** Forsaken World Server Shutdown Announcement **

anole300#5837
anole300#5837 Posts: 912 Perfect World Employee
edited April 28 in General Discussion

Hello Forsaken World players,

It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that we announce the upcoming shutdown of all Forsaken World (FW) servers on November 30th, 2022. On that day, your FW character will no longer be accessible.

This was a very difficult decision to make, but we are grateful for the love, support, and dedication you have poured into the game and all the wonderful communities that have come from FW. We no longer feel there is room for FW to flourish. As amends to our most dedicated fans, we are making sure to offer refunds for the last few months.

Effective April 28 at 2 PM PT, the ability to purchase currency for FW will no longer be available. All FW purchases from March 1st, 2022 through April 28th, 2022 will be converted into Arc credit and allocated to your account. These Arc credits can be used in other Gearbox Publishing games: Perfect World International, Neverwinter, Star Trek Online, and Champions Online. Arc Points used towards FW during this same time period, will also be refunded to your Arc point balance. The refund processing will begin in May and take approximately one month to complete. As an additional thank you to the community, from May 11, 2022 until November 30, 2022 an assortment of items will be added to the boutique at their largest possible discount.

Thank you for your loyalty and support to FW over the last eleven years!

Gearbox Publishing
Post edited by anole300#5837 on

Comments

• nyxdeath001
    nyxdeath001 Posts: 168 Arc User
    top corzo
  • evecu#4012
    evecu#4012 Posts: 8 Arc User
    :(
  • shoxley
    shoxley Posts: 6 Arc User
    this sucks, the money that I get refunded go where, and how do I know PWI will still be around if I change to that game. Its not the money but the the time we players put into our toons that counts. And I would like to know who came up with the bright ideal to let FW go till Nov. to die. You think lots of people will waste time to play for 6 months. If your going to kill it do it quick not drag it out of 6 months
  • nyxdeath001
    shoxley said:

this sucks, the money that I get refunded go where, and how do I know PWI will still be around if I change to that game. Its not the money but the the time we players put into our toons that counts. And I would like to know who came up with the bright ideal to let FW go till Nov. to die. You think lots of people will waste time to play for 6 months. If your going to kill it do it quick not drag it out of 6 months

you havent see a people that will play hard until Nov just feed their egos
    top corzo
  • angelhead
    angelhead Posts: 163 Arc User
    @anole300#5837 is it november or june? the news on launcher says june 30th.

Thanks all for the memories :(<3
    Freida ~ Inferno Vampire ~ Rohans
  • vampire#2790
    vampire#2790 Posts: 479 Arc User

shoxley said:

you havent see a people that will play hard until Nov just feed their egos
    Vamp playing til last nanosecond, not cuz ego but cuz fw best game eva. Vamp played it for last 11 years

Check out and subscribe to Vamp's YouTube channel! A new video every week, least until Vamp runs out of content o/
  • nyxdeath001
    angelhead said:

@anole300#5837 is it november or june? the news on launcher says june 30th.

Thanks all for the memories :(<3 </p>

no wonder if this go off tomorrow lol
    top corzo
  • shoxley
    shoxley Posts: 6 Arc User
    says November 30th is last day for FW
  • protector#1046
    protector#1046 Posts: 2 Arc User
    This game use to be great than it became about money more and more. People cheating didnt help. They make it impossible for new players to grow. With people logging on so many accounts they dont need people.
  • xdkdave
    xdkdave Posts: 13 Arc User
    @Gearbox I would like to buy Forsaken world
    CriticalTampon-90 Edge/Dark sin
    DieByBlueBalls-90 Wind Reaper
    DarkAchillies-90 Blood Warrior
    KeiKeiGenKai-85 Divine elf Priest
  • cyberxxl2004
    cyberxxl2004 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Staff fault,they didnt carre about players in last 5 years.
  • protector#1046
    protector#1046 Posts: 2 Arc User
    not playing nothing Gearbox owns if they can do this to loyal players than they can do it to all the games they own.
  • almightysaints
    almightysaints Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 29

not playing nothing Gearbox owns if they can do this to loyal players than they can do it to all the games they own.

Yea,

• glocktight
    glocktight Posts: 68 Arc User

HI IM CHUCKY HERE IM UPSET ALSO AND WANT A CASH REFUND
  • glocktight
    so can my guy hi_im_cHucKy get every penny back ,i actually quit as you were killing the game . id like a cash refund not credit what we should all do is sue your company out of existance . No gaming platform should be able to do what youve done to a game . 11 years of these peoples lives youve wasted . game credit you can shuve up your asses .
  • glocktight
    the only game u had that was worth a **** was forsaken world .
  • almightysaints

the only game u had that was worth a **** was forsaken world .

FACT!

• glocktight
    i got famous from ninja'ing a boss drop that final put in my bag , see i was always a robin hood type . and didnt like 3 main alliances hogging everything in eyrda . you folks royally screwed up an awesome game i meeen royally . so bad i quit . star of freedom harbor couldnt take anymore . The moment you destroyed freedom harbor i was gone ./
  • almightysaints
    Will Gearbox set up an hotline to help the players, I can see that nyxdeath001 will need help to overcome the emotional damage
  • nessanarcotic
    nessanarcotic Posts: 10 Arc User
    Quit the game years ago when staff stopped caring about the bug, exploits, and hacks.

Came back to say, it's about time this game was shut down.

-Jazzy
  • truexfan81
    truexfan81 Posts: 14 Arc User
    As long as private servers exist the game will never be truly dead.
  • glocktight
    its on my bday you chose to do this to everyone also ,this makes me sick usually i come back to tell people hi over the years then dip out ,this makes me so sick for everyone .
  • glocktight
    here i was re downloading everything to peek my head in and this is the bs i see.
  • glocktight
    i was a monster in wc i was infamous on that alone . not everybody can destroy someone that pumped 100k into a game but i could .
  • almightysaints
    BAM
  • glocktight
    come play world of warcraft on blizzard ,its where ive been ever since they destroyed freedom harbor .
  • abcd18132#2917
    abcd18132#2917 Posts: 1 Arc User
    maybe sanctions between Europe and China?? Hard all YOU cheated))) gzzzzzzzzz respect
  • turtlerr
    turtlerr Posts: 60 Arc User
    This is sad, Hopefully you come up with a new game! :blush:
  • botzlombe
    botzlombe Posts: 215 Arc User
    Thats the result of selling PWE to Gearbox. tssk
  • mansherry#9575
    mansherry#9575 Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @botzlombe said:
    > Thats the result of selling PWE to Gearbox. tssk

more like result of abusing exploits by someone like u, which kinda make game dead KEKW