test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emoticons incoming

anyastroudanyastroud Posts: 235 Arc User
edited March 2017 in Community Tavern
Hi,

I currently work on exporting all ingame emoticons over to animated gif files. As I plan to do so with all emoticons we have ingame, even those not available to us ingame but inside of the client I will end up with creating round about 600 emoticons and their exact frame times.

In the end I'll provide them as zip package for download.
And to begin with here is a small teaser of the first 11 ones.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
Greetings to everyone out there
fw_forum.jpg

Comments

• laphantomelaphantome Posts: 67 Arc User
    Very cool

Signature made by DivineSpirits (Thank you for making it)
  • vilikrie1vilikrie1 Posts: 40 Arc User
    ohh, Thank You!

I will look forward to this B)
  • wuergmasterwuergmaster Posts: 159 Arc User
    Copyright ? Be aware ;)
  • wuergmasterwuergmaster Posts: 159 Arc User
    @fauxgabb only want to give a warning out. Rights to something are a complicated thing this days ;)
  • ediraedira Posts: 479 Arc User
    Monkey emoticons? monkey-17.gif
    monkey-49.gif
    ​​
    Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aestheticsbroaestheticsbro Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Much appreciated, as a huge FW smiley fan, but I'm going to save you a bit of trouble. I was going to post all the brews/tigers I had found over the years but I just made a search before doing so and stumbled upon this:

https://tenor.co/users/Orangentroll

It's just missing the racoons and love bunnies. I'm not sure if any of the others' individual emoticons are missing but I've found at least one that is missing frames and could use being redone (the turnip whose eyes are falling out).

It's worth checking if any of them are well enough done to save you some work.

Good luck :)
    Post edited by aestheticsbro on
  • anyastroudanyastroud Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Wow, thats impressive. Unfortunately they all have a white background ... not so good for putting them on any background like our forum. And I'm not sure if their animation timings are correct. Haven't checked in detail. Checked one which had 0.05 seconds, which is way too fast. Most of them have timings from 0,1sec to 0,12 secs per frame.

Although my progress is slower than expected due to several reasons ... hardstyle/hardcore festivals, common lazyness, RL and ofc FW ;) Anyway, I'm halfway done. So as soon as I have finished the ingame sets I'll provide the package including DDS, psd and timings. The rest will be done afterwards.

And yea, I will provide all of 'em. The client offers 12 sets in total.
    here is a small image to show how the tiles originally look alike. They vary between 1024*1024, 1024*512 and 512*512 pixels.

@fauxgabb I'm not sure if I have overlooked them. My current understanding is that the client does not have monkey inplace. Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe they're located at another directory which I haven't looked up. Or in an older client version.
    Greetings to everyone out there
    fw_forum.jpg
  • aestheticsbroaestheticsbro Posts: 92 Arc User

Wow, thats impressive. Unfortunately they all have a white background ... not so good for putting them on any background like our forum. And I'm not sure if their animation timings are correct. Haven't checked in detail. Checked one which had 0.05 seconds, which is way too fast. Most of them have timings from 0,1sec to 0,12 secs per frame.

Indeed. I was hoping you could fix/edit them to make your job a little easier. If not possible, that's too bad :(

Anyways good job and looking forward to the finished product :)
  • ananasfeeananasfee Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Heyo everyone,

let's say I know who this Orangentroll is ;)

He used a software someon eelse posted a few years ago around the webz, made some changes and a small script to translate the emoticons. So all in all it was a fully automated procedure, so yeah. Some timing errors ma have occured ;)

To the bunnies and racoons, there is a set of bunnies online, but he doesnt' know if these are the bunnies you are looking for.
    He just had a very old source file for the emoticions, cause he stopped playing pw games in 2014 ;)

To the white Backgrounds:
    Tenor added them -.- orignal files are transparent....

He extracted those emoticons all for private use, cause he liked them very much.
    He uploaded them just in case someone else also wanted to use them for private :)

So @ arc/ Perfect World: He doesn't intend to violate any copyrights and he will take them down immediatly upon request.
    @Rest have fun with them

Here is a rar archive of all Gifs he has, with original chinese names included. These are not all emoticions packed in the source file, but Orangentroll lost his application to extract them.... x)
    Gifs.rar