Please close arena at night

124»

Comments

• senrin
    senrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I agree with SirFanion, with some effort, if you really wanna enjoy pvp you can do it!

-----

But I wonder if the starter of this topic would make such effort, or, in general, if EU ppl will be smart enough to come to a point collaboration is needed to set up fair matches.

-----

It seems some EU ppl hide under the "hey broh gimmah moah fair fights", while they just wanna "force" ppl to Arena in a "commah here broh it's in this little timeframe you can dah your quests dude, or never ahahah!".

Honestly, I can't blame anyone for dodging: will you queue with your team if you know you're not powerful enough to stand a chance? Fun must be BOTH sides, while the starter of this topic asked for his own fun, it's pretty clear.

Do not put the "fairness" curtain, it's not that sunny outside. Do not close the "I do pvp for fun blabla" blinds, it's not that bright either.

-----

It's not just me, many ppl told already shorten Arena's timeframe won't change anything, and for the reasons many alr stated I won't write it again.

-----

To make it simple, imo, honestly, 1st comment should have been more like:

"Hey, I am geared enough to have fun, but noone comes vs me, but I want to pvp! So, ppl, do not dare dodging me, fight me so I can enjoy myself regardless! And yeeees, if it's not vs me, it's vs noone, shorten Arena to 30m per week so I can have MY fun."

Well, I want fairness politeness gentleness amazingness lovelyness cuddleness... Now, want to fight or not?! I am bored!! QQ

It's clear, and simple! XD

-----

Also, well, sometimes you do not queue because there're some ppl (not the poster or any of his friends afaik) that still queue with their alts: same old refrain "average score is low so I pretty much fight noobs with my main I easily solo kill". The win lose ratio is also easily tricked: main in perma 10 wins, while alts perma 10 losses (he makes those afk lose Arena while doing FF or something else in his homeserver, rotating them all).

Guess it's why some ppl ask for random queue Arena only: after all, FW's a luck based game, let's add the cherry on the top of the cake.

-----

But yeah, thread is pointless...
  • shadrim
    shadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    Simple question: what is arena (if it works) good for nowadays ?

The scoring issues described, especially the meagre win points and the massive lose ratio will not be changed.
    There is a cash item involved that lessens the losses, so guess how good the chances are that anything here will be improved ?

There is not even some kind of "security wall" involved, meaning that by reaching a certain amount of score, you cant get lower than that anymore. You could still keep the last 100 points to max gear barrier looseable to generate the need for the loss reducing cash items but a lot of the frustration would be removed and downfarming would also not be possible anymore.
    Furthermore, this simple idea would concentrate every player playing arena frequently into the same score window, thus generating more "population" in the active area while keeping the time dependant avoiding possibilities.
    And while we are at it, why not implement "fill up npc" groups so low score area will in any case have adversaries until the real players grew up to meet everyone else ?

Even with the sad state that arena is currently in, there are several ways of bringing it back to some kind of life. But this requires work that noone wants to invest and might involve thinking of game development instead of cash item enforcement.
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • glacialsupreme#2607
    glacialsupreme#2607 Posts: 8 Arc User
    shadrim said:

Simple question: what is arena (if it works) good for nowadays ?

The scoring issues described, especially the meagre win points and the massive lose ratio will not be changed.
    There is a cash item involved that lessens the losses, so guess how good the chances are that anything here will be improved ?

There is not even some kind of "security wall" involved, meaning that by reaching a certain amount of score, you cant get lower than that anymore. You could still keep the last 100 points to max gear barrier looseable to generate the need for the loss reducing cash items but a lot of the frustration would be removed and downfarming would also not be possible anymore.
    Furthermore, this simple idea would concentrate every player playing arena frequently into the same score window, thus generating more "population" in the active area while keeping the time dependant avoiding possibilities.
    And while we are at it, why not implement "fill up npc" groups so low score area will in any case have adversaries until the real players grew up to meet everyone else ?

Even with the sad state that arena is currently in, there are several ways of bringing it back to some kind of life. But this requires work that noone wants to invest and might involve thinking of game development instead of cash item enforcement.

Sry but what? There is not item that "lessens the losses", lol. If you lose, you lose. If you mean the warlord card, that reduces the points lost, then yes, it exists. But pretending that it's something like an OP CS only item is nuts... you can buy a 1d card from AH for a couple of silver coins... that's nothing. And you don't even really need it nowadays...

Back to topic:
    Imho there's really no need for closing arena during the night. The 2050 for being able to obtain the set is so friggin easy to reach, even my alt got it during daytime with random queues...
  • utahalt
    utahalt Posts: 404 Arc User
    Please set random vs random and premade vs premade like many other MMO pvp, then problem solve!!!
  • negemaa
    negemaa Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    senrin wrote: »
    I agree with SirFanion, with some effort, if you really wanna enjoy pvp you can do it!

But I wonder if the starter of this topic would make such effort, or, in general, if EU ppl will be smart enough to come to a point collaboration is needed to set up fair matches.

It seems some EU ppl hide under the "hey broh gimmah moah fair fights", while they just wanna "force" ppl to Arena in a "commah here broh it's in this little timeframe you can dah your quests dude, or never ahahah!".

Honestly, I can't blame anyone for dodging: will you queue with your team if you know you're not powerful enough to stand a chance? Fun must be BOTH sides, while the starter of this topic asked for his own fun, it's pretty clear.

Do not put the "fairness" curtain, it's not that sunny outside. Do not close the "I do pvp for fun blabla" blinds, it's not that bright either.

It's not just me, many ppl told already shorten Arena's timeframe won't change anything, and for the reasons many alr stated I won't write it again.

To make it simple, imo, honestly, 1st comment should have been more like:

"Hey, I am geared enough to have fun, but noone comes vs me, but I want to pvp! So, ppl, do not dare dodging me, fight me so I can enjoy myself regardless! And yeeees, if it's not vs me, it's vs noone, shorten Arena to 30m per week so I can have MY fun."

Well, I want fairness politeness gentleness amazingness lovelyness cuddleness... Now, want to fight or not?! I am bored!! QQ

It's clear, and simple! XD

Also, well, sometimes you do not queue because there're some ppl (not the poster or any of his friends afaik) that still queue with their alts: same old refrain "average score is low so I pretty much fight noobs with my main I easily solo kill". The win lose ratio is also easily tricked: main in perma 10 wins, while alts perma 10 losses (he makes those afk lose Arena while doing FF or something else in his homeserver, rotating them all).

Guess it's why some ppl ask for random queue Arena only: after all, FW's a luck based game, let's add the cherry on the top of the cake.

But yeah, thread is pointless...

+1​ having good fights is always fun but its not about how you want to get a fight is why you want to fight in the fair place and factor in the meaning of "fair play" in arena and etc.​​
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • feida88#6199
    feida88#6199 Posts: 247 Arc User
    Starting to giving my opinion on Velvet thread, on one side, I agree. There isn't almost people who qeue for Arena, and concentrating the timeframe would help the ones who does, meet with each other. Iam a weak toon called Spviti from Illyfue, who tries to queue for Arena and get frustrated, waiting and waiting, and quiting. When it's working ofc.About the scores, Iam not much into that, and I've never tried to get any arena gear.

I have to say, I agree with @senrin in many of the things he/she said.His/her general point is very accurate. Not everything tho.He/she is very focused on the CSing thing, blaming everything happens because of it. In other threads as well, CSers or CSing isn't the real issue at all.

I also agree a lot with @divinityscarlet , she is also very right about what she says. Isn't gear/stats what makes someone OP at all. I mean, I have accepted that as a sin, I do NOT understand how to play it that well. I tried PvP and I attack without knowing what Iam doing, not that Iam a complete dumb, some things I do know and apply, but not as well as I should/could.I think that Velvet, regardless of his gear/stats, he understands and knows how to play his toon/class.I always admired him because of that. This person is playing for years, I remember seeing him back in Freedom Harbor and he was then still "OP" without that "BEST EPIC ARENA WEAPON" that @senrin talks about. I also agree with Divillae, people do not ask that much for help, to those OP, they simply go moody about it and give up.

But, I haven't start "trying" Arena just now.

Back in the days, I had a different toon, actually 2, one a sin, and other a vampire, and I remember I used to do a little bit of Arena, 3v3 mostly, and I even enjoyed it. I was always the weak one from the group, but, with HALF of the gear lvl/stats...etc I managed to PvP qeue, play and even survive, and having fun. But, back in those days, Arena was much more populated and "weaker" toons were able to join a group with other weak toons or with strong toons, and play PvP. Maybe someone can say "you were carried for strong people who didnt had fun having you in the group" well, people didn't had any problem having me there and dying the first, and other times I wasn't the first to die, and things were more balanced.

Now... Now I have many things I never thought I could possibly have. My toon is still weak, I still don't know my sin that well, I even have realized I choosed wrong, Vampire class it's still my favourite class, but now I don't stand a chance. I go FF and get "oneshooted" tbh, for anyone, and not even for Velvet or Develich or whatsoever. I always have this feeling that anyone is stronger than me, in all honesty, I can get one shooted for half stong players compared to Velvet, Divi, Deve,Bigguns etc.the 3v3 and 6v6 have done NONE. But seeing Arena (or even game) population, I would get "oneshooed" as well. There's not a single truth here...I still have to learn and understand basic things about my toon, and not so basic ones, in order to be a better PvP.Even after that, still I would have to get "technically" stronger.And in the meanwhile sucks to die fast. To not enjoy the ride because you are so dead in the blink of an eye.

Would be nice to have a balanced PvP. That players, all kinds, could enjoy PvP. Everyone "enjoys" differently tho, but that happens in general.

I readed many interesting answers to Velvet's original post, and many were very interesting to read, not everyone have a deep idea of the actual/past pvp situation/issues but some points are clear. You just need to go to xserver and see for yourself. And if you ever tried pvp in the past, as me, you also can see differences. Even if you never was a "real" dedicated pvp, even if you just did pvp more at random and for the fun, the differences are still there.

For me the main differences are population, and level (not only level cap, gear, stats etc in genral) before used to be a little bit of everything, now weak players or normal players do not dare to try it out because they know what happens if they do. I even got bullied some time ago when trying to get into a party, because i wasnt strong enough. I've been told that many times, and even tho, from one side, I admit to understand it, becoming classist or elitist will never help more standard players get courage enough to try and do pvp. That happens with pve as well tho. One thing is that some minimums need to meet in order to make some instances happen, and something different is to be elitist.

Funny thing is, Velvet, that monster, that person who called him that, he did not have any problem to have me in his raids even tho I wan't the best coice, and I got my Hero rank 5 thanks to that. I was even lucky enough to get very soon the hero rank 5 weapon. What I try to say is, isn't true that OP players are mean or this or that. They aren't monsters. Not all

OP players, after much work, after many years, of course, look for challenging pvp , and for fun, I doubt that oneshooting someone makes them happy or having fun. I understand their side, and I understand there's a job there, you cannot cash your way to be smart/clever enough to know how to play your toon/class. The same way many people in pve understand what to do in a instance and some play lost. (i have been in both sides) I admire the players on my server who take the time to pay attention and understand what are they doing, and even more, the ones with patience enought to explain that to people like me. I remember GIO, helping out one sin I used to have name Akid, going in Lost Lighthouse, being the nicest person I've ever met back then. A simple instance perhaps, but I was a newbie still and this person made me want to play even more.

Standard players, also with their own job in their toons, they look also for challenging pvp, for exciting pvp, being able to fight against other players, it's not challenging at all to be oneshooted. To just die constantly in a matter of 1 sec. I tried many times and it's just pointless, all I do is reviving, step outside and being oneshooted after few steps...and even If I don't know my toon/class that well I should be able to fight against someone of "my size". Not x20 sizes bigger. Simple as that. Taking into account that I will never play as well as some people.Even if Iam strong. But at least let me fight someone as strong as me, if I have to fight someone smarter and stronger, it's the end.

Not everyhing is black or white anyway. But sorry if I went out of the thread issue, and again, my opinion is that making arena available in a more reduced time, will concentrate people in that period of time that arena would be open.In the other hand, if things were different, I would vote for timing to stay as it is. Iam also a little in agreement with senrin, that this would not necessarily subsanate the fact that Arena would still be dead.It's about many other reaons, like why poeple don't even apply in first place.

There are many reason why Arena isn't working that well and I said, up, before, why I think is that.

Have fun everyone!

"You were just a figment of my overactive Imagination".