Fashion Week Event Overflow - Post Questions here

2»

Comments

• amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    i just dont have access to a scanner to transfer a hand drawing to my computer, so i would have to take a photo with my phone and its got a really **** lens so i was seeing if i can just put together my idea with computer drawing and some stock items. because the elements are common items, but the overall theme is still original >_>

like for example using a picture of a generic balloon off google instead of drawing one (yes i know a balloon is easy to draw, its just an example)
  • amarantos
    edited August 2016
    being creative doesnt necessarily apply to just mixing different fashions tastefully, some ppl choose to be creative in the overall composition of the photo. a top model can take an ordinary fashion set and make it look extraordinary ;)

imo people who just "slap on" a mixed set standing around in nf like some have lack creativity. but its up to the judges to decide.
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    nickvv said:

Besides, the winners from this event will (likely) be proposed to the chinese developers, which will have to design it from scratch IF they pick it at all. They might sya nahh we dont like it or put it on a pile to be never seen again.

The reward is "praise" from the forum community here and the fashion set of your choice, which is what this event is ment for.

Pretty much this. We've had similar events with this game and others in the past, and the only way we've gotten fan submitted designs in before was to go through third party art development teams, and that was for all intents and purposes a very very long process. Right now we're in between vendors.

This was one of the events I wanted to do last year as well, because what is fashion week without some amazing and thought provoking designs? So, this being the first opportunity to do it, I'm going to go for it. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

• thenamesdomino
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Fashion Week! Eyrda's Hottest Designer!.
  • buffybomb
    buffybomb Posts: 182 Arc User
    One thing that made me a bit sad is that only our Glamour shots will be used to pick the finalists, cause I feel like there's a lot of us who put lots of work into all four of our pictures, and having that be ignored unless it's a tie kinda sucks :P

Either way, there's lots of awesome entries, I'm almost starting to have doubts about my own :D May the best models win though!
  • thenamesdomino
    @buffybomb The glamour and secondary shots are used to pick the finalists... You guys will be voting off the glamour shots for the winners.
  • buffybomb

Looks like peeps already can't follow these rules, confusing "one main glamour pic with supporting pics" with "let me just post 4 different fashion sets/pics that have nothing to do with each other". Let's see if Domino actually enforces the rules instead of letting people win with anything.

When we select the finalists we will be looking at the primary photograph. the secondary ones will be used o decide finalists in the event of a tie. When you guys vote on the winner, you will be looking at the primary glamour photos only when making a decision. :)

Guess I misunderstood that post then :P
  • feida88#6199
    feida88#6199 Posts: 247 Arc User
    Hey Domino! what's a fashion week without dyes? :p can we please have some dyes in the Cash Shop for Soul Leafs? Mysterious Dyes for example, pleaseeeeee! And Iam dying to get Suri Off Hand, are we going to get more off hands on this fashy week? Or any other fashion?

Iam so excited with the events, well done this time! Just hope the community voting works in a healthy way ^^

I think , also, it would be lovely to have a Fashion Guide for FW!!! Ik sounds weird, but there are many fashion <3 lovers out there, so have a lil department where I would like to post full sets of fashion with their names, and other people can post the ones nost already posted as well, what do you think Domi? Maybe Mounts as well... since we dont usually have more than the very old fashion in CS shop, I guess many people could come and check all the fashion sets that exist etc. (ik there's something called google to look for it) but anyway!

"You were just a figment of my overactive Imagination".
  • bellasmurf
    bellasmurf Posts: 54 Arc User
    Ok ive shortened my model fashion but its still saying pending approval. domtrom help :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • onomaris
    onomaris Posts: 17 Arc User
    So I am begging on my knees for you guys to fix the fashion week fashion releases so that demons can wear them. The Oriental stuff still can't be worn by them and still so much of the other fashion that is in all the time can't be worn by them either. There has been plenty of time since the race came out to fix this. Sure it's fashion week. Just not for demons. I call classisim. :'(
  • angelhead
    angelhead Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Any chance we can get a charge and/or spend promo with this event? o:)

Would be nice if we could get more sets for soul leaves or at least existing complete sets for soul leaves, not just the shoes/pants :)

Freida ~ Inferno Vampire ~ Rohans
  • thenamesdomino
    More to be revealed.
  • buffybomb
    ....When is the fashion week btw? I haven't seen a specific date anywhere :P
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    chichism said:

Character - _Seraphinia_
    Server - Eyrda
    Race - Stoneman

Ignore crappy quality photo and hand drawn skillz :D
    limited colored pencils too -.-
    male only cuz no stonewomen :(

OMGGGGGGGGGGG.. you did this thinking of me?? :relaxed:

• thenamesdomino
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Fashion Week! Eyrda's Hottest Designer!.
  • thenamesdomino
    buffybomb said:

....When is the fashion week btw? I haven't seen a specific date anywhere :P

We are in the midst of fashion week right now! :D
  • buffybomb

Are we allowed to enter more than 1 character? Someone from LH posted two of their characters - I have another I'd like to enter if that's allowed :#

Stealing Arleshas question from the other thread, since I'm interested in the answer as well. Doesn't seem quite fair, but that's just me \o/
  • thenamesdomino
    You may enter more than one, the model needs to have their name(s) and fashion pieces listed, however you may only win once.
  • fugukins
    fugukins Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    amarantos said:

being creative doesnt necessarily apply to just mixing different fashions tastefully, some ppl choose to be creative in the overall composition of the photo. a top model can take an ordinary fashion set and make it look extraordinary ;)

imo people who just "slap on" a mixed set standing around in nf like some have lack creativity. but its up to the judges to decide.

Didn't you just kind of counter yourself? A full set with a creative setting in my opinion falls on the same level as someone with a creative outfit just standing blandly. You sound like you value the setting more than the fash, but correct me if I'm wrong. The judging criteria includes creative camera, creative pose and creative use of fash, that means the fashion plays a part in the judging. A truly creative picture would be someone with the best of both worlds, creative composition and creative outfit and I think those would be the ones who deserve to get to the finals, don't you agree?

• thenamesdomino
    I wholeheartedly agree
  • buffybomb
    edited August 2016

Divillae
    Illyfue Server

Designing a kindred racial fashion, optionally would like to add maybe the ability to dye the blue parts to your liking, however if that would end up being too elaborate then it's not a necessity. Image has been made smaller to fit on forum, but higher resolution is also available. (Hair colours are completely irrelevant, just my artistic choice to add it. :))

Just wanted to say I looooooooove this! Personally, I would prefer something smaller around the neck, but that's just me :P Is the skirt part attached to the top or the bottom? Cause I can see a lot of mix and match potential there :D Bonus points for it being blue, my favorite colour ^_^

The male outfit is nice too btw!
  • divinityscarlet
    divinityscarlet Posts: 63 Arc User
    buffybomb said:

Divillae
    Illyfue Server

Designing a kindred racial fashion, optionally would like to add maybe the ability to dye the blue parts to your liking, however if that would end up being too elaborate then it's not a necessity. Image has been made smaller to fit on forum, but higher resolution is also available. (Hair colours are completely irrelevant, just my artistic choice to add it. :))

Just wanted to say I looooooooove this! Personally, I would prefer something smaller around the neck, but that's just me :P Is the skirt part attached to the top or the bottom? Cause I can see a lot of mix and match potential there :D Bonus points for it being blue, my favorite colour ^_^

The male outfit is nice too btw!
    Thank you! Glad you like it. :) The lower skirt, the see-through one, is attached to the bottom! I got inspired by the Courtesan fash a bit on that, as I really like the idea of that too. As for the neck one, I think it ended up being a bit too big cause I drew it that way. :D Hopefully if it were to be animated it would appear much smoother.

• buffybomb
    It's too bad we don't have a "worst outfit" category this year, cause Euli totally would've won \o/

• isfolket80
    isfolket80 Posts: 222 Arc User
    how are we going to vote for winners? the top 5 i mean
    ae060k.jpg
    <3 Cuitepie <TyOhni's Wife> <3
    Illyfue- Fairytail

• thenamesdomino
    I'll make polls
  • isfolket80
    isfolket80 Posts: 222 Arc User
    had a feelin it was ty dom :)
    ae060k.jpg
    <3 Cuitepie <TyOhni's Wife> <3
    Illyfue- Fairytail

• amarantos
    how will you protect against alt spam voting? hopefully you would actually track all the votes and remove the bad ones if needed instead of just saying ppl receiving spam votes will be disqualified since people could just spam votes for someone they don't want to win to get DQd on purpose...
  • kalabungala
    kalabungala Posts: 122 Arc User
    Just pay newbies to vote for you ><