test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New GM's Introduction!

anole300#5837 anole300 Posts: 903 Perfect World Employee
edited February 2017 in General Discussion
Hi Hi! \^_^/

As some of you may have noticed from elsewhere on the forums, there have been some changes over here. I'd like to officially say a big hello for whiteflagwarrior and myself! We will be the new GMs going forward. Of the two of us, I will be more active on the forums, while whiteflagwarrior will be more behind the scenes.

Another issue that many of you have been curious about: our predecessor. It is unfortunate that Domino is no longer with PWE, we truly wish him the best of luck in the future.

We know these are big shoes to fill, and we still intend to plan events and be involved with the community. Sorry for any confusion on the changes as well as any bumps during this transition!

-Anole300

Comments

• amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    are you guys planning to set up some form of communication that players could use for non-support/general inquiries since the vanilla message system is pretty wonky? e.g. domino was contactable through skype for issues (not random chit chat), or perhaps an email we could write to? or just be like...''hey can you send me a fake warning so i can pm you''. cuz i have a question about something :<
  • erzipie#2722 erzipie Posts: 37 Arc User
    Hello o/ I wish you good luck with your work here on the forums.

Can you please take a look at my thread about the Amazing Race rewards? I really think the 5th place prize needs a revision.

I'm looking forward to more events :smile:
  • anyadpicsajaanyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I just have 5 things to say:

1. Greetings.
    2. Save this game,and fast.
    3. Stop favorizing the CashShoppers, casuals deserve more chance for character progression than we have atm.(champion points,gems,mastery points etc etc). Right now its pretty much 0 without CS.
    4. Nerf 90+ content difficulty
    5. Communicate.

Thats all.
    giphy.gif
  • fwooshefwooshe Posts: 72 Arc User
    The game is actually fine the way it is with a few tweaks, just it's too much filled with bugs:
    Fix arena, fix dimensional war, fix cross server gvg, fix elemental bosses, lower some of the requirements for twin bosses since our community is way smaller. Maybe merge few dead-ish servers. You can make dusk melee a bit more stable, cause honestly thats the buggiest raid ever. I'm sure I can think of more stuff, but... ye.
    Also I have no problem with the game having a cash shop feature, and if people spend money, it's normal that they should be rewarded, but you demand too much money for too little gain. The most popular and played games have a way more player-friendly cash shop:reward ratio. Just here you have to spend literally hundreds of euro to make any sort of difference.
  • geoffwhogeoffwho Posts: 23 Arc User
    Hi Anole and WhiteFlagWarror,
    welcome to FW. I look forward to hearing about from you regularly.
  • bkuptownlalabkuptownlala Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello and welcome. Players like the game. FW has a following and community. Just fix the bugs. Have devs actually play the game/join guilds to see the daily problems that need to be addressed. My major complaint is my main character. My main character is currently locked/stuck 2 months now. This is the 2nd time my main character has been locked/stuck. The 1st locked/stuck situation occurred sept/2016-dec/2016. I played 1 week and my main character got stuck jan/2017 until present time. This is frustrating and could happen to anyone. I would like my main character fixed and an explaination of how/why it got locked/stuck. Character name: MrKeebler, server: NYOS. 5 months is unacceptable to be without a character. Major issues like this need to be addressed. Thank you

imgur.com/QFWImBs

imgur.com/d7kjHpu

• mavip4nmavip4n Posts: 151 Arc User

1. Greetings.
    3. Stop favorizing the CashShoppers, casuals deserve more chance for character progression than we have atm.(champion points,gems,mastery points etc etc). Right now its pretty much 0 without CS.
    5. Communicate.

Thats all.

:heart::smirk::kissing_closed_eyes:
    Tiny wind bard of Ascension and an innocent glacial priest of Starlight in Lionheart.
    Has stopped playing as of summer 2019. Since there are not many good people left (only douchy groups mostly, no offence!) and game is itself grindy more than ever. There is nothing left for a soloer. Good luck to the rest of survivors!
  • tweety7777tweety7777 Posts: 16 Arc User
    Finally an introduction - Welcome (I think?)
    I can't help but be pessimistic that the new GMs will not even play this game (especially the one already noted to be "behind the scenes")...LOL
    You DO have huge shoes to fill. Whatever you do, don't make friends in the game, or seek to really know us and our needs in this game. Get too close and you will be pushed out the door just like Domino was. Nice that y'all wish him the best tho ... ...
    I would bet my CS balance that there won't be a way to communicate with the new GM's outside of this cumbersome platform ;)
    Pessimistic? Absolutely. I know we had a gem in Domino, and I dare you to come close to the CM/GM that he was.
  • senrinsenrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    fwooshe said:

The game is actually fine the way it is with a few tweaks, just it's too much filled with bugs:
    Fix arena, fix dimensional war, fix cross server gvg, fix elemental bosses, lower some of the requirements for twin bosses since our community is way smaller. Maybe merge few dead-ish servers. You can make dusk melee a bit more stable, cause honestly thats the buggiest raid ever. I'm sure I can think of more stuff, but... ye.
    Also I have no problem with the game having a cash shop feature, and if people spend money, it's normal that they should be rewarded, but you demand too much money for too little gain. The most popular and played games have a way more player-friendly cash shop:reward ratio. Just here you have to spend literally hundreds of euro to make any sort of difference.

Hell, people say there's too much imba between cashers and not cashers and you are just simply saying FW does not reward cashers enough? Seriously?

Well, it's either you are too poor to cash properly - 5 USD aren't the right way - or you're hard trolling...

Sure, if you want to be uber tier - all maxed - need to cash really a lot. But saying FW does not reward enough for what you spend - just simply looking around some very very good geared cashers - seems like a troll...

Also, on fixes, so to speak, there's also some wrong descriptions on some skills (both soul power and awakening) on some classes as well some quests.

If people spend money they should be rewarded, sure. But what about people that spend time? Maybe lot of time? It was due the huge farm nerf?
  • stampe88stampe88 Posts: 17 Arc User

Hello and welcome. Players like the game. FW has a following and community. Just fix the bugs. Have devs actually play the game/join guilds to see the daily problems that need to be addressed. My major complaint is my main character. My main character is currently locked/stuck 2 months now. This is the 2nd time my main character has been locked/stuck. The 1st locked/stuck situation occurred sept/2016-dec/2016. I played 1 week and my main character got stuck jan/2017 until present time. This is frustrating and could happen to anyone. I would like my main character fixed and an explaination of how/why it got locked/stuck. Character name: MrKeebler, server: NYOS. 5 months is unacceptable to be without a character. Major issues like this need to be addressed. Thank you

imgur.com/QFWImBs

imgur.com/d7kjHpu

lol you make HR in loading screen?? stop lie in forum
  • gio#4911 gio Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2017

1. Greetings.
    5. Communicate.

Thats all.

+1 anyadpicsaja

This sums it all, but sadly that wont happen, just dont live on high expectations for this game.

I will ask again provide us fixes, for whats broken, surprise us with fair events to keep us login and active, FW population is quite demoralized and detached at the moment thx to the 2 last past patches which made 'fw like a natural selection enviroment' aka only the strong will survive, and please no negative things like cheesebread or cupnoodles, dont troll us anymore.

Im just here to haunt the forums, with the same usual ppl, doesnt it tell something? rest dont care anymore or moved on ^^
    And the dusk hero ship keeps sinking for a reason, talk about balance about cs/casual/f2p its the game foretelling itself.

Welcome to both Anole300 and WhiteFlagWarrior, enjoy your stay :wink:

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• hopeiswatchinghopeiswatching Posts: 20 Arc User
    Welcome :) Hopefully you guys can be at least a little like Domino was or pretend you like your jobs :p
    TokuIeyasu - Priest Lvl 100 :)
    <3 Member of Rohans - Illyfue <3
  • aborteraborter Posts: 15 Arc User
    First off, welcome to the new GMs, surely wish you the most of luck in this bugged game.

Secondly...
    stampe88 said:

imgur.com/QFWImBs

imgur.com/d7kjHpu

lol you make HR in loading screen?? stop lie in forum
    You and some others from Nyos are the exact reason the last topic with information about it got moved to the 'Hall of Shame' somehow. Pay attention and you'll notice that his HR score is the exact same every single week. It's bugged just like his char is. His char is floating above the ground in crucible when he tries to log in. It'd be great if the new GMs could in fact take some time and take a look at this.

• hopeiswatchinghopeiswatching Posts: 20 Arc User

imgur.com/QFWImBs

imgur.com/d7kjHpu

I've never heard/seen anything like that, haven't you had any support?
    TokuIeyasu - Priest Lvl 100 :)
    <3 Member of Rohans - Illyfue <3
  • misstressraevinmisstressraevin Posts: 20 Arc User
    Well hello nice to meet you... Btw here you may need to check into this my hubby yea he needs your help and its been a month go check it out in the bug reports board being that it has been a month since he could revive anyone... :(
  • rsydakotarsydakota Posts: 553 Arc User
    Hello to the both of you :) Welcome. Sad to hear Dom is gone :/ He will be missed.
    My concerns have already been voiced in this thread, mostly about communication. Just wondering you two will be doing events like in the past? Livestreams, live events ingame like we had on xserver, FDub... Will these be coming back or...?
    Thanks in advance, and once again,
    Welcome to FW
    xluna_girlx of Eyrda
    1zejmn5.jpg
    Fairy tales are more than true:
    Not because they tell us dragons exist,
    but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.
    ~G.K. Chesterton~
    xluna_girlx
    Eyrdan Glacial Priest
  • effaeldmeffaeldm Posts: 55 Arc User
    Hello and welcome :)
    I guess like others said, communication first, then we can ask about the rest :)
    [email protected], [email protected], etc. - Holodeck
    Lefdmae, StormVoice - Illyfue; Amlaath, StormVoiceZero - Storm Legion, StormVoiceXVII - Tytan, etc.