Justification

Comments

• thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    Merged all threads on this topic together to save space.
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    all threads merged and we didn't even pass 10 pages :'(
  • known2figures
    known2figures Posts: 129 Arc User
    Sure, and then what game will you have left, with no people around? :pensive:
  • galadhwen23
    galadhwen23 Posts: 190 Arc User
    ppl exploiting and qqing about bans lelelelelel whats next peeps? this is hilarious
    Clyfar
  • ruthlessmorock
    ruthlessmorock Posts: 5 Arc User
    kumi said:

've personally spoken with Domino about a player who is stealing the 95 demon crystal using a scrub sin alt while stealthing in base.....and I've even sent screenshots of this player + his admission of kill stealing in World Chat. This player is not banned after having stolen 3x Demon crystals on Storm Server.

Why can't they ban ONE player who ruins the experience of 50+ others?

Unfortunately kill stealing isn't officially against the rules. It's just poor taste, and some people are a-holes.
    Wrong kill stealing is a form of griefing = harassment also against the ToS ruining a players experience making the game unplayable, stop acting all high and mighty like you know it all because you don't.
  • caesium222#5052
    caesium222#5052 Posts: 3 Arc User
    It sucks servers are so dead with so many people banned. It sucks it's harder than it already is to get into instances without enough people around. I blame FW for making glitch available in first place.
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    i guess no raids this week.. with so many people banned :X

• silnec
    silnec Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited August 2016

kumi said:

've personally spoken with Domino about a player who is stealing the 95 demon crystal using a scrub sin alt while stealthing in base.....and I've even sent screenshots of this player + his admission of kill stealing in World Chat. This player is not banned after having stolen 3x Demon crystals on Storm Server.

Unfortunately kill stealing isn't officially against the rules. It's just poor taste, and some people are a-holes.
    Wrong kill stealing is a form of griefing = harassment also against the ToS ruining a players experience making the game unplayable, stop acting all high and mighty like you know it all because you don't.
    This is PWE's stand on kill steal.

"Kill stealing" is not illegal in our game. Remember that monsters do not actually belong to any player, and that the player/squad that does the most damage will gain the majority of the EXP as well as the loot that the mob drops.

The only time that a GM will intervene is if one player begins following another player from zone to zone, attacking the same mobs/harassing them in general for an extended period of time. At this point it would be considered player harassment."

So, i guess those going into another base, to steal crystals, can be classified as harassment maybe.
    ⋆⋆⋆ SEPHMEISTER ⋆ Illyfue ⋆⋆⋆

"this game is dying on all servers, wake the fk up" - Amarantos

This is the truth. PWE does not care.

• ruthlessmorock
    silnec said:

kumi said:

This is PWE's stand on kill steal.

"Kill stealing" is not illegal in our game. Remember that monsters do not actually belong to any player, and that the player/squad that does the most damage will gain the majority of the EXP as well as the loot that the mob drops.

The only time that a GM will intervene is if one player begins following another player from zone to zone, attacking the same mobs/harassing them in general for an extended period of time. At this point it would be considered player harassment."

So, i guess those going into another base, to steal crystals, can be classified as harassment maybe.
    Yes it is illegal , someone continues to kill steal on purpose that is harassment, I've played games before where you will be perma banned if you do it.

• miciociccio
    miciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    smexy11 said:

or give those who didnt exploit glitch change to get fking many lvl 3 gems per day so we get even, a week ban is not price they deserve to pay. SO EITHER PUNISH THEM MORE or make us equal by giving us all 15 or 20 lvl 3 PER DAY PER WEEK

That's a nice idea ;3

10 Gs's 3, 20 Shatter's 3 and 60ish Rage's 3 for me thx

But yes, a really funny post overall

Scorpioluca

Ps: ksing 1 boss isnt griefing lol, griefing is if someone sistematically follow you and keep ksing over and over, gotta say i had fun do that on a moron that was enjoying and bragging about ksing "normal ppls".

• dosena14#7699
    dosena14#7699 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    there is many ways PWE could have handled this. But they choosed not too. PWE is more in the wrong than any of the players.

1. PWE could have tested the patch before launching it. (24hr test would have done the job)
    2. The glitch was reported the same day it came out. Domino said it would be fix in a week. They could have just as easy turned off X-server until the issue was fixed. But they decided to keep it on the game for everyone to use.
    3. PWE does not enforce or follow their own TOS. people report others for bullying, Swearing and glitching all the time. But they to lazy to do anything else because they would loose money from their top spending if they get banned or punished.
    4. They can fire their devs and hire a real team that knows what they are doing. It's not like they dont make enough money.
    5. This game has given us to many empty orbs it's not even funny. Support didn't even return to us the full amount. This glitch is considered payment for all the money they wrongfully kept from those players.
  • ruthlessmorock
    It's not one boss if you continue to do it everytime.
  • xxxviper
    xxxviper Posts: 13 Arc User
    Every day you lose more and more players, not to talk about recent penalties for exploitation.
    Pay attention, game dies
  • silkybites
    silkybites Posts: 3 Arc User
    Dear FW
    I might not be the strongest cash shopper you have nor the smallest, I'm not your toughest toon or your weakest, I have my faults like every other "HUMAN" player your pixel game has. As the world turns humans make mistakes. Do I deserve the ban, yes I spent my time all of 3 hours jumping to x server for my lvl 3 gems. Did I earn my lvl 4 wings ummm nope kinda hard to do if I want azure wings then yep didn't even earn those either. Why did I jump the server to take advantage of this "blip" in your system. Well after a waste of 45 mins trying to que into 12s trying to get points for the bling that comes with it. I fought long and hard with my conscience as it said go ahead and my mind said don't. watching numbers of countless toons jump in and out around me 20+ times I thought why not just a few. I'm not boohooing like some of you like to post. I'm not crying cause I got banned cause yep I did the deed ill pay the price. WHAT I am boohooing about is the countless people who arnt banned, the countless things yall wont fix, the countless times tickets are reported and go unanswered. Why do I take the time to blah blah blah when it will be over looked or even give me more issues or bans down the road. why cause I don't even know how long I'm banned. You sent me an email that states you have been ban for ONE day but when I went to log in guess what that number is 525600mins. this is the equilivant on 365 days. HOW I got my math is common sense but ill break it down for you in stupid terms. 525600/60 mins in an hour=8760/24 hours in one day=365 omg that's the number of days in one year. NOT the number in a 24 hour ban. So either again yall cant count and do simple math or MY email was a fraud. I have seen many times mistakes happen in this pixel life as well as real. I get your job is hard and you cant please every dang player that logs in and says you suck. What I am saying is fair is fair. If I "ROBBED" the bank and my bff robbed the same bank but got a note from the police saying try not to be bad but I get a judge that's on vaca for god only knows how long. THATS an issue. IF one is BANNED then ALL shall be. we cant just pick and choose in society who goes to jail for same crime and who don't. I cant walk down the street with two murders and pull one aside and say yep your going to jail for 1, 3, 7 or a year and not do S*** to the other as he may just murder again. So again ty for my time off maybe if it is a year I wont be back
    forever in SilkyStaR
  • sichel3
    sichel3 Posts: 5 Arc User
    You have done a grave misjustice to an already dying game. Rather than take a part in the community of players and see what needed or still needed to be changed you decide, at the wrong time, to punish with a ban. Bans of this type should have been a long time coming. I can remember the same threats at the level 90 ban with server jumping glitching soul gold and points. You said then you would be banning people and never did. e list is endless. You can at any time take a game down and fix what you need too. Point and case the god glitch on Erydra. Upon realizing the god glitch you took the game down on that server immediately and fixed it within 30 mins. If you know a game has a glitch that should be your first protocal is to stop it rather than stating you will fix it at the next maintenance. You've already showed the people you can fix it at a whim. You have cultivated a society to exploit any glitch in the game by never taking action upon it. That in part is your fault. I am not condoing any glitching behavior but merely stating facts and why people do what they have done. You should have banned each and every person that took in this last glitch rather than a certain few and then handing out citation to others.. YOu have once again lost player base. Kudos.
  • onomaris
    onomaris Posts: 17 Arc User
    Ok wait. So all the banned people are all here fussing about getting banned for abusing a glitch and exploiting it when they knew it was wrong. And after the 3 days ban they get to come back and still have the gems they exploited to gain and unfair advantage in the game. And everyone else is stupid because they played fair and didn't abuse said glitch. And is it not in the ToS that you will be found if abusing a bug and not reporting it and potentially be banned for said action or lack thereof. And have any of the accounts that abused the glitch/bug/whatever you want to call it been rolled back to get rid of the ill gotten gains ? And why are people blaming PWE for them getting banned ? Or will we now see a plethera of lvl 4/5 wings running about and still cussing about the ban they got before they obtained said wings and other stats ...the hypocricy is astounding here.
  • babobo#9605
    babobo#9605 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Most of these people are complaining about how some people got banned while some didn’t. PWE is to be blamed for making glitch available in first place yet they are not taking any responsibility for what happened. It’s their job to thoroughly test for any bugs. Hell if I made a single typo or an error on my job, I’d get in lot of trouble. PWE needs to start showing respect to earn respect from players. Also, I’m seeing lot of people are mad because they didn’t get to exploit the glitch because they didn’t know about it not because they wanted to play fair.
  • known2figures
    known2figures Posts: 129 Arc User
    Maybe you should read a lit
    onomaris said:

Ok wait. So all the banned people are all here fussing about getting banned for abusing a glitch and exploiting it when they knew it was wrong. And after the 3 days ban they get to come back and still have the gems they exploited to gain and unfair advantage in the game. And everyone else is stupid because they played fair and didn't abuse said glitch. And is it not in the ToS that you will be found if abusing a bug and not reporting it and potentially be banned for said action or lack thereof. And have any of the accounts that abused the glitch/bug/whatever you want to call it been rolled back to get rid of the ill gotten gains ? And why are people blaming PWE for them getting banned ? Or will we now see a plethera of lvl 4/5 wings running about and still cussing about the ban they got before they obtained said wings and other stats ...the hypocricy is astounding here.

You need to maybe think for yourself, but ill do it for you. People aren't mad they're banned. PWE was notified about it, as soon as it was a thing, and instead of being smart, and shutting the game down then and there. Dom decided it should be done next week (big mistake one) That alone tells people he obviously doesn't care. Come on any decent company would have been shut the game down when something like this surfaced. So why should everyone be punished for a companies fault? Not that everyone got punished anyway, half got banned and a few got a slap on the wrist warning. If people are going to get banned then everyone that did it should share the same bans, not half.

It's sad that some people here are that narrow-minded, and can only function on their own opinion instead of looking the alternatives as well. Not that you should abuse exploits, but all in all..If they'd fix problems from the get go, this wouldn't even be a thing, and the game wouldn't be that much of a ghost town. Maybe next time when they get notified of bugs like this they'll actually take action, instead of being lazy couchpotatos?
  • sichel3
    sichel3 Posts: 5 Arc User
    onomaris said:

Part of the problem in society today, is not following through. I never stated I was banned nor was I banned. I thnk it is grossly unfair to punish some and not all. I think its pure negligence on the game and gms to NOT be pro active in fixing known exploits when it becomes known, when they have the power to do it at any time. In the real world these types of negligence is grounds for termination. Why should it be any different in a game venue when people are using their hard earned money in this game and the expectations is that it works. Its not a far fetched expectation. What they have left now is a few old player base hoping with all their might that somethign will change. Perhaps you should put aside the concept of BATHROOM TOAST and think about what you can do to keep what little you have of the player base and what you can do to cultivate more.
  • varalar
    varalar Posts: 4 Arc User
    A good number of us aren't even upset about the bans. I actually support them. What I don't support is the double standards. In this specific instance the bug was discovered and fixed quickly and exploiters banned. Cool enough. But any glitch that hinders a player they will get to in their own good time and not do a damn thing for the players affected by the glitch. Their whole attitude with hindering glitches is 'live with it, we'll eventually get around to fixing it. Maybe.'
  • gamma2test2only
    gamma2test2only Posts: 95 Arc User
    Offtopic: if the exploit was fixed... can explain me what was? (I'm a little "disconnected" from game so i think i dont know exactly what was). thanks.

For the OT, the time was banned can be "just bad lucky" (you put your money when they has been applicated the bans...)

• onomaris
    onomaris Posts: 17 Arc User

Maybe you should read a lit

onomaris said:

You need to maybe think for yourself, but ill do it for you. People aren't mad they're banned. PWE was notified about it, as soon as it was a thing, and instead of being smart, and shutting the game down then and there. Dom decided it should be done next week (big mistake one) That alone tells people he obviously doesn't care. Come on any decent company would have been shut the game down when something like this surfaced. So why should everyone be punished for a companies fault? Not that everyone got punished anyway, half got banned and a few got a slap on the wrist warning. If people are going to get banned then everyone that did it should share the same bans, not half.

It's sad that some people here are that narrow-minded, and can only function on their own opinion instead of looking the alternatives as well. Not that you should abuse exploits, but all in all..If they'd fix problems from the get go, this wouldn't even be a thing, and the game wouldn't be that much of a ghost town. Maybe next time when they get notified of bugs like this they'll actually take action, instead of being lazy couchpotatos?
    I don't need you to think for me. My mind works just fine. From what I saw though it's cash shoppers Q_Qing about getting banned for using a bug. Regardless of if they chose to do the fix during the next maint or that day the doesn't matter. Writing code for these fixes takes time. And the player base should be smarter than to think that PWE doesn't see what they are doing. Especially when it is a known issue to them.The fact is they got caught abusing a known glitch/bug. If your friends told you to jump off the Empire State Building would you? More than likely not because you know it's not a smart thing to do. Same thing here. If your friends say hey use this glitch/bug. Should you? No it probably is not a smart thing either. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. And if you do and get caught, well guess what, I won't feel bad for you. And just because people cash shop shouldn't be a free pass for them to get away with it either. I cash shop, I help pay for the game. Do you think I am gonna be so stupid as to abuse a glitch/bug? Nope. And I am sure the one's who haven't been banned yet will be in time. And I also hope all the gems obtained during the abuse get erased.
  • rynenth
    rynenth Posts: 6 Arc User
    > If your friends say hey use this glitch/bug. Should you? No it probably is not a smart thing either.

Actually, "abusing" the exploit was absolutely the smart choice. A week ban in exchange for two sets or more of lv4 wings? That's the best deal PWE's ever offered.
  • duan83
    duan83 Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    So to the QQuers. Shut the [REDACTED]up and enjoy ur holiday/vacation. We will see you with your glorious wings after the ban.
    Post edited by thenamesdomino on
  • silentblowz
    silentblowz Posts: 40 Arc User
    so the ban on gem and reforge exploits is not permanent? then next time i should expolit any future bugs then? will i get 7 days ban?
  • rynenth
    rynenth Posts: 6 Arc User
    Yes, you should definitely exploit any future bugs. There's a good chance they won't do anything and even if they do it'll just be a slap on the wrist and a "tsk tsk" from Domino.
  • silnec
    silnec Posts: 248 Arc User
    duan83 said:

So to the QQuers. Shut the fk up and enjoy ur holiday/vacation. We will see you with your glorious wings after the ban.

I hope PWE remove their gems too. If the gems are embedded into the gear, destroy the gear. Ofc, it must be checked and confirmed as exploited gems as this move hits hard and is decisive.
    ⋆⋆⋆ SEPHMEISTER ⋆ Illyfue ⋆⋆⋆

"this game is dying on all servers, wake the fk up" - Amarantos

This is the truth. PWE does not care.

• keakua808
    keakua808 Posts: 222 Arc User
    duan83 said:

So to the QQuers. Shut the fk up and enjoy ur holiday/vacation. We will see you with your glorious wings after the ban.

mostly its not being banned its about fair play. 7 day ban max who cares. nit picking who gets banned thats the problem. they should be banning everyone who did it not just a few. if they gonna do that at least give us some kind of guide on how they choose who got banned and how long.
    for the record i should of got banned with everyone else but i didnt.
    Conovar
    79 Dark Vampire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]