test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I have lost Shift+Z (combat assist hotkey)

idontneedanickidontneedanick Posts: 46 Arc User
Anyone else? I have tested shift+Z in wordpad and it is active in windows. Did a patch change/remove it?

Thanks
Jim

Comments

• stew675stew675 Posts: 250 Arc User
    It is a bug with the game's timer handling code

The way to fix it is to open up the windows powershell, or console and enter:

"shutdown /s /t 0"

which reboots your computer, and resets the system timer and gets you going again
  • idontneedanickidontneedanick Posts: 46 Arc User
    Thanks, I tried a 'start shutdown' which didnt work.
    Jim
    :)
  • ichdummichdumm Posts: 359 Arc User
    Press F12, Settings, Hotkeys, near end of list you can find those keys. Maybe you have press the combination for changing the keyboard layout ;)
  • > @ichdumm said:
    > Press F12, Settings, Hotkeys, near end of list you can find those keys. Maybe you have press the combination for changing the keyboard layout ;)

No he is not)) thats a bug in game.

> @ichdumm said:

> Press F12, Settings, Hotkeys, near end of list you can find those keys. Maybe you have press the combination for changing the keyboard layout ;)

No he is not)) thats a bug in game.

Uff, i'm happy never hit by it XD
  • senrinsenrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    A new bug! Only thing that increases daily...

Send a ticket! Why does it sound like a troll advice while it should be normal to have an answer in like a week from them?!!
  • stew675stew675 Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    senrin said:

A new bug! Only thing that increases daily...

Send a ticket! Why does it sound like a troll advice while it should be normal to have an answer in like a week from them?!!

Actually this bug has been around since the combat assist (bot) was introduced. It only shows up after 2^31 milliseconds (approximately 25 days) of the computer being constantly on. It also got exacerbated with Windows 7/8/10 which will often cache the system timer counter and re-apply it upon reloading, so often a system restart won't fix it, as Windows just starts counting the millisecond counter from where it left off before the reboot.

The "shutdown /s /t 0" command forcibly sets the system millisecond timer to 0 upon rebooting, which buys you another ~25 days of trouble free botting until FW pukes again.
    edited March 2018
    The "shutdown /s /t 0" command

So where is the difference to a normal shutdown via the normal ways ? How can i get actual cache and his content ?
    I want take a look on it ;)
  • thafujithafuji Posts: 296 Arc User
    Wow, "shutdown /s /t 0" command has worked. ;3