test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Inactive players (AFK) in Battlefield and faction

I would like to know if there is any sanction or penalty to the players who enter the battlefield and remain inactive at the base making their team lose the battle due to the lack of activity on the team

Comments

• unusualsuspect1unusualsuspect1 Posts: 665 Arc User
    The entire faction battlefield queue system is stupidly set up, and ill conceived, causing people to miss queues, messed inter-server alliances forcing queue failures, and/or team manipulation through various means (afk alt stacking on opposing side, queue manipulation).

For an event that only takes place twice/week for 1 hour at most, that no one can join outside of a tiny 15 minute window, and even then, realistically, outside of a 10 second window when registration first opens up, is really, REALLY stupid game design.

This has caused a lot of angst in world chat, with a lot of people venting and pointing fingers, when really the true source of the problem is the idiotic queue system itself. The player base is just left to find their own ways to deal with system as it is.

As to why the registrations are not split evenly and randomly across multiple battlefields as certain thresh-holds are met (for example, once 60 players is reached on one side, create a new field and split the registrations randomly across the fields), I have no idea.

There is also zero incentive for anyone, or any guild, to consistently remain/queue on a losing faction team when stacking occurs. Why would ANYONE even wish to willingly participate in that? A number of other online games I'm aware of would start giving penalties to the stacked team / boosts to the disadvantaged team to retain player interest and keep fights more balanced and fun.

As always with Wanmei/PWE though. The game is not really about fun. It's about money.
  • redbuliredbuli Posts: 1 Arc User
    Lionheart is full of leeches who want the rewards without doing the work (PVP). Arena, FF, Faction....its all the same.
    Lionheart is the populous PvE server, that's the focus for most who play on it. Factions needs our numbers to get fields to open up. We all still spend money on the game regardless which keeps the whole show running. Leave us be to do our own thing on our own field where we just want to PvE, and you can all do your own thing on your own field where you want to PvP, and we'll all get along just fine. Alternately we can all just go back to no one queueing anything. That's the choice.
  • ninberry#3394 ninberry Posts: 5 Arc User
    Xserver is a PvP battlefield tho, if u want to keep PvEing just stay in home server o.o

Lionheart is the populous PvE server, that's the focus for most who play on it. Factions needs our numbers to get fields to open up. We all still spend money on the game regardless which keeps the whole show running. Leave us be to do our own thing on our own field where we just want to PvE, and you can all do your own thing on your own field where you want to PvP, and we'll all get along just fine. Alternately we can all just go back to no one queueing anything. That's the choice.

edited July 14

Xserver is a PvP battlefield tho, if u want to keep PvEing just stay in home server o.o

There's two fields opening. Enough for all to do their own thing. You all don't get to dictate how people choose to enjoy the game. To do otherwise by purposely gaming the queues to stick a mass of PvP built toons onto a field that was opened for PvE, is to just be d1cks for the sake of being d1cks when you all got your own field to play on.

We can always go back to **** the queues up if that's what you really want.

If you all wanted real PvP, you wouldn't be buddying up and queueing with the main group of PvP'ers from Lionheart, you'd be actively fighting them instead. So no, it's not actual PvP that you want. If you just want to shoot some fish in a barrel as the saddest form of enjoyment that you'll ever get from this game, then you all seriously need to question why the heck you find THAT fun of all things.
  • ninberry#3394 ninberry Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 14

There's two fields opening. Enough for all to do their own thing. You all don't get to dictate how people choose to enjoy the game. To do otherwise by purposely gaming the queues to stick a mass of PvP built toons onto a field that was opened for PvE, is to just be d1cks for the sake of being d1cks when you all got your own field to play on.

We can always go back to **** the queues up if that's what you really want.

If you all wanted real PvP, you wouldn't be buddying up and queueing with the main group of PvP'ers from Lionheart, you'd be actively fighting them instead. So no, it's not actual PvP that you want. If you just want to shoot some fish in a barrel as the saddest form of enjoyment that you'll ever get from this game, then you all seriously need to question why the heck you find THAT fun of all things.
    You should sit and think why those pvp people from LH stick with us, people that actually enjoy it and not just carebears like you wanting pve all the time in every single battlefield, Hammer heart isnt a pve battlefield, neither was the old one or Twin cities one, so what pve field? the one u created with afk alts queing for cintura? Please let me keep laughing at you...
    Keep qqing or ask pwe to create an actual pve battlefield for you *clap*
  • raven#3594 raven Posts: 9 Arc User
    I am curious about something isnt there a pvp server and pve servers where people can do there own thing instead?
  • juehammerjuehammer Posts: 30 Arc User

[...] stick a mass of PvP built toons onto a field that was opened for PvE

it doesn't really matter what your intentions for queueing are, it still remains a pvp event / battlefield.
    if you can't handle it, don't queue.

Seems to me you're just trying to get the easy way to get rewards by queueing against your own alts, because you cannot hang with the people that actually play the battlefield. And since your plan doesn't work out you blame the evil pvpers for actually playing the game like it's supposed to be played lel.
  • jespervestman12jespervestman12 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 11

game its self its pvp game and not pve XD china dose not have any pve server,so be happy u got pve mode on EU and stop QQ
    edited October 12
    juehammer said:

Seems to me you're just trying to get the easy way to get rewards by queueing against your own alts, because you cannot hang with the people that actually play the battlefield. And since your plan doesn't work out you blame the evil pvpers for actually playing the game like it's supposed to be played lel.

Nice 3-month old necro. Short of about 3-4 characters in all of NA (that I've met in PvP), my character goes toe to toe with most anyone else and the outcome isn't a sure thing. That's real PvP. Fun, fair, tense.

My attitude has shifted in the 3 months since. If it HAS TO be PvP, then make it fun PvP. I'd be up for that.

How the game is actually supposed to be played, since you brought it up, is fun PvP, not all the PvP'ers in 5-6 guilds all on one side, because they're too fscking scared to fight each other for real, putting up a bunch of lame a$$ excuses for why they don't want to fight each other.

If they bothered to look in their heart of hearts, they'd admit that stacking a team of 50+ PvP characters against people don't care much for PvP, isn't half as fun or fulfilling as they'd like to believe it is.

Pack of sniveling cowards most all of them taking the easy way out. Some of them must have some damn good chapstick with all the a$$ kissing they do. What it is apparently at present is a pack of guffawing [email protected] shooting fish in a barrel while pleasuring each other, and crying in world chat forever if they don't get a queue.

I personally think that factions would be a lot more interesting and fun for all, if, at the start of the week guild factions were determined randomly, and no one could change. If you want to drop a guild and join a new one of a different faction, fine, you just can't go to factions for the rest of the week.

That would at least make it more fun and interesting than what it is now.
  • jespervestman12jespervestman12 Posts: 72 Arc User

I personally think that factions would be a lot more interesting and fun for all, if, at the start of the week guild factions were determined randomly, and no one could change. If you want to drop a guild and join a new one of a different faction, fine, you just can't go to factions for the rest of the week.

That would at least make it more fun and interesting than what it is now.

who are u in game ?