test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Expansion and points

In this second preview of the expansion, there is a warning to use your "points" . Can you elaborate on which points exactly will be reset please? Must i use my legendary or lose them? Or will we have another situation similar to the last expansion where FW had to refund the missing legendary points? Thank you for your reply.

Comments

• cravenheadcravenhead Posts: 103 Arc User
    I sure hope you get an answer before launch. xD
  • nyxdeath001nyxdeath001 Posts: 52 Arc User
    @anole300#5837 please be specific
  • iscerioiscerio Posts: 10 Arc User
    I think it's **** that they cannot launch a new expansion without wiping our points.

They also indeed do not specify which points or when the expansion will be launched. If you're saving up for that new gear piece, sucks to be you, because you will have to start all over *yay*

Additionally, they post it below 1 news item, that if you're lucky, you have read. They should make it a news item in itself to warn as many people as possible, but that won't be promoting the game now, would it?
  • stew675stew675 Posts: 234 Arc User
    As per:https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/forsaken-world/news/detail/11008153-voyage-expansion-teaser-2

***Please Note***

*** Accumulated Points will be reset with the upcoming expansion, please make sure to use your points prior to the expansion launch! ***

Exactly which points is this referring to? @anole300#5837 ?
  • mihaaaaaaamihaaaaaaa Posts: 17 Arc User
    CS points! MWHAHAHAH
  • juehammerjuehammer Posts: 30 Arc User
    Pretty sure it's going to be the points for the highest tier champ gear (as of now), like every other expansion.
    Obviously they don't want you to have new gear right away when it's getting released.
    I read through the entire set of translated patch notes again.

The only reference to the resetting of any points at all is found in Section 1a) here: https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=http://shenmo.wanmei.com/news/gamepost/20180801/213322.shtml&xid=17259,15700023,15700124,15700149,15700168,15700173,15700186,15700201&usg=ALkJrhhvqdK7K_cgFPY5uynvuGhoiavAXA

So this may be an indication that we are getting the new arena season with the upcoming patch?
    I strongly suspect that the Dragoon (Lancer / Dragon Warrior) is far too recent to be included. I believe that will come to us around May next year.
  • unitiuniti Posts: 35 Arc User
    Still need to know "use Em or Lose Em" on the Legendary points? The full set of 105 gears, if i must upgrade is not currently worth the loss of my Crit stats. Ok for my healer, but not my dps!
  • anole300#5837 anole300 Posts: 546 Moderator
    As it has occurred before, Legendary points will be reset. We will update the blog text to be more specific to relieve confusion.
  • heinesenheinesen Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 12
    Have you think abouth some have bought boxes from Dar with legend point will they get refund theise Diamonds ? They cost 25 D each
    Post edited by heinesen on
  • hirameraa#1337 hirameraa Posts: 10 Arc User
    heinesen said:

Have you think abouth some have bought boxes from Dar with legend point will they get refund theise Diamonds ? They cost 25 D each

so that ppl get their leg. points, now they can just spend them
    what wrong with that?
  • ichdummichdumm Posts: 176 Arc User
    Is the DG Box bound after buying ? Or better transfer gold to other char to buy ?

• marsik#3055 marsik Posts: 2 Arc User

As it has occurred before, Legendary points will be reset. We will update the blog text to be more specific to relieve confusion.

In the previous expansion they removed the legendary points, but ... then they returned them sending to the mail boxes with legendary points. Will the same thing happen this time? Will they return the legendary points that they take away from us?

In the previous expansion they removed the legendary points, but ... then they returned them sending to the mail boxes with legendary points. Will the same thing happen this time? Will they return the legendary points that they take away from us?
    nope, coz it's planned reset for new gear
    like was previous time, so it was arc fail sending it back
  • chaosmailerchaosmailer Posts: 48 Arc User

nope;) they did not inform about it and in that case the send points as giftbox back to players. No Arc "fail".

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/forsakenworld#/discussion/1206043/legendary-points-are-being-sent-out
    HI, DEVELOPERS !!! When will i get my 3% Critrate from the titel ?
    2 Month now + counting.
    edited October 15

nope;) they did not inform about it and in that case the send points as giftbox back to players. No Arc "fail".

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/forsakenworld#/discussion/1206043/legendary-points-are-being-sent-out
    "they did not inform about it" - that was their fail
    also, giving almost everyone easy 105 gear was also fail
  • marsik#3055 marsik Posts: 2 Arc User
    anole300#5837 Will the points be returned as in the previous expansion or not?
  • botzlombebotzlombe Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 16

anole300#5837 Will the points be returned as in the previous expansion or not?

why da hell they should return em? Last time they only did coz they forgot to inform the players about the loss of points! (Well it resetted every expansion so wasnt rly something new but some ppl are just stupid)

After expansion 105 gear will be avaiable for champ points and 110 gear is legend then. So ofc the points must be reset.

• darkseeddarkseed Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited October 17
    botzlombe said:

(Well it resetted every expansion so wasnt rly something new but some ppl are just stupid)

Prior to the last expansion, the points hadn't been resetting every expansion. Not sure if it was the expansion before the last, or the expansion before that, was when they first introduced tier 6 gear and the addition of legendary points. The tier 7 gear introduction was the reset without being informed.

Prior to tier 6 the highest type of points were champion points and they were never reset. With new gear sets they would drastically increase the required points, amount you could get from instances/raids, and cap, making your old total drastically reduced in buying power on the new tier and making getting an even older tier easier. I remember getting my tier 5 weapon the day they were released since my stored champion points were sufficient for just the weapon.

So this time, the reset shouldn't be a surprise and it was announced. Last time I expected the older trend to continue, where I assumed the new tier gear sets would cost alot more Legendary points, with the new raids giving alot more points, and a higher maximum cap on points. OR they would add a whole new type of points, like Super-Legendary Points for the new gear, similar to War-god, then Champion, then Legendary.