test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Friday the 13th Event 4/13 - 4/19 *RESULTS*

anole300#5837 anole300 Posts: 665 Perfect World Employee
edited April 2018 in General Discussion

Hey Forsaken World, it’s Friday the 13th!

Are you superstitious at all? Do things that go bump in the night scare you? Throughout much of history, the number 13 itself has been seen as unlucky – making Friday the 13th a traditionally unlucky and glum day. Many buildings do not have a 13th floor for this reason!
On this eerie day, we want everyone to help chase away the gloom by sharing their superstitions or fears, in game or in real life. For example - Maybe you open packs in the game in a very specific way? Or do you do something special each time you are defeating a boss hoping to get a good drop? In real life do you avoid stepping on cracks or are you afraid of heights?

Contest Rules:
• Post about one or more of your superstitions or fears on the Facebook post or forum thread.
• Please be appropriate.
• You may post multiple times, but you can only win once.
• There will be 3 winners from EN and 3 from EU.

----------------------------------------------

Event Begins: 10 AM PT 4/13/18

Event Ends: 11:59 PM PT 4/19/18

----------------------------------------------

Prizes:

-- 1st Place --

Superiority Giftpack
Stone of Awakening x10
Mercury Statuette x15

-- 2nd Place --

Gift of Honor [1000]
Stone of Awakening x7
Mercury Statuette x10

-- 3rd Place –-

Burnout Pack
Stone of Awakening x4
Mercury Statuette x5

-- Unlockable Community Gift --
(50+ unique entries across Facebook & Forums)

Astroplane Dust x3
Justice Assembly
Lv2 Crystal Giftpack

*************** RESULTS ***************

We had a great time reading thru your superstitious habits and fears. All together, everyone contributed enough to unlock the community reward! Enjoy the following code:

MNIHAdnT

It is usable once per account, contains bound items and expires on 5/11/18. Please make sure you have room in your mailbox.

---- 1st Place ----

deadmuffin from the forums - who shared their good luck charm stuffed animal story

---- 2nd Place ----

Gözde Çelik from Facebook - shared with us their relatable fear of bugs (and them dancing on our faces at night)

---- 3rd Place ----

Chibiwolf6 from the forums - told us about their very specific habits for combining runes on specific realms and in a particular order, as well as opening orbs.

Winners make sure to check your Facebook/Forum messages for your codes!

Thanks for participating everyone! ^_^

Post edited by anole300#5837 on

Comments

• blissssblissss Posts: 6 Arc User
    On New Years day we eat black eyed peas for luck and eat greens for money.
    Do not walk under ladders.
    Don't let a black cat cross your path.
    If you drop silverware then company is coming.
    Toss salt over your shoulder for good luck.
  • keakua808keakua808 Posts: 222 Arc User
    being guild lead of XIII "13" our members (all 2 of us) embrace the fear of thee unlucky, thee unwanted, and thee Evil that creeps through out Forsaken World. when bosses see that XIII guild tag over our members heads (again all 2 of us) they know death is coming for them. after each epic monster slaying our tradition is to HUG each other and give out free hugs to anyone who need them. :)
    Conovar
    79 Dark Vampire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • strudykissesstrudykisses Posts: 36 Arc User
    Good luck everyone! Friday 13th :D :p
    i68.tinypic.com/12225mq.jpg
    Strudy
  • chaangochaango Posts: 1 Arc User
    Ladders they creep me out. They are always falling and look so spooky and unstable.
  • kindlyspiritkindlyspirit Posts: 27 Arc User
    My superititions is
    To mess with karma,what goes around it will comes around three times harder
  • chibiwolf6chibiwolf6 Posts: 197 Arc User
    I like to combine runes superstitiously.
    First, I have to be on realms 3 or 8. Then I have to arrange them in patterns by stars or colors, i.e a red on top. two blues in the middle, and two yellows on the bottom. And i always alternate npc's.

I also like to pop orbs really slowly, as though waiting for 5 seconds between each pop will give me better odds.

irl my family has the superstition of bad things always happening in threes.
    DuEYcdL.jpg
  • ardzardz Posts: 13 Arc User
    Upon returning home after going to a grave side; always take your shoes of outside and walk backwards into the house. You do not want to bring "duppy dust" into your house or back a ghost lest the gain entry to your home.
  • ardzardz Posts: 13 Arc User
    I believe that the 5 mins before and 5 mins after server reset time is the luckiest time. That is when i open orbs that have a chance at devirock shards and flame crystals.
  • joelleyjoelley Posts: 53 Arc User
    Friday 13th is supposedly unlucky because it's the date the Knights Templar were arrested and their lands taken.

Perhaps the one superstition I have that I always follow; is don't put your shoes on a table.
    No idea where that came from lol.
  • buffybombbuffybomb Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Whenever I charge during a mediocre charge/spend promo an amazing one tends to happen the very next week. Recently I charged during this promo https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/forsaken-world/news/detail/10855404-spend-promo , and then, https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/forsaken-world/news/detail/10875304-ultimate-spend-promo this happens, along with the orb of legends. It's like PWE wants me to cry while throwing all my money at the game ;_; Admit it! You guys track my charging habits and whenever I do it you're like "Let's put some awesome charge/spend rewards up next week!" Superstition, paranoia or just terrible timing? You tell me ~

Also, black cats are awesome and deserve just as much love as any other cat or animal.

• isfolket80isfolket80 Posts: 222 Arc User
    Well friday the 13th is more of a luck day for me
    I learned to ride a bicycle as a kid friday the 13th and my fiance is born on friday the 13th as two examples
    But as supertitious im afraid of mirrors to break for 7 years of bad luck
    Crows outside my window as bad omen and bad news
    Dont kill spiders that is bad luck
    ae060k.jpg
    <3 Cuitepie <TyOhni's Wife> <3
    Illyfue- Fairytail

• strudykissesstrudykisses Posts: 36 Arc User
    Uncertain if there any such thing as luck. Luck its how to make it.Luck it seem a kind gesture to give.Luck its reasons to give blame if things fails or seem curse.Luck, Its anyone willing work for thier achievements. If anyone fail look for something willing to work for never give up stay postive.
    Strudy
  • deadmuffindeadmuffin Posts: 8 Arc User
    While working at this last job that I was kinda-sorta miserable at, I used to have this stuffed animal I'd bring with me everyday to sit on and decorate my desk (we couldn't leave things at work unless we wanted it stolen ;.;) and I'd rub it's belly before I started to drive out in the morning and be like "please be a good day, please be a good day.."
  • ella#5949 ella Posts: 4 Arc User
    My fear is usuall I guess. I fear of high places. Even when I stand on the chear I don’t feel comfortable. Also I have nightmares where I try to go upstairs but it too long to get there and there is no handrails so I can fell down in every move and I feel so scary that in the end I just crawl on my knees couse it feels more safety and then I wake up
  • systemburnsystemburn Posts: 49 Arc User
    Vamp says to get something good from an orb in FW you have to run 1 mile first. Otherwise you only get bleh stuff like 1 tof or 10 soul leaves qq. Vamp feel bad for people who have 1000+ orbs :D
  • ataraxia#2202 ataraxia Posts: 22 Arc User
    I fear the unknown, especially at night, with the trees making noise blowing in the wind, animals making noises. Bats flying overhead. The air having an extra bite in it, despite the warm season.
    Eyrda (PvP) East
    Lvl 110 wind mage (human) - Godifer - Born Nov 2017 -
    botany 9(Max), alchemy 9(Max), chef 10(Max), fish 7 (Max), soc 6, mine 9, adv 5, tame 2, merchant 1, salvage 9(Max), wep&armor smith 6, jewel 1.
  • anole300#5837 anole300 Posts: 665 Perfect World Employee

*************** UPDATE ***************

We had a great time reading thru your superstitious habits and fears. All together, everyone contributed enough to unlock the community reward! Enjoy the following code:

MNIHAdnT

It is usable once per account, contains bound items and expires on 5/11/18. Please make sure you have room in your mailbox.

---- 1st Place ----

deadmuffin from the forums - who shared their good luck charm stuffed animal story

---- 2nd Place ----

Gözde Çelik from Facebook - shared with us their relatable fear of bugs (and them dancing on our faces at night)

---- 3rd Place ----

Chibiwolf6 from the forums - told us about their very specific habits for combining runes on specific realms and in a particular order, as well as opening orbs.

Winners make sure to check your Facebook/Forum messages for your codes!

Thanks for participating everyone! ^_^

• thafujithafuji Posts: 285 Arc User
    Thanks.