test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I won't PVP

wolfenstormwolfenstorm Posts: 135 Arc User
edited March 2017 in PVP Ponderings
For starters, the system in the game is not fair.

No matter what, one is pitted against the cash shoppers, and they are OP as much as we wish that those who CS are not OP.

Then you get new people joining the game who want to pvp and they are automatically disappointed when they automatically get one shot by the OP.

PVP in FW is a joke. It always has been.

It is why I will forever remain pve.

Besides, it would take a non CSer years of dedication to reach a point where s/he could pvp properly.

I cannot die and laugh about it when the fight is not fair.

Comments

• senrinsenrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    Well, game itself is (still imo) really good: sure better ones in any feature around due to the fact is already really old (5 years and half is a lot for a software, sometimes), but it still has some cards to play.

Or, well, it should have. But the management killed it, like it didn't deserved any kind of love: Orbs everywhere, bugs never solved, FREEMIUM version implemented after a while (means some features like dual talent are locked to cash rank for example), lack of communication (Domino vanishing not even had time to say why for example...) and so on.

Now the main issue is not those listed above, but the fact FW lacks ppl, hence why the idea of opening a new server seems like a troll. It doesn't matter if pvp is imba or not - at this point - being uber extra op casher and being (finally) able to do Arena won't bring me any fun, if I have to fight the same 2 teams (at best) the whole day, for the whole week, until the end of the month.

Add the fact some builds/tree are more common than others, you realise after a while you did the same pvp all day...

Can't count how many threads of ppl asking for balance, or posting ideas themselves, never had a reply.

But when it comes to Boutique update or Cash/Spend Promo, those comes in time every week. It says it all.
  • hopeiswatchinghopeiswatching Posts: 20 Arc User
    The PVP isn't too bad, balance isn't great at all but it's not the only problem, a lot of people don't even try anymore :p
    TokuIeyasu - Priest Lvl 100 :)
    <3 Member of Rohans - Illyfue <3
  • senrinsenrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    There must be a reason why many people do not try anymore.

1st thing I can think of? FRUSTRATION.

If it happens irl, you have to live with it, but in a game... Many players try avoiding that kind of feeling, and can't really blame them.
  • wolfenstormwolfenstorm Posts: 135 Arc User
    senrin said:

There must be a reason why many people do not try anymore.

1st thing I can think of? FRUSTRATION.

If it happens irl, you have to live with it, but in a game... Many players try avoiding that kind of feeling, and can't really blame them.

Precisely. Being online is first and foremost a way of escaping the real world that offers too much frustration. When a game becomes frustrating, then what is the point? A game is supposed to relax an individual, provide a proper escape from reality.

• wolfenstormwolfenstorm Posts: 135 Arc User
    I decided to try pvp (FF) again, and nothing has changed. I can actually sympathize with the people who afk due to the unfairness of whom is pitted against whom.

Of course, it does not help that people rarely create raids in order to better help one another and organize the party appropriately. No, people just want to run around silly, the OP reveling like madmen as they slay the less fortunate.

It is sad. Just sad.
  • datex187datex187 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yeah FF was fun when it was the case of more kills=more points but with FFevents(saturdays) you can get all the points u want....instead of letting ppl have fun n get wgp n what not...ppl just camp flags n try to get that win. Hey buddy when you got 1000 vs 300points u can chill you won! N whats up with demons skill that can use your long range skills from 50m there has got to be a more penelty for them to use that skill or something