Events with good prizes that are actually fun

nickvv
nickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
So i just read that leveling event, to start off nobody ever thinks ohh yes this gonna be fun. Then i was like, the top 3 prizes are nice maybe i should try, until i realized i have a job...

Why can't we have exclusive wing prizes for artsy events or something thats actually fun to do, why must the good prizes come from events like this. Where most of the population does not stand a chance.

I mean if we get prizes for stuff most people can't even compete in, why don't we get pvp related events that give exclusive prizes.

Why does the current design contest have a so-so prize compared to the leveling event. I mean an exclusive pet is nice and all but it only costs money to use it properly and there are already so many rare pets that i don't get to use.

The previous design and screenshot contest had a chocie from all 'normal' fashion sets, nothing exclusive besides the title. The race to 100 which was an actual competition on our own server which was sort of fun because you were racing (no-lifing) with people you know. But the prize was also so-so when compared to this event.

The hide and seek reward was in the extra life livestream for 50 dollars, which is the same amount of money that candle-lit wings were in cashshop for.

My point being, where are the events that give exclusive rewards and are fun and challenging and possible for normal working people to compete in. Events are not supposed to be a drag to compete in but something special and challenging, the lvl 100 characters resulting from the event will never be used for anything so there issnt even any use in it.

Comments

• gio#4911
    gio#4911 Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    nickvv said:

So i just read that leveling event, to start off nobody ever thinks ohh yes this gonna be fun. Then i was like, the top 3 prizes are nice maybe i should try, until i realized i have a job...

Why can't we have exclusive wing prizes for artsy events or something thats actually fun to do, why must the good prizes come from events like this. Where most of the population does not stand a chance.

I mean if we get prizes for stuff most people can't even compete in, why don't we get pvp related events that give exclusive prizes.

Why does the current design contest have a so-so prize compared to the leveling event. I mean an exclusive pet is nice and all but it only costs money to use it properly and there are already so many rare pets that i don't get to use.

The previous design and screenshot contest had a chocie from all 'normal' fashion sets, nothing exclusive besides the title. The race to 100 which was an actual competition on our own server which was sort of fun because you were racing (no-lifing) with people you know. But the prize was also so-so when compared to this event.

The hide and seek reward was in the extra life livestream for 50 dollars, which is the same amount of money that candle-lit wings were in cashshop for.

My point being, where are the events that give exclusive rewards and are fun and challenging and possible for normal working people to compete in. Events are not supposed to be a drag to compete in but something special and challenging, the lvl 100 characters resulting from the event will never be used for anything so there issnt even any use in it.

this sums it all, the next toon im planning to make 100, is paladin.

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• leigh70
    leigh70 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    7 toons to 100 in 7 weeks? What a stupid event. Seems you think people should live online 24/7 to do that. No thank you.
  • bellasmurf
    bellasmurf Posts: 54 Arc User
    Idk i think the event will be fun and worth the effort. it doesn't take long to get to 100 even with a job.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    It's not for everyone :)

But I appreciate the feedback Thanks!
  • msmagius
    msmagius Posts: 22 Arc User
    not for everyone? how about not for anyone. do you all seriously not know how much exp it takes to get 1-100? or the limitations that are in place in game? yeah you give out exp giving items but in reality all of those equal about 1 level passed 90. this is just a bad event and the staff should feel bad for even having the idea that this event is in anyway fun or even doable. even if you made all 7 characters on the same day and juggled them for the duration, it leaves a wide gap in the ability to actually play to do any of high exp dungeons. I also really like the whole " here is your hard work! now that the event is over watch it go away!" vibe. Where are the real events?
  • pinkette1#7450
    pinkette1#7450 Posts: 344 Arc User
    i pass but good luck all^^
    Hebergeur d'image
  • nickvv
    nickvv Posts: 340 Arc User

It's not for everyone :)

But I appreciate the feedback Thanks!

It is people that don't sleep or don't have a job, if you want a shot at the big prize.. how can such big prizes (compared to other events) be given to these requirements. I'd love to compete if i could afford to slack on my job, which has the potential in me losing my job, credibility and literal millions to my company. At least make all events in all categories have such prizes.
  • mhmitsme
    mhmitsme Posts: 83 Arc User
    great event for no lifers aka forever alone shall i quit my job or give up on my relationship?
    ING: Piotoru
    Guild: NewOrder
  • senrin
    senrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    Seems like an idea to force new players to the game, due to the good prizes.

For once, we all agree the 1st prize's title should be "FW's nerd, yes, I'm the no lifer!"
  • effaeldm
    effaeldm Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Actually, it sounded to me like 100 is the aim, but not necessary, else why the points for levels?
    Once the event is live on a server, you have seven days to reach the highest level you can.
    You may use the Boutique, Auction House, and Guilds to advance in your leveling.
    Leveling is based off of a points value system and appears as follows:
    Each level reached equals that number in points (EG. Level 1 = 1 point, Level 15 = 15 points etc.)
    Level 100 = 125 points
    Points will be compiled on a server to server basis and will compound.
    The player with the most points at the end of the event will be declared the winner of Eyrda’s Amazing Race

If I understood correctly, may just create and do it the "as much as convenient" way and maybe get something, perhaps the 76th+ Place prize plus a possibility to easily try some class/talent development options (thanks to the boosters)? Right?

I agree though with the main idea that more various events with good prizes and convenient for people who have little time could be really cool.
    [email protected], [email protected], etc. - Holodeck
    Lefdmae, StormVoice - Illyfue; Amlaath, StormVoiceZero - Storm Legion, StormVoiceXVII - Tytan, etc.
  • thenamesdomino
    effaeldm said:

Actually, it sounded to me like 100 is the aim, but not necessary, else why the points for levels?
    If I understood correctly, may just create and do it the "as much as convenient" way and maybe get something, perhaps the 76th+ Place prize plus a possibility to easily try some class/talent development options (thanks to the boosters)? Right?

YAS! Someone gets it!
  • drunkbastard
    drunkbastard Posts: 90 Arc User
    This event is mostly for people who cant cs in-game.
    Lv5 gems are nice thou. But wings are just for show.
    They dont give any stats at all. (Maybe in the future they will?)

Also, Quality 5 Elemental Relic (gold).
    Your going to need tons of Stone of awakening.
    And i do mean tons, alot! That if im thinking its a gold relic. :*

Any huge cs'ers probably wont do this event. Such as myself.

Good Luck guys...
  • binaryqueen#4116
    binaryqueen#4116 Posts: 553 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Wow, so much hate xD These guys are organizing an event on their servers as a generosity and you would rail them for it? I can see why people leave the game just because of the community alone. People are willing to do events like this for others but they will be less-so more and more if people continue to put them down for it. Unbelievable...
    1zejmn5.jpg
    Fairy tales are more than true:
    Not because they tell us dragons exist,
    but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.
    ~G.K. Chesterton~
    xluna_girlx
    Eyrdan Glacial Priest
  • anyadpicsaja
    anyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    I agree with nickv, even though we dont see eye to eye often it seems, but hes right on this one. I could do it (the slacking on my workplace part) but i dont bother with this event, i would rather participate in an event which requires me to PLAY on my MAIN character (lets say everyone who completes X amount of RCIB,RCIM,RCIA and RCIE in the said time period will get rewards for each difficulty they managed to complete).

I wouldnt call something an event or remotely fun when you are required to pay, spend or creating alts on this scale (even temporary ones) to participate.

However i appreciate the effort @thenamesdomino, to make things better and collecting opinions from the particpants (guessing its about the leveling speed is fine or not) but FW-s problem lies elsewhere, not in the leveling speed. I would gladly type it for hours with solutions included if it would have any effect, but in my experience, it wont and thats one of the problems itself.

Also i just have to quote you nickv cuz i find it incredibly funny. xD
    "why must the good prizes come from events like this. Where most of the population does not stand a chance."

I told you the very same about the 90+ raids, there you said its not for everyone, seems like you got the short end of the stick this time. Enjoy it and feel how the majority feels everytime you complete a ToD95 or Dusk xD
    giphy.gif
  • silnec
    silnec Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Hmm too bad its not an event I can take part in cos got a job, life and all the shizzle that come with it atm.. Good luck to those who take part.
    ⋆⋆⋆ SEPHMEISTER ⋆ Illyfue ⋆⋆⋆

"this game is dying on all servers, wake the fk up" - Amarantos

This is the truth. PWE does not care.

• feida88#6199
    feida88#6199 Posts: 247 Arc User
    Been off the game since before Xmas for several reasons but all I see is the same as usual.

I made a post about a broken quest related to a CS item that should exchange several wings sets for 1 final wing pack (the Nether wings) Domino made very clear that those wings weren't going to see the light yet now they are going to be rewarded along other wing packs. Laughable. Besides, I must agree with Nick, this event is nuts. I've been very busy in real life lately, and started to get rid of things that wouldn't add to my life in this new year, like this game ( still checking the forums hoping for some changes tho).

This event is rewarding highly and it demands a lot as well. But in an absurd way. Not even fun. Sounds stressful rather than challenging. And I must say that new players would participate more if their charachters along their efforts wouldn't be deleted upon completing the event. I don't really understand why is it a problem that players get to keep those chars, even if they will get few leveling items, so what? no big deal, and they are going to put up with a lot of effort/hours.

I for example cannot participate in this event. It requires an amount of time I do not have and Iam actually glad that it is this way. But if I could it's a turn off to not get to keep the toons I would make.

But I highly agree with Nick on this one, all the other events, well, specially the last ones, are rewarding poorly, very old fashion, old pets etc. When I saw the rewards related to that Mount or Pet contest I just laughed. Ofc it's also about having fun and not only the reward, but, that Frost Fairy fashion set it's a joke. It's super common, and super old. You can acquire the whole set for less than 1d (in game currency). And well, designing can be very fun but can take a lot of time too. I've seen already few entries that I loved and I pitty those who win because their reward will not match their efforts/creativity.

Anyways, Domino stated that this event isn't just for everyone. That sounded awful. The community is what it is and I would say is rather small, I after +4 years practically left the game and stopped CSing, and making events ''not for everyone'' isn't going to help.

An Idea: from now on there should be a rotatory server event method, Domino and 2 members of the server in concrete are going to comunicate and adjust an event, those 2 members should be 2 different kind of players, CS one with lets say farming one, so when Domino and those 2 players get to close the details of the event, probably it's going to be suitable for everyone. In my opinion each server have a different population/interests so that method could solve that part, and if Domino takes 2 aknowledged players with different points of view the last result could be awesome. Perhaps 2 guild leaders from a pvp/pve/cs/no-cs style etc , running a guild you get always an overall idea of other players opinion. Or as I said just 2 aknowledged players. The only thing Domino would need to do is to talk with them using the comunication means that would woprk better for that and adjust the event before closing it and announce it.

"You were just a figment of my overactive Imagination".
  • feida88#6199
    feida88#6199 Posts: 247 Arc User
    @copolong#9918 exactly. Anyways the event is tough. I won't mind that people would be getting the Nether wings, even before me and some others, if at least Domino would have found a solution to the issue and really soon I would be getting mines for collecting the resonance packs with their respectives feathers.

On a side note, I think that the rewards for this event are nice, specially the firsts places, and they kinda match the efforts, and it's a good advertisement for newer players, to try new classes and to be motivated to create new chars if it wasn't because their efforts will be deleted upon completing the event. That's a big turn off.

"You were just a figment of my overactive Imagination".
  • botzlombe
    botzlombe Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    For the Qualy 5 golden relic reward i wouldnt say gratz to the winner. My condolences will fit it better ;)
    Except it will be Level 5 too!?
  • thenamesdomino
    Honestly speaking what would you say if every time you put together an event (this one, hide n seek, boss fights, pvp events, art events, mystery boxes etc.) sometimes planing and scrutinizing it for months on end only to be told it (and through that, all the work you put into making it happen) was stupid?

If you fall into that category then indeed this isn't your event. I just hope one day we will do an event that you can enjoy. It's as the saying goes "you can't please them all".
  • botzlombe
    botzlombe Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2017

@copolong#9918 exactly. Anyways the event is tough. I won't mind that people would be getting the Nether wings, even before me and some others, if at least Domino would have found a solution to the issue and really soon I would be getting mines for collecting the resonance packs with their respectives feathers.

On a side note, I think that the rewards for this event are nice, specially the firsts places, and they kinda match the efforts, and it's a good advertisement for newer players, to try new classes and to be motivated to create new chars if it wasn't because their efforts will be deleted upon completing the event. That's a big turn off.

@muralasa89 and now the other thread got closed and the last comments deleted just coz we brought the issue back up... Well lets see. Support still says they working on fixing the wing exchange Quest.

@thenamesdomino May it wouldnt cause so much trouble if the community were more involved. In an MMO you can soooo many nice events... Even the kill Henry event could have been a real Henry Mob in the game where alle ppl do REAL dmg. Its not hard to create a boss and spawn it.

Just as an example.

• bellasmurf
    edited January 2017

Honestly speaking what would you say if every time you put together an event (this one, hide n seek, boss fights, pvp events, art events, mystery boxes etc.) sometimes planing and scrutinizing it for months on end only to be told it (and through that, all the work you put into making it happen) was stupid?

If you fall into that category then indeed this isn't your event. I just hope one day we will do an event that you can enjoy. It's as the saying goes "you can't please them all".

^^^^^^^^^^^ +100

I will say this. I work full time. I am gone most of the day alot of times.. and I am still going to participate in this event. If you don't like it well sucks to be you. You're whinning about it being for no lifers but its not like you HAVE to hit 100. Get over it guys. The event sounds fun. :)

And Dom... your events are great. Considering you're the only GM we've had that actually interacts and plays with us and actually logs into the game just to be drilled by people...... Ignore the qq'rs. Offer them cheese instead.

(I also fail to see where it says participation is mandatory people. That is the price you pay when you work and play an MMO. You miss out on events. Get over it. Move on. Its nothing new)
  • buffybomb
    buffybomb Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2017

^^^^^^^^^^^ +100

I will say this. I work full time. I am gone most of the day alot of times.. and I am still going to participate in this event. If you don't like it well sucks to be you. You're whinning about it being for no lifers but its not like you HAVE to hit 100. Get over it guys. The event sounds fun. :)

And Dom... your events are great. Considering you're the only GM we've had that actually interacts and plays with us and actually logs into the game just to be drilled by people...... Ignore the qq'rs. Offer them cheese instead.

(I also fail to see where it says participation is mandatory people. That is the price you pay when you work and play an MMO. You miss out on events. Get over it. Move on. Its nothing new)
    ^^^^Pretty much this. I'm gonna participate as well, gonna have a pretty chill approach to it though, only putting in as much work as I am comfortable with. It's not really my type of event, I never found grinding to be much fun, so I'll just do what's fun for me. Meeting people on the other servers will be fun though, and I believe that's what the event is actually about. Meeting new people and working together. So let's all make the best out of this and if you stop having fun, go play your main instead :) Make sure not to burn yourselves out and stuff, and just try your best.

Love the cheese pic btw!

And the wing thread probably got locked cause it was necro'd.
  • bellasmurf
    edited January 2017
    @botzlombe If you are talking about the Sky Resonance wings for the special prize. Let me clarify this. I have 4 sets of these said wings. The XL, The Everdark, The Daylight, and the normal Sky.. All it says is Mysterious Reward. It does not say anywhere on it that it is the Nether wings. That is simply what they gave on CN. And CONSIDERING on the original post that it was stated clear as day that they didn't know anything about it and it turned out to be an event from CN I will repeat my previous of you want some bloody cheese? Atleast they are looking into it all you need to do is patient. -.-