fw?

If you look at the last screenies in his blog, he placed pics of landscapes above water..and below, so you can dive and swim.

And the effect of underwater visual is pretty realistic I have to say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    If you look at the last screenies in his blog, he placed pics of landscapes above water..and below, so you can dive and swim.

And the effect of underwater visual is pretty realistic I have to say.

If you look at that first video in that series of five (forget the name of them),diving is also shown.

And, for all of you, a snow-covered scene. Yes, you heard right :cool:

Continuous%2Bfill.jpg

Also, a desert scene:
    Hot+Air+Balloon.jpg

And a (night?) one:
    Dark%2BRoad.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soulxlsoulxl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Graphics are real nice, cant wait to play. I hope this game is more "open world" than separate maps and instances though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    If you look at that first video in that series of five (forget the name of them),diving is also shown.

<image>

Also, a desert scene:
    <image
    And a (night?) one:
    <image>

Awesomeness!!! Thanks!! :D
    I already knew the last one, it's also posted on the Chinese site, but the other ones I couldn't find, thanks! =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2010

Continuous%2Bfill.jpg

Thankies Vahrna :) have they shown any snow/ice covered towns or ruins?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2010
    Sorry, no snow-covered ruins/towns or buildings yet, but another screenshot of some snow:

DDwarfCave.jpg

And a waterfall:

SPHabitat%2BValley1.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Awesomeness! Once again, thank you! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• towermastertowermaster Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I only know Elf and Stoneman starts at a island at the lower right of the world map, and then they will need to take a ship to Freedom Harbor.

Kindred's town is the area below Freedom Harbor, thr right one (beside the sea).

No idea about the rest, Human most probably start at Freedom Harbor. Dwarf should be at one of the mountainous area.
    From info in the Chinese site, we know that the Elves and Stoneman were refugees from the recent War and the rest of island maps will be off limits in the closed beta.

Freedom Harbor is an important coastal city (larger than any city in PWI?), but comparable to maybe only Dream Searching Port in PWI.
    Some of the testers complained that moving from starting areas to Freedom Harbor (maybe level 10) is already a big distance to travel.

Also, there is a Tree in one of forest that dwarf (pun) the Home Tree in Avatar at a height of 1200 metres. :eek:

Another interesting thing: You notice there is a hot air balloon in one of the pictures posted? :D
    edited March 2010
    From info in the Chinese site, we know that the Elves and Stoneman were refugees from the recent War and the rest of island maps will be off limits in the closed beta.

Freedom Harbor is an important coastal city (larger than any city in PWI?), but comparable to maybe only Dream Searching Port in PWI.
    Some of the testers complained that moving from starting areas to Freedom Harbor (maybe level 10) is already a big distance to travel.

Also, there is a Tree in one of forest that dwarf (pun) the Home Tree in Avatar at a height of 1200 metres. :eek:

Another interesting thing: You notice there is a hot air balloon in one of the pictures posted? :D

Oh, nice. Can you get a bit more into detail concerning the starter areas? And will you play in the Chinese closed beta?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010

That's actually quite nice, means we get a pretty big world, I love to explore :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • phrenikosphrenikos Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    They better have those teleporting NPCs then :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sadotoki - 40 Warrior
This discussion has been closed.