Some anoying facts about this game

2»

Comments

• senrin
    senrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    Also, those unexperienced players get tired fast and even faster usually quit.

Can't blame them: cashing should be an option, NOT mandatory to have fun.
  • aihate#1740
    aihate#1740 Posts: 15 Arc User
    beating a dead horse wont change anything.
    put a new horse pweetty pweaasee normal-46.gif

unless FW fix these 2 thing..nothing will change.
    • stop delivering broken content PVE + PVP (arena seasons outdated etcs)
    • stop friggin orbing every little things..this company runs PTW elements for every single game they host LOL
    ​​
    2qmlp3b.jpg
    My FW adventure journey ended on 14/9/2016
    Occasional visitor when something nice pass by~
  • kumi
    kumi Posts: 114 Arc User

Lets try and think like a new player (new player wont give a ... about flame crystals or how hes going to catch up,at first at least)

First issue is the almost non existant sub quests and storyline, then he realize hes doing lvl 5 quests on lvl10. Since leveling is way too fast, new players dont have the time to learn the basics in basic instances,even less have the chance to farm his/her first gear for the lionheart badges. (if i remember right 30 badge is 1 piece of gear,along with the ones we get from main quests,our player still needs around 60 or more badge,if we assume he/she get all drops in a run, thats more than 10 run)

When he/she reaches lvl40-ish, hes going to need wargod points lots of them and lots of star crystals too(which happens to be available for wargod points as well) to reach at least 9/12 which is again too much effort in that level range in short notice cuz he/she will reach lvl60 in the blink of an eye. All in all,again not worth to do anything yet besides some daily quests and some way outleveled boring story quests.

Here we have a lvl60+ player with zero experience whos probably bored to death and is in green gears +some

+1, this, this, this, this, THIS.

Additionally, newbies don't really get a chance to actually learn their toons because the only settings they actually get to flex their muscles in are places like GT2, or bot farming DOs. There's no more "learn as a group" setting of peers like there was back in the day. You don't get an entire group of lv60s for a MRC and figure out how to function as a team, you get 3-4 OP lv2+ wingers and they just nuke the whole instance and the newbies follow awkwardly behind, learning nothing of what role(s) they should be filling.
    *Pulls cane out* I remember back when having 1 super dps in the group was a TREAT! And people didn't EXPECT a carry! ...But then, they also didn't tend to need it. I'll grant newbies that, nowadays, they desperately need those stronger people now to carry them until they can get decent gear.
    Which, need I remind PWE: Is. Not. FUN.
    Nobody likes a game in which they can't take a dump without asking someone way stronger than them to hold their hand. And while some people have pointed out that yes, WG gear is better starter gear than we used to have, they neglect to acknowledge that decent BLUES have gone the way of the dinosaur. Why are blues so hard to get, when purples should be harder given that they're a step up in grade? (And that's not to say blues are worthless, they can come with better additional stats and be easier to reID for the average new player who doesn't have 300D to drop on dark amethyst scrolls.)
    Additionally, reID materials are becoming more of a luxury when they should be a necessity. Especially given how many scrolls/how much it ends up costing just to get 1 piece of a set to a decent (Not even a crazy strong) ID.
    If power depends on your gear the way it does in this game, and progress depends on power, gear shouldn't cost an arm and a leg just to manipulate.

However, I do disagree with the "catch up" part. I worked hard for 5 years for my stuff, I'd be absolutely pissed if some newbie rocked up and got what I did in such a shorter amount of time without doing something that I couldn't: In this game, that'd be CSing.
    Houseplant of Lionheart server
  • anyadpicsaja
    anyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    I made those suggestions as the fastest way to somehow stabilize the lower lvl-s,because a new player with this leveling speed wont be able to stock up enough wargod points and soulgold to upgrade his/her gears and soulpower tree to a decent level.

Skill scrolls are fine-ish, but would be good to be able to get all of them besides Hell Road, cuz that place is not new player friendly and its not farmable. The Elsee Wineglasses were a good solution but currently only Nightmare Carneval gives them and only 1 per week (probably just an accident leftover anyway btw). Waterwheel Emergency was a fine way to get these wineglasses btw, would be awesome to get that back along with Wester and Reeves, since we got SoO map back now.

The perfect solution would be to put a decent storyline in the game for low levels with at least 10 types of events which is frequent 24/7 and not in the slightest limited in any way. And these events should focus on how to use your character efficiently and actually fun to do. (Like public quests are used to be in PWI, I LOVED that feature and i can see it working here with good rewards)

(Public Quest in short: Imagine a quest which everyone receives upon entering the area, and requires you to kill x number of mobs,then bosses etc etc,these mobs and bosses are hard and requires teaming up with others. The kill count is shared among people in the area, and u got points based on your overall activity. The more points u had, the better xp u got in the end+some items maybe,dont remember exactly.)

The problem with my "perfect solution" is that there is no point for china to bother with lower lvl contents, cuz they have actualy huge playerbase. Waste of resource. (for reasons everyone already knows deep within...and im too tired to list the things PWE done and doing wrong.)

So what is left is some imperfect solutions like making life way easier for new players than it was for us.
    giphy.gif
  • kumi
    kumi Posts: 114 Arc User
    Or, just, y'know. Toning it down where it's been too amped up: Leveling speed is horrifically fast and that's at least half of the gear appropriation problem. Slowing the leveling process down wouldn't make it as easy as it is now, but it'd make it better for their progression overall without just handing them what they need with no lasting effort required on their part. (They already have it way easier than I did when I started, anyhow. I'm old, I've been here since beta. Soul gold was truly precious, back then. Nowadays they get a special item that just gives you things for leveling up, and among the things it gives, is soul gold. The 60ish quests in EH also give soul gold per completion and are farmable up until the boss pops.)
    Slowing leveling would give players time to learn their toons and gather enough resources to have decent gear before they attempt HR, therefore will be better able to get through HR and obtain skill scrolls. Making blue gear more available (Via drops from mobs as it was before) would also greatly aid that. HR doesn't really need to be farmable, just getting to around room 30 (And let's face it, long-term you're going to want to get past 30 eventually for the mastery points) gives ample items for skill scrolls. It may require some picking and choosing, but that's what reading skill descriptions and making personal decisions is for.

As for a storyline, I personally would just skip through it the same way I did on PWI and when FW was young. I don't care about NPCs or their trials and tribulations, I want to see my toon grow.
    But, yes. You're sadly on the nose about the nature of China's priorities.
    Houseplant of Lionheart server
  • anyadpicsaja
    edited August 2016
    Slowing down the leveling speed would not solve anything cuz there is no content in those levels to have fun.

Like i said, sub-quests are gone, the main quest is unrewarding and not fun at all, not to mention its not that long. The instances arent really rewarding neither challenging. We would only make players do more henry and that wouldnt help anybody.

edit: and if we turn off the 4x xp 90+ levels would be a nightmare without rebalancing the required xp for each level.
    giphy.gif
  • kalabungala
    kalabungala Posts: 122 Arc User
    4x exp only for Friday sat and sun but if u re going by that logic then turn off 3x sp
  • anyadpicsaja
    SP? Why? SP is something we should boost even more, for low lvl-s to catch up to our current level of soulpower and for us to max it. 40+mil SP for each level of synergy takes long to max.

SP tree is something that should always be up to date with your corresponding level, having a 80 char with 20 level of soulpower is "meh" at least. Plus its not like you can get your SP tree above your character level cuz its limited. Its nice if for example you are lvl50 have lvl50 SP and stacked the max available soulpower to prepare for the next tier. But with the current leveling speed its not possible. Everything what gives decent amount of SP it gives lots of xp. Impossible to keep it up to date. (keep in mind that SP books requires a certain level of SP gate unlocked)

P.S. : Unlocking a <80 Skill Scroll takes like 1 henry. Which if you think about it, is a joke.
    giphy.gif
  • sabcia106
    sabcia106 Posts: 92 Arc User
    > @anasilva991 said:
    > u can catch up with a f2p player if u cash 50 orbs daily nowadays, even less if u lucky.

Thats not a free player anymore then

> @miciociccio said:

> Point 2 is true but that apply to ANY free **** wth cs (unless is some game with few months of life still building up playerbase).
    >
    > Rest i agree and indeed i dont suggest to anyone to start this game (now we also get that wing **** thighy that give insane bonuses seem, like relics wasnt already enough ) but dont come in like a wrecking ball shouting "Truths and Fatcs" when more than half isnt true and rest apply to ANY "free ****" LOL!
    >
    > Scorpioluca

Im trying free game where guilds wage war two and that dont apply at all(there is a option to buy it once and remove not anoying restrictions)
  • sanjsimi22
    sanjsimi22 Posts: 27 Arc User

SP? Why? SP is something we should boost even more, for low lvl-s to catch up to our current level of soulpower and for us to max it. 40+mil SP for each level of synergy takes long to max.

SP tree is something that should always be up to date with your corresponding level, having a 80 char with 20 level of soulpower is "meh" at least. Plus its not like you can get your SP tree above your character level cuz its limited. Its nice if for example you are lvl50 have lvl50 SP and stacked the max available soulpower to prepare for the next tier. But with the current leveling speed its not possible. Everything what gives decent amount of SP it gives lots of xp. Impossible to keep it up to date. (keep in mind that SP books requires a certain level of SP gate unlocked)

P.S. : Unlocking a <80 Skill Scroll takes like 1 henry. Which if you think about it, is a joke.</p>

And u forgot to add soul coins amount what is need to make your soul tree on max.
  • anyadpicsaja
    edited August 2016
    i did not forgot.

I made those suggestions as the fastest way to somehow stabilize the lower lvl-s,because a new player with this leveling speed wont be able to stock up enough wargod points and soulgold to upgrade his/her gears and soulpower tree to a decent level.

giphy.gif